• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 948 Views, 24 Comments

Linkin Pony- Recharge - Kaciekk



The Linkin Ponies use the energy of the earth( in the future) to overcome the dying world.

  • ...
5
 24
 948

Part 42

The ponies had worked hard that evening, they had worked till sunset. Many of the citizens were grateful for them. They sleep inside the train, the only place they could go. They had gotten blankets from the city ponies so they wouldn't sleep on the dusty floor. Even though it was uncomfortable, the day had easily tired them.
It was still dark, and the morning would come soon. All of them were asleep, but HyperBlitz awoke; he had intended to. Hyper gazed around and paced his hooves slow. He pulled the door open and close quietly. Then he flipped his head over to his right wing. He tapped the orb with his hoof, and the blue glow appeared.
HyperBlitz went through the empty city streets. He looked left, then right, to make sure that no pony, or hybrid saw him. He wondered if hybrids would try to get in the city at night. He tried to remember the right direction.
Hyper turned the corner, his wing's glow light up the wall. Something flashed, and he jumped. He quickly came to the sight. A pony stepped back, his leg was made of metal. A blue orb was in it's center. Hyper sighed with relief.
"I.. I... uh.." The pony stumbled.
"It's okay." Hyper said softly. "You shouldn't be out, you need to get inside quick."
The pony nodded, then took his hooves away, and went behind the wall.
HyperBlitz looked down the street once more. He had been in this city many times, but it seemed so different now. He glanced at the broken windows of shops. The buildings lined up in a row, a place where ponies use to crowd, day and night. Now it was bare. Hyper thought he was starting to wander too far. He need to change his route, but the city seemed so interesting to look at, even after all of the change.
He turned down the street he remembered following earlier that day. HyperBlitz passed through the lone park. He wandered and thought, how long would it bee until sunrise? Then he came to his destination. Hyper took a deep breath.
He pushed the door he had broke earlier with his hoof. The creaking echoed. The pegasus looked over. A silhouette of the tan mare shown. She was sleeping in the corner, a rugged blanket underneath. Her little colt was bundled up next to her.
Hyper stepped forward, and bowed his head. His muzzle touched her side, and her eyes opened slowly.
"HyperBlitz?" Her voice was quiet. "Why are you here?"
"I had to come... I just haven't seen you in so long.. I needed to be with you."
"Hyper..." SweetHooves moved slowly. She glanced down at JumpingJolt, who was still sleeping.
Hyper came closer, and placed his left wing around her. The floor was cold, and hard to get comfortable on it. He looked at SweetHooves, but she did not meet his eyes.
"I'm sorry I came so late... or early... whatever time it is." Hyper said.
SweetHooves did not reply, but little movement came from beneath. JumpingJolt turned his head tiredly.
"Daddy?"
"It's okay, just go back to sleep." Hyper told him, nuzzling his mane. The colt tried to settle himself again.
It was quiet for a few moments, until SweetHooves began to speak. "It's good to hear your voice again..."
HyperBlitz sighed. " You should come back with us."
"I...I can't." She said. "I just can't Hyper."
"Why?"
She only put her head lower, touching JumpingJolt. His eyes still gazed around, still not falling back to sleep. Jolt shuffled a bit, into a new position between the two ponies. There was only silence now.
HyperBlitz sat there for a while, not knowing how long he was gone. He let his wife and son sleep, or at least rest. He felt guilt that he had awoke them now.
A sad feeling came over him. The way that SweetHooves was now, so negative. How any of the world was. And the thought that all his children but one was dead. And SweetHooves probably had to watch them die. But then again, many ponies lost their whole family. But his family didn't want to come with him.
Hyper, eyes now misty, breathed heavy. SweetHooves now moved again after a long time. She looked up to the pegasus, whose tears rolled down his cheek.
"Why are you crying?" The mare asked.
"It's... it's nothing." He murmured.
"Then you shouldn't cry if it is nothing."
"Hmm..." HyperBlitz gave a little nod. He thought for a long moment. "It's not December."
"What?" The mare mumbled, but Hyper replied with a melody.

"This is my December
This is my time of the year
This is my December
This is all so clear
This is my December
This is my snow covered home
This is my December
This is me alone"

His eyes were closed for a bit, before he sang anymore. He had to skip a part of the song, for it was a part CharmingRhythm would sing. Hyper sang quietly again.

"And I'd give it all away
Just to have somewhere
To go to
Give it all away
To have someone
To come home to"

SweetHooves placed her head closer to him as he stopped. HyperBlitz only stared into space. Again, silence filled the room for a while. Gray light started to appear against the back wall. Hyper then noticed it, but still did not move.
"I'm gonna have to go soon." He said, then met the mares eyes, the scared one now showing. "But, I'll stay a little bit longer." He whispered.