• Published 24th Sep 2012
  • 3,038 Views, 248 Comments

The Recluse - Live Light



Lone Light, a pegasus hermit, is about to be brought back into the world of socializing.

  • ...
6
 248
 3,038

Chapter 28: Ridiculous

The Recluse






Chapter 28

_________________________________________________________________

Light looked to his creations in confusion, as did Fluttershy and the bunnies. Deathelocke was wearing his blue and black spandex suit, shades, caped tactical vest, blue leg-bands, black boots and scythe-tail, and also a stetson, which Light hadn't originally added in the novel. Leeroy was wearing a sort of black tuxedo, with bat wings and a sort of horn that stabbed out of a demonic helmet he was wearing. Because both Deathelocke and Leeroy's faces were concealed, it was a bit hard to tell what they were thinking, and how they felt.

"Oh, so there's nothing on my face, except my helmet. Nice." Leeroy said, before adding with an irritated air, "I'm still a horse..."

"You're a horse? Wh-" Deathelocke began, "Wait... I'm a horse too... AAAAUUGH!"

"Deathelocke..." Light began, "I wrote you as a pony, remember?"

"I USED TO HAVE FINGERS AND TOES!" He hysterically yelled back, "AND NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME!"

'Why'd he write crazy people in his novel?' Angel asked. 'No-one likes to be bombarded with the lives of the mentally insane.'

'I wish I'd brought a camera,' Miss Rabbit merely said.

"...Aren't fingers and toes human appendages?" Light asked. "I didn't write you as a human."

"In some dying MMORPG you did!" Deathelocke responded, "But then that started dying and you needed something to do, probably, and so you thought, 'I'll share this idea of a story with other people,' and BAM, people read it, and then for some reason, you put in your other characters, including that annoying demonic guy, and me as well! WE USED TO BE SO HANDSOME! NOW OUR HORMONES ARE GONNA CHANGE!"

"You mean like that other fic that Author wr-" Leeroy began,

"YES, OF COURSE." Deathelocke yelled. "Now... shush... we need to make more sense."

"...But I'm a Lord of Madness... I'm not supposed to make sense..." Leeroy replied, with mock-sadness.

"I don't care, do something threatening."

"Okay."

And with that, Leeroy teleported in front of Light and punched him in the face, cackling maniacally as he fell to the ground. Fluttershy rushed to his side.

"There..." Leeroy said, "I did a threatening thing... I'm gonna go mess with Space-boy!" He started giggling, and flew off elsewhere, presumably to where the Doctor and Ditzy are.

"Ow... ow..." Light said, rubbing his muzzle.

"Are you alright?" Fluttershy asked with extreme concern.

"Yeah... it's only a punch to the face... nothing that'll keep me down." He replied.

"Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure?" Deathelocke said, borrowing one of Light's favourite (yet least used) catchphrases, much to his chagrin. "Because punches to the face are actually the most effective way in getting rid of somebody."

"They're not, you're just weird, exactly as I wrote you."

"Alrighty. Anyway, I'll be off." Deathelocke said, simply walking off.

"...Okay."

...

...

...











Suddenly, Deathelocke.

"HEY!"

"AGH!" Light said, falling on his back. "WHY DID YOU PULL A PINKIE PIE!?"

"Because that's how ya wrote me! A nice guy with a tendency to be spontaneous, and occasionally anti-heroic! I mean, she is right there, you should've noticed!" Deathelocke replied, pointing at Fluttershy.

"I-i'm not Pinkie Pie..." She said.

"You're not? Oh." Deathelocke shrugged."... ... But you're his girlfriend, right?"

"Wel- U-um... w-well, yes..."

"Ah huh..." Deathelocke said, nodding, before walking next to Light, and whispering.

"Way to go, Author, she's a keeper. I mean, look at her, for a horse, she's hot. ...Eugh, my hormones are different already."

Light blinked, then glared at him.

"...Sorry." Deathelocke apologized. "Just saying, she kinda i-" And so he was punched in the face by Light.

"AGH! FOILED AGAIN!"

"You have a daughter, you know..." Light told him, "And an adopted teen-age son."

"I'm still single." He replied. "Though, I can see that she's probably your Mare-Do-Well... amirite?"

Light and Fluttershy blinked, then looked at each other. Then they looked back at Light, wondering how he knew. If they could see his face, it would be grinning like a trollface.

The book started glowing again, this time a dark, blood red. It didn't become a bright flash, it instead enveloped the surroundings in darkness.

Everypony/bunny looked around.

Light felt something grab at his neck.

-----

-----

The Doctor and Ditzy explored the forest some more. The Doctor deduced that the sap is some sort of rejuvenation liquid, and whatever touches it can either regenerate someone, or fully bring one to life. While this is a useful method, it was probably meant to keep the planet itself from going extinct, and too much contact on pony/maybe human hide would probably poisonous.

"Oi! Space-boy!" Came an ethereal, annoying voice.

The Doctor stopped in his tracks for a moment. For a second, he thought some idiot was doing a bad impression of Donna Noble. He shrugged, and the two kept on walking.

"EY! DAVID! ...Wait, are you David... I'll call you David." The voice came again.

'David' sighed, and looked back, as did Ditzy. They widened their eyes in surprise as they looked upon the figure descending upon them.

"Insert thought out greeting here." Leeroy greeted.

"...Aren't you... supposed to be in your book?" The Doctor asked.

"No. No I'm not. I'm supposed to having frickin' FINGERS. I could live without toes. ...Well, actually, no I can't, I need balance, and my shape-shifting stuff is on the fritz, I don't want to be stuck with the Devil's goat legs."

"Ah, fingers. I miss fingers. Sort of," The Doctor said, "I've gotten sort of used to being an equine person, I've forgotten what it's like."

"Blah. Anyway. WELCOME... TO DIIEEE!" Leeroy yelled rather in a loud, celebratory and grandiose manner. Just as he was about to throw some sort of deadly attack, he got distracted. The Doctor and his Assistant looked to where he was looking... one of the Branchiosaurus plant thingies...

"A BLARGASAUR!" Leeroy yelled excitedly. "A REAL-LIFE BLARGASAUR!" He laughed maniacally, and flew at it. The Knights of Time And Space ran off while he was occupied.

-----

The black mist subsided. Fluttershy, Deathelocke and the bunnies looked at Light, who was now in the grip of somepony. Deathelocke apparently squinted.

"John, let go or you can't exist." He simply said.

The Unavenged Stallion reluctantly kicked Light to the ground. Agh... it hurts more than I thought it would...

"Ow." Light said monotonously.

"Who is he?" Unavenged asked.

"Well, think of it this way... we can't exist without him!" Deathelocke responded.

"...Dave. Make sense. Why is he our reason of existance?"

Dave? I definitely didn't think that name up...

"I can't tell you. Otherwise, weird things would happen..." Deathelocke said, as Unavenged was getting bored. "Err... well, he isn't a threat, at least! He's a friend!"

"He has Mare-Do-Well captive." Unavenged replied.

"U-um... you mean me?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes. Who else?""

"I-i... I'm not... Mare-Do-Well... I... probably just... look like her."

"You have a timid personality identical to the real Mare-Do-Well. I have no doubt you are who I think you are."

"Well, she isn't!" 'Dave' said.

"How so?"

"They're from an alternate universe!" He thought up on the spot.

Wow. Good thinking, Dave.

"...Oh. You mean if Posey had not become Mare-Do-Well?"

I picked Posey? Why?

"Her name isn't Posey," Light said, "It's Fluttershy."

"...Oh... right..." Unavenged said, losing character as he spoke, as if he was gonna go into his John persona. "Well... this is embarrassing... and awkward..."

I feel really stupid right now...

Something's wrong. Terribly wrong. OOH, I have a nice head voice! IT CAME FROM OUTER-SPACE! DOO-WEE-OOOOHHHH, DOO-WEE-OOOOOOHHHH! SO LET IT BE SAID! SO LET IT BE DONE! ETCETERA! ETCETERA!

I believe I can fllyyyyyy....

I believe I can touch the skyyyyy...

"...So..." Light began, "Shouldn't we set off to try and defeat Leeroy?"

"Just err... rub him out of your novel?" Deathelocke asked.

"Then A, the novel wouldn't be interesting, B, You'd all have no reason to live, C, I may create weird plotholes, or D, All of the above." Light explained, in the calmest way he could.

Deathelocke looked as if he understood.






"HAH! PLOTHOLE!"

"..." Light, Fluttershy, Unavenged and the bunnies stared at him.

"Heh-heh... uhh... sorry."

-----

Elsewhere...

"ONWARDS, FREDERICK!" The voice of Leeroy bellowed, as he mounted his pet Blargasaur.

"TODAY, WE DESTROY... EVERYTHING!




And get ice-cream later."

-----

-----

AUTHOR'S NOTES

A somewhat short chapter. Just to give you a taste of what's to come. Muahahahahahahahaha.