• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

A Calamity of Epic Proportions - AvalonAva



A terrible force was unleashed by Queen Chrysalis, but it was only found out later that it was a deceptive ploy for an even greater threat to Equestria

  • ...
4
 4
 730

The Powers of a Mystical Warrior

A Calamity of Epic Proportions

Chapter 9

The Powers of Mystical Warrior


Except Alice, all stared in awe at Blazeclaw's sudden transformation. He had a look of seriousness in his face.

"Are we just going to stand around here all day, or what?" Blazeclaw asked. Cursed readied his sword and charged at Blaze. He ran across the distance in just a few seconds and stabbed him with his sword.

But it didn't even break the skin. He jumped back.

"Chrysalis, attack him!" Cursed shouted. Queen Chrysalis lifted up her mech's left arm, and it turned into a cannon with surikens sticking out of it, similar to the needler. She fired the cannon, and hundreds of surikens flew out of it. They rushed passed Cursed and struck Blazeclaw. They simply bounced off of him, impacting against him harmlessly. Blaze smiled. "I'm sorry, did we start yet?" He asked. Cursed blinked, and Blaze had disappeared.

"Where did he go?" Cursed demanded. Someone tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around, and Blazeclaw punched him in the face. He stumbled and fell down, holding his face. "Damn, that hurt!" Cursed yelled as he tried to stand up. Blaze grabbed his arm, pulled him up, and drove his fist into Cursed's stomach. The punch winded him. At that moment Chrysalis had snuck behind Blaze, and pulled her mech's left arm back, in normal form, and aimed a punch at him. Just before it made contact Blazeclaw jumped up and landed behind Chrysalis. She, unable to stop since it was too late, smashed her fist into Cursed. Blaze held a sphere of blue energy and aimed it at the two.

"Hah!" Blaze yelled. A beam of blue energy jumped out from the sphere and launched itself after the two. It struck the mech in the back, and sent them flying. They stopped when they hit a mountain, and caused a new cave inside it. A sudden axe came around and struck Blaze in the face. He grabbed it, and swung around, hitting a dumbfound Alice with it. She was knocked back, but she quickly retaliated.

"Here, have some of these!" She yelled.

Two spheres of energy, one in each hand, and green, appeared. She threw them at Blaze, but he jumped up. The spheres curved upwards and followed him. Somehow Blaze managed to stay up in the air. He was suddenly surrounded with his flame aura and he shot off. The spheres followed behind, gaining on him. He climbed into the air, and burst through a cloud line. The spheres did a few seconds later. He dogged them as they attempted to hit him. Blaze dived, and went through the cloud line again. He picked up speed as he rushed towards the ground. Alice came into view. He approached her from behind. The spheres trailed behind, determined to hit him. He came closer to the unsuspecting Alice. He pulled up, and shot over her head, landing a few feet away from Alice. "How did-" Alice didn't get to finish her sentence. At that moment her spheres came from behind her and slammed into her back, and then they detonated. They caused the ground to crack and shatter, and created a small impact crater in the ground. Alice stood up slowly. "I have to admit, I didn't see that one coming." Something moved in the corner of Blaze's eye. Cursed and Chrysalis charged at him from both sides, weapons drawn and ready. But as Chrysalis got near Blaze, a blast of energy sent her flying off to the side. Frostbite appeared suddenly, in between Blaze and Cursed, some ice in his mech's body. He aimed his energy cannon at Cursed, and fired not energy, but what looked like a freeze ray.

"Fury Freeze!" Frostbite yelled. Cursed was suddenly engulfed by a miniature blizzard. He was left frozen, and from the left a blast of fire hit the frozen body, followed by a beam of energy. Cursed was sent flying off to the side, and landed near Alice.

"We've got your back, Blaze." JetFire said. Alice looked like she became furious.

"Take this!" She started to throw spheres of green energy. Hundreds of them. They hit them all, causing all but Blaze to be thrown back. The ones that hit Blaze caused him to be surrounded by dust. The ground was torn even more by the brutal attack. JetFire stood up, only to be knocked back down By Frostbite. Quin drove her sword into the ground, and managed to hold herself there.

"How can we stand up to this kind of power?" Frostbite asked. Quin was speechless. She swallowed, her throat feeling dry.

"I don't think we can. Our only hope is that Blazeclaw stops Alice from destroying us all." Quin said.

XXXX

The dust cleared, and Blazeclaw was still standing. Suddenly two beams of energy leaped towards him and hit, causing a sphere to surround him. Cursed and Queen Chrysalis put more energy into it this time, and the sphere doubled in size. Alice put both hands out towards the sphere, and blasted a beam of bright, roaring light. It hit, and the sphere tripled in size. It was eating the ground, and soon there was no ground underneath it, so the sphere rested a few feet in the air. But something unexpected happened. The sphere changed from bright white to a dark red. They stopped feeding it energy.

"What's happening?" Chrysalis asked. She looked from Cursed to Alice, both shrugging. The sphere them became surrounded by flames. Alice suddenly went ridged.

"Oh shit." She said quietly. Cursed looked up at her.

"Oh shit what?" He asked her. The ground suddenly shook violently. Rocks and rubble started to float into the air. Dark storm clouds gathered, and the battlefield became dark. Lightning hit the sphere, causing it to send of bolts of its own electricity.

"He's skipping over form V, going strait to X!" Alice yelled. The sphere disappeared in a flash, and Blazeclaw stood there, but different. He had no orange visor. His bulky armor was now smaller and more fit for an agile person like he is. The black bar-like wings became energy wings, blue like his energy swords. The swords also changed. The one on the right was longer on the bottom blade, and curved inward. The upper one was shorter and also curved inward. The one on the left was strait on both sides, and looked similar to a small railgun. A X now rested where the I was on his chest earlier.

"I'm through playing around. This ends now!" Blazeclaw yelled. He moved at an impossible speed. He got to Cursed first. He slashed upward with his right energy sword and uppercutted him into the air. Blaze jumped up and punched Cursed, sending him flying into the air. He then appeared at Chrysalis. He simply kicked her, making he soar into the air. He move in front of Alice. He deactivated his sword on the right and made a sphere of energy appear in his hand. He jammed his hand into her stomach area, and blasted her into he air. The three enemies collided in midair. Blaze aimed his left arm at the three. Energy charged up, and a brilliant bright blue beam of energy shot out of it, loosening an almighty roar. It rushed towards them with increasing speed. It hit, and kept going. The blast forced them out of the battlefield, and they disappeared into the distance. Blaze lowered his arm, and he returned to his normal state. He fell forward, and passed out. Silence gripped the valley once more.

XXXX

Blazeclaw awoke in the P.I.B. headquarter's infirmary. He had his eyes closed, listening to people talk.

"Even if he's a different race, no body of life should be able to control and sustain that much power. It's unimaginable!" A P.I.B. doctor was talking to someone.

"You weren't there, you didn't see it. It was mind blowing." Blaze heard Quin say.

"Yea, but he's even stronger than that." A new person said. Blazeclaw was confused by this newcomer. "When he was Blazris, no one could stop them."

"Them?" Quin asked. Blazeclaw decided to sit up.

"Ah, you're awake!" The doctor said. He checked some X-rays and dat. "You have a very resilient body. Any normal person would be crippled from the beating you received." The new person walked up to Blazeclaw. They wore all black armor, similar to human spartan armor, and a helmet that had a black visor instead of eye holes.

"Maelstrom." Blaze said. They nodded. "How did you get here?"

"Temporal displacement. I was leading an attack on one of the United Enemies fortresses when a rigged slip-space drive detonated and engulfed me, my team, all of my soldiers, and my cruiser, A Razor's Edge of Oblivion. We ended up.....here, in Equestria. We appeared shortly after your battle with Alice. After that, we destroyed the lingering Shadow Corsairs." Maelstrom said. Blaze got on his feet, and popped his neck.

"Well, any ideas on what to do next?" Blaze asked both Quin and Maelstrom.

"I don't know, really." Maelstrom said.

"Well, the Princess is holding a commemorating celebration tomorrow. It's honoring you, me, JetFire, and Frostbite." She said. Blaze nodded.

"Alright, then we better get ready for it." Blaze said. The three walked out of the infirmary, and headed for the command center.

XXXX

Alice stood alone, wearing a small headset.

"~So, Blazeclaw was sent here after the pseudo-world I created collapsed. How, after all the possible vectors to be sent to, he ended up here?~" Someone said in her mic.

"Fate picks it's favorites. Only by chance, I'd assume." Alice said. The person on the other side sighed.

"~I've also ran into the other one.~" They said. Alice clenched a fist.

"We'll have to watch our backs. Did you talk to the others?" She asked.

"~Yes, they agreed to join us. It's only a matter of time before they break out from their prisons.~" The person said.

"Yes sir." She said. The conversation ended. "And now it begins."