• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 1,520 Views, 11 Comments

How to Live as a Cyborg Pony - Ame Shine



Some ponies have the life... Other ponies have to work it.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,520

Chapter 4: Hooves of Feathers

As each day passed, my headache got worse. I went outside everyday around noon, nap and then get woken up by one of the maids for dinner. Sometimes one of the princesses would come and sit next to me and wake me up when it's ready, mostly Princess Cadence. Even though Princess Celestia is an awesome mare, I liked Princess Cadence more. She was a lot more gentle then most ponies and seemed to know that I didn't know much of the outside world beyond the safety of the walls of Equestria.

But I was planning to change that. I wanted to go to Ponyville. After the Dark Day, the return on Princess Luna, I've listened to the letters that Princess Celestia reads to her recovering sister.

I've talked to Princess Luna twice; Once when she first came her when Princess Celestia brought her to the castle and then I had a long conversation with her. She just seemed so lonely and it reminded me of when my mother died. I stayed in my room for a long time, never talking to anyone when they came to give me food, never doing anything but live heavily. When ever I think of my mother though, it made my heart ache, so I avoided talking about my family when she asked about them. I would say short, quick answers.

Though when she talked, she was so quiet that I had to ask her to repeat herself. When Princess Luna fell asleep, I stayed for a little while just to watch if she was okay, and then left as quietly as I could.

I tried today to take though, but I couldn't. I kept thinking about the letters and what Ponyville was like. Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia's star pupil said something about a pony named Derpy who accidentally wrecked a building to commemorate a friend going to an earth pony competition. If a pony like her was accepted as a Ponyville citizen, then I should be too! And I'd be a lot more useful there then I am here. All I do is read books about things related to my talent.

Standing up, I realize I have to leave here soon or these headaches won't go away and I can be useful and stop dwelling on the past. I'm not sure if I'll be missed, looking back at a large window with six ponies capturing Nightmare Moon. I'll do something as awesome like that. And remembering when Discord was let out of his prison what kind of chaos it caused. Luckily I was in my room that day without a headache.

The life of a cyborg pony kind of sucks, but maybe when I get to Ponyville things will change... Hopefully.

Author's Note:

Sorry about it being so short. I couldn't think so much of it should go for this one. Next one will be better I promise!