• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 3,041 Views, 248 Comments

The Recluse - Live Light



Lone Light, a pegasus hermit, is about to be brought back into the world of socializing.

  • ...
6
 248
 3,041

Chapter 19: Unorthodox

Light and Twilight (I just noticed, her first name is my surname with a Twi at the start. Hah) were trotting over to Bon-Bon's house. Light had agreed to help Lyra with her slight obsession. Although, he's a bit confused why he was asked to. Twilight's the expert on brainy things. I am the expert on being a sidekick. Pinkie's the real expert on parties. She's awesome.

He took the time to look at his watch, which is something he hadn't done in a while. Although it seemed uninteresting to others, he rather liked the watch. It's a good watch. A really good watch. It has hands... technically. It ticks. It's saved his life more times than others can imagine. He fought a floating eyeball with it once. In a dream. And the Bunny Stallion, who he'd imagine was Patrick Batemane in real life. Also, in a dream. ...Is there anything it's done to save my life in real life? ...Well... ...It stopped me from being late... and helped me be late to a psychotic killer dentist... no wait, that's also a dream...




"We're here." Twilight said.

"Ah. Well then... let's not waste time, let's get this over and done with." Light replied enthusiastically.

Twilight nodded, and knocked on the door. In a matter of seconds, Bon Bon answered the door.

"Oh, hello, Twilight and-" Bon Bon looked to Light, who she hasn't been told the name of, but her real reason for pausing was being a bit surprised. She wasn't really expecting a stallion wearing a black hooded cloak. Nopony noticed that surprise.

"Err, my name is Live Light. Just... call me Light."

"Oh. Sure. Hi, Light. Err... you may both come in." And they did so.

Light looked around the house. It was well taken care of. On the wall, there were a few pictures of Bon Bon and a mint green unicorn. Some of them, both of them were smiling, others, one of them, the other had either an annoyed expression or a forced grin.

"You have a nice house, miss Bon Bon." Light remarked..

"Thank you. And call me Bon." She said with a smile.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, because with others, she'd usually be called Bon Bon, rather than nicknames. Maybe Lyra's softened her a bit, Twilight guessed.

They walked upstairs, to the floor Lyra spends most of her time in. The door was wooden, but had been painted mint green and white, a bit like her colour scheme. There was a sign on the door which read, 'Testing conspiracies. Knock, please,' also in mint green handwriting, in a white background.

"Okay then," Bon Bon began, "You ready for this, you two?"

"Yes. Yes we are." Light said.

"Alright... I'll let you get to it..." Bon Bon replied, before walking back downstairs.

Light inhaled, and exhaled. He knocked on the door. About five seconds later, the mint green unicorn from the picture opened the door. Nothing about her seemed off at all.

"Oh. Uh... hi, Twilight. And err... ...Sorry, I don't think I know you." She said, upon seeing Light.

"Hi, Lyra. And err... this is Live Light," Twilight explained.

"Oh. Right. Hi... Light." Lyra said apprehensively.

Err... why is this awkward... err... say something that makes sense in this situation... and err... make it original.

"'Sup." Light simply said. Err... that's not very original, but okay.

Lyra looked around. "Well, err... come on in." She said, and walked back into her room, with the studious unicorn and the Blue Menace following.

After 5 seconds of looking around the room, he was starting to doubt his need to come here. There was hardly anything that pointed to her being obsessive about bipedal apes. In fact, it looked rather well taken care of. Most of it was mint green, like her, including the couch, chairs, floor, ceiling, walls, and that table with all the computers and research papers and posters of near hairless apes. ...No wait hold on what?

He looked over there, and there was a small workspace, with posters of humans neatly placed around it, along with a bunch of papers presumably about humans, and a computer, which, currently, was on standby. You know... she's not as obsessive as I thought, if I'm honest.


"Hm. Nice workspace." Light remarked.

"Ah, shaddap... I'm working on a hunch, and I'm really sure about this."

"How sure?"

"Dead sure."

"Dead sure from working on a hunch?"

"Dead sure."

"Dead sure?"

"Dead. Sure."

"...Cool. Can I see some research?"

"Sure."

Lyra walked over to the computer and pressed the standby button to start up the computer. Light took the time to look at the research paper. He was expecting scrawled up and brutalised writing. But it looked like it could be in Wikipedia. It explained theories about the biology and anatomy of human beings. Seems legit.

Lyra tapped him on the shoulder with her hoof. Light looked up from the research and looked at the computer screen. It seemed that she wasn't the only one who believed in humans.

"Lyra. Any theories you have about humans since we see NONE at all?" Light asked.

"I have a lot of theories, and most of them, I've disregarded, as they were flawed. I will, however, share with you, a few."

"Alrighty then... tell me your theories."

"Well... what if... Humans lived more than a thousand years ago... but they were banished to the moon, by Celestia? From what we know, the humans could have populated our world along with us, but they betrayed a sort of trust, o-or tried to take Equestria for themselves?"

This theory... I cannot prove wrong.

"And... any others?" Light curiously inquired.

"Well... perhaps... humans exist... somewhere. Not in Equestria... somewhere else..."

"Another planet, you mean?"

"No. While they're a different species, and would be considered alien, I can't just say, 'Aliens did it.' I mean, sure, maybe they did, but it seems unlikely... but maybe... just maybe... they live in another universe. We have nothing to prove, and we don't have anything to disprove. The multiverse theory is perfectly possible. You just need somepony willing to believe, and somepony to test the theory."

...How the hay. I don't even. I. Wh- no evidence for and against, right enough... ...Well... I'd like to share my opinion on this... by myself.

Light went and whispered to Twilight while Lyra was searching for something else on the internet to open up.

"Twilight, you mind if I speak to her by myself?"

"Why?"

"Just trust me on this... I know what I'm doing."

Twilight stood for a moment to give it a think. She then just nodded and walked out to have a chat with Bon Bon while she waited for Light to finish speaking to Lyra.

Lyra looked a bit puzzled at Twilight leaving, and looked to Light. "Err... what's going on?"

Light held a hoof up, signalling for her to wait a moment, he reached into his cloak, and pulled out glasses that look like they'd belong to an old stallion. This was part of his 'honest psychiatrist' routine.

"Well, Lyra, I'd like to ask you a few questions, about your fascination in humans. Not really about why you achieved it... just about how it's affected you."

"...Okay...?" Lyra was beyond confusion. The reason why Light didn't want to ask about why she started believing it, because, the honest psychiatrist doesn't press on matters too personal.

"Now... what do the non-believers think about this?" He asked honestly.

"Well... ... ... They think it's a bit... strange... that I believe in creatures such as humans... I mean... it's a feeling I have about it..."

"I see. Anything they've done to try and do something about it?"

"I... ...they keep 'joking' about getting me institutionalized... like I'm obsessed... I've had this feeling since I was a filly... that we weren't alone in any reach of existence... that's all... I wish they wouldn't say things like that..."

And now, I take off the glasses, and reveal how I can relate to her. Routine. He takes the glasses off, and puts them back in the cloak's pocket. I really need to get a jacket instead. He walks a bit closer to her.

"I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, okay?"

"...Sure..."




"In a way... I know how you feel. When I was a young colt, I listened a bit too much to what my friends said. They talked about a sort of urban legend. He travels the Everfree Forest, as all usually clichéd monsters do, and usually, seeing him once has sealed your fate, whether you escape him or not. He looks like a pony... maybe he was once... but it's hard to think of him as one, anymore. He's extremely tall. There are sort of... tentacles, coming out of his back, his cutie mark is a circle with an X through it, and he wears a suit. What ponies remember most of him is his face. Of his lack of one. He is Slender-Mane. ...Although, I think that was a poor name, he doesn't even have a mane..."

"Anyway, my point is..." Light continued, "I know what it's like to feel alienated just because you believe in something. I believed in it for a while myself. ...well, still do, but anyway. Just know that whatever you believe in, it's your belief. You wanna know what I think? I think you should continue your research. It's very convincing. Don't let others make you feel bad just because they don't believe in it like you do. Believe in yourself." Light concluded. Not too bad if I don't say so mys- Oh, okay, better than not bad.

Light was surprised to get a big hug from Lyra. He felt as if he was in the grasp of an understanding boa constrictor.

"Thank you, Light... this means a lot to me..." She whispered.

"No problem, I guess..."

"Oh, by the way... I didn't believe in Slender-Mane, but I still thinks he's creepy." Lyra added.

"Thanks, Lyra."

-----

Light trotted downstairs, and into the living room. Twilight and Bon Bon looked to him.

"How did it go?" Bon Bon asked.

"Let's just say..." Light began, "Ponyville should learn to understand one's beliefs, if it hasn't already. She isn't going to be giving up any time soon, and really, that's the way things should be. Have you been in there, Bon Bon?"

"Well... not really, there hasn't been a need for me to go in there."

"Yeah, she's not as obsessive as you think. Seems more like a passing hobby to me."

"So... she still believes... but she's stable?"

"Yeah."

"...Well, she's stable, so... I don't have a problem."

"Cool. Glad I could help, Miss Bon Bon." Light nodded politely.

"Not a problem, Light. And remember. Call me Bon." She replied.

Twilight thought a bit about that... before Light interrupted her train of thought. She hates when that happens.

"Well! I'll be off now. See ya Bon, see ya, Twilight." Light said, as he walked out of the room, into the entrance hall, and opened the door to leave. Time to get some Flutter-cuddles.

When he opened the door, he was surprised to see Kane and Able... and... for some reason... Ruthless Rufus.



...Manure's gonna go down...

_______________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTES

So. That's the Lyra episode done. Tell me if you thought she was over-obsessive. If so, I'm sorry. If not, awesome.

I was a bit confused about how to go about this, but I eventually managed to think about it. So yeah.

Because I like forth wall breakage, I'm going to break the forth wall and let what lies behind it into your house. You'll thank me later.

Lulz.

I'm leaving you now.

'No.'

Okaybye