• Published 7th Feb 2023
  • 260 Views, 4 Comments

Night at the Mall - Wheezyandbreezy



Three friends receive some unasked for self improvement.

  • ...
 4
 260

You got a little something right there.

The mall opened at ten in the morning. The steel grates in front of the shops rattled open simultaneously. A woman in a hot pink tank top unlocked the doors to the gym and strolled casually to the utility closet to begin her daily cleaning routine. She didn't notice the utterly exhausted girl limping out of the gym, she only noticed that one of the treadmills was absolutely soaked, and an empty styrofoam cup.

Twilight stumbled disoriented out of the music store with a ringing in her ears and the worst headache of her life. She staggered out the door past the dumbfounded opening employee, completely unaware of his questions and protests at his destroyed shop. She was on a course to stumble straight over the railing until her arm was suddenly seized. She popped her head up to look at who was grabbing her and noticed it was a very concerned young man.

She gawked when she realized that she could see his mouth moving, but couldn't hear a word he was saying. She held her head and said in a voice more appropriate for a metal concert, "YE GODS! I'VE SUFFERED DAMAGE TO MY EAR DRUMS!" The man looked at her as she spoke and a thoughtful look came into his face. She was almost on the verge of tears until she saw him point to her, place his curved hand to his head, twirled his hands in an l shape in front of him, then wave his l shaped hands in waves away from himself.

Twilight, still distraught by her situation, reflexatorily waved her balled fist in response. She was about to walk away until she realized with some shock, that she had just been asked if she understood sign language, and had responded. She turned a shocked face to the relieved young man who was smiling at her. He signaled that he was glad she was alright. She got almost nose to nose with him and excitedly asked out loud, "ARE YOU DEAF?!"

The man made a pained expression and waved his balled fist no. He pointed to a device hanging from his ear. She gasped, "YOU HAVE A COCHLEAR IMPLANT!" He winced again and smiled, shaking out his long brown hair. He signaled that she was shouting very loud, and Twilight blushed. "OH SO." She blushed an even deeper red and the two laughed. She carefully spoke in a controlled tone. "Sorry. I just lost my hearing last night."

The man raised an eyebrow and asked with his hands why she knew sign language. The book worm smiled broadly. "I've been reading a book about deaf culture in this book. . . Uhmm, where is it? There!" She had reached in vain to her side to find her book bag, and realized it was still sitting where she'd left it last night by the bench. "It's all so fascinating! Would you mind telling me more about yourself?" The man chuckled again and Twilight raised an eyebrow. He signed that it wouldn't do much good for him to talk in her situation. Twilight blushed again and the two shared a laugh.

Applejack stumbled stiffly out of the department store on unsteady legs. She'd had to stand in the same position for eight hours straight, and on top of that she was unskilled at walking in heels. Just before she could tumble all the way over a soft hand shot out to help her up. "I must say!" Said the stylish young man from the previous day. "That bag looks even better on you when paired with the belt and sunglasses! Tell me, would you like to go and."

"Like! As if! Gag me with a spoon! It's called a gym, ever heard of it?" Applejack said reflexatorily as she shoved him away. She realized what had just come out of her head and gasped. "Ew! My voice is all grody!" She clung to the railing and shuffled away as fast as she could. She had no idea where the damned mannequins had flung her clothes, and she just wanted to get home without embarrassing herself too deeply.

As she shuffled along suddenly a paper white hand met hers on the railing. She looked up and gasped to see a pair of blue eyes staring back into hers. It was Rarity, but it didn't look like Rarity. "OH EM GEE girl! You been working out? You look fierce!"

Rarity didn't respond right away. Her other hand was held over her mouth with shock. She saw the parallel clusters of color drawing the eye and clearly observed the work of a master. "Applejack you look. . . Hot!" She said, finding no other word being accurate. "The gold on the periphery, then the white, then the pink and the. . ." She had to stop when her eyes traced the thin silver line down the girl's long neck leading to her well supported bust. "I always said you'd be rather fetching if you just took the time but this is. . . This is just. . . Dayum!"

Applejack had to turn her face away with a deep blush. Even though she was mortified by the outfit, and much more how she came to be wearing it, this outpouring of compliments was more than she could handle. "Well what about you! I'm so jelly of your butt! Look at all that junk inside that trunk! Work it girl!" She realized that she was staring and her eyes shot to her friend's face. They both realized simultaneously that they'd been ogling each other.

"You wanna go see a movie?" They asked in perfect unison. They both chuckled and turned towards the mall's movie theater and both felt their legs give out from under them. They clung to each other for support and their cheeks flushed crimson.

"Eh heh heh. Sorry Rares. These heels are new." Applejack chuckled.

"Yes! I'm a bit winded from the treadmill. Ahem. Yes." Rarity said, not being able to make eye contact. Neither made a move to release their hold on the other. They slowly shuffled arm in arm towards the theater, Rarity surreptitiously feeling Applejack's bust pressed against her arm, Applejack surreptitiously feeling up Rarity's sculpted arm muscle. Twilight and the rather handsome young man signed and laughed for hours until he pointed at the two girls who had been trying to get the book worms attention for several seconds.

Twilight turned and eyed the two with mild confusion, but answered in a friendly, if not slightly too loud voice. "Yes! How can I help you?!" They spoke and seemed vaguely familiar, but all she could hear was the dull ring in her ears. She looked back to the young man who signaled that they said they were her friends. She snapped her face back and gawked at the extreme change both had undergone. "APPLEJACK! RARITY! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! AND. . ." She had to stop and giggle behind her hand. "WHAT'S THAT ALL OVER YOUR FACE?!"

Rarity raised an eyebrow and looked in the reflection of the plate glass and her face went pale. All over her mouth, chin, and neck, were big bold pink lip prints. She snatched a napkin off of the table Twilight had been sitting at and rubbed it violently all over her face. "Well, we've been up all night so let's blow this joint." Applejack said blushing.

Twilight looked to her impromptu translator and he explained what they wanted. "Oh! Uhm, sorry girls, Thomas here has invited me to see a subtitled movie, but you can go on without me." A light came into her face. "Say! We never finished our experiment. Looks like both of you lose."

Both the valley girl and the gym rat frowned at this. "Excuse you! We both did happen to be asked to a film thank you!" Rarity said in a huff.

"Yeah!. . . It just happened to be by each other." Applejack confirmed.

"Buuuuut!" Twilight said teasingly after Thomas had translated. "Not by a boy! So looks like you get a makeover Applejack! And you get to work out Rarity!" She grinned again. "Though it looks like you've already gotten started."

Rarity blushed and looked away mumbling, "Well, you know, a lady has to maintain her figure."

"And I guess I wouldn't mind a few beauty tips." Applejack said. The two girls hands stealthily felt for each other and met behind their backs.

Comments ( 4 )

Nice work! I think you could improve how applejack talks a little. Btw thats advice from a southerner. Y’all want some lessons on how to sound country, just lemme know. Anyhow improve how applejack talks and ya got yer self a perfect story. You nailed twilight and Rarity however. So 7/10 story.

Yes, I usually have fun writing out Applejack's vocabulary phonetically, (see boundaries) but I toned it down this time.

Can you make a sequel for story with more transformation.

So how long till twilight have her hearings back?

Login or register to comment