• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 855 Views, 10 Comments

On The Brink of Friendship - The Number 1 Bushwacka



It is dark times. Equestria is on the Brink of war, and Princess Celestia turns to six warriors from the floating city called "The Ark" for help. Can enemies turn into friends to help the ponies? rated T for now

  • ...
2
 10
 855

Whispers in the Dark

Chapter 5: Whispers in the Dark



“Canterlot, It reminds me of founders tower. How the rich live away from the working community. I do not like it.” Viktor said quietly to Rafael and Nick. Since their arrival to Canterlot, the 6 men had been getting stares from the upper class ponies.

“I know, but this is not founders tower. These are not the people we are at war with.” Rafael replied.

“We don’t need to make enemies out of our “allies”.” Nick quietly said. He was looking down at the ground again, keeping his dark brown eyes hidden behind his hood’s shadow. If he held his head up, he would be at his full height of 6’4, in which only Viktor would be taller then him, standing at 6’10. Rafael was 6’2.

In the ponies minds, the humans appeared to them as if the three men of security were upper class, highly trained, and the three resistance fighters as untrustworthy, dangerous rebels. Just as the founders think of them back home.

“Ok, now I do not want our entrance to be the same as when you all first got here. Do you understand me?” Twilight said. She got multiple nods from the guys. The girls and guys walked up to the castle entrance, and after Twilight explained why they were there, the guards stepped aside to let them enter. As the group walked through the long hallway, the guys observed the scenery, looking at the windows that told the story of Discord and how the mane six defeated him.

“Is good tapestry, no?” Viktor said to Mark.

“Guess so, better than what we have on Earth to say the least.” Mark replied. After walking some more, they came to the Celestia’s throne. The girls bowed like they normally do, Mark, Jackson, and Carlos stood at attention and saluted, Nick, Viktor, and Rafael put their right arm across their chest diagonally (where their hand was on the front of their shoulder) and got on one knee. Celestia smiled, despite of the storm she could feel coming.

“My little ponies, warriors of Earth, welcome back. You received my message?” Celestia asked.

“We came as soon as we got it.” Twilight responded.

“Well, then I better cut to the chase. This will be your first mission.” Celestia said.

“We ready to serve.” Mark said, his men standing firm.

“We will fight for the freedom of all.” Viktor said, him, Rafael, and Nick standing up.

“Good, then here is the first mission. The Griffons have made a small encampment in an area east of here, and I need you to sneak in their at night and take any intelligence that could relate to any area that ponykind reside in. Also, I want you to disable their communications so they can’t contact any areas to their kingdom for future invasion. Are you up to the mission?” Celestia asked. The guys nodded.

“We will do our best princess!” The girls replied unanimously.

“I know you all will.” Celestia said. “you leave at sunset.” She said. The group bowed, and then left.

“You think they are up to the challenge?” Luna asked. She had been quiet the whole briefing.

“We can only hope.” Celestia said.
<><><><><>
Nightfall…
<><><><><>


“Security night watch initiated. Any unauthorized units out at this time will be questioned and possible targeted if a spy.” Speakers surrounding the small, yet large griffon camp blared this repeatedly until assigned units were at their night posts, guarding for the night.

“It’s going to be a tough first mission.” Mark said, observing the camp through his binoculars.

“Well, It’s 11:30 in our time, maybe it is that time here as well.” Rafael said.

“We better get moving. We ready?” Mark asked.

“I’m set up. Good thing we were able to get some of our stuff before we left.” Nick said, setting up his Barnett light rifle. He aimed through the scope, observing the base.

“Looks like your basic setup. Two guard towers at the entrance, patrols going through the base. Looks like security prison.” Nick then commented.

“Now’s not the time.” Viktor said. “Lets get moving. Be ready to cover us with your sniper rifle if you need to.” he then said. Nick then simply nodded.

“Right, lets move. Girls, stay close.” Mark said. All of them but Nick then quietly moved toward the base.

“Check headsets.” Mark said.

“Flying Bug, online.” Carlos said.

“Walking Shield, online.” Mark the said.

“Iron Curtain, online.” Viktor said, his Russian accent very noticeable

“Voice of Freedom, online.” Rafael said, Jamaican accent noticeable.

“Time Bomb, online.” Jackson said.

“Shadowed Anger, online.” Nick said, his voice having the tone of a stealthy, predator like hunter.

“How do we get in?” Twilight whispered to Mark.

“Watch and learn. Carlos, you’re up.” Mark quietly said. Carlos picked up a nearby rock, and threw it toward the gate entrance. All of them immediately dropped as it made a loud clang.

“You hear that?” One of the Griffons on guard as heard asking.

“Yeah, better send a guy to check it out.” Another replied. Soon, the gate opened, and one single griffon soldier came out. He walked around, and then started walking out of a spotlight, and toward the group. Then, Carlos jumped up toward the griffon, and snapped his neck before it could say anything. The girls were in a state of shock as to how they took killing so lightly. It then surprised them even more as they saw Carlos scanning the griffons body, and soon, he took the form and voice of the griffon.

“How did he do that?” Twilight asked.

“It is a sort of technology we give to our operatives. The Resistance has them as well.” Mark said. The group stayed as Carlos, in griffon form, Walked back to the gate.

“You see anything?” a griffon guard stationed in one of the towers asked.

“Nothing, must have been the wind blowing some pebbles against the gate.” Carlos said.

“Right.” The griffon said. The gate then opened, and Carlos entered. Before long, the group could see two bodies fall out of the towers, and the gate opened again.

“Lets go.” Mark ordered. They then entered the base, staying close to the shadows. As silent as possible, they passed a line of bunkers, which sleeping griffons were inside each one. The group stayed in a shadowy area until a spotlight had passed, and they then sprinted to another building, one by one. As Carlos was running towards the building where the others where, he stopped dead in his tracks, and jumped to a nearby crate to hide. A two griffon patrol was walking straight toward his location. Carlos got on the radio.

“Shadowed Anger, this is Flying Bug. I’m pinned. A two man patrol is heading towards me.” Carlos whispered into his headset

“I see em’.” Was the reply. Carlos peeked just above the crate, and in within a second, a bullet went through both griffons heads. Nick was so far away you couldn’t even hear the gun go off. Carlos quickly dragged the bodies and put them behind the crate, where they were hidden in it’s shadow. Carlos then ran and regrouped with the others.

“Alright, based on the info we had before we left, this should be the place. Twilight, this is where you come in.” Mark said. Twilight walked to the front of the group, and closed her eyes. Her horn started to glow, and soon, a click was heard from the door. It then opened.

“Good job.” Rafael said.

“Thanks,” Twilight replied. The squad entered, aiming their weapons around the room until they knew it was clear. They turned on the lights, and Viktor quietly closed the door.

“This place is stacked.” Carlos said, looking at all the papers on a table, taking pictures with a camera he had.

“Everything could be in here. Locations, squad formations, this would give us a large advantage.” Rafael said, looking at a map, making a copy of the map on a piece of paper.

“Your right. Gather all the info we can.” Mark said. They guys and girls worked, the guys sketching copies of maps and taking pictures, the girls putting some papers with information in a saddlebag each one had.

“Well, wonder what this is…” Applejack said, looking at a map on a table. As she observed it, her eyes widened. “Viktor, you might want to see this.”

“What is it Applejack?” Viktor asked, walking over. Applejack pointed at the map with her hoof, and Viktor’s jaw dropped. It was a large, 3D map of Equestria, showing all towns, and kingdoms

“This is not good. Mark!” Viktor called out. Mark ran over, and observed the map.

“They’ve target all of the larger cities and the kingdom…” Mark said. Fillydelphia, Trottingham, Stalliongrad, and many other cities were on the map, with a red circle. Canterlot had multiple red circles, with multiple arrows pointing at it.

“Carlos, get a picture of this!” Mark ordered.

“Yes sir.” Carlos said, taking multiple pictures of the map. They were then caught off guard with sudden radio chatter

“Guys, Code Black, Code Black, They just found the bodies, the base is on full alert. I’m gonna distract them, but you guys get the hell out of there!” Nick said over the guys headsets. Immediately, an alarm started blaring. The guys and girls could hear multiple voices outside.

“That’s it. Go loud!” Mark yelled. Jackson then charged at the door, and went straight through it, smashing it into pieces as if it were a toothpick. Splinters were flying forwards, and some went flying into some of the griffons.

“Head for the gate!” Mark yelled, firing his Rokstedi AR at a group of griffons. One of the griffons flew at Rainbow Dash, slashing his claws at her. She dodged them, and then flew around and kicked the griffon in the back, knocking him into the ground.

“Nice one!” Carlos said.

“Thanks.” RD said, blushing a little. The group ran, being covered by Jackson firing his Chinzor MG and Viktor firing his Maximus MG at large number of griffons. They passed through the gate, but under heavy fire. They were also receiving help from the distance, Nick firing his Barnett Light Rifle at the griffon soldiers, picking his targets through the rifle’s Snoop-R Scope.

“Nick, What’s your location?!” Rafael yelled into his headset

“I’m still in position. I think I’ve found the distraction you guys need.” Nick said.

“Well do it!” Mark yelled.

“You better run faster then.” Nick said. He aimed at a fuel depot, which in the groups luck, or the griffon’s stupidity, was right next to an ammo depot. Nick fired at a gas canister, and a large explosion shook the ground.

“GO GO GO!” Carlos yelled, the shockwave knocking him to his knees. He quickly got back up, and everyone was running, Rainbow dash and Fluttershy flying, at full speed. Nick stood up, and got to the group, and started running with them.

“One hell of an entrance, eh?” Carlos said to Nick.

“You can say that bug boy.” He replied. The group got into magical chariot that drove itself.

“Thank God that spell of yours lets this chariot take us here and back!” Mark said to Twilight. The group got in, and it speeded off.
<><><><><><><>

“Congratulations on your success, our soldiers will need this information very greatly. We are very grateful.” Celestia told the men and the ponies.

“Glad we could help.” Viktor said.

“Princess, while we are at your service, we ask of a something from you.” Rafael said.

“I am at you and your friends service, Rafael.” The princess said.

“The supplies for our technology and weapons are back on our home world, and we can not re-make them with the Materials here. We need the technologies to be able to produce what we need here.” Rafael said.

“Of course. I can open a portal to the Ark and can retrieve the materials needed, as you can inform me.” Celestia said.

“Thank you, fair lady.” Rafael said. The group then chose the materials and personal items of their choice so they could have what they needed to re-supply and personal items to remind them of home.
<><><><><><><><><>

“But Sir, they caught us off guard!” a griffon officer told another griffon. The one the officer was talking to had a red Generals hat, and a red uniform. On the front of the hat were five small, silver feathers that would be on a griffons wing. On the sleeves was a golden claw, a pony in it’s grip.

“We should have known they would strike. Officer, head back to the main quarters. We’ll discuss this later.” The general said, looking at a female griffon that had just walked in.

“Yes sir.” The officer said, walking past the female, and out the door.

“Dad, why do you even treat those lame brains like that?” The griffon asked.

“Because, my daughter, they are my soldiers. I want them to be the best, so while I am hard on them at times, I am fair. You of all griffons should know this.

“But you are the great General Skyblazer, Leader of the Griffons!” The griffon girl replied.

“And you are my Daughter, Gilda. I expect you to treat griffons around you as I would. But ponies have no consent of that. They think they are the greatest just because of their, “princess.”” Skyblazer replied.

“Yes sir…” Gilda said.

“Now, off to bed. I didn’t mean for you to wake up.” Skyblazer said, his voice turning into that of a caring father.

“yes sir… goodnight.” Gilda said, kissing his cheek.

“Goodnight my sweet Gilda.” Skyblazer said, kissing his daughter’s forehead. As she left, Skyblazer headed for his War room.



“I hope my Daughter does not get caught in the mist of things to come.”
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Comments ( 5 )

does the griffons have guns?, why was there a fuel depot?, why would they bring the mane six? ... i'm confused:applejackconfused:

i have no idea whats going why do they need a fuel depot? why do they need ammo? since when did the griffons get guns? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE :applejackconfused: :derpyderp1: :derpyderp2: :rainbowderp: :rainbowhuh: :twilightoops:

Sorry for all the confusion, it will be explained in the next chapter. stay tuned!

Slightly confusing but MOAR

Do more chapters

Login or register to comment