• Published 1st Dec 2022
  • 225 Views, 5 Comments

Twelve Days of ChristMinty - Twilyx360



After a pony named Minty returns to Ponyville, she makes an accident that may cost ponyville the Hearth's Warming Season.

  • ...
 5
 225

Chapter 1

At the ponyville inn. A light turquoise colored pony with a pink mane of different highlights entered and she looked nervous. She approached the front desk. “Checking in for twelve days.” The receptionist faced her and asked “Name?”

“Minty.” She answered.

The receptionist gave her a key and said. “Room 102505 is reserved for you. Enjoy your stay, Miss Minty.” Minty walked off into the hall to find the room. As she walked, she whispered to herself.

“I hope I can.”

======

The next day Minty was trot-dancing to the marketplace. Various ponies were running about shopping through the holiday rush to get the presents they needed in time for the big day.

Minty was humming music to herself when a mare with saddlebags rushed past her. Minty tripped onto the ground but saw a small gift box was right in front of her, as the mare ran off. She must’ve dropped it. Minty quickly put the box on her back and gave chase. “Wait miss you dropped a present! Miss your present!"

As Minty ran after her. The mare took off and flew into the sky. She lost her. She sat down panting and put the box beside her. But she noticed a tag, it had an address. And so, she walked there.

She walked to said address where she found that same mare sitting down, crying. Being berated by the pony in the front door. “I knew I couldn’t trust you! They should never let somepony like you work at the post office!” the pony yelled. “How could you lose that, you jerk!?”

Minty walked to the door and handed the pony the box. “I think this is yours,” said Minty. “About time.” said the pony slamming the door. Minty looked beside her and saw that the mare was crying. “T-Thank you.” the mare said sobbing. She was a pegasus mare with a gray coat and a bright yellow mane.

Minty looked at her feeling bad for her. “Hey um. You need to sit down? There’s a bench over there.” asked Minty.

And so, they did. “So, are you a mailmare? And that’s why you were delivering that package?” Asked Minty. “Yes. But when I got to the house. It wasn’t in my bags. I thought I lost another delivery in the mail again…” she said.

“I’m probably just annoying you. Should I stop?” she asked.

Minty raised her hooves. “Oh no, no please stay. I want to help you.” Said Minty. “How can you help me? You don’t know anything about me.” Said the mare. “Well, you’re a nice mailmare just making deliveries around Hearths Warming. And nopony should be blamed like that around this time of year. And I would love to know more about you. What’s your name?” Asked Minty

The Mare looked up. And Minty got a good look at her eyes for the first time. They were notably cross eyed. “Derpy Hooves”

“Ok um, Derpy. Do you need a hug?” Asked Minty.

Derpy’s eyes opened wide. And she actually hugged Minty. And Minty returned the hug. And the mare smiled. “Nopony ever asked me that before. Thank you so much.” Said Derpy

“Does it mean a lot more to you then it should?” Asked Minty as she hugged her. Derpy lit up at that. “Yeah. Actually, it means a lot. How do you know?” Asked Derpy.

“I don’t know. I guess I just can’t stand ponies being unhappy. It’s hard to explain. But don’t all ponies just need a hug every once and a while?” Asked Minty. “And well I’m the same way. We are more alike than you think.” Minty said with a smile.

Minty broke the hug as she fell off of the bench onto the ground. Derpy held out her hoof to her and helped her up. “Sorry uh. I didn’t see how close to the edge I was.” Said Minty making circles with her hoof.

Both Derpy and Minty Chuckled. “Hey what’s your name?” Asked Derpy. “Minty.” She said trotting her front hooves in place.

“Minty. Thank you so much for cheering me up!” Said Derpy, smiling at her. And they shook hooves.

“I hope we see each other again.” Said Derpy.

“I’m sure we will. I’m only in town for a while but I’ve got a lot of shopping to do.” Said Minty.

“I do too! You want to head to the marketplace tomorrow?” Asked Derpy.

“Sure thing! See you tomorrow then.” Said Minty as the two ponies waved each other goodbye with wide smiles.