• Published 4th Dec 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 23 Comments

Can She be Trusted? - Slender Dash



Luna has been troubled over her night one thousand years ago, which Celestia helps her to recall.

  • ...
4
 23
 1,050

She Regrets

Tears have started streaming form both princesses' eyes now, and they sat there hugging each other for a long while.

"I was heart-broken, Luna," Celestia sobbed, "I had to send you away. I didn't want to, but I knew I had to. It was the only way to let the rage die."

"I know," Luna whispered, "I know." THey both cried until the were reduced to shuddering gasps, and then they smiled at each other, knowing both would be better off from this experience.

"I wish you to be here every day," Celestia said, "And there was no way possible I could make the night sky like you." She smiled and gave her sister another hug for good measure.

"But how were you able to defeat me when I returned?"

"The energy was much weaker when you came back. And I didn't defeat you," Celestia smiled, "The magic of friendship did."

"Celestia, I forgive you. It was my fault. I got out of control," Luna stated, bowing her head in shame.

"I forgive you, too," Celestia replied, drawing her wing back to her body.

"Bu will Equestria?" Luna searched for an answer in Celestia's eyes, but she found none. She got up and walked to the door, gave one last smile, and started walking toward her own bedroom. She pushed open the door on her fancy room, and hopped lightly onto her luxurious cloud bed. She snuggled down under the blankets and slept-happy, but unsure.



Luna paced nervously on the stone floor of the hallway. Celestia was outside, greeting half of the nation for the morning. She was speaking in a very enthusiastic tone, the complete opposite of Luna's anxious state. Even though she had been back in Equestria for awhile, not every pony still accepted her. She found that out because of Nightmare Night. So, her sister came up with another...brilliant...idea, and it was going into play this moment.

She pricked her ears as she heard her queue to get ready started forming on her sister's lips.

"And I want to say thank you for being so kind, and welcoming my sister, Princess Luna!" Luna started walking towards the balcony. Celestia stepped aside and gave her an encouraging smile, and an almost unnoticeable nod of her head. Luna lifted her head and puffed out her chest, then stepped into the ray of sunshine on the veranda. She looked over the railing and the wave of noise hit her like a truck- screaming, cheering, whistling,chanting, you name it.

She gave a laugh as some pony started the wave, and watched ponies throw their hands over there heads in a ripple across the crowd. She watched as there was a tiny struggle in the crowd, then a cyan pegasus zoomed up in the blinked of an eye. Her unkept rainbow mane swayed in the slight breeze as she held out her hoof, wielding a fierce smile on her face.

Luna burst out laughing, returning Rainbow Dash's hoof bump and watched as her friend flew back down, to be yelled at by all of her friends for disturbing the peace. Luna waited a moment more, then lifted her hoof for silence. You could hear a pin drop in a matter of seconds as everyone's gaze settled upon the Princess of the Night.

"Thank you so much for welcoming me back," Luna began. Se surprised a giggle as Rainbow Dash called out a quick "You're welcome!", only to get hushed by half the crowd.

"I have now heard the true story of what happened on that night one thousand years ago, and I am...ashamed," Luna said slowly. Apologies were not her sweet suit. She hated giving them-especially to three thousand ponies. It had to be done though.

"I want to say, I'm sorry, for everything. I...I don't know what got into me, I just wanted...." Luna faltered, trying to fight off the tears that threatened to flow. She soon gained control again, and continued. "I want to say sorry for the things I did. For the fear I struck into your hearts, for the fighting with Celestia, and for the undieing hate you had to witness."

Luna gave a small, curt nod and stared back at the awe-struck crowd. She shifted on her hooves, wanting to be out of there unmoving eyes. She risked a look back to Celestia, and raised her eyebrows for an answer. Celestia, looking just as confused, shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

She turned back to a shocking sight- all of the ponies gathered below her were settled into deep, sincere bows to her. She looked around, baffled, as some looked up, and noticed tears in some of their eyes. Then they started calling out themselves, yelling assurances to her.

"You don't need to be sorry!"

"It was our fault!"

"We were so mean!"

"I'm sorry!"

The last response seemed to be heard from everyone, and they all started crying out to her, screaming sorrys and regret. She smiled back down at them and waved her hoof, telling them it's no big deal. But the were unrelenting, and the waves of words just kept flowing. Ponies screamed and shouted and wept, and Luna started weeping along with them. She had a smile on her face though- no, these tears were not from sadness.

As she walked back into the palace, her heart warmed at a beautiful thought.

"Yes," she said aloud," I have been forgiven."

Comments ( 19 )

Spoiler alert.
Title of chapter 4

1739680
You can pretty much read the entire story off of the titles eh?
Ha

1739686
Bro... I just commented to one of your other comments. True love...

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I call being Twilight, you can be Trixie.

1739709
And I just commented on the comment you made on my reply to that other story.
Stop it.
This is confusing!

1739725 It's not supposed to make sense! JUST SHUT UP AND KISS ME :twilightblush:

1739730
Fine! But I expect extra confusion tonight after dinner!

I changed chapter 4's title. I didn't expect people to see the story so fast :twilightoops:1739680

1739745
Ahhh...
Good.
It's just that I read the title of chapter 4 and thought "Oh, why read? I know how it ends basically".
I did read though and I enjoyed. :twilightsmile:

:pinkiesmile: Well thanks! It is a short chapter though, there isn't too much going on in it. Mostly it's a conclusion, or an epilogue.

1739755

Not the most riveting description. Then again I judge every piece by the "Show, don't tell" theory of writing. This is a story I myself have attempted to do with a varying degree of success. It's an interesting take on it, but the lack of originality and premise needs to be supported by stylistic writing. The dialogue is sometimes believable, but Celestia seems out of character slightly. She does not seem one prone to wrath, but that's just my take on her.

Also, mainly because I was ridiculed for such dialogue. While a lot of authors don't use perfect early modern English for Luna, this story seems to take place in the closest possible time frame to her return. Your use of contractions are out of place and some of the wording is funky.

Other than that, I like the natural conflict you found between them. Very organic for the most part.

can i ask why the pony so scared of the night, one screaming cause she didn't make it home before it got dark, i'm scared of the dark really scared of it and i don't scream

GARGHHH I MISSED THE UNVEILING! :ajbemused:

Commencing read. :pinkiehappy:

1739942

:rainbowlaugh:Omg, I can't believe I put that!

1740300

That pony was REALLY scared of the dark, and more likely, the evil beasts that lie in the shadows.

I completely forgot about Shining Armor! Sorry for the mistake. I got caught up in writing :3

I liked how you had the crowd apologize to Luna in the end. After all, it was the ponies actions that caused Luna to be hurt and show her rage and sorrow. Luna was just acting in a way that many people would if they were constantly feared and rejected. Wonderful story!:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment