• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

A Calamity of Epic Proportions - AvalonAva



A terrible force was unleashed by Queen Chrysalis, but it was only found out later that it was a deceptive ploy for an even greater threat to Equestria

  • ...
4
 4
 730

The Return of an Old Foe...

A Calamity of Epic Proportions

Chapter 10

The Return of an Old Foe...


Without one person, none of this would have happened. If he didn't hunger for power, and conquest, he would have not tainted Equestria with his presence. The war would not exist, and his family would still be together. Blazeclaw would have never met any of the ponies, and vice versa. Things would have been peaceful. But it did happen. He found ways around the barriers between dimensions, shattered them for his own personal gain. And because of his ignorance, the great war called Paradox Wars was kicked into full gear. There was already war within their own, but because of the barriers being destroyed, dimensions were engulfed by it. And with each new dimension, before it became one with theirs, he would strike a deal with the most evil and horrid villains and creatures that lived there. He created a deadly and destructive alliance called the United Enemies. This is how he enlisted Equestria's worst into his ranks.

XXXX (3 days before the Elementals' Breakout)

It was night. The stars twinkled like people flickering lights on and off. The cold air rushed past him, his cloak rippling in its wake. He flew through the air, moving fast. He passed over valleys and mountains, towns and forests. Rivers and lakes seemed like streams and ponds from his height. He slowed, and came to an eventual stop outside a dark cave. A slight green glow resonated from deeper in the cave. He walked it, unaware of any dangers that could be lurking around corners. The cave twisted and turned, raised and fell, and he entered a large room. In that room there were hundreds of changelings. One saw him come in, and hissed. Soon, all of their attention was on the unknown intruder. Someone else came into the room. They were a changeling, just taller.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my home?" Queen Chrysalis demanded. The stranger stood there. He wore a hood, so only his mouth was visible. "Well? Are you going to answer me?"

"Apologies, madam. I would introduce myself, but for safety purposes, I can't. Although, I have a proposition for you." He said slyly. Chrysalis frowned.

"What is your proposition?" she asked.

"You remember you defeat at Canterlot? How all of those pesky ponies foiled your plans?" He said. Chrysalis nodded. "Well, how would you like to get revenge?"

"How? I'm weaker than ever, and they have three alicorns with the most powerful magic in the world!" Chrysalis said, agitatedly.

"Heh, it'll take a hell of a lot more that simple magic to stop me. Even hell couldn't keep me at bay. Pity I had to kill Lucifer, he would've done well at my side. So, I ask again. What say you?" He asked. Chrysalis nodded. "Good, I'll send one of my people to help you. Her name is Alice. She'll be here in 2 days. I take my leave now." He turned around and walked back out of the cave. The night was still young. He jumped into the air and took off, back towards the way he came.

XXXX

After a few short minutes, he came up to Canterlot. The cloaked stranger landed inside a courtyard. Statues littered the place. Statues of mares and colts of old ages past, old foes, and heroes. He walked through the courtyard, looking and examining each and every one. Out of all of them, one stood out. It was the petrified form of Discord. He looked the same as before. The cloaked person raised and eyebrow.

"He's a villain here? Oh well, I've seen worse." He raised up his hand and pressed it against the statue. "Wales are not Barrie." He spoke softly. His entire body started to become blurred, and he turned into a black cloud. The cloud wrapped around the petrified Discord, and it then sank into it.

XXXX

Inside it was dark. He looked around, yet saw nothing. A bone-chilling laugh came from behind him, echoing throughout the dark void. Discord appeared behind him.

"What do we have here? Somepony who's lost." The cloaked stranger smiled.

"Oh, I'm not lost. I'm far from it, mon ami." He said cooly. Discord frowned.

"Then why would you be here?" Discord asked. He turned around to look at him.

"Do you want to escape your prison?" He asked. Discord scoffed.

"Only if I could. I need to be in here for a long time for this spell to weaken enough so I could break out. Or have three annoying fillies argue over my name near me." Discord said to the stranger.

"I have such ways to undo your bonds. The very reason how I'm here is because I've reached a certain level of power that not even a god could stop me. Only a spare few." The stranger flicked a coin at Discord. He caught it, and examined the metallic object. It had a Shadow Knight helmet on it, and sword and bow crossed on the other. "When the helmet's eyes glow red, rub your thumb around it three times." He said. Discord looked at him.

"You are strange. I like it." Discord said. The stranger nodded. He closed his eyes.

"Bonus norma." He uttered. He began to fade from view, and became a dark cloud again. The cloud dissipated.

XXXX

Back outside, the dark cloud oozed out of the Discord statue. The cloud collected into one place, and he returned to his natural state. He put his right index and middle fingertips on his forehead, the rest of his hand closed. His thoughts trailed off into the Canterlot Castle. His mind acted like a infrared camera, scanning the castle. He found a particular room that had a strong heat signature, but not the strongest. Satisfied that he had found the right room, his body completely disappeared.

XXXX

He appeared inside a bedroom. On the bed was a sleeping Princess Luna. He walked up to her. Luna's crown was on a bedside table, along with all of her other accessories. He stood over her, and watched the mare sleep. He bent over and put his hand on her forehead. He repeated the same thing he said earlier when he was in the courtyard.

"Wales are not barrie." He turned into a cloud, and went inside Luna's body.

XXXX

Inside Luna's sleeping mind, he saw nothing but Luna asleep in a corner. Someone walked up to him.

"An intruder? It is forbidden magic to invade one's mind!" Nightmare Moon shouted at him. Luna didn't wake. The cloaked strange smiled.

"I have a proposition for you if you'd listen instead of shout." He said. Nightmare looked at him scornfully.

"What is is, intruder?" She spat.

"A way to get out of here, be separate from Luna. I ask you to join me, and together with all of our allies, we can take over Equestria." He said to Nightmare. He pulled a small metal coin out, just like the one he gave Discord. He flicked it to her, and it landed beside her. "When you want to get out, rub your hoof around it three times." He closed his eyes. "Bonus norma."

XXXX

He reappeared inside Luna's room. He walked away from her, and opened a window. He turned back and looked at her.

"What a troubled young mind. But the more the merrier." He smiled. The stranger grabbed ahold of the edge of the window and pulled up, jumping out. He fell about 30 feet and landed on his feet. He landed on a small ledge, and underneath was the valley. He brushed some dust off his left shoulder. "Well that went off without a hitch." The hair on the back of his neck stood up. "Or not." He growled. He suddenly jumped up into the air, and a blast of energy hit where he was standing seconds ago. More blasts leaped towards him from an unknown attacker. He dogged them, and they made contact with the valley below. He landed on the ground. "I've been expecting you, Blazeclaw." The other landed behind him, and unsheathed a sword. "Wait. You're not-" The cloaked figure snapped around. The new person had long, black hair in a ponytail with two locks of hair in front of his face, blue eyes, a black shirt, light blue jean pants, and a black cape. They were probably in their twenties. His sword's sheath rested on his back. "How did you get here?" The stranger asked him. He looked at him with bitterness.

"Same way you did. But you cannot take this world. I won't allow it." The strange scoffed.

"Lyn, you are so foolish. You can't stop me."

"Can't hurt to try." He rushed at the cloaked figure and slashed at him with his sword. He dogged, and drew one of his own swords from a sheath on his belt. The blade was black. He blocked another slash from Lyn, and sparks were sent flying as the swords grinded against one another. The stranger brought up his elbow and swung at Lyn with it. He hit him in the head, and the swords separated. He aimed his hand at Lyn.

"Hah!" A blast of black energy hit Lyn, and sent him flying back. He moved as fast as light, and stopped above him. He put both hands down, and blasted a larger beam of black energy. Lyn looked up, and saw it come for him. He folded his arms over his chest, and tool the blow. It blew through the ground, and he was being forced underground.

XXXX

The ground above shattered, and Lyn fell out, and landed on his back. He had fallen into a large cavern, and there was a walkway that went off to the left. the bottom was dark. The stranger came out of the hole and landed next to him.

"Bastard. Where are we?" Lyn asked.

"Another psedo-world that I created." The stranger said. He took off running to the walkway to the left. Lyn jumped up to his feet and chased after him. The sound of running footsteps echoed throughout the cavern. As they ran, the walkway curved like a motionless drill head. They ran upwards, sideways, and upside down. The laws of physics didn't seem to apply here. Lynkept sending blasts of energy at the cloaked stranger. He dogged all of them, and turned around, still running.

"Is that the best you've got?" He stranger taunted. Lyn blasted a large beam of energy at him. Mr. Stranger slid down under it, and it harmlessly passed over him. The stranger slowly slid while the other ran towards him, unaware that he missed. The cloaked figure pushed himself upwards and kicked Lyn in the jaw, causing him to stop.

"Goddamnitsonofabitch!" He yelled out, holding the bottom part of his jaw. The stranger got up and pet running. Lyn followed suit. If this battle was watched by a spectator, they would be shown running strait upwards. The walkway ahead was going to turn into a tunnel. The stranger entered it, and jumped off to the right. Moments later, Lyn reached the entrance. He quickly looked at the tunnel. It was big, but it was three long corridors. Pillars speedster the three from each other. Lyn jumped to the left aisle and ran as fast as he could. He looked up ahead and saw a dim light. He ran fast, and soon saw the black cape of the stranger. He moved up further, and saw him across the corridor. He blasted energy at him, and the stranger did the same. The kept going at it for a few minutes. He looked ahead, and saw that the passage had ended, only allowing one person at a time. He ran through it, and landed on the ground. The hole was now underneath him. It closed, and it became quiet. And odd glass box surrounded him. What looked like sound waves were moving along the glass. They warped light, changing from every color imaginable.

"What is this?" Lyn asked himself. He slowly walked to one of the sides. He heard a quiet sound, kind of like music. He lifted a hand up, and slowly touched the glass wall. It shattered from contact. The whole glass box collapsed, and massive sound waves resonated throughout the room. The passed through him, unnerving the youth. They reverberated against the walls, and suddenly it all stopped. The light was caused by the waves, so now it was dark.

"Shadows won't hide you, I can still sense your energy." Lyn said. A snapping sound came from behind him. Small rays of light began rising from the floor at the edges of the room. The stranger drew one of his dark swords. He reached behind his back and gripped the handle of his sword, and quickly drew it. The stranger jumped at Lyn, blade ready. He slashed down at him, but the youth blocked it. Their blades collided many more times, causing the room to echo with the sounds of metal on metal. They broke away from each other, and Lyn jumped into the air. He flexed his arms backwards, and four beam of light at arched from his back and flew at the stranger. He aimed his hands towards him, and three outlines of five-pointed stars appeared in a row behind him.

"Armageddon Star Cannon!" Lynyelled. A sudden object appeared behind the stars, and It looked like a small quasar. It shot a beam of energy though the stars, and into his body. Then a larger, much louder beam blasted from his hands. The stranger smiled at this.

"Well, two can play at that game!" He clapped his hands, and put them together, wrist to wrist, aimed at the beam. "Shadow Death Beam!" A huge blast of dark energy emitted from his hands, and flew towards Lyn's beam. The air between the two sped up, and the heat rose in the cavern. They collided, and it sounded like two starships grinding against each other. Where they met, a sphere started to form. It kept growing from the energy building up. It was black on the stranger's side, and blue on Lyn's side. A line divided the two, going strait through the middle. Then they both slipped. A massive amount of force and energy was released, and an explosion took the room. The pseudo-world collapsed, and the two were forced out of it, and were both sent flying through the rock. Lyn shot out of the ground, flew a mile away, and smacked his head on a boulder. He passed out from the force of the contact. The stranger was flung in the other direction, smacked into a mountain, and was knocked unconscious. The battle, while sort lived, postponed doom for a few days.

XXXX

"Come on, Blazeclaw, we're about to start!" Quin yelled. He just finished tying his tie.

"I'm almost done!" He yelled back. She had insisted he wore something nice for the commemoration ceremony. Blaze tucked in his whited dress shirt, tightened his belt, and put a black dress jacket on. He looked in the mirror to check if be had everything right.

"Heh, I look like a James Bond." Blaze said to himself. He walked away from the mirror and exited the room. Quin stood there in a dress Rarity made for her, similar to what she made for Rainbowdash for the Grand Galloping Galla, except for it being rainbow it had black, purple, and gold.

"Hey hansom!" She said when she saw Blazeclaw.

"I'll take that as a yes that I did this right." He replied. Only they were dressed up, wear as Frostbite and JetFire wore their spartan armor.

"Are we ready?" JetFire asked. They all nodded. "Then let's go!"

XXXX

The four stood outside two large doors. They opened, and walked into Canterlot Castle's Great Hall (Same one where Cadence and Shining Armor got married). The whole city's residence's, and many more from the other towns and cities, we packed inside the Great Hall. Up ahead, at the end of the hall, was Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, Captain of the Guard Shining Armor, Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbowdash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and the rest of Phoenix team: Havok, Terry, Dredd, and Emily. The four walked down the hall, and all of the ponies cheered. They stopped in front of them all. The crowd went quiet, and Princess Celestia moved forward.

"We've all gathered here to recognize these thee ponies and hero for acts of loyalty, valor, righteousness," When she said that last one, she looked at Blazeclaw,"and pure bravery. They put their own lives in the line without us asking them to. They, are all true heroes." A pony walked up with a pillow on her back, and four medals rested on the pillow. Princess Celestia used her magic to levitate all four of them, and moved them towards the four heroes. She put them nobler their heads, and took her magic off of the medals. "Congratulations. I thank all of you for your actions." Every pony cheered. Some stomped their hooves on the ground to make clapping sounds. It was a happy moment. And it would be swell to end this here. But I must pull a Lemony Snicket and say that it isn't the end to all bad things, but just the beginning. I have to tell the rest of the story.

XXXX

A loud thunderclap sounded. It became quiet in the Great Hall, and it grew darker.

"Unnatural weather. This can't be a good sign, sister." Princess Luna said. Someone began to laugh. But it wasn't anyone in the room.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Princess Celestia yelled.

"Oh, you would like that, wouldn't you Celestia?" A fell voice echoed throughout the halls. "I can't show myself because I'm still imprisoned, but I can use my powers, so its only a matter of time." A sudden bolt of electricity shot through a window, yet didn't destroy it. He bolt hit Luna, and she went ridged. She fell to the side, and passed out.

"You've killed my sister!!!" Celestia yelled. A new voice was heard.

"She isn't dead, just knocked out." A dark, purple and blue cloud escaped from Luna, and flew down the hall, and shot through the doors, causing them to fly open. Blazeclaw turned around and chased after the cloud, and exited the hall. It turned a corner and went down a long hallway. Blazeclaw followed behind, in hot pursuit. It picked up speed, and Blaze sped up. It turned left this time, the right, down a staircase, and into the large entrance room. It smashed its way through the doors, and out into the courtyard. Up ahead, the cloud stopped, and Nightmare Moon formed out of the cloud.

"You don't give up, do you?" She asked Blaze. He stopped, and looked at her. Then a statue to her right began to spiderweb with cracks. Pieces fell of, and light shone out through holes. It started to move, and more of it fell out.

"Muhuhuhuhahahaha!" Someone laughed. The statue shattered, and Discord was freed. "Nightmare, we must flee! This one is too powerful for us to deal with!" He said to her. She nodded, and they both flew off.

"Oh no you don't!" Blazeclaw yelled. He jumped up into the air to chase after them, but a stasis field surrounded him, and he couldn't move. Blaze watched as the two flew away, and faded into the distance. Anger built up. "HAAAAAAAAAA!" The barrier shattered, and the clouds cleared. He landed on the ground. "So I guess the chase is on."