• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 870 Views, 22 Comments

A Grand Adventure - QuillStroke



A tale of 2 high school friends being pulled into the world of Equestria, but not all is right.

  • ...
5
 22
 870

Meeting Everypony

The trio continued to walk towards the library. The whole way there, Twilight was asking several questions about the human world. Jimmy and George had no problem answering any question they were able to answer. Most of her questions were about how nature worked in their world. How did Winter Wrap Up happen without Pegasi to get the birds or clear the sky? How did the sun and moon raise themselves without Celestia or Luna? It was hard explaining to a unicorn, a creature based around magic, what the laws of nature in the human world was, even though Twilight was very much into science herself. Finally, they arrived at the library.

"Well, your world doesn't seem to make much sense if you ask me." Twilight said, opening the door and walking inside, Jimmy and George following her. By now it was the middle of the afternoon. The three of them decided to just spend the rest of the day in the library, Twilight doing some studies while Jimmy and George planned out what they would do. They were still thinking about how they got to Equestria, and how they would get back.

"Maybe some unicorn used magic and somehow opened a portal to our world." George said.

"But who would do that? How would they even be able to? Besides, why would they want to? And how could they open a portal, pull us in, and not wake us up?" Jimmy asked.

"Maybe they used some sort of sleeping spell." Twilight replied.

"But then why did we wake up in a field? Why not in their house?" George asked back. Twilight had been looking at spells in several books, some of which she had never looked into before, trying to find a spell that could open a portal to another world and pull things through it. The trio had tried all day to think of a way it could have happened. Finally, George had an idea.

"Maybe the Darkness just brought us here?" George asked.

"How? And why would it? If it wanted to be in our world, why would it come back? And why would it bring us?" Jimmy asked. Every answer seemed to only bring in more questions, many of which couldn't be answered.

"Maybe because we're so in touch with this world because we know it so well." George said.

"Yes but why only us? Why two of us? And if it wanted us so badly, why wasn't it anywhere in sight when we woke up?" Jimmy asked, almost immediately remembering something. George seemed to remember it at the same time.

"That weird feeling from the forest!" They both yelled in unison. Twilight looked up from her books wondering what they were talking about. Surely they didn't travel into the Everfree Forest. But then where did they find Zeocra?

"Do you think it could have been hiding in the forest? I mean, why didn't it just come and take us when we woke up? Actually, why didn't we wake up in the forest then?" George asked.

"Remember the manticore?" Jimmy asked,

"Do I remember the thing that almost killed us? The thing that chased us to Zecora's house. That whole thing that happened yesterday? No Jim, clearly I don't remember it." George said sarcastically with a smile on his face.

"Right, anyway, what if that was the Darkness? Or what if it took it over?" Jimmy asked.

"Maybe, but why bring us here in the first place?" George asked.

"Maybe we should just give up on this until we meet Celestia. I'm sure she'd know how this all happen-" Jimmy was cut off by a rapid knocking on the door. Twilight went to open the door since it was her library and nobody needed to know there were humans staying there. When Twilight opened the door, Pinkie Pie ran inside, looking immediately at George and Jimmy.

"Oh God!" George yelled as he quickly jumped off of the couch and ran towards the kitchen.

"WAIT! COME BACK!" Pinkie yelled running past Jimmy and after George into the kitchen. The sounds of George yelling and pots and pans crashing against each other finally caused Twilight and Jimmy to run in to look. George was trying to run around a table to get away from Pinkie who was following him.

"No! You're not jumping on me again!" George yelled.

"Where did you get that shirt? I wish I had a shirt with my face on it! Where did you get it!?" Pinkie said going from sounding happy to serious in a flash.

"A store back in my world. They don't have any here." George said, finally running back behind Twilight.

"Pinkie! What are you doing!?" Twilight asked, a little mad that her kitchen was now a complete mess.

"Well, I want to throw them a party, but I need to know anything about them that I can find out. And I guess Fluttershy would know more about them since she knows a lot about animals. But I noticed before that my face is on his shirt." Pinkie Pie said, pointing to George.

"Well, I guess Fluttershy would know more than we would. She knew about Spike being a baby dragon and seemed to know a lot about dragons before we even became friends." Twilight said.

"Come on, George. You wanted to hug Fluttershy anyway, right?" Jimmy asked George with a smile on his face.

"I guess, but don't jump on me this time, Pinkie!" George said, looking at her.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" Pinkie said, making the gestures with her hooves before finally poking her own eye.

"OK, ready whenever you are." Jimmy said. Pinkie walked outside, Twilight followed her. Jimmy stayed back for a moment.

"It's pretty warm out. Maybe we should leave our jackets here." Jimmy said, taking off his black jacket and putting it on a nearby couch. George copied him, placing his own jacket on next to it. The two then walked outside and followed Pinkie and Twilight. They walked until they came to a cottage outside of Ponyville, which they immediately all knew was Fluttershy's house. Pinkie Pie walked up to the door and knocked on it. The door was divided by a horizontal line in the middle of it, allowing you to open the top or bottom alone. The top part opened and a yellow Pegasus with long, pink hair answered the door.

"Oh. Hello Pinkie Pie. What are you doing here?" She asked in a soft tone with a light smile on her face.

"I want to throw a party for some new friends. But I have to know what exactly they eat first. And since you're the animal expert here, I figured you would know." Pinkie Pie said.

"Oh, well, what exactly are they?" Flutttershy asked with a confused look on her face.

"I don't know exactly. I've never seen them before, or anything like them." Pinkie Pie said.

"Well, bring them in and let's find out." Fluttershy said, smiling and opening the door to let her in. Twilight followed Pinkie Pie inside.

"Hi Fluttershy. You don't mind me being here either, do you? I want to study what humans eat and record it for the books." Twilight said.

"Oh not at all. Go right ahead. Pinkie Pie, where are they?" Fluttershy asked. Right as she did, Jimmy and George both walked in. Fluttershy, startled by two creatures slightly taller than her, jumped up and landed on top of a hanging ceiling lamp. Shaking, she stuck her head out to get a better look.

"Oh dear, what are those?" Fluttershy asked in a squeaky tone.

"We're humans. We're kinda from another world." George replied to her.

"Oh. I see. Well, I'm..Fluttershy." She said, staying up on her lamp.

"Come on down, Fluttershy. They don't hurt you. They're friendly." Twilight said.

"Yeah, and one of them is fun to bounce on!" Pinkie Pie yelled, bouncing on the floor, trying to get Fluttershy to come down.

"Oh, OK. If you say so." She said as she came down and took a closer look at Jimmy, then George.

"So you've never seen or heard about humans?" Twilight asked.

"No. I'm sorry, but I haven't." Fluttershy replied, seeming to calm down now.

"Well, I guess we have a mystery on our hands." Pinkie said, turning towards George and Jimmy. "What do you guys eat? I want to know so I can have it at my party." Pinkie Pie asked them.

"Well, so far we've had fruit and berries. Pretty much it." Jimmy replied to her.

"We don't really eat grass and flowers, but we do eat bread." George added.

"Well how about candy? And chocolate and ice cream and punch?" Pinkie asked.

"Yep." George replied.

"Okie doki then, that's all I need to know. I'm gonna go set up the party, I'll find you guys when it's done." Pinkie said, jumping up and quickly dashing out the door.

"I guess she breaks the laws of physics in this world too." Jimmy said to George who chuckled at the realization.

"FLUTTERSHY! WHERE ARE YOU!?" A voice called out. All four of them stuck their heads out the window to see who it was. They all saw a blue Pegasus with a rainbow colored mane fly towards the house, looking around for Fluttershy, Finally, she seemed to spot her looking through a window and dashed down and landed in front of the door. She casually opened the door and let herself in.

"Oh, hello Rainbow Dash. Can I help you with something?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uh, Yeah. You were supposed to help me practice some stunts on clouds so I can show the WonderBolts! And you're the only Pegasus around here willing to help." Rainbow Dash said, seeming to not notice Twilight or the two humans a few feet from her.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Sorry." Fluttershy said. "I was just helping Pinkie Pie and Twilight with their two friends over here." Fluttershy said, pointing a hoof at Jimmy and George.

"Who are they? What are they? Wait, is that a picture of...me on his shirt?" Rainbow Dash asked, spotting her picture on Jimmy's shirt.

"It doesn't look much like you. It's just a black shape." Fluttershy said.

"But it's my shape, with my cutie mark." Rainbow said, pointing to the cutie mark. "And what's a...Brony?" She asked, reading the word on the shirt.

"Well, it's a shirt made for fans of-" Jimmy was cut off by Rainbow Dash grabbing him and flying up.

"I knew it! I have fans! Even if they aren't ponies! I bet you're from some big fan club of mine. I am famous across Equestria after all. Not only am I the fastest flier ever, but I performed the legendary Sonic Rainboom! Oh, and I'm also one of the ponies that stopped Nightmare Moon, turned Discord into stone, and saved the Crystal Empire." Dash boasted about herself in front of them. Not realizing everyone in the room was already well aware of all this.

"Well, that's nice and all but uh...could you put me down now?" Jimmy asked.

"No way! I need to bring you to Rarity so she can make more of these shirts for everyone in Ponyville! No, everyone in Equestria!" She said, flying out the door and carrying Jimmy with her.

"Wait! Hey! Stop! Help!" Jimmy yelled as he was carried away by Rainbow Dash. George and Twilight looked out the window, trying to find them, but they were going too fast. Luckily, they knew she was heading to Rarity's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Rarity!" Rainbow Dash yelled for Rarity while she was outside of her house, still holding Jimmy. "Rarity! I need you to make me some shirts for all my fans!" Dash yelled to the boutique. After a few moments, a white unicorn with long purple hair ending in a curl came to the door to see what all the commotion was.

"Rainbow Dash, what are you doing? And...what is that thing you're holding?" Rarity asked.

"Not sure, all I know is that it has a shirt with a picture of me one it. So of course I knew right away he was a fan of me. I am pretty famous after all." Rainbow Dash said, finally dropping Jimmy onto the ground.

"Ouch! If you wanted to know so bad you could have just asked!" Jimmy yelled at her.

"OK then, tell me." Dash replied.

"I'm a human, I'm from another world. You're famous in my world but not for being fast, you're on a television show." Jimmy told her,

"A television? What's that?" Rainbow asked.

"It's something in my world. It let's you show things by...ah it's a long complicated process, you wouldn't get it." Jimmy said.

"Well, it sounds very exotic. Where exactly are you from again, darling?" Rarity asked, seeming interested in hearing about a foreign land she's never heard of before.

"I'm from a world called Earth. It's a whole different dimension. Me and my friend, George, somehow ended up here and we're going to Canterlot to see Celestia and ask her how we could get back." Jimmy replied.

"I see. Well, while you're staying here, could you tell me more about this er, Earth? Do they have fashion there? What kind of fabrics do they use?" Rarity questioned him.

"Uh...well they have several different kinds of fabrics. Some more comfortable than others. And we have plenty of fashion celebrities there. Although some fashion gets weird, but it never becomes famous." Jimmy replied.

"Riiiight. Anyway, can you make some shirts like this one for all those people in my fan club?" Rainbow Dash asked Rarity, doing some areal tricks while talking.

"I suppose I could, that is if you don't mind, er, what was your name again? I don't believe you ever said it. My name is Rarity." Rarity said, bowing her head down.

"My name is Jimmy. And I would love to help you, but I have to go find George and Twi-" Rainbow Dash cut him off by picking him up and flying into the Carousel Boutique.

"Of course he wouldn't. What fan wouldn't want one of their own designs to be the signature design for my fan club?" She said, flying him into the back room where Rarity designed her dresses.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello? Anypony here?" Twilight asked, opening the door to Carousel Boutique and letting herself and George in. They both walked into the back room, where there was some commotion going on through the closed door. They opened the door and peaked inside. Inside, Jimmy was wrestling with Rainbow Dash, who was trying to get him to stay still so Rarity could look at the design and copy it down.

"What is going on in here?" Twilight asked, opening the door and coming in.

"Oh, Twilight! Rainbow Dash brought him here and pulled him into the back room and didn't even give him a chance to properly answer my question or even have some tea! Can you believe that? And now she's trying to get his shirt for the design. I mean, look at the mess she is making!" Rarity replied to her, using her magic to pull a couch from the other room and fall back onto it.

"Just give it to me! I want to make a bunch of them!" Dash said, trying to wrestle Jimmy to the ground.

"No! I'm not giving you my shirt! Get off of me! George! Help!" Jimmy yelled, noticing George and Twilight standing there. Twilight used her magic to separate them and put Dash across the room.

"Come on! I just need Rarity to copy it! Please!?" Rainbow began to beg.

"Look, once all this is done, just ask and I'll let her copy it. But right now we're busy and I'm not exactly in the mood to be kidnapped by you and brought here." Jimmy said to her, catching his breath.

"Why? What's so important?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, if you want to know so badly, we're going to Canterlot to get Celestia before some evil force gets us. And if it does it could possibly cause King Sombra, Discord, and Nightmare Moon to all reappear at the same time!" Jimmy said to her. Rainbow Dash froze and just stared at him. Rarity put her head up too, hearing those names again brought back the memories of terror.

"Wait. How could they be back? We destroyed Sombra, and reformed Discord, and Nightmare Moon is gone, she's back to being Princess Luna. What are you talking about?" Dash asked, a tone of anger and fear in her voice.

"It's a long story, and I'm sure once this is all over Twilight can tell you everything. Or Princess Celestia can tell all of you. But for now, we're getting ready to go to Canterlot. We're taking the train tomorrow." Jimmy told her. She seemed like she was about to ask another question, but she was cut off by a voice.

"Uh, 'xcuse me, y'all, but what's going on in here?" An orange Earth Pony asked. She had a light brown hat on to cover her long blonde hair tied back into a ponytail. She walked inside the room.

"Oh, hey Applejack. We just came here to uh...get this person that...Rainbow Dash kinda kidnapped?" Twilight said, not sure how to quickly explain the situation.

"Uh, right. Anyway, I just came by to get Applebloom. She should be here playing with Scootaloo and Sweetie belle." Applejack replied, still staring at the scene before her.

"Oh yes, of course. Sweetie belle said they were going to their clubhouse to try some kind of stunt to get their cutie marks. Knowing them it's probably something involving a stunt that won't work." Rarity said, sitting up.

"Alrighty then, thanks Rarity. So uh, what exactly is going on here again?" Applejack asked.

"These two humans came from another world and I'm bringing them to Princess Celestia tomorrow. They're going to be staying with me until tomorrow afternoon when the train will be running again." Twilight replied.

"Oh, so how are you two enjoying Ponyville so far?" Applejack asked, excepting something negative after seeing what just happened.

"Not that bad, aside from being kidnapped, jumped on, and wrestled. But it's been OK so far." Jimmy said. Surprising George and Twilight, who expected him to say something worse.

"Uh, yeah, it's pretty nice around here." George added.

"Well that's good to hear. Did Pinkie Pie throw you a party yet? She usually does that with new people." Applejack asked, a smile forming on her face.

"Not yet, she said she's going to set it up." Jimmy replied.

"Oh, well if y'all are going to be staying here until tomorrow afternoon, you should stop by for the Apple family reunion tomorrow. You could stop by and have a bite to eat before you leave." Applejack offered.

"Sure, I guess we could." George replied.

"We could, we just might leave a little earlier than everyone else so we can leave." Jimmy said.

"Well, that won't be a problem at all. I better go find Applebloom now, she has to help me set everything up. This year, everypony is coming to the reunion, and it's gonna be big." Applejack said, walking out of the boutique.

"Well, I guess we should go back to the library now." Twilight replied. Rarity just sat there trying to clean up the room. Rainbow Dash was still standing there in the corner. She was still thinking about what she heard before, about Nightmare Moon and the other villains coming back.

"Rainbow Dash, are you quite alright, dear?" Rarity asked her, giving a concerning look. Everyone was looking at her, which seemed to snap her out of her trance. "I gotta go." She said before flying out through the door and flying off into the distance.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Rarity. Sorry about the mess." Jimmy said, trying to apologize for the mess.

"Oh, well it's not all your fault. Rainbow Dash was being a bit rash back there, but I can clean this up. Actually...this is giving me an idea for a new design!" Rarity replied, starting to draw a new set of dresses. Jimmy and George decided it was a good time to leave, they followed Twilight outside and began walking back to the library.

"So George, did you get to hug Fluttershy?" Jimmy asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, after you guys flew away we were going to chase after you, but I had to hug Fluttershy first." George said, a smile forming on his face.

"So how was it?" Jimmy asked, starting to laugh.

"It was amazing! It's like cuddling with a fluffy pillow." George said.

"Well, sounds like fun." Jimmy and George began to laugh as they saw the library in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, I'm off to bed now. Goodnight you guys." Twilight said as she walked up the stairs to her room. Jimmy and George were lying on opposite sides of the couch in the main room of the library. They shared a large blanket, and as usually, they couldn't sleep right away.

"Hey, Jim." George said.

"Yeah?" Jimmy replied.

"Where do you think the humans before us are from?" George asked.

"Well, judging on the fact that they used swords, were familiar with magic, and there's some mythology of unicorns and flying horses back then, I'd assume they were from Europe. Ancient Europe." Jimmy replied.

"Yeah, but when are they from? I mean, I think we'd notice a story similar to Nightmare Moon or Discord in our world. And I mean, we would definitely a story about a big black travelling puff of smoke. News of that would have spread like-" He was cut off by Jimmy.

"A plague? Like the Bubonic Plague?" Jimmy said.

"So, we were both thinking the whole Black Death thing?" George asked.

"Guess so. Makes sense when you think about it. It appeared out of nowhere and disappeared. Wait, it's not gone!" Jimmy sat up, realizing something. "It still exists, it's just weaker now!" "It brought us here to make itself stronger and then come back with us and start the disease again!" Jimmy said, he and George making another dark realization. The night was quiet as they both sat there, eyes wide. Staring at each other, realizing what was at stake now.

Author's Note:

Well, that was quite a lot. I decided for the 10 chapter special, I was gonna push all the chapters into one big chapter. I wanted to have one chapter per pony, but this is easier I guess. I also decided to answer the question of the humans before us and what time they're from. Thanks for the feedback guys :D We're finally at 10 chapters. Unfortunately, my high school has testing coming up. It's a state test so I'm gonna be busy and I'll be gone for a while. My birthday is coming up in the beginning of March and then me and George are possibly going to Big Apple Ponycon ^.^ I'll be back though, and I'll continue the story. When I come back, we'll be starting off with the mane 6 and a train ride to Canterlot. Thanks for reading everyone :D

Comments ( 3 )

Happy prelated birthday Jim~ :pinkiehappy: (The ending was rather abrupt in its dark epiphany. But I did like the comparison between Sombra and the Black Death :3)

2196613
Thanks Nick :pinkiehappy: I wanted to wait a while more and mention it, but I decided before I go on a long break I should reveal that one cliffhanger.

At first, I was wondering why my story ended up here, but then I realized that this isn't my story. :twilightblush:

Carry on.

Login or register to comment