• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,523 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,523

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 64: Very Bad Hair Day

Chapter 64: Very Bad Hair Day

At the Crystal Brighthouse, Sunny and Sunset came into the bedroom with Sunny rolling a tray cart while Sunset held some drinks for Pipp. “Yoo-hoo!” Sunny cheered with a wave as she and Sunset walked up to Pipp’s bed.

“Pipp! It’s time to get up,” Sunset said with a smile as she and Sunny walked closer while Sunny held up a plate of stacked pancakes.

“When you taste these pancakes, you are gonna hit the…” Sunny trailed off as Pipp stood up with a yawn before she gave a yelp and the pancakes hit the ceiling.

Sunset was confused by this as she turned to them, “What got you startled Sun-Whoa!” She exclaimed while dropping the cups.

What they saw was Pipp giving a tired smile, but that wasn’t what startled them, what startled them was Pipp’s mane that is all wild and in an unkept mess as she gave a yawn.

Sunny and Sunset gave awkward smiles at what they saw, “Through… the roof,” Sunny finished before the pancakes fell on her head.

“Yikes,” Sunset cringed quietly at how wild Pipp’s mane was.

“Pipp then made it to her mirror and started brushing her wild mane, “I’ll be right with you Sunny and Sunset…” She trailed off when she saw her reflection and saw her wild mane with wide eyes, “O…M… Me! Am I having a…” She trailed off again with teary eyes at what she was about to say next, “Bad hair day?!” She questioned in panic.

Pipp gasped as she rushed up to Sunny and Sunset and shook the two ponies, “Tell me I’m not having a bad hair day, girls?!” She cried out.

Sunny and Sunset moved back with an uncertain look, “Uh, well, I-I-I mean it’s a little weird, for sure, unlike the time when Sunny had her bed mane,” Sunset said uncertainly with an uncertain smile since Pipp’s mane is way too wild then Sunny’s when she has a bed mane, as Pipp still gave a panic look.

“Not helping, Sunset!” Pipp exclaimed anxiously.

“Right, sorry,” Sunset said sheepishly.

“But, no, no, no. But, We-We’re sure we can brush it out, right?” Sunny asked as she quickly ed around Pipp’s mane back to its original style, which made the Pegasus smile, “See?” She asked with a smile.

“Back to normal,” Sunset said with a smile, but then it was just live when Pipp’s mane suddenly popped back into its wild unkept place, which knocked the two ponies to the ground while Pipp gave wide-eyes from that.

“Ugh!” Pipp cried out as she started hyperventilating, “How... am I... meant to work... when I look... like this?!” She questioned while tugging her mane.

Sunny and Sunset looked at each other as they thought of a way for them to help Pipp out before they turned and saw the lamp cover, Sunny gave an uncertain smile to Pipp, “Uh, well…” Sunny started with a nervous smile.

“You’re gonna have to cover that mane up,” Sunset finished with a sheepish smile while pointing to the lamp across the room.

Pipp followed where Sunny and Sunset were looking as she gasped at what their idea was.

Sunset turned to Sunny, “Maybe I could accompany her to Mane Melody, just in case,” She offered as Sunny nodded in agreement, knowing that Pipp needed the support.


A little bit later, Sunset accompanied Pipp to Mane Melody with the lamp cap on her mane as Pipp whimpered and placed a piece of her mane back into the lamp cover on her head, “This is so embarrassing!” She cried out.

“Sorry, Pipp, but for some reason, that mane has a mind of its own,” Sunset said with an apologetic look, “When we get to Mane Melody, maybe some specialists will help you out,”

“I hope so,” Pipp said as she saw two ponies coming by as she hid behind a pillar, and Dreamy and a foal walked off as Pipp came out of hiding.

“Okay, Pipp, let’s be quick before any other see you,” Sunset said as Pipp nodded the two walked off before they bumped into Dahlia, who had a bag over her head before she gave a panicked look like Pipp, “Dahlia?” Sunset asked in confusion.

Dahlia gave a nervous laugh, “Hey, Pipp, Sunset. Lovely weather we're having.” She said while rubbing the back of her head.

Pipp responded with the same expression, “Heeeey, Dahlia—” She cut off when she and Sunset screamed when Dahlia’s mane started hissing and hair came out from the bag before Dahlia grabbed it and closed it shock before Pipp gasped, “You, too?!” She asked while grabbing Dahlia.

“You’re mane is wild as well?!” Sunset asked as well as Dahlia nodded, “That’s strange,” She commented.

Just then, Pipp and Sunset turned and saw something that made them surprised. “What... Wait, what?!” Pipp exclaimed they saw many ponies in front of Mane Melody wearing pots, big hats, bags, or buckets on their heads.

“Okay, if it was one, it would be strange, but this many? This is weird, even by Maretime Bay standards,” Sunset commented while finding this a bit strange and suspicious that everypony was wearing things on their heads like Pipp as they walked in front of the crowd.

“What is happening?!” Pipp questioned before the wind blew and blew her lamp cap away, “Huh?” She asked before she yelped and grabbed the lamp cap before it flew away, “Phew!” She said in relief.

Sunset gave wide eyes since Pipp had forgotten that they were not alone, “Uh, Pipp?” She asked as she pointed to the crowd, which made Pipp gasp as her wild mane showed before the crowd they gasped as well at seeing Pipp like that, “Well, that plan didn’t work well,” She commented while placing a hoof on her face.

Pipp started whimpering as she put the lamp cap back on and she and Sunset walked up to the crowd, “Pipp! There you are!” Posey called out as she pushed through the crowd while showing a bottle spray from Mane Melody, “We all used your new mane softener, and this is what happened!” She called out as she took the pot off her mane began to hiss and snarl for some reason while holding a cane.

“Holy! Okay, that is really creepy and strange,” Sunset commented at seeing a mane alive like that.

“Exactly!” Pipp exclaimed.

“That's nothing!” Fifi exclaimed as the ponies turned to her as she took off her cap, “Mine's learned to juggle!” She exclaimed as her mane was juggling bananas on her head.

“Okay, despite it being alive, that’s impressive, to be honest,” Sunset said honestly since a mane juggling is a bit impressive but still creepy that it’s hissing and snarling while alive.

“Yes, but it’s still scary!” Fifi exclaimed while her mane is good at juggling, it being alive is still creepy.

“Mine won't stop eating things!” Rocky exclaimed as his mane was holding a racoonicorn and began to chomp at it, “Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!” He yelled to his mane while waving his hooves.

“Okay, this is bad,” Sunset exclaimed as she blasted Rocky’s mane, which hissed at the shot it received as it released the racoonicorn before Sunset caught it and brought it down as it scurried away, “This is way more freaky and weird, and I’ve seen strange things,” She noted.

Pipp gave a nervous smile at the crowd, “Well, lucky for you ponies, I have the solution right behind this very lockable door!” She said nervously as she opened the door and dragged Sunset in, which the Alicorn gave a yelp, “Okay, bye!” She said quickly before she slammed the door and locked it.

The crowd looked in shock as they walked up to the door to try and get it open so that Pipp could help them.


Inside the salon, Pipp gave a relief sigh as Sunset gave her a brow, “Your products are on the fritzs again, Pipp?” Sunset asked suspiciously since if one of Pipp’s products was the problem, Pipp must’ve caused something to make things happen like making manes come to life.

“To be honest, this is a shock, even for me,” Pipp confessed since she had no idea what happened.

“Pipp! Sunset!” A voice is heard, which makes the two ponies scream in startled as they turn and see Windy smiling next to them wearing her badge sash while her mane is normal.

“Windy?!” Sunset asked in surprise as she and Pipp took deep breaths, “Oh, you startled us,” She said.

“Sorry, I was already waiting inside,” Windy apologized.

“Oh, what are you doing here?” Pipp asked, wondering why Windy was in Mane Melody.

“Just the pony I was looking for, Pipp!” Windy said happily, “I'm right on time for my nine A.M. hooficure!” She explained before she saw a bottle similar to the one Posey showed, “Oh! Is this a new mane softener?” She asked as she picked up the bottle.

Both Sunset and Pipp panicked, thinking Windy would use it on her mane, “Windy! Wait!” Sunset exclaimed.

“Uh, no-no-no, I wouldn't if I—!” Pipp panicked.

And then, a drip came out of the bottle as it hit a flower and its petals grew a bit as it gave a hiss, making Windy shock at what happened as Pipp’s lamp cap came off to reveal her wild mane.

“Pipp, just confess,” Sunset said with a look since Pipp couldn’t hide something like this.

Pipp knew that Sunset was right as she gave in, “All right, you caught me! My new mane softener is turning everypony's hair into monsters!” She whimpered as she tugged her mane as they hissed and moved on their own.

“And apparently have a mind of their own!” Sunset added as Pipp’s mane was about to punch her, but she ducked as they punched the air, “Like that if they’re alive!” She added.

They heard pounding as they turned and looked out the window and saw two mane pieces as they revealed to be Flare's and Rufus’ manes, they pulled said ponies to the windows with their face to the glass, which made the three ponies scream.

“Sunset, have this happened before to your time?!” Pipp questioned in panic.

“No! This is new! And I’ve never seen manes move on their own before, or having their own minds to it!” Sunset exclaimed as she dodged another punch from Pipp’s mane she quickly caught it, “And apparently, they are really sentivies!” She added as she pulled Pipp’s mane back.

“Well, we have to do something to stop this!” Pipp exclaimed with her hooves on her cheeks.

Windy looked at the manes while thinking with her hoof on her chin, “Hmm. I'm sure I've seen this before.” She said, trying to remember where she saw this kind of symptom before.

Oh, what am I gonna do, ponies? This is a disaster!” Pipp cried out dramatically as she pulled her face at the monster manes the ponies were having.

“What did you put into that bottle, Pipp?” Sunset asked.

“Nothing special, just my usual mixtures for the products but they've never done anything like this before!” Pipp cried out.

“Did you put in Sunny’s magic glitter again?” Sunset asked.

“No! I got rid of those when they turned us into foals! And I swear to never touch them again!” Pipp pointed out that since she had gotten rid of her magic glitter supplies it caused them trouble, and Sunset is holding onto the supplies.

“Well, whatever gotten into your product, it really causing the manes to go crazy,” Sunset said, seeing that they were at a dead end with no lead on how to stop this, “Windy, got any ideas?” She asked.

Windy thought for a second before she spoke, “Well, in Trail Trotters, we learn to stay calm and assess the situation, so, in this very particular case…” She started before they heard the pounding and saw Flare and Rufus’ manes burst through the window as it shattered, dragging the two ponies inside as more came from under the door, “...I believe we should RUUUUN!” She cried out as she, Pipp, and Sunset screamed as they ran out the back.

“I second that!” Sunset exclaimed as the monster manes from Rufus and Flare came after them with hissing sounds as the three ponies screamed and ran out the backdoor.

The three ponies made it out and quickly shut the door before the monster manes came at them, “Phew!” The three sigh in relief.

“Well, this is nuts,” Sunset commented as the three nodded in agreement, “But now how are we gonna get around if these Monster Manes see us? Because I have a feeling they don’t like ponies,” She said.

“We’re gonna need disguises to make sure they don’t see us,” Windy suggested.

The three think of a plan, before they turned saw three costumes of Pipp’s products with some old trash, which made Pipp smile. “Hmmm. I think I found the right ones,” She said.


A couple of minutes later, Windy, Pipp, and Sunset were in costumes as they walked out of the alleyway, Pipp’s mane hissed before Pipp got it back into the costume as they saw many ponies manes hissing and snarling as they hit each other or moving around, while ones like Rocky’s ate a mailbox.

The three ponies walked past the crowd before the manes gave a roar as it noticed the three ponies, which made them scream as they started running.

“Well, these things are smart!” Sunset exclaimed as she started blasting the Monster Manes, but they simply shrugged off as a couple of hair grew back after falling off, “And these things are tough, let’s just run like crazy to Hitch!” She exclaimed.

“Agreed!” Both Windy and Pipp called as they kept screaming the Monster Manes roared at them as it gave chase to the three ponies.


At the Sheriff Station, Hitch, who has been wearing a towel on his mane and body since he just got out of the shower, just managed to put Sparky to bed.

“Phew. Finally.” Hitch said in relief, but then the door opened up and then slammed, which startled not only Hitch but Sparky as well, who breathed out Dragonfire onto Hitch’s face, which is covered in soot as Sparky gave a burp. “Hey!” Hitch exclaimed as he turned and wiped the soot off his face.

But once he turned around, he saw Pipp’s panicked expression and Monster Mane as it started hissing, “Aah!” Hitch yelled out in fright.

“It's okay! It's me! It's Pipp!” Pip quickly said as Hitch still looked scared at what happened.

“Sorry to barge into the station, Hitch. But we have a serious problem!” Sunset exclaimed as she barricaded the door to keep the monster manes out.

“What happened to you, Pipp? And what problem are you saying, Sunset?” Hitch questioned them with a brow.

Pipp gave a nervous-panicked expression, “Okay, long story short, new mane softener turns hair into monsters, monsters chasing us, need a hideout—” She tried to explain.

Hitch gave a shocked expression as she gave a panicked one, “Wait, you mean... this mane softener?” He said nervously as he shakingly lifted up a bottle of the product.

Both Sunny and Sunset gave shocked and worried expressions, “Uh, Hitch, tell me you didn’t use that while you were showering?” Sunset asked hopefully.

“I did use it,” Hitch revealed with a grim look.

Pipp gave a nervous smile from that, “Oh, boy.” She said.

“This isn’t good,” Sunset muttered.

Hitch’s towel on his head shook as his mane burst out while hissing, “What's happening to me?!” He cried out.

“Long story, somehow, mane softener, make manes into monsters, have a mind of their own, and now are causing chaos!” Sunset summarized quickly.

“Okay, got it!” Hitch called out his mane gone wild.

Sparky then suddenly appeared in Pipp’s wild mane as he started laughing and moving around.

“Not now, Sparky! We're trying to panic here!” Pipp called out as Sparky grabbed some hair and tied it together to make a mustache over his face.

Windy saw this as she thought for a moment before she gasped, “That's it! Oh, I'm a genius!” She exclaimed as she brought out her Trotter’s book and flipped through the pages, “I know where I've seen this hair before!”

“Well, fill us in, Windy!” Sunset exclaimed as she used some of her magic to hold some of Hitch’s mane down as they struggled to break free.

Windy found a page that showed a dragon with a beard over his face, “Here! Look! In the Trail Trotters Guide to the Dragon Lands!” She exclaimed as Pipp tried to get Sparky off while Sunset kept Hitch’s mane in place the two stopped when they heard what Windy said.

“Dragons?” Both Sunset and Pipp asked at the same time.

“This has something to do with dragons?” Sunset asked before she looked through the book and went wide eyes, “Pipp, it says here that if a piece of dragon hair is put into a content like mane products, the hairs will go out of control!” She exclaimed.

“What?!” Pipp exclaimed before she shook her head to process what she just learned, “Wait. A-Are you saying that Sparky--” She started as she had a flashback.


Flashback.

Yesterday at Mane Melody, Sparky grew a mustache through his nose, which he plucked out and and toss it into the pot filled with Pipp’s mane softener with a shrug and walked off with a smile as it gave off a black and hissing purple smog with bubbles forming.

“--grew a dragon hair, plucked it out, dropped it in my product,” Pipp continued as her tone got higher in shock.

End of Flashback.


“And accidentally created some sort of mutant pony/dragon magic hair monster potion?!” Pipp finished in shock as she clutched her head with still on her head with giggles.

Windy gave a nervous smile, “Yes! Oh, my hoofness, that's exactly what I'm saying, just with less words!” She said.

“That’s a mouthful,” Sunset commented with wide eyes, “Well, at least we know this isn’t your fault this time, Pipp. And wow, this is something about dragons I never knew about,” She said, since knowing about dragons from Twilight, this information was new and interesting about dragon hair.

Hitch gave a nervous smile at them, “I don't want to alarm anyone, but... help me!” He cried out as his mane lifted him up from the floor and it gave a roar.

Windy, Pipp, and Sunset walked back while Pipp was holding Sparky, “Oh! Stay back, you unruly mane monster!” Windy yelled as she and the other two ponies dodged a strike from it, “Oh!” She yelped.

“I think you made it angry!” Sunset exclaimed as she dodged each strike before she flew around and blasted them back to their distances. “This is a new level of bad hair day, emphasis on ‘bad’!” She exclaimed.

“And a pretty untamed and evil!” Pipp exclaimed as she held Sparky while dodging each hair strike as she flew around as well.

“We need to find a cure for these things! Windy, any ideas!” Sunset exclaimed while ducking a hair swipe.

“Uh, sorry, they didn’t put that detail on the book,” Windy said sheepishly as she dodged another strike.

“Oh, great,” Pipp muttered before dodging another strike, but a piece of hair tickled Sparky’s nose.

“Ah... Ah…” Sparky then gave a sneeze, which brought out his dragonfire, which hit Hitch from that, but surprisingly, Hitch’s mane returned to normal as he fell to the floor with a thud.

Pipp and Sunset gasped in shock at what they saw, “Did you ponies see that?! Sparky’s dragonfire reverses the Monster Mane effect!” Sunset exclaimed at what Sparky just did to restore Hitch’s mane to normal.

Pipp then got an idea from that, “That's it! Dragonfire can fix this!” She exclaimed as she placed Sparky down and brought out an empty spray,” Okay, here we go, Sparky! Give me some of that dragonfire!” She encouraged as she opened the bottle and placed it in front of Sparky.

Sparky responded as he breathed out his dragonfire into the bottle, which caused it to be filled before Pipp closed it up and sprayed herself with some dragonfire as her monster mane returned back to normal.

“Looks like if a dragon hair caused the problem, then dragonfire can reverse the process!” Sunset theorizes.

Pipp smirked as she chuckled, “That’s right, Sunset! Look out, bad hair day! I'm coming for you!” She said with a determined look.

Sunset gave a smirk of her own, “You wouldn’t happen to have more bottles, right?” She asked, and Pipp kept smirking and twirling her bottle, knowing the answer to that.


Back outside, the ponies' Monster Manes were still going crazy as Windy stood in front of them as she gave and laughing and waving her hoof to the manes, to which they responded as Posey’s and Windy’s hissed and charged right at Windy, which made the pegasus scared.

But then, Sunset and Pipp appeared in front of her while holding some bottles, “Time to give your manes a little heat treatment!” Sunset exclaimed as she and Pipp sprayed dragonfire at Posey and Fifi’s mane, which turned back to normal, which resulted in the umbrella and cane falling on their heads, but smiled as their manes were back to normal.

Rocky’s mane was then trying to eat Fifi’s fruit cart, but Windy, Sunset, and Pipp rolled by as they sprayed Rocky, turning his mane back to normal while the racoonicorn from earlier was somehow eaten up by it appeared on his back, who gave a tired expression from being eating by hair.

One by one, Pipp and Sunset sprayed more dragonfires at the Monster Manes as they dodged their strike attacks and sprayed each pony, first Rufus, Flare, and Dapple as their manes returned to normal while their bags or hats fell on their heads.

Windy is pulling on Glory to try and get her, Seashell, and Peach Fizz free as Glory’s mane is tied to a lamppost, Peach Fizz is tangled in the middle while Seashell is tied up in her own mane on the lampost with her eyes showing.

Then, Pipp and Sunset arrived and they sprayed dragonfire at the Pippsqueaks, which freed them as their manes returned to normal as they waved at the three ponies with grateful smiles as they returned the gesture before flying off.

After a few sprays and dodging strikes later, all the ponies’ manes were back to normal as the ponies smiled at their now normal manes. After the job is done, Pipp, Sunset, and Windy’s Cutie Marks start glowing as the three are in front of Mane Melody, Pipp gives a victorious smile as she twirls her bottle, and places it on her sash.

“Now that’s what I call dealing with wild manes,” Sunset commented with a smirk.

“You got that right, Sunset,” Pipp said with the same expression as the two hooftap together.

Windy then came up to them while wiping her forehead, “Phew! Well, paint me impressed, Pipp Petals! That was a very creative solution!” She complimented as Pipp smiled before Windy turned to Sunset, “And Sunset, way to help friends in need and keep them safe from harm's way,” She added as Sunset gave a smile as well, “One that any Trail Trotter would certainly get a badge for.” She said as she searched through her saddle bag.

Windy searched through her bag to find the right badges “Uhhh, do we have a Dragonfire Hair Mo—? Aha!” She exclaimed with sparkles in her eyes while bringing out two badges that each had a lightbulb on them, “The Big Ideas Badges!” She exclaimed, giving the badges to Sunset and Pipp.

Pipp and Sunset smiled at their badges with sparkles in their eyes, “Awww! Thanks, Windy!” Sunset exclaimed with a smile, “But we can’t take all the credit,” She said.

“Well, yeah, we couldn't have done it without your help, Windy!” Pipp added as she and Sunset put their badges away as the three entered Mane Melody, “Now, how about that hooficure?” She suggested as a shadow loomed over the three ponies.

The ponies stopped as they saw what was in front of them, it was the flower that Windy spilled the mane softener on earlier, which somehow grew huge and had a giant mouth while its petals were a huge monster mane as it gave a roar at the three ponies as the wind blows right at them from the roar.

“I think we got one last problem to deal with,” Sunset said with a determined smile as she brought out her dragonfire bottle. “Ready for round 2, Pipp?” She asked with a smirk.

Pipp gave a determined smile as well, “Yep, Juuuuust a sec, Windy.” She said as she and Sunset gave challenging looks at the plant monster as they opened up their dragonfire bottles and sprayed at it to return it to normal.

End of Chapter 64.

PreviousChapters Next