• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 1,229 Views, 10 Comments

Human in the New Lunar Republic - Jayswing103



A human lands in Equestria and must help overthrow Celestia.

  • ...
 10
 1,229

Me and the manticore

"Okay. Here we are." Twilight said raising her hoof towards the forest. "Woah." I commented. "I'm going to have to explore here a good bit." Twilights jaw droped. "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" she asked. "A little." I responded, "Why?" "The Everfree forest is a very dangerous and unnatural place. The weather controls itself, the animals take care of themselfs, and the plants and trees grow all on their own." she said.

I burst out laughing. "That is so much irony right there." I said, "Everyting you just stated IS nature. It can't be unnatural. And besides, it can't be more dangerous than the forest I used to explore." I stated a mater o factly. Twilight just facehoofed, "Just stay on the path okay." "Okay okay. Jeez buzzkill. I'm still going to come here later though." I retorted. She sighed, "Let's just get this over with."

I put my earbuds into my ears and turned on my mp3 to one of my many Green Day songs. "So Gabriel tell me more about yourself." Twilight said. "Like what?" I said. "Well for example what did you want to be when you grew up?" she asked. I smiled this was the one subject that could always make me smile. "I wanted to be an environmentalist." I replied without hesitation. "A what?" she asked.

"An environmentalist is someone who protects the environment or nature such as this." I said, albeit a little angrily, while motioning around us. "I still don't see how you can think this is natural." she said. "I still don't see how you can think it's unnatural." I growled at her. Suddenly a shadow came out of the bush lightning fast, scooped me up, and as quietly and fast as it came it went. The only proof that I had been there was my mp3 still playing Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

"For one there are no pegasus ponies controlling the weather." she waited for a witty reply, but nothing came. She turned around as soon as she realized he was not spouting out his usual arguments. When she saw he wasn't there she hoped it was just a practical joke. "Come out Gabriel this isn't funny." she said. She started getting worried. "Gabriel?" she looked around in the bushes. Suddenly she spotted his mp3 player. "I don't think he would just leave this lying around." she said as she picked it up with magic and put it in her saddlebags.

She was really worried by now. She was convinced that he was taken by something in the forest. She had to get to Zecora's. Maybe she had some kind of locating spell. She put the mp3 player into her bag and started galloping towards Zecora's hut. *5 minutes later* "I know of such a spell, but whipping it up will take more than a ring of a bell." Zecora told the panicking unicorn. Twilight knew what she ment by this. "But we don't have an hour." she protested. "If you want this to work well then you will not rush this spell." Zecora replied calmy. Twilight sighed. Zecora was right. She could do nothing but wait and wait she shall.

*Meanwhile back at a cave* "Ugh. My head." I said cluthing my throbbing brain getting off the floor after whatever kidnapped me dropped me. My eyes widened as I realized what kidnapped me. It was a big 6 foot tall manticore. "Damn. Does every mythical creature live on this planet or something?" I muttered. I looked into it's eyes and saw only a primal hunger there. I knew that this thing only thought of me as dinner. Not if I could help it. I stooped down and picked up a rock.

I knew what I had to do to survive, but even I was a little disgusted at what I was about to do. Might as well go all out then. I suddenly yelled out, "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA!" which startled the creature. Using this opening I ran up to it and kicked it in the face stunning it even more. I then jumped on it's back and, I won't go into gory details, proceded to use the rock I had picked up to start bludgoning it to death.

It tried to shake me off, but to no avail. I continued hitting it in the head with the rock each time causing blood to spurt out and most of the time hitting me. As I continued using this brutal method it's thrashings grew weaker. It soon stopped all togeather and seemed as though it was lying down and accepting it's fate. After a few more blows it's whole body quivered and gave out. It was dead. I knew what I had to do next to survive but this idea didn't appeal to me either.

I knew I had to do it though. I didn't know when I would get a chance at meat again considering their reactions to me when they found out I ate meat. I searched around the cave for the sharpest rock I could find. Once I did I pulled up the manticore's head and used it to quickly slit it's throat the best I could. I then drug it's body out to a tree close to the enterance to the cave and found a strong vine. Once that was done I tiede it's hind legs and then hung it from a branch to drain out it's blood.

While it did that I went to find some firewood. I'd say it took about an hour to gather the lumber (Really it was just dead branches and twigs) needed to make a proper fire. I realized how late it must be considering stars were starting to show in the sky. I took the manticores body down careful not to drop it in the large puddle of blood now littering the forest floor. I used the stone from earlier to sloppily carve out a chunk of meat and stuck it on a sharp stick then procceded to cook it.

"There is one more thing we need before we head out the door." Zecora said. "Which is?" Twilight asked. "An esscense of the one we are looking for." Zecora explained. "An esscense? You mean like their possesion The only possesion of his I have is this." Twilight said pulling out his mp3 player. "That will do nicely." Zecora said reaching for it. Twilight pulled it back. "No. I mean. He said it had all of his music on it. I don't know what this would do to it and I don't want it getting ruined." she said.

"Don't worry Twilight I'm sure he'd be fair, and I'm only going to take his hair." she said plucking a strand of his hair off of the earbud. "Oh." Twilight said as she grew red. "There." Zecora said as she poured the brew into a bottle. "This arrow will point to the one you are trying go find. We will find him it is sure in my mind." Zecora reassured her. "Alright." Twilight said taking the bottle. "Let's go." she said as she started towards the direction that the arrow pointed.

She had been walking for 15 minutes through the forest now and she still didn't have any luck, but Twilight wouldn't let that get her down. She continued following the arrow and suddenly the trees thinned out into a small semicircle like clearing infront of a medium sized cave entrance. It was there that she saw a grotesque scene that made her wish she had just stayed at the library. Next to a tree near the right end of the semicircle was a large pool of blood. She started walking there, but collapsed in the middle and started crying. "Why? Why him? Why?" she sobbed.

"GABRIEL!" she screamed out to the heavens. Suddenly she heard a soft gentle voice behind her, "Twilight?" She turned around and her knees nearly collapsed in relief. Standing there was the human whom she presumed was dead. Then she realized the state he was in. He was covered in blood and since she didn't know any better she thought it was his.

She started sobbing harder and ran up to him. He bent down and held her in an embrace. "It's okay." he told her. "B-But how? You're covered in b-b-blood!" He sighed. "This is going to be a long story." he said as he started stroking her mane.

The first bite of the manticore I took was delicious. It tasted exactly like chicken and I mean it really did too. I finished off the first one fast. I then cut myself out a second slab of meat and proceded to cook it. I finished that one too. I had just finished my 4th when my stomach started to hurt. I lied down in the cave and tried to get some sleep to preserve my energy. Who knew how long I was going to be out here.

Suddenly I heard crying. I went to investigate and I found Twilight broken down in the middle of the clearing. She suddenly shouted out my name. I suddenly realized what she must be thinking. "Twilight?" I called out to her. She gasped and turned around. Then her face turned from one of relief to one of fear. She ran over to me and I bent down to console her. I embraced her into a hug.

"It's okay." I whispered to her. "B-But how?" she asked. "You're covered in b-b-blood!" I started running my hands through her mane to try and calm her like trainers did with regular horses. It seemed to work. I let out a sigh. This was going to be hell to explain to her. "This is going to be a long story."

Authors note: What did you think? Did I do a good job of bludgeoning that manticore to death? Also Do you think I should put myself into a few episodes or just get on with the story. Also thanks again to PS3 for the idea and comments.

Comments ( 8 )

I propose that we dominate both the Republic and Empire, and replace it with our capitalistic regime!

283344
YES! Let us show these ponies that Greed Is Good!

this seems good. it's a shame it was cancelled.

REPLACE PONIES WITH HUMANS
GET ANOTHER PLANET FOR US TO MOVE ON WHEN WE BLOW THIS ONE UP

284324 Don't worry I have a different one with the same concept up on fanfiction. I'll post it here soon.:pinkiecrazy:

289269 ALL HAIL THE BLOOD GOD, GRANT ME STRENGTH OH MIGHTY ONE.

Oh look att all the blood i will put my straw in it and drink it all up :rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment