• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

A Calamity of Epic Proportions - AvalonAva



A terrible force was unleashed by Queen Chrysalis, but it was only found out later that it was a deceptive ploy for an even greater threat to Equestria

  • ...
4
 4
 730

The Pursuit of Nightmare Moon and Discord

A Calamity of Epic Proportions

Chapter 11

The Pursuit of Nightmare Moon and Discord


"HAAAAAAA!" Blazeclaw yelled. The dress suit was torn to shreds as his armor appeared on his body. His energy blades activated from his gauntlets, and both radiated with bright blue energy. Blaze made fists and deactivated the blades. "Alright, I'm coming for you two." He said to himself as a dark, transparent blue aura surrounded him. Blaze jumped up, breaking some of the ground as he did, and flew off into the air. As he did, three metal behemoths flew near him: The Claymore, Masamune 100, and Crucible Fire, all in mech form.

"~Did ya think we'd let you off that easy?~" JetFire asked Blaze.

"You guys don't have to follow me." Blaze said.

"~Yes, we do.~" Quin interjected. "~This is as much as our fight as it is yours.~"

"~We're with you till the end, Blazeclaw. Get use to it.~" Frostbite said. "~By the way, how can you fly?~" he asked Blaze.

"It's called chi. I'm focusing it to be able to fly. It's too complicated to explain right now, we have got to catch those two before they cause any more mayhem than Chrysalis and Alice already have." Blaze said. Up ahead, the two villains came into view.

"~I see them!~" Quin shouted.

XXXX

"Those pesky ponies and tall creature are on our tail!" Nightmare said to Discord.

"This fast? I figured my stasis barrier would've held him longer. Oh well." Discord sighed. "Anyways, this is our rally point." The two stopped in midair. The pursuers approached fast.

"What are thou making us wait for?" Nightmare demanded.

"Any second now." Discord told her.

XXXX

"~Why've they stopped?~" Frostbite asked.

"I haven't the faintest idea, but you can ask them when we get there." Blazeclaw said. Suddenly a large, black object exploded nearby, and it enlarged, making a giant black circle in the sky, the edges swirling. Out of it, a large metallic object flew out of it, moving at a fast speed.

"~Oh shit!~" JetFire yelled. The large object was a cruiser, but not just any kind: a U.E. Death Cruiser. Discord and Nitemare flew past it, and kept going in the same direction.

"~Where are they going?~" Quin asked. The Death Cruiser approached them with menacing intent. All of its turrets and cannons fired at the four. A salvo of energy and tungsten sped towards them.

"Take evasive maneuvers!" Blazeclaw yelled. The mechs managed to doge the salvo, but Blaze wasn't so lucky. The Death Cruiser fired its main cannon, and the blast hit him point-blank. It knocked him back, and he was enraged.

"Bastard!" Blaze yelled. He flew to the D.C., and slammed into its front. He grabbed onto it, and pulled upwards and to the right, making it turn. The rear dipped down, and grinded against the ground. He spun it around, and it picked up speed. After a few turns, he threw it down while slamming it into the ground. The Death Cruiser was sent tumbling away, and as it did, it's form changed. Very clumsily as it rolled, it changed into mech form.

"~Quick! Take it out while its down!~" Quin yelled. The four flew towards the Dc mech, energy attacks ready. But it got to its feet before they could attack. The mech round housed them all in one kick. The four made impact craters on a nearby mountain. The mech seemed like it was laughing at their failed attempt. The three ponies freed their mechs from the mountain, and shook of rubble that still clung to them. Blaze bent his arms forward and slammed them back. The stone surrounding his body was shattered. A blue aura surrounded him.

"This one is persistent." Blaze said. A sphere of blue energy formed in his right hand.

XXXX

JetFire blasted his way towards the giant mech. He fired missiles and hailed bullets onto the colossus piece of machinery. He went down, and shot high above the Dc. He cut off his jets, and fell back. The short blade in his mech's left wrist popped out. JetFire fell down to the Dc's head. Blade ready, he made contact with it. The spartan slid down the side of the Dc, blade piercing through its hull. The giant mech noticed though, and JetFire was in arms reach. He mech raised one of it's arms, and was about to smash JetFire. But then Frostbite came into view, being propelled forward by the ice-walkway his mech was creating. He rained hell, bullets and missiles alike, onto the Death Cruiser. The mech, instead of smashing JetFire, raised up the arm and backhanded Frostbite out of the air. The ice-walkway collapsed. Frostbite tumbled in the air, and the regained his balance.

"~Quin! Now, while he's distracted!!~" Frostbite yelled.

XXXX

A mech on the ground was running. It wielded a long sword, but in one hand. The right arm was crossed in front of it's body, so the sword pointed behind it. Then the mech jumped into the air. Jets took over, and now it picked up more speed, rocketing towards the Death Cruiser mech. Quin aimed for the mechs feet. The she quickly closed the gap between her and the mech. When she got to the feet, she aimed for the part just above the heel.

"~Fury Strike!~" Quin yelled. She slashed through the the back of the foot, and scraps of metal were sent flying throughout the surrounding area.

XXXX

Blaze saw his opening. For a speed boost, he kicked off from the mountain, damaging it even more. He was launched towards the Death Cruiser. He got to the giant mech as it turned around. It couldn't have been more perfect. Blaze raised up his right hand, along with the energy sphere. He got to the mech, and smashed the sphere in between it eyes. A large beam of energy erupted from the back of its head, and the giant peril was no more.

"~Yea! That's what I'm talking about!~" Frostbite shouted. Blaze frowned.

"We've lost valuable time from this. Quin, can your mechs tap into their reserve power supplies?" Blaze asked.

"~Of course they can! But why?~" she asked. Blaze looks off into the direction the two foes flew off to.

"We need to close the gap between us as fast as possible." A sudden blue aura surrounded Blaze. The three ponies fired up their mechs reserve power couplings. "Go!" Blaze yelled. The four blasted off in the direction of their quarry.

XXXX

After a few minutes of hyper speed flying, the four passed a beachfront, and flew over an ocean. They had left Equestria, and traveled into the unknown.

"What is on the other side of this ocean?" Blaze asked.

"~No pony knows.~" Quin answered him. "~Voyages have been sent in the past, but none have returned. We've all assumed that the trip is just too perilous to pursue.~" The water reflected the sun, and whipped past them. Up ahead, eight small pinpricks became visible.

"~What are those?~" Frostbite asked. Because of their speed, the objects quickly enlarged.

"A fleet of Corsairs." Blazeclaw told them. And sure enough, they were. The fleet came into full view.

XXXX

"Commander! Four anomalies approaching our vector sir!" A shadow knight said. The commander stood in the bridge overseeing them.

"Bring up the cameras on the screen." He ordered.

"Right away sir!" In a few seconds, one of the camera's screens appeared, enlarged to fit the screen. It showed the four heroes approaching the fleet.

"What fools. Only four of them attempt to attack us. Lieutenant, eradicate them with extreme prejudice." He told the knight.

"Aye aye, sir. All cruisers, eliminate the oncoming anomalies."

XXXX

"~I think they're going to attack us.~" JetFire said. Blazeclaw suddenly stopped. He other three stopped seconds later.

"~Blaze, why'd you-~" Quin began to say.

"Get behind me, now!!" He yelled to them. Without question, the three moved behind him. "Get back!!" He ordered to them. Blaze clenched his fists and flexed his arms. Black clouds started to materialize above him. Lightning began to rapidly strike him, from above and strangely enough, from the ocean below.

"Inferno Vortex!!" Blazeclaw yelled. It was as as if a million flame throwers were activated on a atmosphere of gasoline and propane fumes. A massive cyclone of fire surrounded Blazeclaw. It roared with mighty fury.

"~Holy shit!~" Frostbite yelled. The three ponies stared in awe.

"~His soul attack is way more powerful that any others that I've ever seen before!~" Quin said. The Vortex's roaring intensified, and it broke apart into eight separate tornados. They took off into the direction of the Shadow Corsair fleet. One ship was torn to pieces. Another was spun around, barely scathed. When each of the flame tornados hit, they dissipated. The attack left the fleet in total disarray. The Spartans and Quin flew into the fray, firing missiles and bullets at the ships. Some ships were still active, and they launched a counter assault onto them. The Shadow Corsairs changed course, and moved to surround the three mechs.

"~What're we gona do now, Quin?~" Frostbite asked.

"~Hold on. Where's Blazeclaw?~" Quin asked the two Spartans.

"~He didn't leave us, did he?~" JetFire asked. The Corsairs fired rounds of plasma, energy, and tungsten. The three braced for the oncoming doom....but nothing happened. The next thing they knew was that the Shadow Corsairs were not surrounding them. Instead, they were outside of their range.

"~What? How-~" Quin began. Blazeclaw was with them now.

" A technique I learned from a friend. But look at the fleet." They all turned to the former fleet of Shadow Corsairs. The salvos each had put out, aimed at the ponies that no longer remained there, had nowhere else to go. So, because of their rashness, every single Corsair was torn apart by each other.

"Wherever Discord and Nightmare went, I don't know. Seems like we lost them. For now." Blaze said. The four stared off toward the new land, and then took off, in pursuit of the two fiends.

The End.

For now.

Author's Note:

Holy shit it took me a day over a month to finish this! Hope you enjoyed!
Fellclaw

Comments ( 4 )

You do know that it's spelled NIGHTmare Moon right?:facehoof:

God damned auto correct. I did not notice that it changed. Oh well, thanks for pointing it out. Gonna change it now.

With all the crediting you had going on in the first line of the first chapter, it surprised me a little bit that you didn't credit Nastylady for the coverart.

(I really just came to your page to thank you for reading and enjoying my story the other day, but then I saw that you had used one of my favorite artists work as coverart, so I figured I would hit two birds with one stone, and request that you submitted a source)

Your story looks interesting, though, and I do regret that I don't have time to read it.

3976482 Eh, I don't really know who owns the art I use. It's not that I don't care, its just that it's a tedious job to search for them.

Login or register to comment