• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 975 Views, 4 Comments

Pact: Nullification : Lost - SerriTovoka

  • ...
4
 4
 975

Terminus :: 1

My gut dropped a million miles an hour as I felt it begin.

Blind.



We're blind.





Rose screamed as the cabin came to life. A chair threw itself against the wall with enough force to go clean through a cabinet door. The others soon followed, flying out from under the table, and into walls. I could hear the very earth outside ripping itself up like a psychopath in a cell.

The walls splintered and caved in, plates threw themselves at us.

"ROSE. FOLLOW ME. NOW!"

The words resonated around us, distorted and frayed, repeating themselves maddeningly. Rose cried out and fought her way through the kitchen with me.

I was bleeding. Already.

I stumbled and tripped, Roseluck on my heels, as I tried to get back to the living room in hopes that the fire had not already engulfed it.





Without a sound or transition of any kind, I was outside.






"ROSE?! ROSE!"

I heard her scream my name as she sprinted towards me.

"RYAN! I'M HERE."

Her words floated away in the arising wind; nothing more than static and half-intelligible noise.

The sky turned a shade of sick green, lending a small amount of light.

I spun around quickly in the snow to see Roseluck skid to a stop right next to me.

"Ryan! What the fuck just happened! Where are we?!"

"Just stay as close to me as possible. Do NOT leave my side."

Rose was breathing heavily, panicked.

There is no way to prepare for something like this, no way to survive it.



I quickly stood, surveying what was around me. Equestria itself was cracking and spraying dirt and mud in all directions, a small deer attempted to run across a worn down trail, but was quickly killed by grass that had shot up from the ground directly underneath it.

The sky screamed and the droning was becoming louder, now so deep that I could feel it shaking the planet.


"Rose! We need to ge-"



Before I could finish my sentence, I was standing in a small town, under a streetlight. Ponies on the sidewalks looked me over with intense curiosity and fear.


"Ryan, I'm here!"


Rose had popped up only 10 yards or so away from me, and quickly rejoined me.


"We need to find somewhere that we can...Lyra...?"

A teal pony, only about five feet away from me, with white hair looked about herself, confused.

"Rose, you're not supposed to be he-" the pony attempted to say, before being savagely crushed and beaten by the streetlamp beside of me.

Blood sprayed itself on everyone nearby as I tackled Roseluck out of the pole's reach.

Another pony was hit, breaking one of her legs, and leaving her hip as an unrecognizable, bloody dangling mess. She attempted to drag herself away, but was smashed over and over again by the lamp, which was now no more than a broken light and bent shaft.

The streets tasted blood almost immediately as the ponies scattered.

Shingles from a nearby shop embedded themselves in the back of a purple pony's head as houses all around us began exploding in intelligent shrapnel.

Everywhere, ponies were beaten, crushed, impaled, gashed, gored and severed as Rose and I ran down the middle of the street.



We had to find somewhere.


We would die in mere seconds if we didn't.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment