• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 945 Views, 24 Comments

Linkin Pony- Recharge - Kaciekk



The Linkin Ponies use the energy of the earth( in the future) to overcome the dying world.

  • ...
5
 24
 945

Part 31

The day slowly crawled along. The humid air flowed down, through the buildings. EchoBeat yawned as he stared at the computer. The glare reflected off of his glasses. He really had no idea what to do.
HyperBlitz stepped into the room and looked at the red pony. Echo didn't notice him at first, but as he hit a hoof on the floor again, EchoBeat glanced over. It was silent and they just stared at each other. Echo slowly turned his head back, and Hyper's eyes followed him.
Then HyperBlitz tilted his head down and looked behind EchoBeat. FeatherTune was sitting in his own chair, his muzzle faced up and his eyes were closed. He was asleep. Echo shot a glance back at Hyper, who gestured his head towards Feather. Echo twisted his head over, and back, and shrugged. He tapped his hoof on the desk next to FeatherTune.
HyperBlitz passed around him. "That's not how you do it." He muttered.
He put his head down low, behind Feather's shoulder. "GET THE HELL UP!" He shouted.
Suddenly FeatherTune shot awake and fell back in his chair. He dizzily looked up and tried to make out Hyper. "What the fuck was that for?"
"No sleeping on the job!" HyperBlitz called out.
"What job?!" Feather snapped. But Hyper didn't reply, he swung around and left the room with a devilish smirk.
When he stopped in the hallway, he stood by CharmingRhythm's door. Hyper stood still for a few moment, thinking. Then he push open the door. HeartFelt sat on the floor. She gazed up at Hyper as he entered the room.
"Can I have a moment with Rhythm?" He asked.
HeartFelt looked up at Rhythm who sat on his bed. "I guess?" She stood up, and looked at HyperBlitz confused. His eye's looked deep into her's. Then she nodded, and passed by him.
Now Rhythm gave him a confused face. Hyper closed the door with his back hoof.
"W-What?" CharmingRhythm mumbled.
"It's okay." Hyper sighed. "I just wanted to talk." He stared at the unicorn. "You said that you sill are bothered. But you don't know by what. You said that you have what you need, but how are you still bothered?" His voice grew louder.
Rhythm glanced down. "I... I don't know, Hype, I really don't know. It's something, just dragging me. It's like it's controlling me, away from reality. It's like how-" He glanced at his hoof. "HYBRIDS!" He shouted.
"What, Hybrids couldn't do this to you." HyperBlitz exclaimed.
"NO!" Rhythm jumped down from his bed. "How the Hybrids are controlled by technology! My hoof! It's changing me!"
"Whoa, whoa! How is that possible, you have pure energy." Hyper pointed out.
"Maybe the energy is dying out!"
"And how could a leg control you?" Hyper coughed.
"I don't know! But still, I'm gonna become a Hybrid!!!" Rhythm cried out.
"No..." HyperBlitz assured him. "The pure energy won't let you become a hybrid, and I won't let you become one."
CharmingRhythm breathed out heavily."But.. what if the energy isn't enough?"
"Then how am I not going crazy?" HyperBlitz told him.
"Because you have your own energy?" CharmingRhythm suggested. "Balanced out maybe... But still, I guess... maybe I need a charge up or something."
"We could probably do that." Hyper said.
The two ponies were now silent. Hyper took a few steps over, he noticed paper were on the bed. He was about to read what was on them, a wisp of blue magic grasped them. Hyper shot his head over to Rhythm as he hid the papers.
"What?" HyperBlitz said. "I can't read it... What is it anyways?"
CharminmgRhythm stepped back and dipped his head low. "Nothing..." He murmured. "It's just a song and lyric list. I was trying to see what lyrics would be good to connect with the world right now. There are a lot." His eyes wandered.
Then Hyper stepped up with a smile. "Well, you be Lyricleis." He said in a 'ghetto' accent.
Rhythm let out a laugh. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you brought that back!" He looked at him brightly.
"I got a good laugh out of you... That's why!" HyperBlitz explained. "Anyways, memories are what make us who we are."
The smile on Rhythm's face faded.
"Oh come on, Your fine when you're happy!" Hyper said.
"So many memories are bad though...." The unicorn spoke softly.
"If memories make us who we are, then chose to think of good memories. You'll find it will make you feel better, and make others feel better too." Hyper paused. "Really, all we are is everything we've done...All we are is how quickly we run"
Rhythm opened his eyes wide, and a magic aura appeared around his horn. "I should write that down." He took his pen and paper. "That's a good song, even if it was a demo."
As he wrote down things, HyperBlitz murmured to himself.

"This is how we fall apart
This is how the ending starts
And when our heads betray our hearts
We fake what we don't know"

Then the pegasus looked over CharmingRhythm's shoulder, scanning the paper. Suddenly he swipped it down and glared at HyperBlitz. But Hyper just gave him a odd expression, with huge eyes. Then they both smiled, and laughed.
Just then, the door behind them slid open. BlazingFlair looked at them "Why are you two laughing so much?"
"It's nothing." Hyper shook his head.
Then Rhythm clopped forward. "Hey Blazing, do you think it's possible that I could have my leg charged? To get more energy..."
"I- I guess?" The orange pony looked at him shocked. "We can try."