• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,523 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,523

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 49: Mission Imponable

Chapter 49: Mission Imponable

“Aaaahhh!” Misty screamed as she was somehow falling from the sky as she was heading towards the front of the Brighthouse while wearing skydiving gear.

Just then, the amulet opened up as Opaline appeared. “Honestly Mis…” She started but then she noticed that Misty was falling from the sky. “Whaaat is happening!?” She cried out in shock and surprise.

Misty eyes are covered in Opaline’s cloud dust from the amulet as she tries to fan it away as she can’t see. “Opaline, can’t see!” Misty called out as she tried to pull the line to her parachute as Opaline continued screaming.

“Misty, do something!” Opaline cried out in fright, even if she’s communicating from the amulet, she does feel the experience.

“Just… a… second!” Misty struggled to find the release string for the parachute until her hooves found it. “Aha! There you are!” She called out as she pulled the string as her parachute opened up, safely bringing them to the ground as Misty’s chute got stuck to a tree as Opaline closed her eyes as her cloud-like arms hugged around Misty’s head. “Uh, Opaline, you can let go now. We’re okay.” Misty said to Opaline with an assuring smile.

Opaline opened one of her eyes to see that Misty is right, but as karma struck, the parachute gave out as the two fell to the ground. “Whoa!” Misty landed face first while Opaline landed on top of her with a startled yelp.

Opaline got her bearings as she looked at Misty in shock and irritation. “What was that, Misty?!” She demanded. “Skydiving!?” She yelled in rage.

“Oh, this?” Misty asked with a small smile as she gestured to her gear.

“You never listen!” Opaline scolded, which made Misty flinched. “All I ask you to do is…” She was about to remind Misty but was cut off.

“Get more information about magic crystals and how they work.” Misty said while looking at Opaline in annoyance, already knows the plan to get more information about the Unity Crystals to figure out how they work and get more magic for Opaline. “That is still what you want.” She said as she gave a look at Opaline, who was surprised at Misty’s speaking to her like that. “Isn’t it, Opaline?” She questioned.

Opaline raised an eyebrow and stood in silence for a moment, clearly surprised that Misty stood up and told her off like that, clearly seeing that she is getting better in standing up for herself and more independent.

“Yes.” Opaline said calmly, coinciding herself. “Well… hurry up.” She simply said as she went back into the amulet.

Misty sighs in relief as she then gives a determined smile. “Let’s do this!” She cheered.


A little bit later, a bunnicorn pops out of the ground while underneath it is Misty crawling through a tunnel.

In a clearing underground are a family of bunnicorns enjoying their carrot dinner as their home starts to shake, which surprises them.

They look at their family portrait as it falls to the ground, revealing Misty as she kept digging.

“Oh! Hey bunnicorns.” Misty greeted sheepishly. “Don’t mind me, enjoy your dinner.” She said to them.

The bunnicorns were shocked by this as the adult male fainted as the rest of them screamed in panic.


A little bit later, Misty got out of the tunnel where the bunnicorn first surfaced as one of them, who was eating a berry, screamed and ran off as the one on her head screamed and ran off as well.

Misty groaned as she pushed herself out of the rabbit hole, but landed with a thud.


In the bedroom, Zipp and Sunset heard the thud as Zipp tiredly placed her blanket on her head as Sunset groaned as she turned a bit.

“Gotta be the critters again. They need to keep it down.” Sunset said tirelessly.


Outside, Misty is climbing the walls of the Brighthouse with her suction cups on her hooves to climb the walls, while feeling a bit tired.

Once Misty got to the top, she was dizzy and out of breath while giving a dizzy look, apparently the Brighthouse was bigger than she expected. But it paid off as she saw the Unity Crystals in view as it shines bright.

Misty got her bearings as she smiled at the Unity Crystals as she then use a blowtorch as she cut a whole in the glass as she place her suction cups on it to remove it, but Misty is having a hard time removing it as she grunted to take it out with both hooves.

Misty managed to remove it, but apparently lost her balance as she moved back. “Whoa! Whoa! Whoooaaa!” She called out as she reached the edge of the balcony while leaning on her back while dangling the piece of glass over the edge. “Did not think that through.” She said with a small smile but managed to get the glass out, but then fell from her hooves as it fell to the ground. “Wuh-oh.” She said nervously as the glass shattered to the ground.


In the bedroom, the five mares woke up in startled from the shattering sound.

“What was that?!” Pipp questioned in shock.

“That came from the top of the Brighthouse. Come on, let’s check it out.” Sunset called out as the five ponies went to the elevator to the top where the Unity Crystals are.


At the top of the Brighthouse, Misty heard them as she heard the elevator coming up, knowing that she will have to abort the mission to not get caught as she climbed down the Brighthouse before the five mares see her.


A little bit later, the five mares made it up to the top as they were surprised that the glass was cut opened

“Somepony definitely tried to break in here.” Zipp said seriously while looking at the whole as Sunny, Izzy and Pipp gasped from this while Sunset looked on in seriousness. “But who would do that? And what do they want?” She questioned who would do this while the others are curious and worried themselves.

“Well, whoever it is, they were clearly trying to take the Unity Crystals.” Sunset said seriously as she used her magic to restore the glass to secure the crystals. “We got another Crystal Thief on our hooves.” She said as the girls looked even more worried while Sunny gave a concerned look.


In the morning, Sunny and Sunset are cooking breakfast while the two ponies are still in thought while the others talk about last night.

“Maybe the glass just fell out like that!” Izzy called out while Pipp and Zipp gave her a blank look. “Whaaaat?” She asked before she took a bite out of a pancake. “It could happen.” She said with a smirk.

“Izzy, a glass like that doesn’t fall off while leaving a perfect circle hole in it. So no.” Sunset said without looking.

“Okay, you got me there.” Izzy said in defeat as she took another bite of her pancake cheerfully.

Pipp is eating a salad as Sunny and Sunset were still concerned as they placed more breakfast down. “It's kind of exciting. Like a real-life "whodunnit", you know?” She asked with a small smile. Sunset heard that as she smacked the back of Pipp’s head. “Ow! What the hay?!” Pipp questioned.

“None of this is exciting, Pipp. So don’t think this is fun. Take this seriously.” Sunset said sternly while Pipp filched from Sunset.

Twilight appeared from the necklace as she gave a stern look. “I agree. The Unity Crystals are the source of Equestrian magic, if somepony tried to steal or remove them like how Discord once did before you ponies talked him out of it.” She said, while having been told from Sunset that Discord is still around and was planning to destroy the Pegasus Crystal to get rid of magic when she was out of commission with the magic was glitching and fading. While she was disappointed that Discord nearly did that, she understands his pain and his methods while doing it and was glad that Sunset and the others talked him out of it. “We can’t let it be nothing if somepony out there is still trying to steal the crystals.

“Sunset and Twilight are right, Pipp.” Zipp said in agreement while raising an eye at her sister as Sunny is placing more breakfast. “Somepony tried to steal the crystals that gave us magic again. That's not exciting. It's dangerous.” She added.

“Zipp and Sunset are right.” Sunny said to them as she gave a determined expression as the others looked at her in surprise. “As the Alicorn, it's me and Sunset’s job to protect the crystals and keep everypony in Equestria safe.” She said determinedly while her friends smiled at her.

“I’m proud you are embracing your Alicorn role more seriously like I have, Sunny.” Sunset said with a proud smile.

“You did tell me that an Alicorn is a guardian of Equestria. So now, I’m gonna take my training more seriously, Sunset.” Sunny said with a determined smile as Sunset returned the gesture.

Just then, Hitch came in with Sparky, while both had bee’s stings on them while a couple of bees circled around them. “Sorry I'm late. Sparky turned my keys into a swarm of bees, and then I had to get some honey to... and... Well, what'd I miss?” He asked sheepishly as Sparky burps out a bee as he groans a bit.

“Somepony tried to steal the Unity Crystals again, Hitch.” Sunset answered.

Hitch widens his eyes from that. “What?! Was it Discord again?” He questioned seriously.

Just then, Discord appeared as he gave a look to Hitch. “Don’t look at me, Sheriff. I moved past that after learning the error of my ways. And if I had taken it again, I wouldn’t have cut a hole in the glass, it would be way too obvious if I did again.” He said to them as he turned and saw Sunset, Twilight and Izzy. “Hi Izzy, hi Sunset, and hello Twilight Sparkle.” He greeted them, having been told from Sunset that Twilight’s spirit is in the necklace she is wearing, while he was happy to see her again, he got an earful of a scolding and lecturing from the Princess of Friendship for almost destroying magic, but they moved on and went with their understandings.

“Hello Discord.” The three mares greeted him while Izzy’s is more cheerful.

“And Discord’s right, this is not him.” Sunset said in Discord’s defense.

I agree. He could’ve taken them with a snap of his fingers instead of doing something that is tricky.” Twilight added, having known Discord well enough that this isn’t him.

“Oh. Well, sorry, Discord.” Hitch apologizes to the Lord of Chaos.

“That’s okay. Well, see ya later.” Discord said as he disappeared from the group.

“At least we know that Discord isn’t the one.” Sunset said with a shrug.

Sunny just gave an assuring smile to Hitch. “Anyway, You're just in time, Hitch. It's time for me to become the Alicorn that Equestria needs.” She said determinedly.

“Sunny is gonna take her Alicorn training more seriously so me and her will protect Equestria from any threats.” Sunset said as she placed a hoof on Sunny’s shoulders.

“But to do it, I'm gonna need everypony's help training.” Sunny finished to her friends as she winked at them.

The rest of Mane 6 cheered as they shared a high-hoof together.

Sunset then looks at Sunny. “So, Sunny. Are you ready to take your Alicorn training to the next level?” She asked with a smirk.

Sunny smirked back as she then glowed bright as she summoned her horn and wings as they appeared as she brought out her Alicorn form. “Does this answer your question?” She asked with a smirk as well.

Sunset kept smirking as she spoke. “Let’s get started.” She said as the two Alicorns grabbed each other's hooves as they will do anything to protect Equestria.


A little bit later, Sunny, Sunset and Zipp are in town as they lowered down a bit as they spread their wings.

“Our first lesson is ‘How fast can an Alicorn go in flight?’.” Sunset spoke first. “And since Zipp is the only expert at flying, she will teach us to increase our speed of flight to make sure we get ahead of our enemies if they try to get away.” She explained as Sunny nodded as they got ready.

Izzy then waved the flag to start with a smile as the three ponies whooshed right past her as she twirled around.

Sunny, Sunset and Zipp flew past many ponies as they created dust from winds as they went at high speed while ponies around, like Misty, looked at them in surprise while Misty was curious.

As they were neck to neck with each other as Zipp flew ahead of the two Alicorns.

Sunset then looks at Sunny. “Come on, Sunny. We need to keep up the pace if we are going to get faster. We think fast so let’s fly fast!” She encourage as Sunny nodded as the two Alicorns zoomed off.


A little bit later after the flying lessons, Sunny, Sunset and Izzy are at the community garden.

“Our next lesson is basic levitations. But you need to lift as many or bigger objects if you're ever going to lift an object to either throw at enemies or catch them if the enemies throw them at you.” Sunset explained.

Sunny nodded as she used her horn to levitate a tomato while Misty snuck up behind them, wanting to see their training to learn more, but then Sunny turned and looked at Izzy and Sunset and was shocked and surprised while Misty hid behind a pillar as she watched as well. What they see is Sunset and Izzy are each levitation two giant tomatoes with their magic as they spinned them around their bodies as they stopped as the four tomatoes hovered over them while Izzy gave a smile while Sunset just looked as if she was demonstrating.

Sunny was surprised by this as she lost her focus as her horn died out and the tomato she was levitation fell on her face with a splat.

Sunset gives a chuckle as she summons a towel and wipes the tomato off Sunny’s face. “You have to stay focused, Sunny. Any lack of concentration can cancel out your magic. You have got to keep an open mind.” She advised as she got the last of the tomato on the young Alicorn’s face. “Now, again. And this time, keep focusing.” She added as she levitated some more tomatoes.

“I’ll try.” Sunny nodded in determination as she focused again.


In Mane Melody, Sunny and Sunset are in Mane Melody while standing on the stage as Sunny turned off her Alicorn form while giving Sunset a confused look. “Why are we here again, Sunset?” She asked her mentor/sister-figure.

“If you want to stay determined, Sunny, you need to speak determined words to motivate yourself if things go dire.” Sunset explained simply.

“And who knows more about determined words better than I do!” Pipp cheered as she was wearing her sunglasses with a smile. “Okay, girls, say it with me. ‘I am strong!’” She said to them as she struck a pose.

“I am strong!” Both Sunny and Sunset said together as they followed Pipp’s movements.

Behind them, Misty was behind the stage as she gave a smirk at them while feeling this could be an interesting information.


Somewhere else, a bunnicorn and his cubs are trying to move a dead tree out of the way as Sunny and Sunset landed with Hitch next to them.

“The next step is to use Earth Pony magic to not only move or grow plants, but also restore dead plants.” Sunset informed. “Now we are all new to this technique, so we need to work together for this to work if we are ever gonna want to restore a landmark back to how it was before.” She advised the two ponies as she turned to them with a determined smirk. “You two read?”

Both Sunny and Hitch turned to each other with determined smirks as they nodded and turned to Sunset with a nod, which she returned.

Lifting up their hooves as they glowed green when the three ponies focused their Earth Pony magic. “Hah!” The three ponies called out as three vines appeared.


In a clearing, Sunset and Sunny are now standing face to face with each other while getting ready into ready stances.

“And now, our final lesson is hoof-to-hoof/magic/flight combat.” Sunset said.

“Are you sure this is necessary, Sunset? I don’t want to hurt anypony.” Sunny said in concern.

“I know you don’t like violence, Sunny. But you need some self defense fighting skills if you want to defend your friends and yourself if your magic is glitching again.” Sunset pointed out. “Now, let’s begin. Give it everything you’ve got, Sunny.” She said to her Alicorn student/sister-figure.

Sunny sighs as she nodded and got into ready stances, wanting to take her Alicorn role seriously as she and Sunset then charged at each other at high speed.

Sunset shoots a magic blast at Sunny, who deflects it with a shield she summoned as the two tried to hit hooves but blocked each one as Sunset then did a magic swipe as Sunny took the air as she dodge it.

The others are impressed by this as Sunset looks up with an impressed smile. “You are good.” She said proudly.

“Thanks.” Sunny said before she yelped in surprise as Sunset took to the air.

“Never let your guard down one bit, Sunny.” Sunset said with a smirk as she flapped her wings.

Sunny gave a challenging smirk, seeing that this will be interesting as the two alicorns clash it out.

Behind the bushes, Misty is watching the whole thing as while really surprise and awed at the two Alicorns clashing each other out, even though this is practice and training.


“I am confident!” Sunny, Sunset and Pipp said together.


At the community Garden, Izzy levitates three giant tomatoes as she smiles with sparkles in her eyes as she then turns and looks surprised at what she is seeing next to her.
Next to her is Sunny and Sunset, who are each levitation three giant tomatoes as Sunny looked at Sunset with a smile as Sunset nodded to the young Alicorn, saying that she succeeded. Sunny's smile grew wider as the two turned to Izzy with a smile.

Izzy smiled back, but lost her focus as her magic fades out as she looked up saw her tomatoes was about to landed on her as she braced herself, but then saw that they stopped as her and Sunset’s then moved away as the two ponies looked and saw Sunny giving a focused and determined expression as all nine giant tomatoes begins to circled her.

Sunset gave a proudful nod. “Nicely done, Sunny.” She said as Sunny gave a nod and smile back while her expression still remained.


“I am the Alicorn!” Sunset, Sunny and Pipp all said together as Sunny’s Alicorn form appeared as it began to glow.


The bunnicorns are still trying to move the dead tree, but then they saw the vines coming as they moved aside as the magic vines wrapped around the dead tree as the vines lifted the tree up, revealing the rabbit hole as the bunnicorn family smiled at their home entrance now freed.

The vines lifted the dead tree up as both Sunny and Sunset focused on the magic vines as they got the dead tree back into place as leaves, flowers and vines grew back as the tree was brought back to life.

Sunny, Sunset and Hitch smiled with sparkles in their work as Sunset turned to Sunny. “Well done, Sunny.” She complimented as Sunny smiled in response.


“I am strong!” Sunny and Sunset both said determinedly.

All the fruits and vegetables in the garden then begin to levitate around as it was both Sunny and Sunset levitation them as the two Alicorns and Izzy looked at it with smiles and sparkles in their eyes as Sunny and Sunset begin to glow.

“Whoa!” Izzy said in awed.

“Awesome job, Sunny!” Sunset cheered.


While on the open, Sunny and Sunset are still clashing it out while they seemed to be in an even match as they kept dodge, blasting, blocking and even flying at each other as each of them countered each other.

Sunny then shoots a beam of magic at Sunset, who did the same as their magic beams collide, getting to a standstill.

The rest of the Mane 6 covered their eyes from the blind light as they were so surprised that both Sunny and Sunset made it this far.

Both Alicorns then poured more magic as their beams grew stronger, but then suddenly, they gave off a magic explosion that bushed both of them back, which even pushed Misty from out of her hiding place as she rolled down the hill with a surprise yelp.

Once things cooled down, the rest of the Mane 6 opened their eyes and looked at Sunny and Sunset on the ground while panting, waiting for each other to make their next move, but Sunset raised her hoof with a smile.

“That’s enough. You have clearly gotten your fighting skills down if you manage to keep up with me, Sunny. Impressive.” Sunset said with a proud smile.

Sunny smiled back as she went up to Sunset. “I learn from the best.” She said as the two Alicorns hooftap each other.


“I am confident!” Both Sunset and Sunny said again in determination growing.

Sunny, Sunset and Zipp are flying high in the sky as they fly very fast as they are now next to Zipp.

Sunset then looked at Sunny. “Time to go into overdrive, Sunny! Full power!” She called out.

Sunny nodded in determination as she and Sunset focused as their wings glowed as they glowed bright, which surprised Zipp as the two Alicorns then took off while knocking Zipp back.

The surprise Pegasus rolled in the air before regaining her balance as she looked on in surprise as she saw Sunset and Sunny zooming off, leaving a trail of magic as the two Alicorns created a sonic boom together as they disappeared into the distance.

“Whoooaaa!” Zipp cheered in awe with sparkles in her face that Sunny and Sunset could fly that fast.

While going at the speed of sound, Sunset turned to Sunny. “Excellent Sunny!” She called out as Sunny nodded with a proud smile as they circled back to Zipp.


“I am... the Alicorn!” Both Sunny and Sunset called out together as they stood side by side together as Pipp wipe her tears of joy off her with a proud smile as both Alicorns shone bright in Mane Melody.


At the front of the Brighthouse, Misty is hiding in a bush as she then sees both Sunset and Sunny coming as she ducked inside her bush.

Both Alicorns zoomed by as they flew around the Brighthouse in sync as they landed at the top balcony of the Brighthouse as they looked down and saw their friends, and Sparky, cheering to them with sparkles in their eyes.

Both Alicorns smiled at their friends as they then flew up and landed on the ground with them.

“Sunny, Sunset, that was incredible!” Zipp cheered with a smile and sparkles in her eyes while Misty’s bush moved behind them. “I've never seen anypony fly so fast!” She added.

“When you have Alicorn magic, you can do almost anything.” Sunset said as she turned to Sunny. “I’m proud of you, Sunny. Your Alicorn Training has really paid off and you clearly mastered it.” She said with a proud smile while patting her on the back.

“I have all of you to thank for that.” Sunny said with a smile as the others did in return.

While Misty listened while hiding in the bush, she didn’t want to get spotted after seeing Sunny and Sunset trained together with their friends as she sweat nervously.

And then, the necklace opened up as Opeline appeared with a groan. “Tell me something about those crystals, Misty. What is taking so long?!” She complained while growing impatient.

“Well…” Misty starts while giving a nervous laugh and clears her throat. “Funny story. I, uh…” She tried to explain, but as she placed her hoof down, she met Pagamice that were in with her as they squeaked in surprise.

The Mane 6 heard the squeaking as they looked around. “What was that? Is somepony there?” Sunny questioned as she looked around.

“We definitely heard squeaking sounds.” Sunset said suspiciously.

Misty then gasps as she hears them, apparently the squeaking Pegamices have blown her cover. “We better get out of here! I'll fill you in later, Opaline!” She said quickly as she closed the amulet.

“What do you mean you'll tell me later, Mistyyyyy?!” Opaline questioned loudly as she faded out while Misty flinched as Opaline disappeared.

“Got anything, Sunny?” Sunset asked as she and the others looked around to find the source of the sound.

“I heard something right over…” Sunny started as she looked around before the bush that Misty is in moved without her look as it rustled a bit, which caught her attention. “...here.” She finished with a suspisous look.

“Um, that hedge definitely just moved.” Hitch said suspiciously after seeing that as the others walked towards it.

“Ah, Hitchy-poo.” Izzy waved it off with a smile as she came to Hitch. “You're seeing things, buddy. Hedges don't just—” She started as the rest of the Mane 6 came to the hedge.

Before Izzy could finish, Misty ran off with the hedge, which surprised them by it.

“Oh, wow, look! There it goes!” Izzy cheered in surprise while Hitch gave her a look while Zipp and Pipp looked surprised.

Both Sunny and Sunset gave each other a determined look. “We gotta catch it! You’re ready for this, Sunny?” She asked Sunny determinedly.

“I’m ready!” Sunny said determinedly as the two Alicorns nodded as they spread their wings and took off at high speed while their friends looked at them in surprise.

Misty tried to get away while in the hedge, but then Sunny and Sunset landed in front of her, which shocked her as the two Alicorns gave a serious look as Sunny glowed her hooves green and stomped them down to bring out two giant vines that grow on their sides.

Sunset glowed her horn in ready as she stomped her hooves. “Whoever you are, you pick the wrong Alicorns to spy on!” She called out. “Sunny, would you do the honors?” She asked her student/sister-figure with a smirk.

“With pleasure.” Sunny said as she focused the vines to the hedge as she moved them out of the way, revealing Misty’s face.

Misty yelped from this as she saw that she was revealed as before she recomposed herself. “Oh! Hey, Sunny! Hey Sunset!” She greeted the two Alicorns with a nervous smile.

“Misty?!” Sunset asked in surprise as her horn died down.

“Misty?” Sunny asked in surprise as well but with a smile as the vines retracted back into the ground. “Oh, thank goodness it's you. We thought it was somepony dangerous.” She said in relief while Misty gave a nervous smile.

“But what are you doing in that hedge?” Sunset asked in suspicion.

Misty gave a nervous chuckle. “Oh, uh. I saw you guys doing these cool tricks and figured I watched you without interrupting you two.” She lied nervously while sweating a bit.

“You could’ve just joined in if you just asked.” Sunny said with a smile while Sunset raised an eyebrow as she turned to their friends. “Look, ponies. It's just Misty.” She told them.

“Hi, Misty!” Izzy greeted her cheerfully as she appeared next to Misty with a wave, which surprised Misty from that as she turned to her with a sheepish smile.

“Yup, just your old pal Misty.” Misty said as she got out of her hedge with a nervous smile and laugh while the Mane 6 smiled at her, except for Sunset and Zipp as they are suspicious about this. “Um, cool flying, Sunny and Sunset. It was amazing.” She said to the two Alicorns as she walked back a bit with a wink. “Sorry, ponies! Gotta go!” She said quickly as she trotted off as the others, except for Zipp and Sunset, smiled at her.

“Bye, Misty!” Izzy waved to her with a smile.

Zipp noticed something on the ground as she tapped Sunset. “What is it, Zipp?” Sunset asked.

“Look at this.” Zipp said as she moved the hedge that revealed the broken glass that was from the top of the Brighthouse where the Unity Crystals are.

Sunset went wide eyes from this as she picked up a piece. “This is the window piece to the top of the Brighthouse.” She said in surprise as she looked off where Misty went. “And Misty had it in her hedge? Something is really up with that Unicorn.” She added in suspicion.

“Yeah. And ‘Pal’, huh?” Zipp asks with her hoof on her chin as she and Sunset look at the hole Sunset patched up where the Unity Crystals are as the two ponies look at each other in surplus. “I'm not so sure either…” She said suspiciously.

“This just got a whole lot more interesting.” Sunset said as she gave a thought that Misty is definitely hiding something from them and there is more to her than meets the eye.

PreviousChapters Next