• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,524 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52: Ponytropico

Chapter 52: Ponytropico

In Maretime Bay, Hitch is whistling to other ponies, whether they be on carriage or on the streets, as he makes sure they aren’t distracted as he whistles hard, which he did so many times that he is sweating a bit.

Is the daily grind of your life getting you down?” Skye narrated as he was speaking.


In Mane Melody, Pipp is doing Posey’s mane as she is using a curling iron on her mane, but Pipp looks a little tired as he hummed to herself.

And then a few seconds later, Posey then starts screaming as Mane Melody literally shook and the roof lifted up as a couple of ponies outside stopped in startled by that.

Does it seem like nothing is going right?” Skye narrated again.

Inside, Posey kept screaming as the part of her mane Pipp was doing was burnt by the curling iron as Pipp gave Posey an apologetic look for her mistake.


In the Crystal Brighthouse, Izzy got stuck on a discarded tree bark with blue glitter like glue, which she got all over herself and the tree.

“Oh... That's not good.” Izzy said to herself nervously now that she is stuck. “Hello? Anypony?” She called out as her voice echoed across the Brighthouse for help to get her unstuck, which nopony was there to help her at the moment while her friends were out.


Somewhere else in Maretime Bay, Sunny then skated from an alley as she skied across the floor, looking really tired as her smoothie cart then flew out of its harness and rolled across the ground as it crashed as Sunny gasped from what her cart crashed into.

Sunset then appeared while holding a couple of smoothies. “What happened, Sunny?” She asked in concern as Sunny then pointed to where her smoothie cart crashed as Sunset widened her eyes in surprise. “Whoa!” She said in surprise.

The smoothie cart crashes where Zipp and Rufus are, while the latter is in his clown costume as the two ponies are covered in smoothies and fruits as some of the other contents are on the floor.

Zipp groans tirelessly as she flies away as Rufus is licking some of the smoothie juice on his hoof with a small smile, finding it really tasty.

Sunny and Sunset then came next to Rufus while feeling a little embarrassed.

“Um... no charge for this one.” Sunny nervously said as she squeezed Rufus’ clown wig as the green smoothie out and into the cup as she gave a nervous smile as Rufus smiled at his smoothie.

“Sorry, about that Rufus. The cart flew off Sunny’s strap.” Sunset apologized to him.

“That’s okay, I don’t mind.” Rufus said, not bothered one bit.

Sunset nodded as she turned to Sunny in a concerned look. “Sunny, you and the others have been so busy lately, that you exhausted your energies. You are showing bags under your eyes.” She pointed out to Sunny having bags eyes.

Sunny sighs tirelessly as she speaks. “You’re right, Sunset. We’ve been so busy lately that we are getting exhausted as it is. Especially those Alicorn training we’ve been doing.” She said, while doing their daily jobs exhausted them, helping Sunny train her Alicorn magic is also getting to them.

“Well, you did ask to become the best Alicorn in Equestria to protect the crystals and everypony else, and we did agree to help you.” Sunset said as she placed a comforting hoof on Sunny. “But clearly it is pushing you to the limit, and I have a feeling that the others might not be faring well either. Even though I feel exhausted, just not much, but still.” She admitted, having a feeling that the others might be exhausted as well after being so busy. And then Sunset then have a thought. “You know, maybe this is a perfect time to go on a vacation after the hard work we all have been doing.” She suggested with a smile.

“A vacation? I like that.” Sunny said with a smile, liking the idea to go on vacation while giving a thoughtful look. “But where do we go on vacation?” She asked, having no idea where to go on a vacation.

“You’re asking the wrong pony. Ancient Equestria pony here, new era, different landscape and different areas that are unfamiliar.” Sunset listed out to remind Sunny about who she’s asking.

“Oh, right. Sorry.” Sunny apologized with a sheepish look, having forgotten that Sunset is from Ancient Equestria and that she doesn’t know all known places in the new era of her home.

Don't you wish you could just get away and take a break from it all?” Skye's voice is heard again as it got Sunny and Sunset’s attention as they look down and see Rufus' phone on the floor, showing Skye as he is telling about something as bushes are now covering him.

“Wow. That’s convenient.” Sunset commented as Sunny nodded in agreement as they listened in to what Skye is saying.


“Well, you can!” Skye announced as he is now wearing a tropical hat and sunglasses. “Paradise is much closer than you think. Isn't that right, Dazzle?” He asked with a smile as he looked at Dazzle in front of him.

Dazzle is slurping on a coconut while wearing a tropical hat and sunglasses as well. “It certainly is, Skye. Here at Ponytropico, there is something for everypony.” She said with a smile as he held out her coconut.

“Whoo-hoo-hoo!” An Earth Pony cheered as he was flying on a hang glider and flying towards the two News Pegasi.

“Incoming!” Skye called out as he and Dazzle ducked as the Earth Pony flew over them with a wide smile as they saw the Earth Pony and his friend on hang gliders as they flew around as the two News Pegasi are watching with a smile. “As you can see, Ponytropico has it all.” He continued as an Earth Pony flew by them, but yelped as he lost his balance on his glider and twirled around as he hit the ocean. Whether you're looking for adventure…” He listed out as an Earth Pony stallion is driving a speed boat with a Earth Pony mare water skiing as she giggled in excitement.

And then it showed four ponies on the beach, which showed the three unicorns, the middle one is an elderly mare, on the beach while levitation a bunch of rocks as they formed a heart as an Earth Pony mare is doing some patience about them.

“...or to find your inner creative.” Dazzle added.

“To be pampered in luxury…” Skye continued as it showed Flare and Jazz having a spa treatment as Flare is putting on some face mask with kiwis on her eyes while Jazz is next to her with kiwis on her eyes as well as she sighs in relaxation.

And then it showed some ponies relaxing or playing by the pool as a couple of ponies, a Pegasus mare and an Earth Pony stallion, are splashing each other, a couple of other are relaxing while Rocky and a Pegasus are slurping smoothies as a Pegasus mare dive into the pool.

“...or to just get some much needed rest and relaxation while you enjoy gourmet meals.” Dazzle said as it then showed Dahlia and an Earth Pony stallion tap their drinks together with a smile before they begin to drink while having a buffet behind them.

“So what are you waiting for?” Skye asked the viewers as he and Dazzle are shown on camera again.

“Book your vacation to Ponytropico today!” Dazzle finished as she pointed to a big luxurious resort with a couple of boats ponies are riding on.


At the Crystal Brighthouse, after Sunny and Sunset saw the video, they called their friends back at the Brighthouse to show them as the two ponies showed their friends the video as they saw the whole thing.

The Mane 6, san Sunny and Sunset, gave sounds of awe with sparkles in their eyes while Sunset and Sunny smiled at the video after seeing it the first time.

“All right! It's vacation time, baby!” Zipp said in excitement between her friends' voices.

Hitch gave a sigh as he gave a small smile. “Ponytropico. I could sure use a relaxing trip like that.” He said as Sparky ran by giggling, after he tripped, he got back up and ran off giggling again before he crashed into something as he kept giggling, which made Hitch widen his eyes from when he heard that. “Sparky!” He called out as he ran towards Sparky as Sunny watched him go from that.

“And did you see those ponies on water skis?” Zipp asked her friends in excitement with a smile as she held her hooves together with sparkles in her eyes. “I'd love to try that!” She said in excitement as Izzy gave a smile with sparkles in her eyes as well.

“And, perhaps, this vacation could give me a chance to explore other parts of new era Equestria and possibly even dig up some small clues to the bigger recurring mystery.” Sunset said with a small smile, wanting to see another part of Equestria that she would like to see. “Well, the former is more likely than the latter, but you never know.” She added with a shrug.

Twilight appeared from the amulet as she gave a smile to them. “Well, you ponies have been working hard these last few days, especially Sunny’s Alicorn training, you ponies deserve a vacation like this.” She said to them, agreeing with their idea of vacation after what they’ve been through.

Sunny smiled at her friends as she spoke. “Well, I sure am glad you ponies think it looks fun, because…” She said with a smirk before she gave squeals as she held up six tickets with a wide smile. “Everypony, pack your bags! Ponytropico, here we come!” She announced with a smile and her hoof raised.

The rest of Mane 6, and Sparky, start cheering with smiles and sparkles in their eyes.

“Sunny, you are an amazing pony!” Sunset called out as she hugged Sunny, who giggled in response.

“I do anything for my friends, Sunset.” Sunny answered as she returned the hug to Sunset.


A little bit later, the Mane 6 went out to close off their business for their vacation, Sunny and Sunset went to the smoothie stand and closed it up.


In Mane Melody, Pipp is turning her sign to ‘Close’ as the curtains close.


And then somewhere, Izzy click a lock one of the wheels of her motor scooter as she hummed happily to herself as she skipped away cheerfully.


At the Sheriff Station, Hitch is locking up the station as Sparky is on his back, but before he could move, he gasps in surprise as he and Sparky look down.

What they are seeing is Hitch’s critters crying as the raccoonicorns and bunnicorns are hugging his hooves while the Pegasnails are flying around him as they cry their tears out, clearly sad that Hitch is leaving.

“Come on. It's only for a week. You critters will be fine.” Hitch assured his critters as he patted the racoonicorn on the head with a smile as he walked off as the critters watches him go with teary eyes.

A racoonicorn then starts crying again as he then grab a Pegasnail in front of him, which only Hitch would understand if he was still close to them. “We have to…” He held the Pegasnail close as he sniffled. “...stay strong for each other!” He finished as he and the Pegasnail then cried together as they held each other.


A little bit later, the Mane 6 are in their vacation gears as they got into the Marestream as Pipp giggled as she went in first, Hitch is next as he laugh with Sparky on his back, Sunny next with a giggle, Sunset next with a smirk, and then Izzy as she twirled around before heading inside as the door close as Zipp are already inside.

Zipp is in the driving area as she pressed the button with a smile. The Marestream started up as it moved forward, but really slowly as it then screeched to a stop for some reason.

Zipp kept pressing the button as she started grunting as she looked at the lantern and the steering wheel. “Come on! Ugh!” She groaned in frustration.

Sunset then came to them in confusion. “What’s going on? Shouldn’t we be taking off by now?” She questioned them about the delay.

“We should.” Zipp said, but then had a feeling why they didn’t take off as she turned to her sister. “Pipp!” She yelled to her sister next to her, who was holding out her phone.

Sunset has the same feeling as well. “Pipp, what did we talk about?” She questioned with a stern look under her sunglasses.

“Ugh, fine.” Pipp said as she then tossed her overpacked luggage out of the Marestream as she dusted her hooves.

“Mental note; teach Pipp on how to pack light.” Sunset muttered since Pipp kept overpacking her luggage just for a trip or vacation.

“I heard that.” Pipp called out while looking at Sunset.

“Am I wrong?” Sunset countered with a smirk.

Pipp raised her hoof, but then lowered it. “Fair point.” She said as the door closed and the Marestream finally took off.


A little bit later, the Marestream zoomed through the sky as the others were looking out the window while watching the clouds pass by with Twilight out of the necklace.

“Man, I just love the clouds passing by us.” Sunset said with a smile.

It never stops calming your mind.” Twilight commented with a smile.

“You said it, Twilight.” Sunset added.

“I spy... Ooh!” Izzy called out as she and the others saw something. “A bunch of very dangerous-looking storm clouds.” She said cheerfully.

“Wait, storm clouds?” Sunset asked in worried when Izzy mentioned storm clouds as she and the others widened their eyes underneath their sunglasses. “This is not good.” She said in concern.

They went to Zipp in worried expressions.

“Uh, Zipp? Are you sure we—?” Sunny tried to ask but was cut off.

“Don't worry, ponies. I've got everything under control.” Zipp assured her she didn’t see the lightning strikes that were flashing. “I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Just a little rain.” She added with a slight chuckle.

Just then thunder starts forming as the Marestream shook around as Zipp tried to keep it balance as the rest of the Mane 6 starts screaming as they are being rattled around the Marestream, except Izzy and Sparky as they are laughing around.

“‘Just a little rain.’ she said! You really need to pay more attention to things closely, Zipp!” Sunset called out as they kept shaking around.

“Now’s not the time, Sunset!” Zipp called out as she started sweating nervously as she kept the steering balance.

The Marestream was then struck by lightning, which caused Sunny’s lantern to go off as the rainbow and prism beam magic faded, which caused the Marestream to lose power as it fell from the sky.

The Mane 6 then starts screaming again, except Sparky and Izzy as they cheered as they fell from the sky.

“Brace yourselves, ponies!” Sunset called out as the ponies brace themselves for impact.


A little bit later, Zipp is inside the Marestream, which is in a pile of mud, as she grunted as she pressed a few buttons.

“How are we doing, Zipp!” Sunset called out as she and the others were behind the Marestream.

“Almost got it...!” Zipp answered as she kept pressing buttons.

Just then, the Marestream’s engine started up as the tailpipes sputtered out rainbow color.

The others cheered from this, but then the Marestream splattered some mud on them as they groaned from this as Sparky fell from Hitch, except for Izzy as she smiled.
“It’s very facial.” Izzy said cheerfully, not bothered by this.

“Well, that didn’t turn out well.” Sunset commented dully.

Izzy then turned to her friends with a smile. “Hey, everypony, look on the bright side. At least Pipp still got her spa day.” She joked as she snickered. “Dah-dah, dah!” She intimidated a drum shot with a smile and a wave of her hooves.

Said Pipp is covered in mud as she gave whimpering sounds. “Too soon, Izzy! Too soon!” She whimpered as she gave Izzy an irritated look from that bad joke.

“And not to mention that joke didn’t cheer any of us up.” Sunset added with a bored expression.

“All we need to do is stay calm.” Hitch advises his friends. “Luckily for all of you, I packed a map that will show us exactly how to get—” He said as he held up a map, but was cut off as he saw Sparky eating the map up as the baby dragon dangled from the map with his mouth. “Aah!” Hitch called out in surprise as he dropped what’s left of the map and Sparky.

Sparky landed on the floor as he ate up the rest of the map and then burps as he rubbed his stomach and spits up a little bit of dragon fire.

Hitch just gave a sigh. “Oh.” He commented.

“Should’ve predicted that Sparky would do that.” Sunset commented as she figured Sparky would eat the map as she then lifted up her phone. “And it looks like there’s no cell service. Meaning we have no phones to help us get back or call for help. And I don’t think the Marestream has a built in radio.” She added, seeing another problem they are in since they don’t have cell service and that the Marestream doesn’t have a radio.

“No it doesn’t. There wasn’t one when it was first created.” Zipp said as she got out of the Marestream and headed to her friends, stating that she checked the Marestream from top to bottom, and it doesn’t have a radio built in.

Pipp was not liking the situation they were in. “Not only are we gonna miss the ferry to Ponytropico, now we are lost, too?!” She asked in frustration. “Ugh! Could this day get any worse?!” She questioned in frustration.

Just then, thunderstruck as it now started pouring down rain as the Mane 6 gave dull expressions from this karma.

“Pipp, word of future advice: No matter HOW bad ANY situation already is, NEVER ask how it can get worse.” Sunset said dully without looking. “Nineteen times out of twenty, it not only answers, but it proves to make the situation AT LEAST twenty times worse.” She added, since saying something like that always happens.

“Noted.” Pipp said dully as well, should’ve seen that coming.

Sparky then smiles as he then jumps into the mud puddle as he begins to giggle and toss some mud around as he is having fun.

The Mane 6 looked at Sparky playing in the mud as they looked up at the rain cloud as they took off their sunglasses for a better look as they began to laugh, having an idea of fun as Izzy then hopped and splash some mud on her friends.

(Work, Work, Work Song)

Just then, the Mane 6 are having a mud fight as Sunny through some mud at Pipp’s face, which made the pegasus give an irritated look but then give a mischievous smirk at Sunny from that, clearly saying that ‘it’s game on’.

(Mane 6)
Just a little touch-up
Just a little paint
And we'll be done in no time

(Izzy)
Hey, this is looking great!

Zipp is chasing after Hitch and Sparky with a laugh as Izzy gets up and rubs some mud on her face with a smile.

Hitch then splash some mud on Sunny as the Earth Pony mare covered her face with a smile, but then they, including Sparky, suddenly got covered completely in mud from above as they looked up and saw Zipp, Pip and Sunset holding a sheet filled with mud as they smiled playfully at the two Earth Ponies and baby dragon as they smiled back at their playful trick.

(Mane 6)
'Cause they say there is magic
In every pony (every pony)

Inside the Marestream, the Mane 6 hunkered down and cleaned off the mud on them with towels wrapped around them and having some cup of tea and Pipp doing her mane. Sunny and Sunset then came behind Zipp and Pipp with smiles as they held out a couple of picnic blankets and spread them out.

And when I need a hoof
I've got you there beside me

A little bit later, they set up the picnic food they packed spread out in the Marestream as they are enjoying their meal, but then Sparky got between Sunny and Hitch, as they and Zipp are eating their food as Sparky grab Hitch’s food and ate it in one good as Hitch turned and saw in surprise that his food is gone as his friends saw this in surprise as well.

Gonna work, work, work
Got so much to do
Well, I don't mind the work

And then after their meal, they decided to past the time to play cards, Zipp looked at her sisters while whistling innocently as Pipp turned in shock at her sister looking at her cards as Zipp gave an innocent smile while sweating nervously as Pipp just gave a dull look as she pushes her sister back.

Hitch then places down his last card while he and Sparky raise their arms/hooves in victory while the others smile or laugh while Zipp looks down at the fact that she lost and Sunset tosses her cards in the air playfully at her defeat.

The Mane 6 then huddled together as they sang together as Pipp was flying around them while singing through her microphone.

'Cause I get to work with you (Pipp: I get to work with you!)
Gonna work, work, work
Make our dreams come true

The Mane 6’s cutie marks then begins to glow and sparkle as that magic flows to Sunny’s lantern, its rainbow and magic is recharged as it levitated to its spot and was hooked into place.

'Cause when we work together
There's nothing we, nothing we can't do!

The lantern’s magic power up the Marestream again as Zipp got back on the wheel and got it out of the mud as the Mane 6 gasped in amazement from that as the Marestream lifted up from the ground and into the air as they all smiled and muttered in awed, some with sparkles in their eyes like Pipp.

“The Marestream is free from the mud!” Sunset announced with a wide smile.

“Whoo-hoo!” Sunny cheered with her hoof raised. “Come on, ponies! If we hurry, we might still be able to catch the last ferry of Ponytropico!” She announced as the Mane 6 cheered.


A little bit later, the Mane 6 made it to the docks in their vacation gear, but they looked off in the distance as Izzy spoke.

“Oh, there it goes!” Izzy cheered as she pointed her hoof in the distance, which is the ferry as it shipped off in the distance, too far to even fly there or called it out. “Ohhhh, there it goes.” Izzy repeated, realizing what she said.

“We missed the ferry. And apparently we can’t fly there and even if we did, other ponies might try to make an unfair vantage to anypony who missed the ferry.” Sunset said, seeing that they can’t fly to the ferry, whether they want to or not.

“That is true, Sunset. Can’t break a law.” Hitch nodded in agreement as the others looked down as they missed the ferry.

Sunny blinked for a bit before she gave a small smile. “Hey, there's always next year, ponies.” She said to her friends that they can try again next year as her friends gave down expressions, while Pipp begins to tear up as Sunny continues. “Anyway, we don't need Ponytropico to have fun. Right?” She asked her friends with a smile.

Sunset then begins to smile from Sunny’s words. “She’s right, guys. Sure we miss the ferry to Ponytropico, but we can still have fun in our own way with each other.” She said to them.

Pipp gave a thought for a sec before she smiled and wiped her tears away. “Yeah. I can't believe I'm saying this, but who needs a luxury spa?” She asked her friends with a smile.

“Or pony paragliding?” Zipp added as she took off her sunglasses with a smile.

“Or a restful day at the beach?” Hitch spoke next with a smile.

Izzy lifted her sunglasses over her head as she spoke. “Or a beautiful seashell mosaic?” She finished.

“We do all those in Maretime Bay anyway.” Sunset pointed out. “So we may not have made it to Ponytropico, but there is always next year.” She assured as she smiled as the Mane 6 huddled together. “But we can still have fun in our own ways.” She added.

“All we really need for an amazing holiday is... each other.” Sunny finished as they huddled together and leaned at each other's heads as they gave each other smiles as they didn’t notice that their cutie marks were glowing.

Zipp then has a thought as she gasps and looks at her friends with a smile. “You ponies thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?” She asked her friends with a smile as they smiled in return.

“I think we know what you’re thinking, Zipp.” Sunset said with a smirk.


A little bit later, the Mane 6 returned to the Marestream and landed back at the spot they crashed in with laughs.

(Work, Work, Work Song continued)
(Mane 6)
...I don't mind the work
'Cause I get to work with you

They then got out of the Marestream as Zipp set up some lights around the marestream.

Zipp and Pipp are in the mud puddle as they are getting a mud bath while taping each other's glass cups while their faces are covered in mud masks.

Gonna work, work, work
Make our dreams come true

Inside the Marestream, Sunny is blending some smoothies in her blender as Hitch came in with a basket full of berries with a smile to Sunny as Sunny smiled wide at the berries.

Outside, Sunset has finished setting up their camp outside the Marestream with a fireplace, table and blankets around as Zipp is roasting her marshmallow as they enjoy their vacation together.

'Cause when we work together
There's nothing we, nothing we can't do!

Sparky burped out some dragon fire after eating a bowl full of snacks, which startled the group for a moment when his dragon fire shoot up, but then the Mane 6 starts laughing together, finding funny a bit as they enjoy their time together, sure they didn’t make it to Ponytropico, but at least they have each other to spend time with.

End of Chapter 52.

PreviousChapters Next