• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 729 Views, 4 Comments

A Calamity of Epic Proportions - AvalonAva



A terrible force was unleashed by Queen Chrysalis, but it was only found out later that it was a deceptive ploy for an even greater threat to Equestria

  • ...
4
 4
 729

The Battle for Canterlot: Part 1

A Calamity of Epic Proportions

Chapter 4

The Battle for Canterlot: Part 1


Havok picked up a pair of night vision binoculars. He looked out towards the Canterlot gates, and saw three more of those stealth ships and six others that looked like an Apache helicopter with two propellers, side by side. They were similar to the Falcon, but didn't have an open passenger cabin. The helicopters had an array of weapons ranging from missile launchers to machine guns.

"I hope we can hold them off." Havok said. He put away the binoculars and readied his sniper rifle.

XXXX

On the ground, Terry switched to his rocket launcher. He and five Royal Guards were positioned on the wall left of the gate.

"Who is this guy?" One guard asked another.

"Not sure, I haven't seen him around." the other said. Terry lifted up a booted hoof, pointed to where his eyes were behind the visor, and pointed out in front of them. The guards snapped to attention and kept their eyes forward.

XXXX

Dredd had been assigned to the right side of the wall with five other Royal Guards. They stood still, and silently, waiting for the attack. She was prepared for it. She'd welcome fate here...

XXXX

Emily had ten Royal guards position themselves right outside the gate, along with the two that were already guarding it. She switched her silenced SMG with her grenade launcher.

"~Spartans! We have company!~" Havok yelled over the com. The nine unidentified craft came closer to Canterlot. The spartans readied their defence. Terry fired a rocket, Emily shot a grenade at the enemy vehicles, Dredd fired her battle rifle at the propellers of the twin rotor helicopters, and Havok aimed for pilot cabins. They fired their volley. One dropship turned into a fireball from Terry's rocket. Dredd's battle rifle rounds tore at the propellers of a helicopter, causing it to crash into another one. Emily aimed her grenade launcher at the lead copter, and fired. It hit, and exploded, tearing a hole into the pilots cabin. It crashed moments later. A drioship was getting ready to let troops off when one of Havoks sniper rounds hit the pilot, and it spun out of control. The left side hit the ground, caused it to flip over, and landed on its back. It exploded two seconds later. Four of the copters and one dropship still remained. The copters rushed the the gates, but one was hit with a blast of blue energy. A second one met the same fate. Then a third, larger, energy blast hit the dropship. The three blossomed into bright flames and crashed into the ground. Emily looked to see who had helped, and saw the Claymore, Masamune, and Crucible Fire fly by. The Claymore set down, while the other two finished off the stragglers. JetFire jumped out of the Claymore and walked over to Emily.

"What's the status, Emily?" JetFire asked. She took her ODST helmet off and put it under her left leg.

"Well, we had intercepted an attempt at assassination on Princess Celestia, and then these guys showed up. They looks similar to Dr. Halsey's race, humans." The two walked over to one of the attackers, on the verge of death. JetFire crouched down by him.

"Who and what are you?" He asked the armored body. The person turned their head to him.

"Soul encased in shadow and anger. A Shadow Knight. Just one of billions under the command of our great leader, Deathshadow, who one day hopes to rule all of existence. Soon you all will be slaves for his greatness." The Shadow Knight fell limp, and his armor collapsed into individual pieces.

"What happened?" Emily asked. JetFire examined the like of armor.

"Either his body disintegrated, or he was a reanimated soul put in this body." JetFire said. Emily raised a brow.

"How could you tell from all that?" She asked. He smiled.

"We've been studying them, at least Frostbite and I have. Reports came from Halsey about a organized force bigger and stronger than the Covenant, called the United Enemies." as the two were talking, one dot the Shadow Knights slowly stood up. He unsheathed a sword, and ran towards JetFire. He turned around, and saw him coming. He rammed JetFire, and both of them rolled through the gates. The knight quickly stood up, and kicked JetFire. He retaliated by jumping onto his forelegs and kicking the knight in the chest with his hind legs. He fell back, and attempted to punch JetFire. He dogged, and windmill kicked the knight. He flipped back, ran to JetFire, and crashed into him.

XXXX

JetFire and the Shadow Knight kept running until they got to the edge of a cliff. They tumbled, and the knight fell off the edge. But as an attempt to avoid this fate, he grabbed one of JetFire's legs. They both slid off, but the spartan managed to hold onto the ledge, with the knight gripping his left hind leg tightly. He struggled to get up, but couldn't manage to.

"Wait, what am I doing? I'm a pegesus!" He launched high into the air. The knight had let go. JetFire put his front legs on the knights chest, and launched back down, covered with flames. The ground made contact, and the Shadow Knight was horribly smashed into the ground. He fell limp, and his armor collapsed into individual pieces. "Hmph. He was almost too good...I've go to watch my back." JetFire ran back to the gate.

XXXX

JetFire stopped near the Princess. "Do you know where Shining Armor is?" He asked. She looked around. She found him talking to another royal guard.

"Over there." She said. JetFire ran towards him.

"Shining Armor!" He yelled. The colt turned around.

"Yes?" he asked. JetFire stopped.

"You remember when Queen Chrysalis's changelings tried to swarm Canterlot, but were unable to get past your force field?" He nodded. "Good. Can you do it, like right now? Were going to need it." Shining Armor nodded. He charged the spell, fired a beam up into he sky, and suddenly, an explosion of light lit up the midnight sky. A spherical bubble surrounded the city of Canterlot.

A dozen vehicles rolled up a hill, and were about 1000 feet away from the Canterlot gates. Two of the twelve looked like UNSC cobras, while the others were tanks. The each had six big wheels, a main turret, and a machine gun turret. A Shadow Knight was standing on one of the tanks.

"Have the Vipers lock down, and aim at that city. Have the tanks fire rounds at the city as well." All of the tanks aimed at Canterlot. The Knight unsheathed his sword, and held it high. "On my command." he paused for a few seconds, then swiped his sword down. "FIRE!"

Loud booming sounds and high pitched pirrr! sounds echoed through the night air. The tank rounds hit Shining Armor's force field, and it held. The Viper rounds impacted the field, and it quivered. A sudden jet of flames came from the side of the far right tank, and crashed into it, smashing it into other tanks. The fire jet got under one of the tanks, shot up, flipped it over, and smashed it into the ground.

" Take them out JetFire!" Frostbite yelled. Someone walked up to his side.

"What do you mean? I'm right here." He said. The blue pegesus jumped.

"But then who is out there?" Frostbite asked JetFire.

A sudden plume of flame erupted under one of the Vipers, sending it flying. A second later a flame tornado picked up three of the tanks, threw them at random places, and disappeared. One of he tanks hi the force field and bounced off, landing nearby. The area where the tanks and Vipers were was coverd in thick smoke. An upright figure was walking out of the smoke, heading towards the city. They approached, and Quin first mistook them for a human. She looked again, and found that they looked like a tall cat. The person was wearing armor over all of their body, except for their head. They had orange colored fur, and green eyes. They stopped about 10 feet away from the gates.

"Who are you?" Princess Celestia demanded. The looked at her.

"Who am I? Who is a question to find out what a person is, and obviously I am a Calito, cat-like race. But you desire my name, don't you? You are in luck, for I will tell you. My name is Blazeclaw. I am a warrior for the United Allies. One of the strongest in existence. But my being must only mean one thing." Everyone was silent, intent on listening to this stranger.

"And what does that mean? " Frostbite asked. Blazeclaw looked at Frostbite.

"It means that the barriers between my world and yours are breaking, just like I has with others numerous times. But not this time. I won't allow it."