• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 1,520 Views, 11 Comments

How to Live as a Cyborg Pony - Ame Shine



Some ponies have the life... Other ponies have to work it.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,520

Chapter 6: Hooves of Bronze

"Never in Equestria has this happened before!" The Mayor of Ponyville exclaimed as I told her my long story of my life. "The Princess has been very generous to you, why did you leave the castle grounds?"

I looked away, knowing that somepony would see it that way. It didn't seem very generous for a princess to keep one in a castle for so long and tell them nothing about the outside world. I had to get it from the other two princesses who resided there. Outside ponies were dancing and laughing, some were even talking while they were working. That's what I wanted.

"I don't think it was very generous." I said simply without giving an explanation. How can I explain it to a mayor?

She stared at me and then sighed. "You might have your reasons for saying that, but don't go around saying that to anypony, alright? I've been wondering, how did she know your parents?"

I looked down, trying to go through the muddled thoughts of my life. I frowned as I went past the nights and days of the numbness.

The Mayor shook her head and bowed it. When she got up, she nudged me a little and told me to follow her. "I'll show you to your new home. We have never had a use for it like the library, but I guess in your situation it could come of use to you. And you don't even have to depend on flying, Ame."

I smiled just enough to show I understood. She nodded back at me as I followed as quietly as I could. I listened to the gears in my hooves and tried to make as little noise as possible. The cobblestone underneath made the announcement that I was here. Stares and whispers from everypony from around us, a vibrant pink pony with the fluffy mane from earlier stared widely. I hung my head even more, it's bad enough ponies will ask about my condition.

The gray maned pony stopped in front of an old looking, gray house. It was square and some of it rotting away or chipping off. It had a tower at the side like one at the Castle, but it wasn't as proud or large.

"It's not in a very good condition, but if you'd like, I can have some ponies to repair the damaged areas or remodel it for you-"

"No," I stopped her, "I like it, almost feels like home already!" I said weakly. It was true that I liked it, but this would give me a project and it fit me. Something broken but not beyond repair. It could use some paint and some new wood and a little loving and care, but I have nothing else to do...

"You sure?"

"Yes, thank you." I said, habitually rubbing my forehead. The knot was gone for the most part, a little remained.

We said our good-byes and she left with a wave. After I settle in and get it fixed up enough I could possibly find work or do something... Opening up the door and turning on the light I found it hollow inside with tools, wires, wood that almost looked new in boxes and paper. The main part of my new home looked like a wood shop of some kind, or a small factory. Some of the lights were broken, but those can be replaced, cleaning it out won't be so hard since it was mostly dusting and sweeping.

Something that felt bright and colorful filled my throat. I wasn't used to the feeling and thought maybe I was sick. I wouldn't be able to tell if I had a fever, but I guess it felt nice. I walked across making a mental list of what needed fixing and went to the back of the house to find a kitchen, a small living room and a room full of odds and ends. I put it in my mind I'd have to sort through this junk when I get done with the rest of the house.

As for the tower, it was a spiraling staircase with the bedroom on the top of it over looking the front, a side and back yard. I was excited for this, I placed one of the emotions that I was feeling. How long has it been other than to escape the nearly-empty castle that I felt excited? Maybe when I was a foal racing to my mom once. I lay on the pile of hay which was fresh. I thanked who ever changed it and fell on to it. I looked at the moon for the longest time. It wasn't full, but I could still see Princess Luna on it. Mentally I told her I needed this, I needed to search for Ame Shine. The head of the princess nodded and kept watch.

Maybe I passed out without knowing it or dreaming, but I thought I heard her say, "Stay safe, young one.".

Author's Note:

Sorry again it took me forever to upload this one and even finish it. I may or may not be starting a new one and it will involve shipping between the two in Equestria Girls. Anyone whose seen it knows who I'm talking about! (Spoilers!)

Thank you for reading this and keeping it! I'm promising you now to update more often.