• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 950 Views, 24 Comments

Linkin Pony- Recharge - Kaciekk



The Linkin Ponies use the energy of the earth( in the future) to overcome the dying world.

  • ...
5
 24
 950

Part 29

HeartFelt awoke dazed. She was confused at first, then she remembered she had found her friends. She carefully got off the bed, HeartFelt hadn't sleep that well in months. She looked outside in the hallway.
CharmingRhythm still laid on the ground. He didn't move as she came up to him. Then his head slowly rose up. His eyes gazed over to her.
"Are you okay?" HeartFelt asked.
"I... I don't know... I'm fine"
"Did you sleep okay." She tilted her head.
"I don't know!" CharmingRhythm snapped.
"What's wrong?" HeartFelt nudged her muzzle to him. "You're not the same Rhythm."
"I know I'm not... Just-" He shoved his face into the blanket.
"If you want to sleep more, you can go to your own bed." She said.
"No!" He called back from the blanket.
HeartFelt slowly took some steps back. She didn't want to bother him anymore. She clopped over to the main room. She tried to figure out the place. This was all new to her. HeartFelt gazed over and saw HyperBlitz.
"Morning..." HeartFelt mumbled. "CharmingRhythm isn't being that welcoming."
"He's changed a lot." Hyper shook his head. "I don't know why he's acting like this towards you. Something's weighing him down." HyperBlitz looked up at the mare.
She gave out a sigh. "I feel I need to do something to contribute here. Now that I am staying here, I should do some sort of work.Is there anything you need me to get?"
"No, you don't need to do that!" HyperBlitz said. "Really, you're our guest, and you've been through a lot-"
"Please, I feel that's what is right." She argued. "Can I get something from that camp? Something that will help with making myself a bed?" HeartFelt urged.
"If you really feel that's necessary." Hyper laughed. "I guess you can go. Just keep going strait outside, along the path." He twisted his head and went to the door. "But be careful! Stay with the other ponies!" He warned her, and HeartFelt went outside.

---

Later, HyperBltiz stood in the meeting room. He looked at the door that lead to the food storage. EchoBeat was trying to figure out how to preserve his tomatoes. He pulled out a glass jar.
"You think we can put them in this?" Echo cocked his head.
"I doubt it." Hyper said.
"Hmm."
Echo tried to pick it up in his mouth, but it suddenly slipped. The glass shattered on the ground, making a peircing sound. HyperBlitz jumped into the air as the glass spread across the floor.
"Nice job." Hyper snapped.
"I'll clean it." EchoBeat said with his head low.
HyperBlitz then quickly flew out of the room. He placed his hooves on the ground. FeatherTune glanced over to him wit ha confused face. Hyper just shook his head. He stepped forward and looked out the window. Feather twisted his head to look too. Rain tapped against the side.
"HeartFelt went out there." HyperBlitz murmured.
"She's been gone for a long time." FeatherTune spoke. "I can't believe Rhythm didn't notice!"
"I'm gonna go talk to him." Hyper said with irritation.
He galloped into the hallway an then to CharmingRhythm's room. He opened the door and looked inside. Rhythm laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling.
"What are you doing?" Hyper called to him. "You know your wife is out there." He pointed to the window that rain pattered on. "Are you gonna get off your lazy ass?"
Rhythm gazed down and grumbled. "If I feel it's necessary to go out, I will."
"You disgrace me!" Hyper gagged as he flipped around and left the room.
The clopping faded out, and CharmingRhythm glanced over to the window. The rain blurred out all vision, and droplets ran down the side. Rhythm thought for some time. He knew he had to get through what was pulling him down. He had to realize the truth in the world. That he can only live the present. Rhythm quickly got up and placed his hooves on the cold floor. He turned into the hallway.
CharmingRhythm peeked into the main room to see that nopony was watching, then swiftly dashed to the door. He quietly closed it behind him. Rhythm looked up at the sky before stepping onto the mud. He shot out a magic shield to keep himself dry.
Even though his hooves dragged in the mud, he kept moving forward. The rain fell down the edge of the shield, making it hard to see. This was the heaviest rain that had fallen in months. CharmingRhythm raised the shield a bit to see the pony camp. He studied the closed doors.
A gray stallion peeked out and saw him. Rhythm galloped over to him, and looked under the doorway. The stallion gazed at him for a bit.
"Have you seen a green mare with a brown mane come through?"
"I think she left earlier, just before it started to rain." The stallion informed him. "I think she went that way." He pointed his hoof to the left, where dead trees stood. CharmingRhythm bowed his head and the raced off.
He studied the downhill slope. There must be something off this way, possibly more camp. Rhythm took a step, he glared down as he started to slip, he placed his other hooves forward too. He came to a stop at the end of the hill. Rhythm peeked around, and there was HeartFelt who laid under dead brambles.
"HeartFelt!" He called out and ran to her, almost losing the shield.
She looked up, she seemed to be in pain, she was bruised and covered with mud. "Rhythm?"
"What happened?" He nudged her side.
"I fell down that hill, I wasn't looking.... I'm so stupid."
"No you're not." CharmingRhythm mumbled. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I was the one who was stupid. I keep letting things get in the way. I don't know what's pulling me down....But I had to find you." Rhythm gazed back up at the sky. "We need to get back to the base."
Rhythm helped HeartFelt up, and she leaned on his side. He placed the shield above them both, and as Rhythm took a step, HeartFelt followed. CharmingRhythm glared back forward and let out a sigh.
"May I sing for you?" He said very softly.
"I guess... rap or sing?"
"Just sing...." Rhythm let out.


"Let me apologize to begin with
Let me apologize for what I'm about to say
But trying to be genuine was harder than it seemed
And somehow I got caught up in between

Let me apologize to begin with
Let me apologize for what I'm about to say
But trying to be someone else was harder than it seemed
And somehow I got caught up in between

Between my pride and my promise
Between my lies and how the truth gets in the way
And things I want to say to you get lost before they come
The only thing that's worse than one is none"


HeartFelt's eyes caught the guilt in CharmingRhythm's eyes. He ducked his head down low.
"But you don't have none, you do have one." HeartFelt said.
"I know. I can't believe how long I took me to realize that." Rhythm confessed.
They came to the door of the base, Rhythm let go of the shield as they got under the roof. He opened the door with his hoof, and slowly entered. He was surprised to see all the ponies standing there, waiting for him.
"I...I" He stuttered as their eyes hit him.
HeartFelt looked around, her damp coat dripped. EchoBeat then quickly jumped and placed a towel around her. They all knew that they were coming back. HyperBlitz took some steps forward, and stood a nose-length away from CharmingRhythm
'That's what I thought." The pegasus whispered. "That's what the Rhythm I know would do."
CharmingRhythm coughed. "You guys, I don't know why I didn't see this earlier. All I need is right here, my friends, and I can't think of the past, all those dead ponies."
"Do you still feel bothered?" Hyper tilted his head.
"Yes..." Rhythm gave an answer he wasn't expecting. "I don't know why, but I will figure it out. Right now, all I care about is being with my friends..." He paused and studied them all. "My family...you are all like a family to me." He turned to HyperBlitz. "And you Hyper, you're like a brother I never had. Really, all of you are brothers."
They all circled around him and smiled. All they needed now was a restart, a new beginning for the world, with the energy, and ponies communicating.

Author's Note:

This is the end of Act 1. The next act's part will come soon, I am going at a slower pace, so I don't want to rush myself with posting the parts.... But come back later for updates!