• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 1,863 Views, 36 Comments

Uncovering A Time Before - Fyrebird



An ancient secret will be uncovered Lyra and a team of friends.

  • ...
2
 36
 1,863

This Can't End Well

"Hurry!" Colgate yelled, looking back. Celestia's magic was doing too much, and it began to harm the old city. Fires were breaking out everywhere, and smoke rose from the city that was almost rising once again. The five mares weaved in and out debris and parked carriages, or, from what they had learned briefly in the library, cars. The sky began to darken.

"Come on Bon-Bon!" Lyra yelled, nudging her over a fallen electrical wire that somehow became live from Celestia's magic.

They were charging towards the highway, when the ground began to shake. More buildings and debris began to topple. They were soon running past falling and collapsing buildings of the ancients. Dust and ash began to fill the air. Breathing became difficult, and their eyes began burning from the fouled air. Poisons buried in the earth for centuries were thrown into the air as well.

"Run everpony! Run!!!" The other mares took off in panic as Bon-Bon struggled to get along, even with Lyra trying to help her. They could see still, but the dust kicked up from the earth's violent shaking impaired their vision, and they soon lost sight of their friends. The shaking soon stopped.

"Which way did they go!?" Lyra half screamed, half yelled.

"I don't know!" Bon-Bon yelled back.

Lyra tried searching around. She nudged Bon-Bon. "Just go this way, that highway is probably just ahead, come on!"
The couple struggled to run past the debris, rubble, and cars. Then, the shaking hit again, causing them to lose their balance. The tower block adjacent to them began to moan, and more cracks began to split its cement hide. "Bon-Bon! Hurry!"

The tower began to list to one side, and steel beams and cement debris began to fall. The shaking stopped just then, and the building didn't fall on them, but the decaying structure wouldn't hold for much longer.

Bon-Bon was running as fast she could through the rubble, but then, a steel beam, about the length of a carriage, broken on the ends, came down on her outstretched back left leg, pining her to the ground in an instant. Lyra screamed out, "BON-BON!!"

“Girls, wait!” Moondancer called out from behind the other two.

Colgate turned around. “What is it?”

“Where’s Lyra and Bon-Bon?”

“Oh shit,” Colgate said, dread filling her eyes.

“Keep going! We’ll bring the carriage to them and get the hell out of here!” Carrot Top yelled.

“Are you sure?” Colgate yelled.

“It’s the fastest way to get all of us out of here! Come on!”

Thus, they pressed on, through the smog and past all the wreckage of the city.
They kept an eye out for the Equestrian military as they sprinted down the highway. Car alarms wailed and lights flickered on and off, setting a tone for panic and chaos. Discord would have been pleased.

They continued their charge until, at long last, the faithful carriage that had served them like an obedient dog, never needing repair, never giving a fit, came into view. “Come on!” Carrot Top screamed.

The orange earth pony ran up to the TOFC’s metal hide and ripped open the door. “Hurry! Before somepony catches us!” She called out as she forcefully pushed the starter button. The other two threw open the doors and climbed in, and before they were even seated or the doors even closed, Carrot Top took off, tires squealing. Moondancer almost dropped her saddlebags that contained the artifacts, breathing out a sigh of relief when she expertly caught them.

“We shouldn’t have to go far, they should be close behind,” Moondancer commented, closing the door right before the carriage plowed through a fire.

“What if they got lost? We’d never find them in this place!” Colgate shouted.

“Shutup, nopony got lost, they’re just behind, that’s all,” Carrot Top said from the driver’s seat, although she didn’t sound sure.

She still pressed the big-wheeled carriage on, avoiding the countless ancient objects littering its way. She continued to push it at high speed and eagerly scanned the scenery looking for the two they had left behind. After a while though, a worried look settled on her face. Colgate and Moondancer were frowning as well.

“We must have missed them somehow. We should have seen them by now, look, there’s that library,” Moondancer said, pointing towards the glass building in the smog.

“Fuck,” Colgate said. “FUCK! What in the name of all things Equestrian do we do now?”

“I don’t know, maybe they’re just arou-” Carrot Top was cut off by a massive explosion that slammed the TOFC from behind, sending it end over end. The occupants were brutally beaten by physics’ laws as they were thrown about the cabin as the vehicle tumbled down the ancients’ highway. It eventually came to a rest on the barrier a few thousand hoof-lengths later in a sad heap of metal and magic leaking out in a white glow.

It had taken a beating, it had driven over Equestria’s toughest terrain, and never struggled and pressed on like the great and powerful machine it was. It was borrowed, sure, but it had served its purpose. It had protected its occupants and had never faltered as it took them on a wild ride throughout Equestria. It was sad to see the faithful machine finally beaten. But it had done everything, and had even saved the lives of all who were on board.

“Is everypony alright?” Carrot Top called out.

“Yeah, we’re fine, but I think our ride bought the farm,” Colgate answered.

“What do we do now?” Moondancer asked.

“Get out and see what the hell took us out.”

Carrot Top pushed the broken door of the totaled TOFC open, and struggled out.

“It’s not everyday wayward travelers in a restricted travel area get hit by a Marexican artillery because their actions would help start a crisis between countries and quite possibly overthrow all my reign stands for,” said Princess Celestia. She walked up to Carrot Top and the other two, who had just climbed out of the other side as the princess spoke.

“Consider yourself lucky that there’s newsponies over the hills surrounding this place, if they weren’t I would smite you three from the face of Equestria,” she whispered. “I’m feeling generous, however, so you three are under arrest.

Military pegasi and Royal Guard pegasi were coming into view, hauling prison carriages. “On the ground, hooves up! No talking!” an amplified voice called out.

“This was, don’t lie, inevitable,” Moondancer said, as she and her friends got down on to the ancient pavement.

“Bon-Bon! BON-BON!” Lyra screamed, running back to her companion.

“I can’t move!” she yelled back, trying to pry her leg out from the titanic beam.

“Just sit still, I’ll try lifting it up!” Lyra said, as she closed her eyes. Her horn began to glow a tan-yellow hue, so did the steel. It slowly was lifted off Bon-Bon’s mangled leg. She crawled away from the beam, and the moment she was clear Lyra stopped lifting it with magic and she ran towards Bon-Bon. “Are you alright?” she asked, worriedly. She helped her off the ground, but Bon-Bon cried out in pain.

“My leg!” she moaned.

Lyra looked at her lover’s left hind leg. It was mangled and twisted in a grotesque way, and a gash in it had begun bleeding. She pulled Bon-Bon close. “We’ll get out of here, I promise.”

“You’re not going to leave me to go get help?”

“I would never leave your side, no matter what,” she said, and then kissed Bon-Bon on her cheek. “Come on,” she said softly, “Let’s get going.” She put her foreleg around Bon-Bon’s shoulders and let the earth pony lean on her on her damaged left side. They then began to walk. Bon-Bon winced with every step, but carried on.

Lyra tried to see the sights of the ancient city around them, but kept finding herself looking at Bon-Bon. She began to feel a weird sense that maybe the city wasn’t her greatest achievement or goal. Sure, she had done it, but it didn’t feel like it was her finest moment. She kept looking at Bon-Bon, who was dealing with an immense amount of pain. Why does it feel like I can do better?

They walked in silence for a while, and then Bon-Bon broke it. “So you finally fulfilled your dreams, huh?” she said.

“What?”

“You’ve always wanted to see if humans were real, and here we are. In a re-living representation of where the once lived,” she said, motioning to the once great city around them. “All that’s left now is to show the world.”

She’s right, Lyra thought. But how come it doesn’t feel like I’ve really fulfilled my dreams? It doesn’t seem like this is what I really wanted to do. Then, she realized why it didn’t feel like a dream come true.

“You know what? It was great to do this, but I’m realizing that I haven’t been living a dream by doing this.”

“Hmmm?”

“I dragged us out here to do see something I’ve always believed in, but not my dream. I’m realizing now that wasn’t my dream.”

“Oh?”

“I’m realizing that just being with you is all my dreams come true.”

“Aww Lyra,” Bon-Bon replied sweetly, planting a kiss on the green unicorn’s forehead. “You’re so sweet.”

“I’m serious. I don’t feel like all this,” she said pointing around the smog laden city, “is what I want. I all I really wanted all along was you.”

“Aww,” Bon-Bon said, attempting to kiss Lyra, but she shrank back with a hiss, her injured leg twitching.

“Come on, let’s find some shelter,” Lyra said, coughing from the smog.

They continued to limp onwards, until Lyra pointed to an office building in good condition. “Come on, in there.”

They walked into the ancient corporate branch, where all the electric devices were slowly dying. Celestia’s magic was wearing off of the city. They ignored this, and walked until they found a hallway that, from what was left, was carpeted. Lyra carefully helped Bon-Bon lay down. Once safely settled, Lyra laid down next to her.

“Nopony will find us for a while, will they?”

“No, they probably won’t,” Lyra replied.

“That’s a problem, love.”

“Not really.”

“Oh?”

“I’m here, aren’t I?”

“Oh you silly filly,” she teased, nuzzling her head against the unicorn’s neck.

“Hey Bon-Bon?”

“Yes Lyra?”

“No matter what, no matter where, I love you.”

“I love you too,” she replied, moving in for a kiss.

Lyra responded, and their lips met. Bon-Bon was adventurous, adding tongue almost right away. Lyra was a bit taken aback by her marefriend’s second wind, if you will, and pushed back, careful not to bump Bon-Bon’s injured leg. Her forelegs were soon wrapped around her, pressing slowly on her lover’s shoulders and back. Then she shifted her weight in closer. Bon-Bon responded by twisting around into a more comfortable position, their lips still locked. They were wrapped in their love for a while, despite the fact they were on the floor of an ancient building in Celestia-knows where.

Abruptly, Bon-Bon mustered what strength she had left and pushed Lyra off of her. Panting, she said, “But seriously how the hell are we going to get home?”

“Doesn’t matter, as long I’m with you,” Lyra said, moving back in. But Bon-Bon stopped her.

“What’s that noise?”

“I don’t hear anyth- wait…” she caught herself, hearing shuffling and shouts from outside.

“COME OUT WITH YOUR HOOVES IN CLEAR SIGHT! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!” a colt’s voice boomed through a megaphone. “YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!”

“Dammit,” Lyra said.

Comments ( 7 )

Yuo gonna show twilights reaction to this?

♫♥I look forward to reading what happens next in your story♥♪

All that is bad is that this chapter seems... Short?

Go Lyra! Find something hidden and turn into Human!!

Indeed. The slaughter would be most epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUpvjiBpTjY&feature=relmfu
These will be the weapons of Ragnarok that they shall face.
They will all be terminated in Hellfire and Oblivion!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEOpr2jai9c

Do you plan on continuing? I was having a blast! :fluttercry:

did... did you quit? :fluttershysad:

Aye... Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Login or register to comment