• Published 1st Dec 2022
  • 226 Views, 5 Comments

Twelve Days of ChristMinty - Twilyx360



After a pony named Minty returns to Ponyville, she makes an accident that may cost ponyville the Hearth's Warming Season.

  • ...
 5
 226

Chapter 12

Minty hesitated and thought about it. The wish box had a point. And it didn’t feel right to just despell the negativity and the windigos outright.

“I wish to bring back all the presents in Ponyville! Unburnt and unaltered. However!

Please only grant that wish when I stop the Ponyville civilians from fighting each other in a blind rage and after I despell the windigos!” Asked Minty.

“Wow I was never asked to grant a wish like that before~” said the wish box.

“But Minty. You can’t stop it alone! How will you even do that!?” Said Thistle.

“I know, I know. Just follow my lead.” Said Minty.

“One more thing wish box. I wish to return to Ponyville!” Said Minty. And in a flash of light, she was gone.

Everypony was shocked. “We need to go after her!” Said Fluttershy.

“Yeah, she could be trampled!” Said Pinkie.

“It looks just awful in Ponyville!” Said Derpy.

“Hold on. Guys, I think I’ll stay here.” Said Thistle.

“Why?” Asked Rainbow.

“The zeppelin. And well the wish box can grant any wish, right?” Said Thistle.

“Oh!” Said Rainbow.

“I’ll go.” Said snowy.

“What!?” Asked everypony.

“I’m a reindeer. A guardian of Hearths Warming itself. Enemy of the windigos. I can help! Just wish me back here ok miss Thistle Whistle.” Said snowy.

“Yes.” Said Thistle.

Everypony else wished to return to Ponyville and it happened.

===

Six flashes of light appeared in the center of ponyville. Upon arrival Minty could barely see anything in the snow along with rocks falling everywhere and ponies running around and fighting each other.

The windigos spotted snowy. “Hey uglies! Come and get me!” He shouted as he trotted into the air. The windigos tried looking for him but he was too good at hiding. But that didn’t stop their snow from briefly falling down.

“STOOOOOP!” Shouted Minty.

Just then the snow stopped falling and everypony turned around to the village center.

Everypony gathered in the town square.

“You!” Said one pony.

“Get her!” Said another.

“Why? What’s wrong with you!?” Said one pony.

Everypony ran and prepared to throw rocks at Minty.

Until suddenly Twilight, Spike, Applejack and Rarity all arrived.

Twilight put up a protective shield around them all.

“Oh, thank you your majesty!” Said Minty.

“Wait! Minty!? What are you doing here?” Asked Spike.

“You two know each other too!?” Asked Rainbow.

“We’ll talk about it later! Princess Twilight?” Asked Minty.

“Yes?” Asked Twilight.

Minty thought where she was standing. Looked down at her hooves and she knew.

“Princess. Melt all the snow in Ponyville. And put down the shield!” Asked Minty.

Twilight was hesitant but she did it. Minty when she did though. Everypony stopped. Everything went silent.

Shocked to see a big pile of ash in the center of town.

“What happened?” Asked Twilight.

Minty stepped out into the center.

“This was all my fault…I was the one who destroyed your presents. I accidentally made the tree topper fall. And it burned everything.” Said Minty as she stared off into the clouds watching Snowy sound distract the windigos.

Suddenly the windigos stopped. Froze in place in the sky. Snowy landed.

Ponies looked shocked and terrified to see what they could not until now. “It can’t be…” said one pony.

“Windgos!?” Shouted another. “But how!? How could we not have seen them?” Said a pony.

“Blind rage. That’s why. You didn’t see them because you can't see yourself.” Said Snowy.

“What is wrong with you ponies attacking loved ones with rocks!?” Asked Snowy.

“But we didn’t! We aren’t that cruel. The ponies fighting us had nothing to do with our family!” Said one pony.

“Don’t you ponies remember? The anger is what fuels the windigos.” Said Snowy. Suddenly Minty spoke up.

“He’s right. It doesn’t make this any less bad, you’re still throwing things at ponies you don’t know. Now that you can see them. What does that say?” Asked Minty.

Minty stood up in front of snowy and the rest.

“I know you’re all disappointed that what you got for somepony you love is gone. How do you think I feel…?

I don’t have a right answer. I’m just so sorry… and I’m here for all of you.

But can you please be there for other ponies first?” Said Minty tearing up.

Suddenly the door to city hall opened. It was Dinky Hooves. “Mommy! You’re home!” Said Dinky running towards Derpy and hugging her.

“Dinky! Are you hurt? Why were you in city hall?” Asked Derpy.

“No. I was just celebrating Hearth's Warming with my friends!” Said Dinky with a smile.

“When everypony started getting a little angry. And when the blizzard got bad, we all went into city hall. So, we could celebrate our own Hearths Warming!” Said Dinky.

Just then fillies and colts stepped outside of the city hall doors. “Apple Bloom?” Asked Applejack.

“Sweetie Belle!?” Asked Rarity.

Mayor mare ran inside the building and sure enough almost every child in Ponyville was there. Including the student six, Big Mac & Granny Smith.

“Don’t worry we took care of em.” Said Big Mac.

As the rest of them walked out. The crowds of ponies that surrounded the town square were absolutely touched by the moment. Some were crying at the adorable scene.

“We had a blast!” Said Ocellus.

“Everything was better than we thought!” Said Silver Spoon.

The colts and fillies hugged each other saying Happy Hearth's Warming. Knowing they probably needed to get back to their own families.

Suddenly a pony in the crowd. Started singing a song.

And everypony else in the crowd joined in.

When the song finished everypony started hugging each other, Crying tears of joy, playing games, hugging their own fillies and colts and sharing stories of their past Hearths Warmings.

The mane six were all happy to see things go back to normal Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity all proud of the crusaders for celebrating their own Hearths Warming so easily.

Twilight was happy to see her students learning and loving so well. “You really are the cutest of friends.” Twilight said to them. Which made Yona hug everypony in a tightly warm hug.

Twilight looked over and saw Spike looking a little sad.

“Spike? Are you ok?”

“Yeah. I sorta.” Spike sighed. “Twilight I…”

Twilight realized as he looked at the fillies and colts playing. “Spike. I understand. Never ever let me get in the way of your own friendships.”

Smolder grabbed him by the claw and said. “Yep, you are coming with us buddy.” Spike happily accepted as the crusaders ran after the student six. “Wait for us Spike!” Said Apple Bloom.

And then finally there was Minty. Crying tears of joy herself. Snowy sound right next to her. “How are they still not moving? Are they stunned?” Asked Snowy.

“No, I wished for them to be stunned.” Said Thistle Whistle as she flew into the center. “Thistle? How are you here? What about your zeppelin?” Asked Minty.

“Oh, the wish box repaired it like new. Like it never broke in just one single wish. It’s right outside the castle now.” Said Thistle smiling.

“But what about me?” Asked Snowy. “How will I get back now?”

“I told one of your reindeer brothers to wish you back.” Said Thistle. “Hey, hope we can see you again sometime. Thanks for the help.” Said Thistle.

“Yeah, maybe we can get to know each other.” Said Minty.

Snowy smiled. “Of course. And well you know where to find me.”

Everypony was having the time of their lives as the sun began to set. The windigos stuck in the sky.

By midnight they completely disappeared as a huge glowing light lit up ponyville. And it started talking.

“I am the spirit of the ancient relic. Known as the wish box. And I am here to grant Minty’s wish she made to me.” Said the wish box.

A large beam of light landed on the pile of ash. And it happened. Every single present and gift came back completely unaltered and the whole tree complete with the topper came back.

Everypony gasped in amazement as they saw the unthinkable. Ponies ran up to the presents and started opening them to see if they were ok. And they were.

Both Lyra and Vinyl opened their presents that Derpy had got for them. And they both ran to her and hugged her tightly.

“Your wish has been granted, Minty. It’s time to go home Snowy.” Said the wish box as snowy sound trotted into the light. Waving goodbye

“Well done my little pony. I hope you one day return to me to give as much joy and care as you have now.” And then the light disappeared.

Everypony looked at Minty. Smiling at her.

“You did this?” Asked Twilight.

“Yes.” Said Minty.

Everypony’s faces lit up with joy.

And shouted.

“HAPPY HEARTH’S WARMING MINTY!”

Everypony started singing and opening their presents late into the night.

And Minty couldn’t have felt any happier.

===

It was late Hearth's Warming Day.

“And so that’s how I know her.” Said Spike finished up his story explaining how he and Minty were secretly friends in Canterlot.

“That’s quite the story! But maybe one for another time.” Said Pinkie.

Minty stood up and rolled her bags out of the castle. “Yeah, it was great seeing you all. I’ll miss you.” Said Minty.

“You’re welcome in Ponyville anytime from here on out Minty. I’ll even let you move back here.” Said Twilight.

“Thank you, your majesty. I’ll probably do just that by springtime.” Said Minty.

“We’ll all keep in touch! And the name, is Twilight Sparkle.”

Minty waved goodbye as she headed outside. And made her way to the train station.

===

She stood at the train station with a grin on her face. And wondered what she said to Twilight.

“I just hope that I don’t lose touch with her. Or anypony else. Oh, but who am I kidding? They probably won’t want to lose touch with me. Twilight will keep a promise! Imagine how different this will look in the spring. That may be the best time to ever move here.” Said Minty.

“You know I really think it is.” Said a familiar voice.

Confused. Minty turned around and saw a pony standing behind her. Minty was shocked and surprised to see her. An old friend of hers from way back when.

“Wisteria…?” Asked Minty.

“Yeah. It’s good to see you, Minty.” Said Wisteria smiling at her and hugging her.

Wisteria had a purple coat with dark & light purple highlights in her mane.

“I guess you saw how much we really missed you here. Right?” Asked Wisteria.

“Yeah. I did. Just how? How can I mean that much to somepony?” Asked Minty.

“Sometimes you just don’t know. You need a push to realize it. How does it feel?” Asked Wisteria.

“It feels great. I feel better than I ever had in years. And it’s all thanks to the friends I made in Ponyville!” Said Minty.

“Thank you Minty. And that’s great to hear. I hope you do move here by spring. And well, you know where to visit if you need a house garden.” Said Wisteria.

The two chuckled as Minty’s train pulled in. And Wisteria walked off.

===

Back at home. Minty was already making plans to move out. And so Minty wrote a letter to Twilight Sparkle.

“You know, sometimes whenever I was alone, I wondered.

Did my friends ever like me? Do they want me back there? And I always thought those were right because I only had me to talk to. Not anymore.

I have a new thought on my mind. The greatest Hearth's Warming present I ever got. Was the one I got this year.

I hated myself. But it’s all finally gone, and I want to keep it gone.

It’s taken me seventeen years. So long to figure out where I needed to go to get out of my depression, to find a purpose. And now a lot of ponies need me. They value me so much, that me being hard on myself makes them sad.

So, I finally know where to go.

Where I always knew I needed to go. Home.

To: Twilight
From: Minty

P.S. Always be sure to have.

A Very Minty Christmas!”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment