• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 16,950 Views, 893 Comments

Running from Twilight - Brony-Sibling



Twilight is best pony. It's just... she can be really scary when she's convinced that your kidnapping will be the salvation of Equestria.

  • ...
91
 893
 16,950

And they're off!

In that second of Twilight’s arrival, time seemed like it stopped. You could see Applejack’s pupils slowly dilate in shock, and Roseluck’s jaw begin to drop. You instinctively begin to lunge forward, but [RED ALE-] *ZAP* your muscles suddenly freeze, and you collapse to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Very tazed potatoes.

“Twi-liaht! What in tarnation are yew-” *ZAP ZAP ZAP*

From your position on the ground you see the other mares are frozen in midair, suspended with Twilight’s magic.

You strain your eyes and can barely make out Twilight’s face, as she smiles a biiiit too wide, and with her ear flicking says, “Hiiii GIRLS!!” Twilight levitates you so you’re facing her upside down, and your eyes go wide as you catch a full view of the very… frazzled mare’s face.

“Did you knoooow how long it’s taken to find you?” You open your mouth to answer, but she abruptly cuts you off. “ONE THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED, AND THIRTEEN JUMPS.” Twilight starts frantically pacing in front of you. “THAT’s how many jumps it took to find you. MANYOFWHICHWEREAWKWARD.” You open your mouth to take a breath, but are abruptly cut off again. “Do you KNOW how many stallions take showers out of one thousand, two hundred and thirteen? FARTOOMANY!”

Roseluck opens her mouth, and Twilight *snaps* it shut. “NOIDIDNOTENJOYIT!”

Twilight turns back to you, and fixes you with her dilated pupils and bloodshot eyes. “So I’m never going to leave you again! EVER. Because I’m NOT going through that again!”

Applejack yells while still caught in Twilight’s magic, “TWI-LIAHT! What are yew doing? Are you foal-napping males now? Is THIS what mah friend does now?”

Twilight unsettlingly giggles at Applejack. “And you’re any better? This isn’t the first time you tried to save a stallion, and have him ‘try the Apple family goods’...”

Applejack gasps in shock. “Twilight! Ah… You- Ah’d never dream of it” She says, scrunching up her face.

Twilight then glances at Roseluck. “And you… don’t worry! You won’t remember a thing! Mares, can you help me out a bit?”

You spot two mares who you just didn’t see for some reason walk up from behind Twilight dressed in impeccable black suits, and wearing some of the coolest shades you’ve ever seen. They silently walk up to Roseluck, and right as she starts to protest you think you see a camera flash, and suddenly Roseluck walks off quietly with the mares, looking a bit dazed..

Twilight then turns back to face you. “So ‘America’… You’ve caused me quite a few problems, so that’s why I decided that I’m going to keep you!”

You nervously start sweating.

“Because, what in life worth having ever came easy? And trust me, tracking you down was HARD! But now I’ve got you!” [RED ALERT] She suddenly fires several rapid fire spells into you. “Annnnnnddd.. Done! Now you’ve got several proximity and tracking spells! Your odds of escaping are aproximatly three thousand, seven hundred and twenty to one!.”

You glare at Twlight and weakly point a finger at her. “Never tell me the odds.”

Rainbow Dash decides to stop struggling against Twilight’s magic, and participate! “Hey, Twilight! Let him go! This isn’t sportsmarelike!”

Twilight’s eyes sparkle. “Oh course!!! SPORT!

Suddenly the magic disappears, and you fall flat on your head. *WACK* “OWWW!”

“Opps! Sorry ‘Merica!” Twilight giggles out. “Anyways… That’s a perfect idea! ‘Merica. I’ll let you go IF… You can escape the three of us!”

Your eyes open in shock as you grimace on the ground. “Wait.. What?”

Twilight grins even bigger and starts pacing around your prone form. “It’s SO simple! It’s even traditional! In ancient times if multiple mares claimed a stallion and their claims clashed, it was solved with a simple race! If the stallion is caught by a mare within five minutes, then he’s that mare’s stallion! But if he got away from all the mares, he would be allowed his freedom!”

You see a tiny glint of hope, after all they call you “America” here. You’ve got to try for freedom. Because Freedom is the only way!

“Deal.” You confidently say. Then you spot your mistake.

Rainbow confidently flaps her wings and winks at you. Applejack sinks her hooves into the earth and assumes a running position. Twilight simply charges a spell while humming to herself.

“Now… WAIT A SECOND!” You blurt out, gesturing for the mares to wait. “How is this fair? I don’t have earth pony strength, pegasus flight, or a unicorns magic! How is this fair?” You yell desperately. The three mares look at eachother, and you suddenly can almost see a light-bulb appear over Twilight’s head.

“AH-HA! A nullify spell! That’ll work!” Twilight charges her horn up while explaining. “Merica, when I cast this spell, for 5 minutes all pony magic, and our natural abilities… will be nullified for five minutes. When we get our powers back, then the contest is over!”

You get to your feet, “Well I suppose that would be-”

Twilight charges up her horn, and with a deafining blast unleashes her spell! [RED ALERT] As you recover you hear a guitar unexpectedly start playing in the background. All three mares simultaneously LUNGE at you. You lunge backward and take off running, dodging between the Apple Family trees. Glancing behind you, you spot Rainbow sprinting behind you and gaining on you, with Twilight jogging calmly behind her.

Wait. Where’s Applejack?

*Woaow, woaow WHOAOW*

Suddenly your feet are YANKED out from under you, and as you bash your head against a tree root you realize that Applejack’s lasso'd your feet! You grab onto the nearby tree trunk, but the other mares are almost on top of you!

In an adrenaline fueled burst of energy you LAUNCH yourself at a low hanging branch… and catch it!

You pull yourself into the tree, and looking down see Rainbow and Twilight run up to the base of your tree, and spot Applejack CLIMBING THE ROPE ATTACHED TO YOUR LEG.

You’ve got nothing to cut the rope with, and Applejack is getting REALLY close to your leg but you’v-

OF COURSE!

“Hey AJ!” You shout. “So what are you gonna do when you catch me!?”

“Oh ah-m gonna… Horseapples.” Applejack opened her mouth to answer you… and letting go of the rope plummets to the base of the tree, narrowly missing the climbing Rainbow Dash.

RAINBOW DASH. CRAP.

You quickly remove the rope from your legs, and Rainbow’s outstretched hoof barely misses you as you FLING yourself into the closet safe spot, the Apple Family barn’s roof.

You grab onto the rain gutter and slide down to the ground, but Applejack rounds the corner of the barn at full speed, and you FLING yourself upward and scramble onto the roof. You run to the other side of the roof, and see Rainbow climbing onto the roof from a nearby tree branch. Backpedaling you turn around and SPRINT for the loft doors, and just as you open them…

“Tag. You’re it!” Twilight Sparkle grins playfully as she tuggs on the front of your shirt. Panting for air, you collapse to the ground, and give up. Applejack runs around the corner, and skids to a stop. “Ah’ll- … Oh. Yew got him already…”

Rainbow Dash grunts as she pulls herself up the side of the barn, and groans, flopping down on the top of the roof in discouragement. “Awwww… Come-on…”.

You raggedly pant, trying to catch your breath as you look at Twilight. “So- *gasp* now- *cough* what?”

Twilight smiles at you. “First… I’ll prove to you that you’ll actually love it here! So… how do you feel about a trip to Canterlot?”

(END CHAPTER)

Author's Note:

Alright! Here's my next chapter! I hope you like it! (Literally. Like this story. lol)

So, what do you think will happen in Canterlot? Let me know in the comments below!