• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 428 Views, 0 Comments

The Moonwind Chronicles - Wolfking164



Falling into the world of Equestria can be shocking, but David is in for something different.

  • ...
 0
 428

Chapter 5

Author's note: There is a bit of banter here, and me breaking the fourth wall. Anyways, Italics in this story mean Moonwind and Tori talking, but they can't be heard by the other ponies. So, yeah. Just letting you know.


Rainbow Dash was doing what she usually did in a day. Stunts, weather control, and plenty of nap time, the occasional prank. However, she hadn’t been expecting her day to become interesting, or to be woken up by a pony dumping a raincloud on her head.

The last bit of the water was evaporating when Rainbow heard someone laughing. She liked a good prank, which this one had been, but she didn’t exactly enjoy being woken up like that. She took off and landed on the cloud which had been pushed into place above her and soon found the prankster.

Moonwind didn’t notice that the cyan pony had jumped on the cloud he had just jumped on her head. He was too busy laughing after seeing the shock on her face after he had jumped on the cloud to make it rain. He also failed to notice that he was actually laughing, instead of being silent.

“David? David! Hey, that pony you just pranked is on the cloud with us. You really need to stop laughing,” Tori said as she bonked Moonwind on the head.

Ow. That hurt.

“Good. Did you hear me earlier?”

Yes. I heard you. I couldn’t stop laughing cause of that look on her face. It was so funny, he replied as he rubbed his head.

“Yeah, well, I don’t think she liked it as much as you did.”

Moonwind decided to look at the cyan pony he had pranked and a funny feeling went through him as he did. He didn’t know why, but the pony before him looked quite beautiful in his eyes. He cleared his throat a couple of time, trying to hide the blush that had crept up his face.

Tori was laughing as she noticed the emotions going through Moonwind’s head.

Hey! Don’t laugh. I think she looks very….umm…..nice.

“You’re thinking more than that.”

Quiet you, Moonwind replied before he looked back at the cyan pony, whose face looked ever more confused.

Moonwind cleared his throat before saying, “Yeah, sorry about that. You just looked like you were doing nothing and I had noticed that there were some of other pegasus ponies working on the clouds and you were doing nothing. So, I thought I should give you a little wake up call.”

Rainbow Dash smiled at Moonwind. “Oh, don’t worry about it. I like a good prank, and yours was pretty good. My name’s Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in Equestria.”

“Ego much? And we have found out the name of the place we are in it seems.”

The town is called Ponyville. I think she’s talking about the country, Moonwind replied.

“My name’s Moonwind. I’m new around here, as you can tell.”

“Moonwind?” Rainbow Dash said with a smirk on her face.

Moonwind was about to answer when Rainbow began laughing uncontrollably. Moonwind was confused as to why she was laughing.

“She’s laughing at your name, you dunce.”

If I could, I would put a piece of tape on you and see what happens.

“You wouldn’t do that!”

How do you know?

Tori shut her mouth, deciding that there was something interesting with her hand. Moonwind smiled before looking back at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow had gotten control of herself once more. “So, your name is Moonwind? Are you sure or is it something else?”

“Nope, I just I call myself Moonwind cause I like the way it sounds. Here’s your sign,” he replied as he planted a smile on his face.

Rainbow giggled at Moonwind’s attempt at a joke. “Yeah, well, how long are you gonna be around?”

“I don’t know. I’ll probably stick around for awhile. Might get a job, if I can find one that is.”

“That is so cheesy.”

Yeah, and so are you……………Wait. Did I just speak?

“I…..I think you did.”

“Uhhhhhhh, could you excuse me for a moment Rainbow Dash?”

“Ok. I gotta meet up with my friends anyways,” Rainbow Dash replied.

“One of them doesn’t happen to be named Applejack?”

“Yeah. Did you meet her?”

“Yes, yes I did. Now, I guess I’ll talk to you later,” Moonwind said before taking off.

“Well, that went well, I think. You are the most awkward talker in the world.”

Blame the writer.

Tori giggled as Moonwind continued flying higher up. “So, what are you gonna do now that you can talk? And also, how? I thought that accident left you mute forever.”

I thought so too. The only reason I can think of is that some things don’t transfer over when you change dimensions or so. I don’t know. And for what I’m doing, I’m doing what I have always loved to do.
“Sing?”

Yes. It’s been so long since I’ve sang, but that won’t stop me from doing it.

“Yes. I know David. I’ve always wanted to hear you sing. Now it seems I get the chance.”

Moonwind chuckled. He had always enjoyed singing and from what he had been told, he had inherited his father’s singing voice. He couldn’t stop the bird’s singing, but he could make people come to a standstill when he had sung. Moonwind had been able to do it as well, tenor matching his dad’s low baritone.

That’s the only thing I missed when that accident happened. I missed singing. Now, I can do it once more.



Unbeknownst to Moonwind and the other ponies of Ponyville, another pony watched them as they went about their lives. He had been plotting his revenge against Equestria for many years, ever since Princess Celestia banished him from his home in Canterlot.

“Master, we are almost ready,” a gravelly voice said behind the dark blue pony. “We only need a few more things and then you can exact your revenge.”

“Easy. I do not wish to reveal it quite yet. We will wait till the time is ripe. We do not need to take Celestia right away,” the stallion said. “We could always use another to persuade her. Perhaps, her sister, Luna, will work to draw out Celestia from her royal castle.”

“Yes master. If we take the younger one, we may have a better chance of success, especially since she’s younger than her sister and less powerful,” the voice replied as it stepped into the light.

“For a wolf, you are smarter than most. However, do you doubt my ability to get rid of the royal highnesses?”

“No master. I do not doubt you. I am only agreeing that taking the younger of the two may have a greater effect on the older one.”

“In this, you are correct. We must only wait. Then, the ponies of Equestria will finally understand their peril. Finally, they will cower before me, Chronicle! Master of magic and soon, to be master of Equestria!”

The wolf bowed to Chronicle. “Yes master. And soon, they will fear you and wolves.”

Chronicle chuckled. “Yes, yes they will.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment