• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 403 Views, 9 Comments

The Equine Blessing - midnightwolfGX



A regular teen goes to sleep one night, and something wonderful happens to him...

  • ...
5
 9
 403

Just Woke Up That Way

Brandon sat in the classroom, bored as always, as the teacher gave the lecture.

I don’t think I’ll ever need geometry in life… he thought.

He absently and tediously copied the notes from the whiteboard, counting down the minutes to the end of class. After what seemed forever, the bell rang, and soon he was out the door. However, the end of the school day did little to lift his mood.

“I’ll just have to be back here tomorrow again…” Brandon groaned.

At that moment, two other male students came up to him.

“Hey, Brandon!” One said.

“What’s good, man?” The other said.

“Ah,” Brandon said, “Chris, Mike, what’s up?”

“Not much,” Mike said. “Just the usual.”

“I feel ya,” Brandon said. “School just really takes it out of ya, doesn’t it?”

“It’ll be over one day,” Chris said.

“Anyway,” Brandon began, “I should get going. My parents’ll be here soon to pick me up.”

“Cool hang,” Chris said.

“Catch up tomorrow?” Mike said.

Brandon nodded. “As always.”

With that, he went out to wait for his parents. He seldom had much time after school to spend with his friends, more so during break period and lunch. Regardless, his father arrived to pick him up, where Brandon promptly got into the car.

“Hey, son,” his father said. “So, how was your day?”

“It was okay,” Brandon said. “Nothing special.”

“Usual, I take it?” His father asked.

“Yeah,” Brandon said.

The conversation was fairly bland the whole way back. Though he was doing okay in school, Brandon’s life, in its present state, was rather lackluster. He just went about his day, with each one that passed, and did his dues, trying to keep himself occupied with what little activity there was available at his disposal.

They arrived home to find Brandon’s mother preparing dinner for later that evening.

“Hey, Brandon,” she said as he came in.

“Hi, Mom,” Brandon responded.

After exchanging their daily pleasantries, Brandon went to his room, tediously filling out his homework packets. It was the same routine, just a different day. Each and every time he worked on an assignment, he always desperately wished it could all just be over and done with.

Once he got his homework finished, it was already time for dinner, and he made his way to the kitchen. The conversation at the dinner table was not anymore interesting than anything from earlier in the day. It more or less consisted of his parents updating the household on going-ons in their lives and jobs. Brandon hardly spoke much, with his parents doing most of the talking, but he did answer the occasional question.

Soon, dinner ended, and they washed their dishes. From there, Brandon winded down for the night. He surfed the web, played some video games, and read a few graphic novels before it was time for him to go to bed. After a shower and brushing his teeth, the male teen stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed.

As he laid in the dark, his thoughts wondered to the same place they always did each and every night, particularly when the daily grind eliminated all enjoyment for him.

“I wish my life could be more interesting…” Brandon said to himself.

Before long, he fell asleep. After a couple hours, something strange began to happen. Outside the house, several sparkling lights slowly encroached on the building, centering around Brandon’s bedroom. They passed through the glass window, slowly moving toward the sleeping teen, before they began swirling around him with a glittering noise.

Brandon moaned, not in pain, but more like he was experiencing a pleasant sensation. He slowly squirmed a bit under the covers, and a gurgling noise emanated from his stomach. As he was under the covers though, no one, if they were present, would be able to see him. As it just so happened… something strange was happening to him. These glittering lights were apparently some form of magic, which appeared to be inducing a sort of transformation of his body…

“...Ohhh… that’s good…” Brandon mumbled in his sleep, “...I like that...”

This continued for several minutes, with Brandon squirming and delightfully moaning, accompanied by the bubbling in his belly. Eventually, the lights completely dissolved into his body, through the sheets, and he finally settled back into his peaceful, silent sleep. While the vague shape of his body buried under the sheets was mostly the same, there were a few subtle differences…


The alarm clock rang out, and Brandon slowly came to, yawning as his eyelids fluttered open.

“Ah…” he groaned, smacking the off button on the clock, “...why can’t I just sleep a little longer…?”

He sat up, slowly stretching. Something felt… different, though. His body felt… off. Though, it wasn’t anything bad.

“Oh, man… can’t remember the last time I felt so great!” Brandon remarked to himself.

When he glanced down at his arms, he noticed they were covered in a short, soft, green fur. Immediately he raised his arms in front of himself, staring wide-eyed at them.

“What the…?!” He muttered. “What is this?!”

Brandon stood to walk… but felt something off about his feet. Looking down, he saw that they had both become a pair of horselike hooves. He gasped at this sight.

“Oh, God…!” He exclaimed.

Rushing over to a mirror on the wall, he was met with the sight of a cartoony, bug-eyed, green pony head with a light-blue mane, and large, emerald-green eyes. Shocked, his pupils went small as he slowly reached up and touched his new muzzle. It felt so foreign… yet so natural at the same time. A curious tingling at the base of his spine prompted him to look at his backside. What he saw nearly made his pass out completely; he had grown a long, light-blue, horselike tail… which tragically tore a hole in the back of his boxers in his sleep, partly exposing his green fur-covered butt, which had become noticeably bigger. Out of curiosity, he pulled the front of his boxers forward, peeking at his forbidden spot… and his eyes went even wider, his mouth pursed, and his ears perked up in astonishment at what he saw.

“Oh no…” Brandon mumbled, his pulse kicking in, “...no no no… what happened to me?!”

“Brandon?” His mother called from outside his room. “Is everything alright in there?”

The teenage, anthro pony froze as his eyes shifted to the door.

Oh, I forgot about Mom and Dad! He thought, looking down at his altered form. I can’t let them see me like this! Oh man, what do I do...?!

“It’s fine,” Brandon said, as nonchalant as he could.

At that moment, the door opened, making Brandon’s heart skip a beat. His mother entered the bedroom, looking at her son, an anthro pony, in his boxers. However, she didn’t appear to be shocked or surprised in any way.

“Brandon, what’s going on?” She asked. “Why aren’t you dressed yet?”

“W-well…” Brandon stuttered, “...wouldn’t it be because… I’m like this now?”

His mother sighed impatiently. “Just get into some clothes and come to the kitchen for breakfast. You’re gonna be late for school!”

With that, his mother left, leaving the teen quite puzzled. How did she not acknowledge the strange being he had become? Regardless, he decided to just go along with it for now. Anxious, he put on a clean T-shirt and jeans, which felt a little strange against his new fur. He couldn’t put on shoes or socks, but with hooves, he luckily didn’t need them.

He then made his way downstairs, where he found his breakfast already made and on the table. Hesitantly, Brandon sat down at the table as his mother continued to clean dishes. His father soon entered the room.

“Hey, Brandon,” he said, nonchalant, “got all your homework done?”

“Y-yeah…” Brandon stammered, “...but, could I just… skip school today?”

His father narrowed his eyes at him. “Why?”

Brandon sat rigid, astonished by the lack of concern over his condition.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He asked. “Just look at me!”

“What’s the problem, son?” His father asked. “You sick or something?”

“What do you mean ‘what’s the problem?’” Brandon asked, looking at his reflection. “Just look at me! I’m worse than sick! I’ve turned into an animal!”

His father chuckled a bit, prompting his son to look at him bemused.

“What’s so funny?” Brandon asked.

“Brandon, it’s no big deal,” his father said.

“Yeah,” his mother chimed in, “this kind of thing happens all the time!”

Brandon narrowed his eyes. “What do you mean?”

“See,” his mother began, “certain people are ‘chosen,’ so to speak, by a magical force to receive a special blessing. It turns those chosen people into bipedal ponies.”

Brandon’s jaw fell. “Blessing? Blessing? HOW is this a blessing?!”

“Son, like we said,” his father said, smiling, “it’s not a big deal. Just don’t let it bother you.”

Brandon sighed. Do they really not care that their son has turned into a toony horse-man?

“Anyway,” his mother said, “we need to get going to work, and you to school.”

Brandon went rigid. School… oh, shit!

He didn’t want to think about the humiliation he would endure upon showing up to school as a pony.


Brandon somehow found himself riding in the car to school. Needless to say, he dreaded the day ahead, assuming what it would entail in his new, equine form.

I’ll never be able to face anybody again, he thought, tears streaming down his face. My life is over… and it’s not even my fault! This is the most unfair thing ever...

He wiped the tears from his face as they pulled into the school carpool route.

“Why are you crying?” His father asked, looking back.

“I can’t go to school,” Brandon said, “I can’t go in there! Not looking like this!

“Brandon…” his mother spoke, firmly, “...you need to stop acting like a baby. You’re a young man, so you need to act like one. Okay?”

Brandon sighed. “Fine…”

With that, he stepped out of the car, among the human students. Hesitantly, as his parents drove off, he made his way up to the building. His heart rate was sky-high, and sweat covered the fur on his forehead. Strangely, though, any student who saw him didn’t stare or look twice. It was all surprisingly casual, like this was an everyday thing, or as if he looked no different from how he usually did.

“The hell…?” Brandon pondered.

Continuing along, he went inside the school, and up to his locker to get the textbooks he needed for first period. As he slowly packed his backpack, two students approached him.

“Brandon!” Chris said, enthusiastically. “Hey man, how ya doin’ today?”

It was his two friends, Chris and Mike, greeting him as usual… and clearly not phased by his new, equine form.

“Oh…” Brandon spoke up, “...could be better.”

“Why?” Mike asked. “Penny for your thoughts?”

Brandon pursed his lips. “Do I need to explain? Just look at me!”

He spread his arms. Chris and Mike stared curiously.

“Yes, we see you right in front of us. And…?” Chris asked.

“‘And?’ Seriously?” Brandon responded. “You can’t tell that I’ve turned into a frickin’ two-legged cartoon horse?”

“Yes, we see that,” Mike said. “Is that a problem?”

Brandon groaned in annoyance. “Hell yes it’s a problem! I’m a freak! I’m not human anymore!”

His two friends laughed.

“Dude,” Chris said, “you’re exaggerating. This happens to people all the time!”

“Yeah, man,” Mike added. “If anything… you’re one lucky son of a bitch!”

“Anyway,” Chris interjected, checking his smartwatch, “we’d better get to class. Don’t wanna be late.”

With that, they departed for their first period. Without much other option, Brandon went to class. It went as usual, with the teacher delivering the lecture, and the student copying notes and answering questions. Again, nobody acknowledged Brandon’s transformation. He became less anxious as the familiar classroom boredom took over his mind.

After what felt like a long while, Brandon had no more apprehension about his appearance as he left the class for break. Following a quick trip to the bathroom (with some awkward handling of his new tail while doing his business), he met back up with his friends.

“Hey, man,” Chris said. “So, you over your identity crisis?”

“Kinda,” Brandon said. “But still… why did this have to happen to me? Why is everyone okay with it? Why has no one else gotten it?”

“Oh…” Mike said, diverting his gaze, “...as it just so happens, there is someone here who’s also a pony.”

Brandon raised a brow. “Who?”

Chris and Mike chuckled.

“You like Jenna Soren, dontcha?” Chris taunted.

Brandon blushed. “Y-yeah, you guys know that…” his eyes went wide, “...wait, you don’t mean…”

“Mhmmm,” Mike hummed.

With that, the three friends scouted the school, until they came across the only other ponified student in the school. It was indeed Jenna Soren, Brandon’s crush. She was simply talking to other female students, all of whom were acting like she was no different. Her appearance was totally different… yet Brandon was surprisingly able to recognize her.

Brandon knew Jenna to be a rather attractive brunette girl. But now, she was a mare with cream-white fur, crimson mane and tail, and lovely, teal eyes. Interestingly… her rack and rump had gotten bigger and more prominent after her transformation. He definitely knew this because her breasts and butt were both rather flat in her human form.

“C’mon, man,” Chris said, shoving the teen stallion forward, “go talk to her!”

Brandon gulped “I-I don’t know…”

“Stop pussyfooting around!” Mike said, laughing. “Man up and give her some real words!”

“Okay…” Brandon said, just before whispering to himself: “...feel like I’m gonna regret this…”

With that, he approached Jenna as her still-human friends dispersed. He fidgeted uncontrollably, as, even in pony form, he was still nervous around his crush.

“H-hi, Jenna…” Brandon stuttered.

The teen mare turned to face him, a warm smile on her face.

“Oh, hey!” Jenna said. “You’re... Brandon, right?”

“That’s me,” Brandon responded, flatly. “So… you’re a pony now, too?”

“Yep!” Jenna said, proudly. “Pretty neat, huh?”

“So, like…” he briefly trailed off, “...what happened with you? I sorta… woke up this way.”

“Oh, I was wide awake when I changed,” Jenna said.

Brandon raised a brow. “What was it like?”

“It felt really great!” Jenna said. “The fur growing made a nice, tingling feeling all over, my bones morphing were like getting a good stretch, and my insides changing made a warm, bubbly feeling in my belly. The whole time, I felt a nice, fluttering sensation in my heart. Plus, my tits and ass blowing up like two pairs of balloons…” she made a chef’s kiss, “...mmm, that was the creme-de-la-creme! Best feeling ever!”

I’ll say… Brandon thought, staring at her improved female assets.

He was quite surprised by how shameless she was in talking about her feminine parts, let alone them being enhanced.

“Kinda sucks for my shorts, though,” Jenna said. “Tail sprouting kinda tore through the back. But I don’t really mind.”

“For sure…” Brandon said, still a bit on edge.

“So,” Jenna began, “what’s your story? You said you woke up this way?”

“I mean…” Brandon began, “...I had a weird dream last night. A good one, sure, but… it was so surreal. I was just… enraptured by a good feeling, all over my body.”

“Guess we all have it in our own way, huh?” Jenna said.

“Yeah,” Brandon said, glancing around nervously. “Listen… given that you and I… are the only ones here like this… w-would you… like to maybe…” the level of adrenaline coursing through him was through the roof at this point, “...hang out sometime…?”

“With you?” Jenna asked, before grinning gleefully. “I’d be down with that!”

“Really?” Brandon asked, amazed that it worked.

“Sure!” Jenna said.

She then checked her phone.

“Oh! I’d better get going, class is gonna start soon,” Jenna said.

“Y-yeah…” Brandon said, flabbergasted with his pony ears twitching, “...see you around.”

“Mhmmm!” Jenna said, her bright smile never leaving her face, before walking away.

Brandon was left standing where he was, in the hall, students passing him by. Needless to say, he was utterly stunned by the massive shift in events.


Brandon’s mind was on little else for the rest of the day. He didn’t pay attention to the lectures. The rest of the day was a blur. Even after his parents picked him up and he finished up his homework, he went for a walk around the neighborhood and kept thinking about everything that happened on this, admittedly, bizarre day.

“What the hell is happening?” Brandon asked himself. “I become a humanoid pony, and all of a sudden, things start going well for me? What could happen next, I wonder…?”

As he walked, he passed by a house where a mother and her daughter were getting out of the car, and stepping out of the house was a man who appeared to be the father… but rather than a man, he was an anthro stallion with periwinkle fur, a dark-gray mane and tail, a bit of visible, dark peach-fuzz facial hair, and a pair of glass. The little girl became ecstatic when she saw her father, running up and hugging him.

“Yay!” The girl cheered. “Daddy’s a pretty pony!”

“Heh heh,” the father chuckled, picking her up. “Yep, daddy’s a pretty pony now.”

Brandon continued to stare, surprised, at the family.

“It’s happening to other people, too?” Brandon said to himself. “So… I’m not alone…”

The human mother turned to face Brandon on the sidewalk, smiling and waving. Brandon, hesitantly, did the same, before going on his way. He was puzzled by the way people just so casually accepted this bizarre change some people were going through… but he knew it would be best not to question it.


Brandon stood in front of his bedroom mirror, having a staring contest with the anthro, teenage stallion on the opposite side of the glassy surface. He was absolutely lost in thought. Things didn’t take a turn for the worst, his parents still accepted him, he wasn’t humiliated at school, and best of all...

...he managed to successfully ask his crush out, after his apprehension led to many months of evading her.

“I’d be down with that!”

These words from his crush resonated in an endless cascade in his head. To think… his transformation into an anthro pony changed everything in that regard, his biggest ambition ever.

“Hmm…” Brandon hummed, looking at his reflection with a warm smile, “...I think I could get used to this.”

After getting some positive reassurance, he was finally coming to terms with his new body. He gradually let go of his brooding disposition he had as a human, as something about his pony form helped him feel much more positive. It somehow instilled a greater sense of confidence and companionship for him, not to mention… he had an insatiable inclination to break into song every so often. It astonished him that he had a surprisingly good singing voice (of course, he hadn’t really sang much before, so he couldn’t have known).

This was something Brandon decided to use to his advantage, mainly by taking some music gigs as a singer. He became pretty widely-known after several successful performances. Eventually, he joined a new, local band of other anthro ponies, Mustang Martyr, as the lead singer, which only further helped him along in his young singing career. He even got into some choreographed dances to boost his stage appeal, and let his mane grow out to a fairly long length to really give him the “rocker” look.

Ultimately, things didn’t work out between him and Jenna, and the two parted ways by the time they were to head off to college. They did so on good terms, though, as they were never really a couple.

Despite his minor identity crisis on the first day, Brandon definitely embraced his new life… not that it would be much different from his current one. Eventually, humans all disappeared from the world, as the population of anthro ponies soon overtook the human race, mainly through transformation, but also partly from births of the new race (with some mothers, of course, being ponies themselves, but also from some human mothers as well). Surprisingly, most people took their new forms quite well, going about their lives as normal.

After many years, Brandon grew old, and he never reverted back to his human form. However, he fully embraced his pony form for the remainder of his life… a choice he never regretted. If anything, it was a great improvement over his human life. The world was never the same; in fact, it somehow became much better.

Author's Note:

For those of you curious, this oneshot was partly inspired by Franz Kafka’s novella, Metamorphosis. I figured I’d make everyone unconcerned about the TF, like it’s a mundane, everyday thing, just to make it more interesting. I just figured I'd whip something up to keep you all occupied until I finish school!

So, I’m wondering… would any of you want to be turned into an anthro pony? I know I would! Let me know what you all think in the comments!

Comments ( 9 )

What a surprise from you but loved it!

Me, I don't think I would mind, but would need to get used to it at first, especially the wings

11360851
Thanks!

And yeah, I imagine it would take some getting used to.

11360880
Youre welcome, buddy!

Mhm. Heh, just as joke, his first time might be even more special

11360889
Provided the new size and cum production would be an issue but again, there's magic


Ah, its so good to see you again

Becoming my anthropomorphic pony/furry Sona character would be interesting for me. I really wouldn't mind being transformed by some mysterious force in the universe into him. It would be better than involving the use of surgery to become him.

11370602
Yeah, if only magic existed in real life, am I right?

11371565
Life would be a whole lot more interesting if magic actually did exist and all religions weren't so against it. I can see the average human living a lot longer if magic existed.

11371617
I completely agree. Though, tbh, I think about 90% of magic use by adults would be for sex- and/or fetish-related purposes. :raritywink: :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment