• Published 11th Sep 2022
  • 229 Views, 4 Comments

The Answer - Larrydog



Twilight has a conversation with her son in which he has a question, that only she can answer

  • ...
 4
 229

The Conversation

“And there was nothing, he has looked for countless hours through all the books in his mother’s golden oak library but still nothing, nothing that made sense, he really needed for this to make sense, he looked through every history book, everything that related to the history of Equestria and, it made it harder to decide.

“Solar, what are you doing still awake?” the stallion suddenly heard as his door suddenly opened to reveal his mother Twilight Sparkle

“Oh hey mom I was just…doing some midnight reading, I thought you were still grading test papers”

“Oh, I finished that a while ago, but some midnight reading huh? Well, there is no way I can get mad at that,” she said with a chuckle “Is there something you need help understanding, as you’ve seen to have gone through a lot of books in here.”

“Oh no don’t worry mom I’m fine,” he said moving his hoof to push one of the nearby books close to him which Twilight noticed and used some of her pink-colored magic to move it back and saw the title “The history of Equestria, the reign of Princess Celestia”

“Are you sure? When it comes to Celestia there is no one who knows more about her than I do,” she said with a smile of pride on her face which made Solar Prism get deeper into thought but quickly snapped out of it before she noticed.

“Yeah You’ve told me many stories about her and how she made you the Princess you are today and I’ve been thinking about that lately and I was just wondering something that I wanted to figure out

“Well Solar you don’t need a book for that, just ask the princess herself” Twilight warmly said in which Solar just seem to have a more conflicted look on his face which Twilight noticed this time, “Sweetheart is there something wrong?” concern all over her face

“N-no I’m fine mom, I just….I just….can I ask you a question?” he blurted out which puzzled Twilight further but remained calm.

“Of course son, ask me anything thing,”

“..... if you could go back in time and live a different life would you?” the question took Twilight off guard, she never expected to hear a question like that, sure there were many things she wished she did differently, but a different life?

“I’m sorry son but what do you mean? What kind of different life?” in which that response made him feel more nervous.


“I mean like….just off the top of the head if you could live a life where your not the princess of friendship, what would you do?”

“Hmm a world where I’m not a princess well, I guess in a world like that I would be….” in which silence hit the roomTwlight decided she would try to entertain the question but when it a time for an answer, no words came out “...I would umm….I guess..… well I guess I don’t know, but, why do you wanna know?”

“Umm… well…I guess the question has just been on my mind lately as sometimes I wonder if you really happy with all the work you do and….” before he was able to finish he felt a warm hug envelop him by Twilight.

“Solar, you, Pinkie, and your brother make me the happiest princess in the world, never forget that, I would never wanna live a life where the three of you are not in my life.” hearing that response Solar wrapped his hoof around her in return and have a small smile.


“Thank you mom, I think you gave me all the answers I was looking for” in which that reply made twilight beam of happiness

As time went on their conversation turned into their normal kind, talking about many different kinds of books and other topics that only the two of them understand, until Twilight noticed how late it still was.

“Oh I forgot it was still nighttime we should probably get some sleep I can’t forget to talk to Rarity later about getting our outfits ready for the upcoming Grand Galloping Gala.”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that and I’m just wondering…is Celestia gonna be there?”

“Of Course she is there every year, hoping something interesting will happen because those things bored the heck out of her,” she said with a chuckle as memories entered her mind

“Yeah I can understand that, but your right mom I should get to bed now, thanks again for this talk again I really needed it,”

“Of course son never been afraid to ask me anything, what I and Pinkie want more than anything else is to see our kids happy,” which Solar nodded and hugged back.


“I know mom.” as he made his way to his room he repeated to himself softly “I know…”

--------------

As the night continued, rain poured down hard around Ponyville and thunder boomed fiercely but that didn’t stop Solar Prism covered in a dark hood that covered his entire body, he trotted for an unknown amount of time until he made his way to a secluded house in which he made his way inside which contained another figure who turned around with silence between them.

“So, did you find the answers you were looking for?”

“.....yes, yes I did and now that I have, I’m ready to accept your deal.” in which upon hearing the hooded figure smile.

“I knew you would come around, I knew if anyone could understand the truth it would be you,” the figure then used some dark pink magic and lifted what looked like a necklace with a black crystal embedded in it “use this, when the time is right and then all the pieces will fall into place” and hearing that made Solar seem unsure for a second, in which the figured noticed and put their hoof on there back in comfort. “Trust me this will be the best for everyone, once the lies and secrets have been laid bare true harmony can shine, and after all, nothing will make me happier than to see a world where you are happy and where all my mistakes come to an end.”

Solar started to think hard about their words one more time and soon with a face of determination took the dark necklace and put it in his saddlebags and started to head out “I won’t let you down,” in which the figure looked at a nearby mirror and smiled

“I know you won’t.” and then vanished inside of it.

Author's Note:

I am open to writing criticism as I made this without an editor so any help with grammar or making the plots more interesting would be appreciated, as I try to get myself out my writer's block

Comments ( 4 )

Way better question.


What would she do if Equestria started falling apart?
https://images.app.goo.gl/4oWk1tUaMR6LSjuH6

11359146
I'm not sure what that link implies

11359386
nothing bad and the obvious

11359416
ahh I understand now

Login or register to comment