• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 949 Views, 24 Comments

Linkin Pony- Recharge - Kaciekk



The Linkin Ponies use the energy of the earth( in the future) to overcome the dying world.

  • ...
5
 24
 949

Part 34

It was early in the morning, EchoBeat gazed around outside. He was in the back of the base. He scanned the pile of scrap metal. He needed to figure something out. It was his goal to make a energy detector. SpinningNote stood over by the door.
"How are you going to make that?"
"I don't know." Echo said quietly. "Energy is attracted to metal, and other energy...." He picked up a pole. "Rhythm said he would like an easier way to find energy."
"Yeah, so he doesn't loose another leg." Spinning said.
"Don't joke about that." EchoBeat snapped. "Can I have some time alone?"

---

Later in the day, CharmingRhythm paced the floor. He was waiting for Echo all day. It wasn't like he had much to do. He looked over to the computer. He placed his hooves on the keys, and the screen lit up. Rhythm just stared at it. Then there was a noise from the other room.
"I think I got it Rhythm!" EchoBeat said.
"Finally!" Rhythm exclaimed.
"I used metal, and magnets, with energy too. It will conduct other energy in the area. The only thing is that it is bigger then I expected; I will need help moving it around." Echo explained to him.
"Sounds good!" Rhythm said. "I think we can get Spinning and Hyper to come with us. We'll just search around for a while. Hopefully we will be back before it is dark."

---

HyperBlitz flew and followed the other ponies. He was the only Pegasus with them. He watched the two unicorns help pull the energy detector.
It was odd looking, but a bit like a generator. Metal pieces stood and held the extra energy and magnets. It was about shoulder height. Also, it was hard to explain how it worked. EchoBeat showed them by using a sensor, on a long wire, and placed it over CharmingRhythm's leg. The buttons on the machine glowed as it found energy.
He really didn't do much, but Hyper did kept an eye out for any suspicion. The day seemed normal, a gray sky with a little light spot in the sky, indicating the sun. HyperBlitz looked away from the ground. He began to hum, and soon made out some words.

"You love the way I look at you
While taking pleasure in the awful things you put me through
You take away if I give in
My life, my pride is broken"

He took a little pause as he fluttered through the sky.

"You like to think you're never wrong
You have to act like you're someone
You want someone to hurt like you
You want to share what you have been through"

HyperBlitz glanced over at the ponies. They circled around and moved the energy detector. There was no luck so far. He glanced back over to the east, where the base was in the distance. To his left, a large wall block his view. Hyper flew a little bit higher.
The Pegasus placed his red hooves on the stone. Hyper peeked over. There was more of the dry terrain, some empty buildings laid out also. But something caught Hyper's eyes. It was a large, gray structure. It was not a building, for it stood motionless on some tracks. A locomotive, that had been abandoned with no cars.
HyperBlitz suddenly jumped down with enthusiasm. He flipped his head around and flew down to the others.
"Hey, Rhythm!" He called out.
"Hmm?" CharmingRhythm turned around.
"I want to show you something!"
"It can't wait? You know we're busy." Rhythm told him.
"C'mon, just real quick!" Hyper said.
Then he wrapped his hooves around the unicorn and lifted him up. Hyper kept fluttering and got higher. Rhythm panicked, and flapped his legs. Rhythm suddenly fell, and snatched Hyper's hind-leg. CharmingRhythm held on as tight as possible.
"HyperBlitz!!! Where the hell are you taking me!?" He shouted.
But Hyper didn't reply. He came closer to the big rock wall. HyperBlitz came down and pressed his fore-hooves down. Rhythm slid across the surface as he was dragged. CharmingRhythm finally let go, seeing that he had a safe place. He shot his head up and sneered at Hyper.
"That." HyperBlitz said bluntly, pointing out his hoof.
Rhythm looked over in the direction. He saw the locomotive on the tracks, clearly in the open. "A train?"
"Yeah, I think it's interesting." Hyper said. "If there was a way we could charge it up with energy, we could travel."
"Where?" Rhythm laughed.
"South.... One of the mares in the camp goes there a lot. She says there are many ponies living in the big city still. Why not go there? We can tell ponies more about energy."
Rhythm took a few moments to process his thoughts. "But first we want to find energy!" He said, and looked around at the other two ponies. "Now, get me down from here."
HyperBlitz took his hooves around Rhythm again. "Don't slip this time." He took flight and glided down, placing Rhythm on his hooves.
"What was that about?" SpinningNote spoke.
"He wanted to show me a train..." CharmingRhythm trailed off.
EchoBeat was not listening, he was testing his detector. He placed the sensor around, and shuffled it across the ground. A static noise arose. EchoBeat glanced at his machine. The buttons glowed blue.
"I think I found an energy spot." He announced.
"We can come back to it later." CharmingRhythm said.
Indigo magic lifted up a rock. Spinningnote placed it on where the sensor was, to mark it. His magic took a sharp tool and stenciled in their symbol. Spinning looked over to Rhythm and nodded.