• Published 4th Aug 2022
  • 455 Views, 1 Comments

I Dare You - Silver_Cloudsky27



As we all know; Rainbow Dash loves flying... Fast. She wants her friends to experience the awesomeness of flight and speed but she doesn't know how... Until now.

  • ...
 1
 455

Bonus

"Starlight, Spike, I'm back!"

"Hey, Twilight. Spike is sleeping." Starlight smiled as Twilight smiled back and went past her to go to the library. "Uhh, Twilight? Why are you carrying a metal-looking thing on your back? And why does your mane look a little frazzled?" She asked curiously as she followed the purple alicorn.

"Oh, this?" She asked as she clicked a button on the metal and it turned into a jetpack. Starlight's mouth opened. "This is a machine called jetpack. Rainbow Dash dared me and the rest of our friends to implant them on our backs to fly with them. Apparently, she wanted us to feel what she feels while she's flying in the sky. We flew to every city in Equestria all day! It was amazing." The princess explained as she turned the jetpack into a flat piece of metal that was perfectly laying on her back and walked towards the library.

Every city of Equestria? Starlight thought in awe and trotted towards Twilight. "Do you think I should get one?"

"Of course! It would be fun flying with you too! I was about to ask the Princesses if they knew this existed, ask them if they would be interested in them, and a lesson I learned today. I'm not her student anymore but I don't see why not I shouldn't be sending her one friendship lesson for now."

"That good, huh?" She got a nod from Twilight who just entered the library. She then started walking towards the door. She opened it and got a hoof in the face. "Hey!"

"Oops, sorry, Starlight. Trixie was unaware that you would be opening the door when I expected my hoof to hit the door." Trixie apologized but eventually chuckled as her friend rubbed her face.

"Trixie! What are you doing here?"

"Trixie was gonna ask you if you wanna get jetpacks implanted on our backs."

"You know about that?"

"Of course. Seeing your other friends fly with them, being a unicorn, Trixie would like to give it a try. So I did a bit of research and found out that the pony who's selling is the one who'll attach the machine to us. The blue unicorn explained.

"I never thought of it that way and I was actually on my way to you to ask you about it."

"Well then let's go! Trixie is ready to soar through the sky!" Trixie said as she started to trot, Starlight doing the same behind her. And tricks with it too She thought, grinning excitedly.

_____-----------*********-----------_____

Twilight's castle

_____-----------*********-----------_____

Dear Princess Celestia,

Do you have any knowledge of a flying machine called a jetpack? It's a machine that allows anypony to fly. It can get you as fast as you want and lets you fly as if it was natural. As if they were your wings. I was wondering if you would be interested in them. They're really fun, especially if you do it with somepony else.

My friends and I learned something today too and it's that no matter how different you and your friends are, you'll still be able to enjoy each other's company. Getting able to learn from each other, laugh and talk to each other, and face countless challenges together no matter what.

The Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle.

PS: I know I don't have to send you friendship lessons anymore but this lesson had something to do with the jetpacks; specifically on what they do. Rainbow Dash wanted our friends to experience the joy and the adrenaline rush she feels while flying. Flying means so much to her, it's amazing. I hope you enjoy the jetpacks if you get them.

"There. Now I only have to wait for Spike to wake up." Twilight said as she rolled the paper.

"A letter? What for?" Spike asked as he entered the library.

"Oh! Hey, Spike. I was wondering if you could send this letter to me. I stated in the letter that Celestia and the other princesses would like to get a machine called a jetpack. It allows anypony to fly with them as if they were wings." The alicorn explained.

"Can't you already fly?" He asked.

"Well, yes. But this is different, it allows you to fly fast while giving its user control unlike any other. I don't know how but I have some theories."

"Yeah, but why bother telling the princesses about it? They'll probably find out about this new technology soon."

"I just wanted to tell them myself." The purple pony said as she hovered the letter in front of the dragon.

"Okay then..." Spike then took the letter from Twilight's magic and was about to send it to Princess Celestia until the door suddenly opened and revealed Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"Princesses! What are you doing here?" Twilight frantically asked.

"Earlier today, we saw you and your friends flying. I had no idea how all of you were doing it until I saw something on your backs. I didn't know what they were but I saw posters all around Canterlot and saw rocket looking machine. I had somepony call the seller. My sister was up as well since it was almost time for her to raise the moon." Celestia explained as she motioned to her sister.

"We got them implanted on our backs as soon as we knew what they do. I mean, who doesn't want to fly in the air with such incredible speed?" Luna said with excitement and chuckled as she finished, her sister chuckling as well.

"Well probably go on adventures with them if we can but duty calls." The sun goddess finished.

Twilight was about to say something until Spike spoke.

"Starlight is on her way to getting one, right?"

"She was with Trixie. We saw them entering as Luna and I were testing out the jetpack and then Luna decided to head here and let you join in on the fun too. I agreed since I forgot that you were the one that made me curious about it." Celestia explained.

"I actually have a letter that I was about to send you but you can read that later." The purple princess hovered the letter to the tall, regal alicorn who gave her a nod and consumed the letter with her magic.

"You got me into the fun just by talking about it! I'm going to try and catch up to Starlight." exclaimed the dragon as he flew out of the library and the castle.

The others still stared at the door and laughed.

"So, Twilight. Where were you and your friends headed when you all flew over Canterlot?" Celestia asked.

"Everywhere," She chuckled as the two alicorns looked at Twilight with confused faces. "It all started when..."


The End

For real this time

Comments ( 1 )

This story was okay for a wacky comedy, not bad, but not particularly good either. The premise itself is funny, but the execution just seemed a bit predictable and didn't do as much as it could have. I would have preferred it if there was a bit more humor beyond just the wacky premise itself.

Login or register to comment