• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 1,520 Views, 11 Comments

How to Live as a Cyborg Pony - Ame Shine



Some ponies have the life... Other ponies have to work it.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,520

Chapter 7: Hooves and Hearts Part 1

I looked up from my bedroom window to see the Crusaders out and about, saying something about the day. They ran trough my yard to get to school as a short cut when they're running late - which is often. It's been about a month since I've lived in Ponyville and some of my house is fixed up. Some of the flooring still needs to be replaced, some of the roof is tended to - there was a major leak in my bedroom - but the outside appearance is nicer. It's no longer gray, but a nice sky blue with the tower a slightly purple color. The purple reminded me of when my hide was that color as well. A little color as returned though since I've been here, I'm no longer pure white.

I never imagined what it would be like if I ever stayed at the castle. Princess Luna watches me every night while I sleep. Sometimes she comes into my dreams and we hold conversations. Princess Celestia was happy I was safe and close to her student, but a little mad that I stuck out on my own.

"I needed my space," I told Luna, "I needed fresh air that didn't smell like I had to schedule time to go outside for it. Not that I had to, but it felt like I was just a lingering presence that couldn't her way."

I had learned more words in a month and understood more then I had at the castle. They sent my things here including my experiment. I hid that in the room of random things. I had made a sign of it.

So far I've found a cat toy, an old tennis ball, 3 jewel necklaces that looked pretty old, old shoes and some rare fabric that I gave to Rarity which almost made her faint. What ever she found when she dove in there made her happy as well. But I told her to keep the fabric in exchange for curtains and an apron. She gladly accepted and even made me a hanger for all of my tools. I had almost hugged her, but I kept my manners and smiled and tried not to break the cobblestone under my steel hooves.

I had to do maintenance on my hooves several times. A couple times myself, but then I had to as a unicorn to help me out. Some things just aren't fixed with mane bands and clips. One of my back hooves need to be completely replaced, but I didn't want to go back quite yet.

Life as a cyborg pony was great here. I still helped other ponies fix things like their lights or ovens. If it was high up, I didn't have much of a problem, but I used a ladder mostly.

"It's hearts and hooves day!" I heard coming back from my mental list of things to do today, "What should we do this year?"

"Not try and use any spells against Cherrolie!" Shouted Scootaloo, "I'd rather not get in trouble again like last year."

"Morning!" I opened my window and smiled at the three trouble makers. "How are you three?"

"Oh, hi Ame Shine!" Apple bloom smiled back at me, throwing her puffy mane back like she always did when she greeted.

The other two repeated the greeting but with Sweetie Bell throwing her head back even more.

"What are you three up to today?" I asked, "Not causing trouble now are you? I heard about last year."

The three looked at each other thoughtfully and giggled. "Do you have a special some pony, Ame?" Apple Bloom asked.

I thought for a minute. I never thought of having another pony like that. I don't think they'd handle me very well. I smiled and shook my head. "No, but don't you be looking out for me, or I'll have to talk to your families!"

"Well," Apple Bloom smiled and the other two ran off without her, "Have a good Hearts n Hooves!"

"You too!" I smiled after them as they ran to school.

Hum, a special some pony... I don't think anypony has thought about me more than another pony with metal hooves. I stared down and saw how rusty they look. Maybe I should put 'cleaning hooves' on my list. I have some shopping to do anyways, I'm low on food. I put on my pack and head for the door as I look at the shop area. It'll take a bit of time, but I'm pretty sure it'll get clean one of these days.

I felt a little bad for calling the girls on that, I mean it happened last year. I walked out my door and winced a little from how noisy my hooves were against the cobblestone. It wasn't easy for other ponies to get used to, and I was the butt of a lot of jokes until Twilight stood up for me. It was painful to go outside when I first got here, but now I come outside everyday.

Grabbing my bags I was checking over my list of everything I need to finish my house and realized I needed paper too. Grabbing a small bag of bits - the allowable amount I let myself spend - I walk out the door into the sun. I hummed as I walked to the market seeing the specials for the holiday. There were booths for small favors as well, a few kissing booths and some were with hugs or photos with somepony high up. The comment from earlier made me look at everypony's faces, seeing who was attractive or who noticed me. A few ponies waved their hellos and I waved back, starting to get disappointed that I didn't interest a stallion.

Get what you came to get, nothing more. I thought to myself sadly. I stopped looking at everypony and went to the stands. Most of them were discounted and some of them I did small favors for. Maybe I should go to Fluttershy's if I'm so lonely. That made me feel better. But my home wasn't ready for a pet that wasn't hardy. I sighed and then giggled at myself.

"Uh, miss?" I heard a voice next to me, "You forgot this."

The voice startled me and when I looked at the pony who spoke, I danced around my hooves and fell over. The stallion was a little larger then most, his voice not as deep though. He was caramel colored with a blondish mane and tail. He lowered his face so his muzzle was in my face. I felt really embarrassed and couldn't think of anything to say. I looked at the stack of paper in his mouth and sighed. I drop things so often, but not many people help.

"Uh... Thank you." I grabbed the paper from him and kind of let my eyes wander a bit. I wasn't all cyborg... Just my legs and hooves. Stashing the paper in my bag and turning back to him, I saw him looking around nervously.

"Er..." The colt looked more nervous than I was. "Do you need any help with anything..? I wouldn't mind carrying your bag for you. It has to be mighty heavy on your wings."

"You could help me with one thing to start..." I looked down, feeling my face heat up, "what's your name?"

Author's Note:

Since it's been so long since I last submitted anything, I'm going to make this a two part piece. That and it's starting to get extremely long. This will also allow me to go over what I've done two years ago and figure out a name unless people want to give out ideas!

Comments ( 1 )

"What are you three up to today?" I asked, "Not causing trouble now are you? I heard about last year."

Are they breathing? If the answer is yes then they are ether causing trouble, running from the trouble they caused, or planning something that will cause trouble.

Login or register to comment