• Published 10th May 2023
  • 273 Views, 11 Comments

Dinky's Favorite Toy - TheKing2001

  • ...
1
 11
 273

Chapter II

“Wow! You have a nice house!” I exclaimed as I looked around my new house. I wasn’t going to say this, but it didn’t seem fair for some ponies to have more money and nicer things than others. It would make moms life a lot easier if she had more money, bills suck. I act like I don’t know we are broke and that’s why mom has to work constantly to make ends meet. Plus my ex sister has a full time job too.

“Heh, thanks kid,” Minuette chuckled. She settled onto the couch and I jumped up next on her lap, nuzzling her.

“Thanks for becoming my new sister. I always liked you the most out of my sisters friends,” I grinned as she nuzzled me back. She raised a surprised eyebrow.

“Really? Why?”

“Because you’re really kind and funny! You laugh at my jokes, you think I’m funny, you play with me if you’re not super busy, you levitate me around. Need I continue?”

“I like fillies and foals. Plus, you’re super cute and fun to be around,” Minuette smiled.

“Thanks,” I turned red at the compliment. Minuette sighed and stroked my mane.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Go ahead sis,” I grinned.

“Are you really that mad at Amethyst? She wouldn’t have done it intentionally, you know that right?” Minuette sighed.

“I don’t know. And yes I’m that mad. Daddy gave me that train when I was a foal mom said. It meant a lot to me. She probably just threw it away.”

“She wouldn’t do that. Why do you think that, Dinky?”

“Maybe she would. I’m loud, annoying at times and can be messy. At least I can cook,” I giggled and Minuette gave a laugh.

“I’ll give you that. Amethyst can’t cook! You aren’t annoying, don’t think that,” Minuette sighed again. “Just give her a chance. You don’t have to right now, but in the future you can. You both were angry and said things that went over the line. She shouldn’t have brought up your dad being gone like that. Sure you shouldn’t have said the adoption line but you’re a filly. She’s a grown mare, like me, Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine.”

“That hurt me,” I sniffed and shoved my face into her mane. “She’s a meanie. I chose you to replace her.”

“I know,” Minuette levitated some tissues over to us and set them next to me.

“Wish I could do that,” I grunted. “Amethyst said she would teach me how to get better at levitating and maybe even teleporting but she hasn’t. She lied. Lying is bad mommy says.”

“She has a full time job. And I know you know, we all do. Once she gets some spare time, she will show you. Heck, maybe I can show you.” I gave a smirk.

“Is that all you can show me?” I leaned in close and whispered in her ear. She turned bright red.

“Uh maybe. Amethyst might not like that.”

“It would be amazing!”

“Fine,” Minuette grinned. I clapped my hooves eagerly. I’m so gonna get back at Amethyst. But she still won’t be my sister, not after last night. I didn’t get much an opportunity to explore the new house because I passed out on the floor and Minuette had to carry me to bed. It’s a small house, a big clock and a few degrees on the wall. It’s a very pretty blue and white. I yawned and Minuette smirked.

“Somepony is tired,” Minuette teased. “Can you make it up the stairs?” I nodded and crawled off her lap and started to climb up the stairs. I slipped into the spare bedroom and crawled into the bed.

“Want a story?” Minuette smiled as she sat on the edge of the bed.

“Yes please,” I smiled. I loved story time but it hadn’t happened in awhile. I just assumed Amethyst got bored of me.

“This is the story of the three bears,” Minuette began her story. She was a good story teller, she remembered them all from memory. l slipped in and out of consciousness as she told the story.

“Goodnight Dinky,” Minuette shut the light off and trotted out the room.

“Night sis.”

---------------------‐---‐------------‐-‐--------------------

I woke up with a start to something hitting my window and the rain hitting the house. The thunder boomed and a flash of lightning exploded across the sky, revealing what was hitting my window. It was a scary looking tree branch with a ponies legs hanging from it. The face of the pony looked in and I screamed.

“You killed me,” Amethyst mumbled as she stared at me with lifeless eyes. “You said you hated me.” The window opened and she started to crawl in. I hid under the sheets right as she jumped on me. I shot up in bed, panting, awake for real this time. I gave a sigh when I realized if was just a nightmare and noticed the sweat soaked sheets. The light turned on and Minuette came running into the room. There was no rain or storm or anything out side, just pitch black.

“Dinky! Are you okay?” Minuette jumped on the bed and hugged me. “I heard screaming.” She started rocking me back and forth.

“I had a nightmare. Amethyst was hanging from the tree, saying I killed her. The window opened and she crawled in on her back and jumped on me and attacked me!” I sobbed into her mane.

“It was just a bad dream,” Minuette cooed. “Breath in and out.” I slowly started doing so and she smiled. “Do you wanna sleep in my bed tonight?” I nodded slowly.

“Yes please.” She nodded and slipped off the bed, placing me on her back with her magic and trotting to her room. It was much bigger than mine but I didn’t care. She placed me on the bed under the sheets and crawled in, wrapping her hooves around me.

“Feel better?” She smiled tiredly and I felt bad. I must have woken her.

“Yes sis,” I mumbled as my eyes felt heavy. “Love you.”

“Love you too.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

I rocked back and forth in my bed, holding Dinky’s broken wood train.

“I really screwed this one up,” I sniffed and wiped my nose. Mom sighed and wrapped a grey wing around me slowly.

“You both went too far with both of you hitting way below the belt. It was uncalled for her to speak to you that way, but you shouldn’t have brought up her dad. You’re older than her,” Mom swapped out the tissue boxes.

“I know,” I stared at the train. “She said she hates me.” Mom instantly scooted closer to me.

“She doesn’t hate you. Ponies say things they don’t mean when they are angry like she was. She loves you.”

“I hope so,” I grumbled.

“Do you want to sleep with me tonight?” Mom suggested. I hadn’t slept in my mom’s bed in years but it did sound appealing.

“Yes please.”

Comments ( 6 )

Cute. Though, bit of a creepy dream for a filly

And fim is on the fritz, did not inform about this Update

11581511
Nightmares don't discriminate on age lol trust me I know personally

11581594
I know, just surprised me with the tree itself

Login or register to comment