• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 386 Views, 0 Comments

Safe and Sound. - supermegakittykat



What happens when disease strikes PonyVille.

  • ...
 0
 386

An Alarming Discovery

Explosions echoed through the mountains. The border between Equestria and Germaneigh was full of noise and shouts. Unicorns, pegasi, earth ponies... attacking one another. There were ponies lying on the ground, dead or unconcious. A blue pegasus was there... groaning in pain, yet not quite awake. Blood trickled down here forehead. Her eyes shot open. She flew into the air and shrieked at the top of her voice.
"RETREAT, EQUESTRIANS!! RETREAT!" The blue pegasus looked upset. She hated backing down this easily but everypony was tired. "They need rest." She told herself...

Twilght Sparkle grumbled to herself.
"Out of sugar! Why does there have to be a war in the first place!" Twilight knew it would be a bad idea to go outside, but she couldn't resist, she wanted something to entertain her. The war was challenging to deal with. Equestria and Germaneigh had fought each other for a year now because of Germaneigh's evil leader, Lightening Strike. Twilight slowly crept up to the door hoping Spike wouldn't see her.
"You're not going outside are you?" Twilight frose. She turned round to see Spike staring at her angrily. "There's a war going on out there. I don't want you to get hurt."
"That's sweet of you," She murmured, "but no, I'm not going outside."
"Good." Spike turned round and went back up to his room. "Thank goodness..." he grunted. He shut the door behind him. Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. Her horn lit up as she twisted the handle on the door. It opened. She squinted as the door creaked loudly open. She wiped the sweat from her head. Spike hadn't noticed how much noise that Twilight caused. She trotted outside and shut the door quickly behind her...

Twilight took a moment to breathe in the fresh air. It had been a while since she had smelt something like that.
She snapped back into reality. This was the war! She had to be quick about this! She galloped to Sugarcube Corner. That was closest place to get sugar from. Everywhere was deserted and there wasn't a single pony to be found. She ran quicker. Her legs were getting tired but she thought of what the soldiers had to put up with while defending their country.
They must be so tired right now... she thought. A little running would do her some good. She needed the excersize. Just a bit further. Sugarcube Corner was in sight. She strained herself to go a little faster until she reached the entrance of the cake-like building and knocked on the pink wooden door.

A few seconds later Twilight saw Pinkie Pie glance through a window cautiously. Twilight desperately knocked again. She needed to get into a buliding quickly. Finally Pinkie opened the door. Twilight was expecting her to open with a massive smile on her face but no... She looked painfully sad and angry. Her pink hair was dull and as straight as one of Twilight's rulers. Instantly, Twilight knew something was wrong.
"Pinkie, what's the matter?" Pinkiepie didn't answer, she just looked away and plodded upstairs slowly. Twilight followed anxiously. Pinkie walked opened a bedroom door.
"Cover your mouth," She growled "I don't want you sick too... I don't want another stupid pony to deal with.".
"Pinkie!!" Twlight gasped and trotted in. She stared in horror and disbelief at what she could see...



Pumpkincake and Poundcake...
Were laying unconcious in their bed...