• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 388 Views, 0 Comments

Safe and Sound. - supermegakittykat



What happens when disease strikes PonyVille.

  • ...
 0
 388

Don't Leave Me...

Twilight Sparkle didn't know what to do. She closed her eyes and pondered for a momment...
An idea sparked through her mind. Twilght's eyes flew open and her horn lit up. Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake levitated. Twilight started running. A dull voice sounded behind her.
"Where are you taking them...?" Twilight skidded to a halt. She turned to see Pinkie Pie stare at her. Pinkie's face was expressionless.
"Nurse Red Heart." Twilight answered quickly.
"No use. They'll die!" Pinkie stared crying. Twilight ran to her, the baby ponies still in the air.
"Pinkie! Don't say that! Please... We have to try." She comforted Pinkie. Pinkie looked uncertain.
"Fine." Instantly she stopped crying and just turned away. Twilight ran towards Sugarcube Corner's exit.....

Spike was pacing around the library anxiously.
"Where is she?" he muttered. Spike waited five more minutes. He couldn't take it. These five minutes felt like five hours... He jumped up and ran to the door. His small hand twisted the handle. Completely forgeting about the war he ran through the deserted streets. Only thinking about Twilight Sparkle...

Twilight Sparkle cantered in the direction of the hospital, sweat streaming down her face. Twilight was breathing heavily, her horn was still lightened. Twilight was right next to Carosell Boutique. Rarity was at the window, her calm eyes watching the purple unicorn. Twilight was so tired that she collapesed. Pumpkin and Pound Cake fell on the ground... Twilight's vision was blurred and was darkening. Twilight fainted.
"Um...Twilight...? Hello? Are you all right?"
"What's wrong with her?"
"She's tired, that's all."
"Then why is Pinkie's little bro and sis on the floor with her?"
"I don't know..." The voice answered. Twilight opened her eyes. Rarity was still at her window. Staring down at the ponies.
"Flutter Shy? Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here?" she murmmured.
"We were about to ask you the same thing..." Dash replied suspiciously.
"I'm sorry. Did we wake you?" Flutter's cool and calming eyes stared at Twilight cutely. Twilight eyes widened. Flutter Shy, an adorable sofy pony and Rainbow, a rough pony covered in scars (probably from the last attack of the war). She never realised it but Rainbow and Flutter were a cute couple. She shook her head. What was she thinking?! That's just silly! They're just friends!
"Anyway, me a Flutter were going to nurse Red Heart. Angel is poorly and needs something. Fast. But the thing is I didn't intend to go but Flutter Shy was too scared to go by herself..." Rainbow said. Rarity, who was still at the window, widened her eyes. A rabbit, sick?
"Same here. I was going to the hospital to save Pumpkin and Pound Cake. They're terribly sick" Twilight explained. "Pumpkin and Pound Cake..." She repeated. "Oh no! Pumpkin and Pound Cake! Oh no no no!!" Twilight shot up and trotted over to the two limp ponies. She checked their pulses. Nothing... Tears rolled down her cheeks. "They're.. Dead... What am I going to tell Pinkie?" Rarity heard this and closed her eyes. Tears pricking at her delicate eyes. Rarity tried hard not to cry, for she didn't want her eye liner and mascara to smudge, but no matter how hard she could she couldn't stop the tears from coming. Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake were sick too?
"What?!" anger rushed into Rainbow's magenta eyes.
"They're.. Dead?" Fluttershy burst into tears. "Oh no!"
"What disease is this?!" Rainbow demanded. She coughed hard. She stared losing breathe. Twilight looked alarmed. All of a sudden she stopped. Flutter sighed with relief. Rarity turned from the window and started sowing, ignoring her smudged makeup. She was sowing something black. Rainbow's funeral gown. She knew Rainbow, too, had the sickness...
"I don't know..." Twilight whispered. Flutter Shy was still crying. Twilight hung her head and slumped back to the Treebrary.
"Rainbow Dash..." Flutter Shy murmmured.
"What?" Rainbow muttered.
"Don't leave me..." Flutter whispered and leaned against Rainbow. "Please..."
Rainbow blushed for a second. Then warmth come to her face. She smiled.

"Don't worry I won't..."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment