• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 671 Views, 13 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ICrackVideoGames



The world has gone to hell... And Rainbow Dash is in the middle of all of it.

  • ...
4
 13
 671

A New Day

Rainbow Dash woke up with start, her dreams not really a pleasant place to be. She looked around to see that she was sitting in a police car that was traveling down a highway. She looked down to her hooves to see hoof-cuffs clinging tightly around them.

"Oh... Yeah, that's right..." She muttered to herself, her unpleasant memories suddenly coming back in waves.

Rainbow Dash was convicted of something she never meant to do: murder. Just a few days ago, the thought of killing somepony would have sickened her to the core; But now, she was on her way to prison for it. It just seemed like the only solution at the time. The only way.

She takes a look back at the restraints, closes her eyes, and thinks back to what happened. She and Soarin managed to get together after a while and everypony was really happy for them. She was the happiest mare in Equestria. At least for a while.

Soarin traveled for work and she didn't like that. She couldn't just leave her friends behind, so she stayed in Marelanta while he traveled. One day, she was sick and she couldn't do the weather duties for the day, so she took a day off and went home to rest. The moment she walked through the door, she saw Soarin and Fleetfoot in bed together, doing things that only Rainbow and Soarin should have been doing at the time. A white-hot rage built up inside her and it exploded like a Sonic Rainboom. She immediately killed Fleetfoot and looked into Soarin's fearful and somewhat angry eyes. That's when her rage was directed at Soarin himself.

She opened her eyes and felt her vision blur slightly. She immediately knew that those were tears. She quickly wiped them away before they could fall. She looked up to the rear-view mirror of the car to see the police officer squinting his eyes at her. It was as if he was judging her for what she had done.

Rainbow looked away from his judging eyes, but she couldn't help but pull her own back to the mirror. The officer was still staring at her. She stared back with angry-looking eyes, but in reality, they were sorrowful.

"Well, I reckon you didn't do it then." He said with a somewhat satisfied tone as he returned his eyes to the road.

"Does it really matter?" She said as she looked away again. If she thought about it, nothing really mattered anymore. Equestria could have burned to the ground for all she cared.

"Nah...not much." Replied the officer, prompting a silence from Rainbow. Hoping to break the uncomfortable silence, the officer spoke again.

"Y'know, I've driven a buncha fellas down to this prison. Celestia knows how many. Usually, about now is when I get the 'I didn't do it'." He said with an almost imperceptible annoyed tone

"Yeah? Well, not from me." Rainbow said with a monotone voice. She didn't really feel like talking.

"Cause ponies in your position already said it enough?" The officer said rather quickly. Before Rainbow could respond, the radio went off; the police station is giving out orders. Rainbow looks back at the mirror after the orders stop.

"I followed your case a little bit. You bein' a Neighcon mare and all." Rainbow's eyes widen at this statement.

"You're from Neighcon then?" She said and the officer looked back.

"Yep. Came to Marelanta to be a city cop in the 70s. I always wanted to work a murder case. And that Wonderbolts mess you got messed up in. With all due respect. A real shame that is." He said with genuine respect, not like the stuck-ups in Canterlot.

Rainbow looked out the window and sees a police car dashing towards the opposite direction of where she was headed. She looked back to the mirror and she noticed the officer still talking.

"Hay... The whole family used to be regulars at yer folks' drugstore right in downtown. Is it still there?" He asked.

"Hay yeah it is." She says. She can't resist smiling a little.

Rainbow thought back to the times she shared with her family before she got sent to Cloudsdale for flight school. But due to recent events, she had become a lot less close with them. She wished that this had never happened. She had hoped that Soarin would change after they got together, but she hoped for too much.

"Good." the officer says.

The radio goes off again; Only instead of orders, It's giving out warnings.

"Doesn't that seem...I don't know, Important to you?" Rainbow asks, looking at the radio as the officer turned a dial to silence it.

"Yeah. But that box never shuts up. Sit in this seat and pay too much attention, you'll drive yourself crazy...Hey I got a nephew up in that village that you lived in...Err...Ponyville was it? You lived there long?" He asked, trying to make more small talk.

"Yep. Six years. Until I moved to Marelanta a year ago." She said. She didn't want to go back to the place that held so many bad memories. It was one of the reasons that she thought going to prison was a blessing, not a curse.

"You meet that stallion, Soarin there?" He says. Rainbow's eyes widened, but she stayed silent.

"You wanna know how I see it?" He asked.

"No, not really."

"Too bad. Just because you have the right to remain silent doesn't mean I gotta be." He said and Rainbow made an expression that said 'You're being an asshole'.

He opened his mouth and looks at Rainbow, who still had the same expression. He closed it as if he was going to regret what he was going to say.

A few seconds later, he spoke again.

"Regardless, could be that you just loved the wrong stallion."

Rainbow gets ready to make a remark then realizes she would regret it. She gives out a sigh. He could have been right. Maybe she did just love the wrong stallion. Hell, she could have loved a mare and she still would have been better off.

The radio went off again. And after a few seconds Rainbow sees a police helicopter and some other police vehicles dashing to the opposite direction.

"I'm driving this stallion once h-he was the worst one. He wouldn't stop goin' on about how he didn't do it...He was an older fella. Big, soft eyes behind a pair of folk glasses, and he's just wailing back there, sayin' it wasn't him. Cryin' and snottin' all over, right where you're sittin."

G-Gross. Thanks for making me feel more uncomfortable... Rainbow thought to herself as she moved over to the side, hoping that she was sitting somewhere a bit more clean.

The radio went off once more; But the officer shut it off before Rainbow could understand what it was saying.

"Then before long, he starts kicking the back of the seat li-like a fussy baby on an airplane. And I tell him he's gotta stop, that's government property, and I'll be forced to zap him otherwise. So he stops, and having exhausted all his options, he starts cryin' out for his mama. 'Mama, it's all a big mistake! It wasn't me!'."

Heh...Wimp. Rainbow thought to herself.

"Hmm...Maybe he was innocent." She says.

"I-Innocent!? They caught the bucker red-handed! Stabbin' his wife, cuttin' her up as the boys came through the door! He sits in my car screaming bloody murder that it wasn't him! I think he actually believed it himself."

What a nutjob... She thought as she kept silent.

"It goes to show, people will up and go mad when they believe their life is over... Hey I got another good one for ya, This one's a bit less depressing an-" He said, looking at Rainbow.

Rainbow squints her eyes at the road to see a figure limping across the road. Rainbow's eyes jolt back to the officer; He was still going on with his tale. She raises her hoof in front of her face-

"Bucking driv-" But before she was able to finish, they had already crashed into him.

Before long, the car starts spinning out of control. The car then falls out of the freeway.

There Rainbow was, in a car that was falling uncontrollably. Like a ragdoll, she was flying around the backseat of the car. She hit her head; which knocked her out cold.

+++

A few hours later...

In a daze, Rainbow opens her eyes; She hears the officers screams. The familiar sound of someone dying. It echoes through Rainbow Dash's head. She then hears another familiar sound. A sound of which she only heard on television back home. A gunshot. She slowly closes her eyes.

And opens them again. She looks around and notices she's flat on her back.

"Ugh....Oww...Man..." She says as she sits up. Pain strikes her right wing as she does this. She notices her wing is badly injured.

"Oh no...No...Nonononono! My wing can't be broken! Ow... I...I've got to get it to a doctor..." She says in complete panic.

"I-I don't think wings can bend that way....Even when they're broken..." She said as she looked over her damaged wing.

All the bones in the wing are broken, it's bleeding badly, and she could see a bone sticking out.

She looks at the hoof-cuffs.

"...Thirsty..." She tries to move around.

"Ahh! Celestia.... My leg..." She clenched her teeth as she felt a sharp pain grasp her right back leg. She looked over it. It was swollen to hell. The pain is not as bad as her wing. Which is still in a horrible pain. She turns her head and looks out the broken window. The officer's body is sprawled across the ground, followed by a trail of blood.

"Ow... Hey! Officer? Are you okay? " She calls out. No reponse.

"Agh... Doesn't look like he's okay." She said with a hint of despair in her voice. Her eyes travel the ground until a shotgun appears in her line of sight.

"Why in Tartarus did he have his gun out?" She asked herself.

She pulled her head to the window in front of her. Unfortunately for her, the window still had its glass. She kicked the glass with her good leg until it cracks. She kicked it again, which caused several cracks to form on its surface. She kicked one more time and the glass shattered.

She slowly moved herself to the now broken window and hauls herself out of the car, where she falls on her side.

"Ow...Dammit." She said as she pulled herself up. She stood on the slope and gravity kicked in. She fell and hit her bad leg on the car, which caused her to let out a groan of pain.

She walked along the side of the crashed metal with her foreleg supporting her weight on the car.

She got off the car and limped to the officer. She felt something under her hoof as she walked. She lifted her hoof up and she saw the shotgun. She picked it up with her foreleg.

"Hm....Empty...It'll be easier to carry with these cuffs off..." She looked at the officer's body and spots the keys on his waist.

"I don't like this...."

Limping, She carefully made her way to the officer's body. Every step made a crackling sound of twigs and leaves under her hooves. She stared at the now unmoving body of an officer. She carefully took the keys off the officers belt and positions it near the keyhole. She inserts the key and it falls out of her hoof.

"Shit!" It landed in front of the officer's snout.

Rainbow notices what she said and muttered.
"I hope nopony heard that..."

She crouched down and she reached for the keys and just as quickly pulled back.

"Come on Rainbow, don't get all sissy on yourself..." She says and she quickly grabs the keys.

She gave out a sigh of relief and looked at the cuffs. She positioned the keys to the keyhole again and inserts it. She twists the key and hears a clicking noise. She positions it to the other keyhole and does the same.

The officer groans like a spike was stuck through his throat.

"O...Officer?" She said with a somewhat hesitant tone.

The officer quickly crawls up and growls and Rainbow jumps in shock as she falls onto her back.

"Aaaaaagh!!! My wing!!!!" She screams through clenched teeth. She hears a ripping noise. Tears constantly pouring out of her eyes.

She sat up and moved back, away from the rotting corpse trying to get her.

"H-Holy Shit!!!" She screamed in fear and shock. She looked at the officer. His irises were no longer dark brown, but light grey. His fur had gone rotten and he smelled like shit.

She crawled away until her back touched the car. She started sobbing and looked around and saw the shotgun to her left and a shell to her right. Without thinking, she grabs the shotgun and looks to the shotgun shell. Her eyes wander up. The officer Was crawling towards her with a predatory glare in his dead-looking eyes as he growled and roared as though he was some sort of wild animal. She grabbed the shotgun shell and tried to load it, but the shell fell out of her hoof.

"Mother of Buck!!!!" She screamed and looked up. The officer was getting dangerously close. She grabbed the shell and loaded into the shotgun. She cocked it and pointed it a the officer.

"Don't make me do this! " She said, tears running down her face.

The officer just kept crawling with his hungry mouth already gnashing away at the thought of a potential meal. She closed her eyes.

" G-Gaaaaaagggghhhh!!!!!" She shouted as she pulled the trigger.

Then, a gunshot. She heard the officer's groans die down and she opened her eyes. The officer was lying at her back hooves.

She breathed heavily. She looked at the shotgun, clearly shocked at what happened and she tossed it away. She looked up and saw a silhouette of a little filly in the distance. She calls out to it.

"H-hey!!! Get Help!!! Th-There's been a shooting!!" The silhouette simply ran away.

Rainbow's eyes darted around the trees and saw nothing. She sighed, still sobbing. She slowly closed her eyes to rest.
.
.
.
.
.
Then, she heard a rustling in the bushes.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony. This is just an Idea me and my friend thought of. So yeah, I hope you like it! That friend is actually Necrobloodedge7380 So check him out. Oh, and you may have noticed that this chapter is based on the start of the Walking Dead game by TellTale games. But I promise I'm just using this for the intro so everything else will be different. So anyway thanks!

Comments ( 13 )
Comment posted by ICrackVideoGames deleted Dec 15th, 2012

1799220
I forgive you for first posting for putting up such a wonderful song as well.

(before reading) Well In all honesty, So let me see, Your gonna keep the starting to the Game made off the show, Configure the however Point B but keep point A (being she's a murderer and what not) But yet are you going to configure the situations entirely or take the scenes from the game yet add the characters emotions in... oh and uhh~....If your thinking of making a Larry, I don't think Big mac would match the criteria, It could but in my opinion no, But I mean If you copy the stuff then ..."balls to you???" idk, But if you dont "Good on ya". (after reading) Holy shit... it's the same... But it's... BETTER!!! You don't mind If I make a you-tube Narration of the fanfic do you?

Im doing something kind of like this. lets see how far we go :pinkiehappy::twilightblush::twilightsheepish:

God.... The ending of The Walking Dead was so sad, I was sad for atleast a good 3 days, I really don't want to see this happen with ponies.

REMINDS ME EXACTLY OF THE GAME
:pinkiehappy:

1852681

ha ha

what i meant was that the other people that write these kind of crossovers ( the walking dead ) i meant that you did a better job
like i could see everything like if i was a spectator

i mean no offense to other people that write this crossover

oh come on !!! why is it canceld It is a awesome fic plz plz plz continue it plzzz plz I beg you :fluttercry:

Really? Even the conversion was copied from the game? Every single word. You actually didn't write anything on your own, just changed the names of the characters and some words like "people" into "ponies"
That wasn't really such a great idea... -,-

Login or register to comment