• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 855 Views, 10 Comments

On The Brink of Friendship - The Number 1 Bushwacka



It is dark times. Equestria is on the Brink of war, and Princess Celestia turns to six warriors from the floating city called "The Ark" for help. Can enemies turn into friends to help the ponies? rated T for now

  • ...
2
 10
 855

Two Shy Friends

On The Brink of Friendship

Chapter 3: Two Shy Friends


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\


While everything seemed calm at the moment, The Ponies were still on edge about the newcomers. Only a few minutes ago, they charged towards each other, weapons drawn, immediately forgetting that the ponies were between them. Now, they wondered how they would act in the town.


“I have to say, please do make a better introduction of yourself in Ponyville than you did in front of the princesses. You agreed to help us, not destroy us AND each other.” Twilight told the six men. They just mumbled some, but nodded.

“So, how long we gonna be here?” Carlos asked.

“Well, I’m not sure, but we’ll provide with the best us ponies can offer.” Rarity said.

“Yeah! And we’ll have parties and games and we’ll have sooooo much fun!” Pinkie said, bouncing around the newcomers. Viktor just sighed.

“At least we are in a new place comrades,” he said, putting one of his giant arms around Rafael, like a big brother would put his arm around his little brother. He was holding his Gerund AR in his other hand, it resting on his shoulder.

“Yeah, it is for you considering there is NO outside world back on our planet.” Mark said.

Twilight, sensing another fight about to emerge, stepped in-between the two groups. “Well, when we get to Ponyville, we’ll help you set up and do our best to help however we can,” She said. She silently breathed a sighed of relief as the two sides nodded.

“Well, you can help us with the terrain so we’ll know how we need to fight if these, “Griffins” attacked us here.” Mark said. Mark, Jackson, and Carlos were walking in single file, holding their guns in the same, militaristic position. Rarity looked at the way they marched and the way the Resistance walked. To Rarity, the way the Resistance “marched” was just, in some ways, like a bunch of teenage ponies that were nothing but trouble. Not to mention that to her, their choice of clothing was absurd.

The Ponies and humans were getting along, All except for one.

“Rafael, what’s wrong with Nick?” Twilight asked Rafael. Nick was walking behind the entire group, his hood covering his eyes in it’s shadow and his mask covering the rest of his face. Nick’s Kross SMG was on his back, being held by the strap that he put on it. He had his hands in his jacket pockets, looking down at the ground and kicking the dirt while walking slower than the others.

“Oh, Nick. Well, you see, Nick is a good hearted and smart person, but he lives in a world of pain and loneliness. Nick was very young when his parents died in the floods back on our planet. His parents, not being allowed access onto the Ark, gave him to the founders hoping he would survive. He did survive obviously, but he lived in terrible conditions. Like me and Viktor, He lived in the slums. When we were in our teenage years, Nick was slim and tall, unlike most of us, who were medium height and weight or heavy strength and weight. Nick was made fun of for how slim he was, and he would always get into fights. One of the fights is the reason he wears that mask.”

Fluttershy had walked up to Rafael and Twilight when they started talking about Nick, and while his life style seemed scary, she was interested at the same time. “Well, w-what happened?” she timidly asked.

Rafael sighed and had an immediate frown on his face. “I swore to Nick that I wouldn’t tell anyone because he feels too ashamed of it.” he said, looking towards Nick, head still down, kicking at the ground. “Anyway, Nick was very Shy and lonely, but he does have a good heart despite the fact he is a great warrior.” Rafael said.

“Hmm, he sounds like you,” Twilight whispered to Fluttershy, who blushed the tiniest bit.

“Ever since Nick joined the Resistance, Viktor and I are really the only friends he has, and he does not even talk to us that much. The only time when he talks the most is when we are in battle, and that’s only to give us the enemy’s position. Other than that, he’s dead silent. ” Rafael said. “I feel very sorry for him. I at least did have my dad and Viktor had his 2 brothers, but Nick, Nick had no one.” He said. Twilight noticed that there were some tears coming out of Rafael’s eyes.

“Rafael, I think I know a certain pony that can help him.” Twilight said with a confident smile on her face. Twilight then looked at Fluttershy, who was looking at a flock of birds flying.

“What is it Twilight? Is something wrong?” Fluttershy asked when she noticed she was looking at her.

“Nothings wrong Fluttershy. I’m just thinking, you and Nick seem alike. Maybe you should talk to him. You two could become good friends,” Twilight said.

Fluttershy had a scared look on her face. “B-but he looks s-scary Twilight. He may not like me.” She responded

“Fluttershy, do you remember when Zecora came?” Twilight asked her. Fluttershy nodded.

“Yeah, she turned out to be pretty friendly and… ohh….” Fluttershy said, understanding what Twilight was getting to.

“Don’t judge a book by its cover. If what Rafael said about Nick is true, you two are almost exactly the same.” Twilight said, walking off to talk with some of the others.

Fluttershy looked at Nick and figured she would give it a shot. She worked up her bravery to walk up to him and with all her might, she gave out a small “Hello”.

Nick turned around quickly. “Oh, y-you startled me.”

Fluttershy looked just as nervous as Nick did. “S-so, how do you like it here?” she asked him.

“Well, it’s alright, better than the ark anyway.” Nick said.

“Oh my, I have to agree. I was a nervous wreck during that fight.” Fluttershy said.

Nick chuckled a little. “I’m surprised I’m not a nervous wreck every time I go into battle.” he said.

“Well, you seem very brave to me,” Fluttershy said.

“Thanks, but I’m only doing my job out there.” Nick said, too modest to take any glory for himself.

Fluttershy and Nick talked some more telling each other jokes and enjoying themselves. Nick took off his hood, which revealed his brown eyes and his Dark Brown hair, which was short and spiky. Rafael seemed surprise when Nick took his hood off while talking and laughing with Fluttershy.

“I have to admit Twilight, your friend is making very good progress fast. I have never seen Nick without a hood over his head.” Rafael said.

“That’s Fluttershy for you. She can bring the nice pony-person out of anything.” Twilight said with a Smile as she watched the two talk and enjoy themselves. At the Moment, Twilight couldn’t think as how someone that was so nice and kind like Nick could be a dangerous killer in battle. Oh how War can bring the worst out of people.