• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

A Calamity of Epic Proportions - AvalonAva



A terrible force was unleashed by Queen Chrysalis, but it was only found out later that it was a deceptive ploy for an even greater threat to Equestria

  • ...
4
 4
 730

The Ponies In Black (P.i.B.)

A Calamity of Epic Proportions

Chapter 2

The Ponies In Black (PiB)


The walls were lined with numerous amounts of technologies and weapons. The Railgun, Spartan Laser, Surpressor, and Scattershot were just a few of the arsenal. Several other ponies, many background ones like Lyra and Vinyl Scratch were working in the underground base, and all had black suits on. On a far wall, there was three jet-like vehicles. One was larger than the other two.

"What're those?" Twilight asked about the three. Quin walked towards them.

"The largest is called Crucible Fire." Quin replied. It was similar in structure to the civilian transports in halo reach (Level: New Alexandria), but smaller, had what appeared to be an energy cannon attached to its belly. It had two forward mounted chain guns, and one inside it's nose. "The other two are The Claymore and The Masamune 100." The other two were exactly the same, with two forward mounted chain guns, energy cannons on the end of each wing, and the cabin was an open canopy. A single, large gauss cannon was coming out of the nose of the fighters. Their only difference was that the Claymore had orange on the energy cannons, and the other had light-blue on its energy cannons. "The Claymore is specifically designed to be used by JetFire. The Masamune 100 is the same with Frostbite." Twilight closely examined the three technological marvels. All except JetFire, Frostbite, Quin, Celestia, and Twilight stayed by the three jets. The others were given tours by PIB scientists.

"How could you even get funds for this stuff?" Twilight asked. Princess Celestia smiled.

"They didn't actually believe that I needed 4,000 dollars on a hammer, 12,000 on a toilet seat, did they?" The group laughed. "But, in all seriousness, I personally funded this organization so that when a crisis emerged, they could easily help out." Twilight look confused.

"But then why didn't they stop Queen Chrysalis when she attacked?" Twilight asked. Quin sighed.

"We would have, but the spartans weren't ready for it. We still had to get the armor and weapons out of the final stage. By the time we were done, Cadence had already stopped her." JetFire straightened up.

"But, now that she's shown her face around here again, we get to have our chance at stopping her." He said, with a hint of excitement.

An alarm suddenly started to blare. Quin ran to a monitor, while the other PIB's went to computer stations. It showed a video feed of a harbor. The Wind, Water, and Electricity Elementals were shown entering the water. Electricity jumped into the air, same as Wind, and Water began to channel water into the air. In moments, a storm cloud started to form. it grew and grew, until it was at least a category 5 hurricane. The combined force moved out of the harbor, and headed towards Ponyville.

"Quin, send me out. I can take them." JetFire said. She looked at him, sternly.

"No. You won't stand a chance."

"That's what you said to me about Plant!"

"But that was one Elemental, and this is three. Plus, they've combined powers. I'm sending Frostbite, and that's my final say." Quin turned away from JetFire, and walked to Frostbite. "Frostbite, do you think that you can handle this?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. I'll try beyond my hardest." The Pegasus left them, and headed for the lift. He left within a few seconds. JetFire was upset about this.

"Why didn't you send JetFire?" Rainbowdash asked.

"Because, I have a theory." Quin said. A separate monitor showed the dark-blue Pegasus flying off towards the harbor's direction. "The only thing we can do is wait. If thing get bad, we'll send JetFire in the Claymore to assist."

XXXX

Frostbite landed on the end of the longest pier. A massive storm, similar to a hurricane, yet taller and larger.

"Wind, Water, and Electricity." He said to himself. The wind started to pick up. Water dropped out from the storm, but it's absence made no alterations to the storm. It moved towards Frostbite. It dived under the bay, and in a fem short seconds, a tsunami at least 100 feet high was launched at Frostbite. It roared as it rushed towards him. He jumped up, an shot into the wave. It slowed, and where he entered, it froze. The rest of the massive wave halted, and a tall, icy wall was now in between the shore and the Elementals. Frostbite shot out from the top, and landed on the frozen wave. Water emerged from the bay, literally steaming from anger.

"You spoiled my attack!" it shouted.

"Yes. I did what I deemed necessary to stop it. Now, you need to be taken out." Frostbite jumped into the air, and launched himself towards Water.

"Oh no you don't!" Water yelled. It slammed a arm into the water, and a liquid wall emerged. Frostbite hit the wall, passed through, and went strait to Water. Ice formed around his body, and he looked like a ice missile. frostbite hit Water, and it screamed. Water stumbled and bellowed, eventually collapsing onto the ice wall, and the beach. Water convulsed, fell still, and froze. Frostbite broke out of the frozen behemoth, and stepped out onto the beach. At that moment, a lightning bolt hit him. His Pegesus class MJOLNIR armor took the hit, but his shields were taken down. He was also slightly dazed from it. Frost shook his head, and looked back out to the bay. Wind and Electricity stood on the water, preparing to attack. Frost activated his com.

" S-813 to Alpha base, S-813 to Alpha base. I am in need of back up. Sent S-358 to rendezvous immediately." He waited for a response. For a minute, only static. He wondered if the lighting attack had fried his com.

"~S-358 to S-813. I'm on my way.~" (~= com voice) Frost looked back to the other two Elementals. They had begun to move in his direction. Frost quickly moved into the bay, just enough that his legs were cover half-way up. He froze parts of the water to be formed into ice spikes. At least a hundred were formed. Electricity blasted another bolt towards Frost, destroying the part of the frozen wave that was between him and the other two Elementals. With an upward motion, Frost launched the ice spikes at them. They gouged Wind, tearing holes and rips in it's b

ody, but they melted on contact with Electricity's body. Wind fell, defeated by the attack. Electricity lunged forward in anger and rage. It jumped up into the air, preparing to slam fists of electricity onto the pegasus, when a blast of energy, followed by two fire balls and a barrage of bullets, hit Electricity. The Elemental stumbled backwards and fell into the bay. Frostbite unleashed a fury of energy, so powerful that ice particles hovered just above his body. The water rapidly froze, and the two downed Elementals were frozen, just like their brother, Water. Frostbite walked out of the bay, and collapsed onto the beach, panting. He had never had to use his Soul Attack so furiously before. A jet-like craft landed on the ground next to him.

"Have fun there?" JetFire teased.

"Shut it, JetFire, and help me up." Jetfire helped a wobbly Frostbite to his feet.

"Here, get in the Claymore. I'll fly back to base." JetFire said. The two Spartan Pegasi left the harbor while PIB agents took controll of the scene.

XXXX

"Well, everything checks out. You're as fit as a fiddle, Frostbite. Just be careful out there in battle." The base medic said to Frostbite.

"I will, sir." He slid off the examining table, and left the medical bay.

JetFire walked up to Quin.

"Frostbite did one hell of a job out there." He said to here. She nodded.

"I agree. I think I'll send request to the commander for promotions for you both from Major to Lt. Colonel. You both well exceeded any of our expectations in combat." She said with some excitement. JetFire nodded.

"Thank you, Quin." JetFire said. Someone walked up to them from behind. "Hey, Frostbite. You all fixed up?" He asked. He nodded to him. Twilight walked up to the group of three.

"This place is amazing! I could learn so much from this place." She said.

"Yea, too bad we'll have to erase your memory after this." Quin said.

"Say what?" Applejack said from a few feet away.

"Just kidding, we don't do that." Quin smiled. Suddenly the lift began to descend. Everyone's attention moved to it.

"The Commander is here." Quin said. As it reached the bottom, a pony was revealed. They were a Pegasus, and wore a CQB MJOLNIR helmet with a black leather jacket bearing the PIB insignia, an eagle surrounded by a crescent, holding a rifle in the left talon, and a rose in the right. a five point star was in the background, and was the base for the patch. The lift stopped, and the person stepped off of it, heading strait for Quin, Twilight, and the two spartans. They stopped, and something about this pony was familiar to Twilight Sparkle. They had blond hair, and a grey pelt. The person removed the helmet, and it showed that they wore an eye patch over the left eye, it was black, and had a silver sheild with two crossed swords and an Elite skull on it. (the universal Halo symbol for legendary difficulty). The uncovered eye was amber colored. Everyone's jaw dropped, except for the PIB members, Quin, and the two Spartans. This was a pony Twilight least expected to be in a commanding position.

"Derpy Hooves?!" Twilight shouted. She nodded with Acknowledgment. "But how did you become-"

"-a commander? Well, it's because I'm the best undercover and covert operative in Equestria and possibly all history. I blended into the background, acting derpy, when in fact I'm a very intelligent pony." Quin walked up to Commander Hooves.

"We need to wake the other Spartans." She whispered to Derpy. "Something evil is at work here. I think the Elementals are just a ploy, a distraction." Derpy nodded.

"Permission granted." Quin and the two Spartans left.

Rainbowdash walked to Derpy.

"I thought Quin was in charge here." She said to Derpy.

"She may be when I'm gone, but I have the overall say in decisions." Commander Hooves replied.

"There are more of these spartans?" Rarity asked.

"Yes. We'll need all the force we can muster. A war is coming, and we have to be ready for it when it does."