• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

A Calamity of Epic Proportions - AvalonAva



A terrible force was unleashed by Queen Chrysalis, but it was only found out later that it was a deceptive ploy for an even greater threat to Equestria

  • ...
4
 4
 730

The Battle for Canterlot: Part 2

A Calamity of Epic Proportions

Chapter 5

The Battle for Canterlot (Part 2)


Blazeclaw walked through the gates. Many of the Royal Guards stared at him. He stopped and looked around.

"Who's in charge here?" He demanded. They all looked around, shrugging. Another Falcon came from the southeast, and Derpy Hooves stepped out.

"I'm in charge of this operation." she said. Blazeclaw looked at her.

"Well, I'm taking over now." He said. Derpy raised an eyebrow.

"Like hell you are! What gives you the right?" She yelled. Blaze sighed.

"Look, I'm not one to pull rank in a battle, but..." Blaze held out a disc. A holographic image appeared, and it showed 5 conjoined stars.

"General of-?" All of the spartans, and Derpy, straitened up. Blaze frowned.

"That's why I don't like to pull rank. I want to be respected because of myself, not a rank."

He turned to Quin. "Are you Quin?" he asked.

"Yes, but how did you know?" She said. He smiled.

"I heard about it earlier,one of them addressed you by it. Anyways, are there defenses in this city that we can use?" She smiled.

"Yea, there is." Quin pulled out a remote and pushed a button. Suddenly, over 100 APDT's (automated point-defense turrets) deployed from panels on the floor. They appeared in a defensive grid around Canterlot. Close to the edge of Canterlot, near the castle, a massive tower rose from the ground, and a large cannon unfolded from the top.

"A Mass Driver. Nice touch, Quin." Blaze said.

"Wait. Why weren't these used against the changelings?!" A Royal Guard yelled.

"Because they weren't installed till just recently." Quin retorted, giving the pony a look that could petrify a basilisk.

The Phoenix Team formed up, along with Blaze, Quin, and the Commander.

"What's our status, Frostbite?" Derpy asked. He removed his helmet.

"Well, as I was chasing one of the enemy helicopters when a massive ship materialized out of nowhere. I left to come report immediately." Frostbite said. Blazeclaw nodded.

"That was a smart move, they would have easily overpowered you. Now, what's our plan?" Blaze asked.

"Ok, Terry." Quin said. "You will man the Mass Driver. JetFire and Frostbite, you two will be in the Claymore and Masamune 100. The rest of you, and all of the Royal Guard, will go to the cliff side. All unicorns need to know how to use energy beam blasts. Let's move!"

XXXX

All ponies and the calito Blazeclaw had moved into positions. The massive ship that Frostbite had talked about moved into view.

"A Shadow Corsair? This will be too easy." Blaze said. He raised his hand up into the air, and an orb of blue energy appeared in it. "Prepare to fire on my mark." All turrets, Unicorns, Spartans, and the Mass Driver aimed at the Shadow Corsair. He aimed his and at the enemy ship. "FIRE!" Blazeclaw yelled. Bullets, energy beams, and Mass Deriver slugs fired at the Shadow Corsair. Blaze blasted energy at the Corsair. At that moment hundreds of Shadow Fighters flew from the Corsair, towards Canterlot. The blasts hit the fighters, but never made it to the Corsair. Only Blazeclaw's blast and the Mass Driver slugs hit it.

A few of the fighters aimed missiles at Canterlot. They fired, and flew towards the castle. They made contact with Shining Armor's force field and detonated harmlessly.

XXXX

The Claymore dodged missiles and bullets. JetFire took out several of the fighters in a matter of minutes.

"Either this is a distraction, or we're just that good." He said over the com.

"~Blazeclaw to JetFire.~"

"I hear ya."

"~We need to concentrate our attacks to a single point on that Corsair. Got that?~"

"Yes, I do." JetFire charged the Claymore gauss cannon, and so did Frostbite with the Massmune 100.

XXXX

Back at Canterlot, Quin was repeating Blaze's order to the unicorns.

"We need to concentrate our attacks on a single point on that Corsair. Ready?" She said. They nodded. Blaze raised his hand up into the air again. A orb of energy materialized in his hand. It grew in size, and started to spiral in his hand. All of the APDT's, unicorns, and Mass Driver aimed at the Shadow Corsair again.

"On my mark!" Blaze yelled. He put his hand out towards the Corsair. For a moment, silence tool over. "FIRE!" Blaze yelled. The silence was broken by the sounds of the attacks. The attacks flew over the battle area, and all made contact on the port side of the Corsair. An explosion rippled through it, and panels on the starboard side were flung off. But after all of that, the Shadow Corsair still survived.

XXXX

Terry aimed the Mass Driver at the damaged Corsair. He powered it up, and fired a final slug it. It hit the command bridge, and blew half of the ship apart. It's fuel cells and power core detonated, and the whole Corsair exploded. The sky was light up for a minute, and the remains landed in the valley below. Terry sighed.

XXXX

The spartan team, Quin, Princess Celestia, the Commander, and Blazeclaw gathered up. Frostbite was holding a disc similar to what Blaze had earlier. It was displaying a mountain with a metal dome built into the side of it, with a few towers rising from the dome.

"What is that?" Princess Celestia asked. Frostbite nodded.

"I'm not sure yet, but whatever it is, it's been hidden from our radars until the Shadow Corsair attacked." He turned to Blazeclaw. "What's our plan of attack, sir?" Frostbite asked. Blaze sighed.

"Don't call me 'sir', call me Blazeclaw. Alright, listen up. Spartans S-358, S-813, Quin, and I will fly to the unknown enemy area and attack them. Is there a weak point?" Blaze asked. Frostbite scanned the hologram.

"Yes, there is. A small tunnel under the dome area leads strait into the structure. We could try to enter through there." Blaze nodded.

"But we're not trying, we're doing. The rest of the Spartans will protect the Princess while we're gone. Everyone understand?" They all nodded. "Good. We'll attack at dawn. Get ready, guys."