• Published 1st Dec 2022
  • 226 Views, 5 Comments

Twelve Days of ChristMinty - Twilyx360



After a pony named Minty returns to Ponyville, she makes an accident that may cost ponyville the Hearth's Warming Season.

  • ...
 5
 226

Chapter 10

One day later.

In Ponyville. The more ponies arrived the more chaos happened, and the more chaos happened the worst the blizzard became.

It was undeniable. The windigos were the cause.

Twilight and Spike had finally arrived. But upon arrival there wasn’t much she could do. She flew back into the castle. Defeated.

“Well?” Asked spike.

“I can’t stop them. They’re running around, screaming, feeling betrayed. They’re all in a blind rage… that’s why they can’t see the windigos. And I tried to confront them directly.

But they slammed me to the ground with ease.” Said Twilight. Tired.

===

It was night on the zeppelin. And the wind was calmer, after dinner everypony went to the deck to see the northern lights. Aside from how beautiful it was this must’ve meant they were close.

But Minty’s attention was focused on Thistle who was still driving the zeppelin. Minty went into the cockpit.

“You know one night of rest doesn’t mean you can stay up for another one.” Said Minty.

“Nopony else can fly this thing.” Said Thistle.

“You can anchor down, and we can keep going the next day.” Said Minty.

“It’s more efficient if we travel like this.” Said Thistle.

“But you need to sleep! You’re getting angrier.” Said Minty.

“Don’t even go there!” Said Thistle.

“Thistle, I think we should ta-“ minty was cut off.

“No, we are not!” Said Thistle.

“We need to talk about when we left Ponyville.” Said Minty.

Thistle turned around and actually got angry. “STOP!” Said Thistle as she engaged the autopilot.

“What is wrong with you!?” Thistle yelled.

Minty got scared at that. She sat down and frowned.

Thistle quickly became sympathetic. “Hey look I’m sorry. I just don’t know where to start.”

“Because you can’t think clearly. You’re sleepy again. Thistle, I didn’t have a choice! I had to move with my parents!” Said Minty.

“Well, I didn’t either! And whenever you came to visit you didn’t see me! You saw Rainbow.” Said Thistle.

“She needed me. And you weren’t in town!” Said Minty.

“Well, you were still important to me! Is it really worth it to you to stay in Canterlot!?” Asked Thistle.

“No, it isn’t! My life is miserable over there! But I don’t know if I can move back without screwing up anymore!” Said Minty. Taking a deep breath and calming down. She didn’t cry but it felt like a huge weight was lifted off of her.

Thistle felt the same. “Ok…look. My life in Cloudsdale hasn’t been great either. I mean I love flying zeppelins. But when I was learning how to do it, I was told I could barely sleep.

That I wasn’t supposed to chuckle at the speaker. I wasn’t even supposed to smile outside the cockpit.

All the time I was told. Thistle behaves, Thistle no distractions, Thistle no excuses and to stop Whistling.” Thistle vented.

Minty moved by her and said. “you’re telling this to me, right? And nothing bad happened, did it?” Asked Minty.

“No.” said Thistle.

“Thistle, I don’t think anypony wants you to stop having emotions. That’s even worse than crashing a zeppelin or giving your passengers a bad time. Let’s face it, that’s exactly what’s doing that. You’re allowed to feel things. And ‘that’ is what makes you an awesome captain. Wouldn’t ponies like you better that way? Wouldn’t it be better to have some help?” Said Minty.

“Well. You’re not wrong. I’ve actually been happier since this trip started. And it’s all thanks to you. I mean I’ve stayed awake for days before, but it wasn’t easy.

With you it has been. I was actually hoping you would come by to give me something to think about.” Said Thistle.

“Thistle. We were best friends too! We used to tell each other everything! You can always ask me to hang out with you.

And well, I’m glad I was always important to you.” Said Minty, smiling at her.

And for the first time in a while. Thistle smiled. “I never forgot you Minty. I’m glad we got to talk this out.

Best friends?” Asked Thistle.

“Always.” Said Minty.

And the two hugged each other smiling.

When the two got up. They saw lights up ahead and they thought it was a village like yesterday. “I don’t think that’s a village…” said Thistle.

It was an active volcano. Thistle disengaged the autopilot and sounded the alarm. Everypony rushed inside as Thistle tried to steer away from the volcano.