• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 945 Views, 24 Comments

Linkin Pony- Recharge - Kaciekk



The Linkin Ponies use the energy of the earth( in the future) to overcome the dying world.

  • ...
5
 24
 945

Part 19

Silence. That was all there was. It was so silent, that it hurt, like a pony would be deaf.
CharmingRhythm awoke, but he didn't feel awake staring at a dark wall. He turned over and laid on his back. It was still pitch black. Very dim light came from the window. Probably from light pollution, what ever there was, from the little camp, the moon and stars.
Rhythm sat up, he didn't know why he woke up. He wasn't rested, and it wasn't morning. Why was he awake? He didn't remember any dream.
CharmingRhythm yawned. He didn't know what to do, but he didn't feel like trying to fall back to sleep. His brain was running wild, but with thoughts he couldn't make out. Then Rhythm put his hind legs on the cold floor, then his left hoof. He dragged his lifeless metal leg. He turned it off at night, to save energy, and so the bright blue light wouldn't bother him.
He tapped the little orb in his leg with his other hoof. Then a flicker of blue showed. Slowly, the orb lit up. It lit up the room, and it was much easier to see now. CharmingRhythm glanced around. The he went out the door.
He took to right turns, into the main room, where nopony would be. All of them were asleep. The computer was shut off, the only light was from a few buttons that glowed. CharmingRhythm took set in the computer chair. He didn't turn the computer on, he just sat there. He spun around in the chair. He looked at the floor that was tinted with the blue glow. He wondered what time it was. But if he wanted to know, he'd have to turn the computer on, and he didn't want the bright screen in is face.
Rhythm gave out a sigh, he was hoping it wasn't not to loud. He thought to himself "Why am I here? Shouldn't I be in bed?"
He turned away and stepped off the chair. He trotted up to the window. CharmingRhythm took a look outside. There wanst much you could see. The moon tried to show itself past the clouds. The clouds that always stayed. The night was cold, very cold. It was a bit warmer inside. But the day was warm, and humid.
CharmingRhythm tried to imagine how the other ponies were. The base must seem like luxury compared to how those ponies lived. But the Linkin Ponies gave them role models, if they could have a nice home, so could the other.
Suddenly, Rhythm could hear very faint taps. Clopping of hooves, and they were very steady and slow. The pony must not wanted him to here them. To bad Rhythm already knew they were there. He just sat, and waited a while, hoping that the pony would come closer. He knew he was close now, the silence was broken by soft breathing.
A whisper came from behind. "Are you okay."
There was a moment before CharmingRhythm responded. "Why do you ask?"
"Well, you're up."
"Why are you up?" Rhythm argued.
"Because you are. Can you not sleep?"
CharmingRhythm thought. "Hyper, I... I don't know why I woke up."
HyperBlitz came closer and tilted his head. "What do you mean?"
Rhythm shook his head. "Somethings up. I don't know why I'm acting odd. I'm not myself. Sure I am myself, but every so often, I'll be depressed."
"We all are sorta sad... about the world, the ponies." Hyper said.
"But why am I acting different then all of you?! Why can't I be myself?! What the hell is wrong with me?" Rhythm clapped his hoof to his face.
"Dude, calm down, you'll wake the others." HyperBlitz put his hoof on CharmingRhythm's back. "You're acting like me when I went through those depression stages, doing drugs - a mistake I'll never make again."
ChamrmingRhythm looked over to him.
"Tomorrow... well later today, We'll go out to the buildings and meet some ponies. I know that makes you happy."
"I guess. But I don't like to see ponies hurt. I don't what anypony to be hurt, I'm afraid that HeartFelt might be." Rhythm said.
"At least you know you have a Wife! You know she's alive. I doubt my wife is alive, I'm sure my children are killed too!"
It was dark, but from the light blue orbs in Rhythm's leg, and in Hyper's wing, Rhythm could see Hyper had a concerned face. "You need socialization, you know that, and you've gotten it... You need to get out everyday! There's plenty of ponies, new one coming all the time too. I'm sure they'll love to meet you."
"Then why do I feel so alone!" CharmingRhythm said a bit louder then expected.
There was a few minutes of quiet. Nopony spoke. But then HyperBlitz took a few deep breaths. He tried to get a good note.

"Weep not for roads untraveled,
Weep not for sights unseen.
May your love never end,
and if you need a friend,
there's a seat here along side me."

Their brown eyes met, with the glint of blue shining. Emotion's could be felt in the air. They were the best of friends, and they will always be. Then CharmingRhythm lunged forward and hugged the yellow Pegasus.
He looked over in the corner, two silhouetted figures stood there and watched. It was FeatherTune and BlazingFlair. They took a few steps together. HyperBlitz looked around and saw them. Even EchoBeat and SpinningNote came. They were all awake. All friends were there for each other. They all exchanged faces, as if they knew what each pony was think. They DID know what each other thought.

"Woah oh woah oh ohhh
Woah oh oh woah ohh oh oh
Oh Woah ohh woah"

All the ponies sung together as friends, in perfect harmony, nothing was wrong. A song that spoke it's words, clear and true.