• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,524 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 56: Diva and Conquer

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place during Bridlewoodstock, to avoid confusion of the timeframe.

Chapter 56: Diva and Conquer

In Bridlewoodstock, Rufus is showing off his magic trick with Bongo Beats in a box on a stage in front of a crowd of ponies.

Pipp then flew up to the front of the stage with a smile. “That’s our open mic staaaage.” She sang to Electric Blue, giving the tour of Bridlewood stock with the rest of the Mane 6 following behind them.

Pipp then gestured to the food truck stands behind her. “Here’s the food truck village where you can get everything to eat.” She said with a smile.

Electric Blue smiled as they and the Mane 6 kept walking, while Izzy was still standing with a thoughtful look.

“Everything?” Izzy repeated before she smiled cheerfully with sparkles in her eyes. “I love everything!” She cheered.

“Of course you do, Izzy.” Sunset said in amusement with a chuckle.

“And ta-da!” Pipp cheered while gesturing to the three big tents. “Your very own super-glam V.I.P tents!” She finished.

“Thanks, Pipp.” Fretlock said as Jam Donut and Arpreggia smiled. “We just need our gear and outfits and we’re ready to rock.” He added.

And then, Hitch starts coming in with Sparky on his back while straining a bit as he is pushing a pile of luggages while looking tired. “Did you… really need…” He started before a luggage fell on his head. “...all of this stuff?” He asked.

Electric Blue raised an eyebrow at Hitch’s question as they turned to Pipp, who gave a bored look.

“Um, Electric Blue are stars.” Pipp pointed out in defense. “If they say they need something, they need…” She was cut off when the ground started to shake.

“An earthquake? In Bridlewood’s forest?” Sunset asked while looking at Izzy. “Does this happen often, Izzy?” She asked.

“Not likely, Sunset.” Izzy answered.

“Whoa. Whoa.” Hitch said as he tried to balance himself with the shaking, but then suddenly, the ground beneath him and Sparky cracked as they fell over with the luggages. “Whoa!” He cried out as he fell to the hole.

The V.I.P tents also fell down as well as they fell to the floor.

“My microphone!” Areggia called out in shock.

“Our gear!” Fretlock called next.

“Not my lucky underpants!” Jam Donut cried out while raising his hoof.

“Hitch!” Zipp, Sunny and Sunset called out after seeing Hitch and Sparky fall into the hole.

“The super-glam V.I.P tents!” Pipp cried out as she placed her hooves on her cheeks while her friends gave her unamuse expressions.

“Really? That’s what you’re worrying about?” Sunset questioned boredly while Pipp chuckled sheepishly.

The ground started shaking again. “Whoa!” Hitch called out through the whole as mud then sprouted out of it, with Hitch and Sparky along with it. “Whoooaaaa!” He cried out.

Electric Blue and the rest of the Mane 6 watched with wide eyes before they were covered in mud as Hitch fell to the ground as Sparky landed on Hitch’s back as the mud sprout decreased as it gave a squirt.

“What in pony name was that?” Sunset asked in shock while the others were shocked by this as well, wondering the same thing.

“Aw.” Izzy said in a cute tone as she placed her hoof on her cheeks with a smile. “The last sinkhole of the year! So cute!” She said while placing hooves on her cheeks with a smile while her friends gave her looks.

“You should’ve told us about this, Izzy.” Sunset said with a dull look. “Next time, fill us in on what happens in the woods.” She added while giving a firm look to Izzy.

Izzy gave a nervous chuckle from that. “I promise I will. Next time.” She sheepishly said.


A little bit later, the Mane 6 and Electric Blue then stopped next to the Marestream while Pipp gave a sheepish smile.

“So, since your V.I.P tents are…” Pipp then gave a sheepish cough while Electric Blue gave a dull look.. “Unavailable. Here is your extra super-glam V.V.I.P home of the festival, the Marestream!” She announced while pointing at the Marestream behind her.

Izzy then got next to Electric Blue with a button on her hoof as she pressed the button. “With one tinsy press, it becomes the most epic glittering van ever!” She cheered quietly as the Marestrain opened up its awning and the carpet, tables and picnic stuff came out as they were all set while the Mane 6 smiled at it.

“The Marestream is really a beauty and miracle.” Sunset said with a smile.

Electric Blue just looked at the Marestream for a sec before a pony mare spoke through the speaker.

Electric Blue, to the main stage please?” The mare announced through the speakers.

The Mane 6 and Electric Blue heard them as Fretlock spoke. “Well, it’s not gonna be the same since everything we need is in a sinkhole now.” He sarcastically said as he gave a disappointed expression. “But, hey, come on. Let’s get this over with.” He said as he, Jam Donut and Areggia followed him.

“Wait, wait, wait.” Sunny quickly said to Electric Blue. “What if we can find what you need so that you can still have a great show?” She suggested.

“I guess there's a few things that would help.” Fretlock said, going give Sunny’s idea a shot.

Hello? Electric Blue to the stage. Huh? Is this thing even working?” The announcer called out again.

“What about the crowd?” Arpeggia pointed out since they need to be on stage now and the crowd is waiting.

“Don't worry!” Hitch called out as he skid backwards in front of his friends as he and Sparky were acting cool with cool smiles. “We've got this!” He declared as he and Sparky put on glasses while Sparky laughed a bit.

“Oh boy. This is gonna be interesting.” Sunset said with a sigh, knowing how crowds go while waiting for the band, and if the band isn’t shown first, the crowd will be upset, and Hitch might learn that the hard way.


On the main stage, the ponies are in the crowd while techno music is playing as Hitch and Sparky appear.

“Hellooooo, Bridlewoodstock!” Hitch called out with a smile.

The crowd of ponies stared at him for a moment before they glared at him while holding up tomatoes.


Back with the rest of the Mane 6 and Electric Blue, Fretlock continued as he brought out a big list.

“We can't perform in muddy outfits.” Fretlock pointed out, since they are covered in mud.

“We can tell.” Sunset muttered in annoyance and quietly so they wouldn’t hear.

“New outfits? On it!” Both Sunny and Zipp said with determined smiles while Sunset nodded.

“And our manes stink.” Apreggia added as she sniffs her muddy mane and cringe in disgust. “Ugh. Literally.” She said.

“Leave that to me!” Pipp said as she twirled her mane dryer around before giving a determined smile.

“Oh, oh! And an ‘everything’ bagel would be nice!” Jam Donut said with a smile while his bandmates looked at him. “You know, for energy!” He added.

The girls look at him with weird looks. “An ‘everything’ bagel? Is that even a thing?” Sunset questioned weirdly as Jam Donut nodded.

Izzy then pops up in front of her friends with wide eyes. “Everything on one bagel?!” She repeated in shock as she got next to Jam Donut as she chuckled. “You've come to the right pony.” She said with a smirk.

Sunny then gave a determined smile as she looked at her friends. “Okay, ponies, let's get this show back on the road! I mean, t-the stage!” She quickly corrected as she placed her hoof in the air.

Sunset gave a chuckle. “Well, let’s make sure to get it right, ponies. Pipp’s festival depends on it.” She said as she placed her hoof next Sunny’s.

The rest of the girls place their hooves together as they hooftap and raised their hooves out as they trotted off

(Fresh Song)
(Pipp)
Fresh
Like my mane is on fleek
Happiness is all I need
Spreadin' love from you to me
I'm feelin' fresh
Magic all around my friends

Izzy went to the food stands as she went to the bagel stand as she pointed to everything on the menu as the pony mare vender gave a smile as she gave Izzy an ‘everything’ bagel as Izzy levitated with her magic as she smiled with sparkles in her eyes as she walked off, but stopped as she have a thought and turned to the over food stands with sparkles in her eyes as she waved at them and walked up to them.


At the main stage, Hitch is on a unicycle with Sparky on his head to impress the crowd as he tries to balance on the cycle while Sparky is juggling some balls as Sparky dropped one.

Posey was among the crowd as she gave a mischievous smirk, as she and the crowd held up their tomatoes again.

Celebration never ends
Oh, 'cause we always a ten
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hooooo-hooooo
I'm my best self, everypony can tell

Hitch and Sparky saw this as they gave nervous smiles, but then Hitch accidentally lead the unicycle backwards as it trip over the ball Sparky dropped as Sparky fell off of Hitch and he landed with a split, which caused him to release his dragon fire in the process as Hitch yelled in surprise and lost his balance as the two balls Sparky tossed in the air were hit by his dragon fire as they turned into fireworks as Hitch tripped from the unicycle and accidentally did a pose as the fireworks went off behind him.

“Awwww!” The crowd said as they started cheering, finding that performance great, except for Posey, who looked at the crowd in shock as she gave an annoying look as she can’t throw the tomato at Hitch.


(Pipp)
I'm my best self, everypony can tell
When did this mirror get so gorgeous?
Who's that? Is that me?

In the air, Zipp is flying over the festival to look for any clothing for Electric Blue as she saw Rufus and Bongo Beats at their stage as Rufus is still doing his magic trick as Zipp smiled and flew down towards them.

Rufus then pulled the middle part of Bongo’s box out as Bongo Beat’s look in surprise by that, but then Zipp then flew past them as the two ponies twirled around a bit, which made them dizzy.

Rufus realizes that his cape was gone as he turned where Zipp flew off, but then Zipp flew by again, taking the background of the stage, which made Rufus and Bongo Beats spin around again as they fell to the floor, Rufus looking Dizzy while Bongo saw that his three boxes stacks now toppled to the ground while his tail part reveals a pony a pony in a box as he gave a sheepish smile and wave.


Back with the Marestream, Pipp is working on Electric Blue’s looks as she did some fashion style on them.

“How's this?” Pipp twirled Areggira first. “What about this?” She twirled Fretlock next. “Uh, maybe one of these?” And then she twirled Jam Donut, trying different styles to see if it fit them.

Electric Blue then started voicing dissent about their looks, not sure if they’re right or not as Pipp started screaming in overwhelmed.

Sunset saw this nearby as she sighs. “These ponies are picky.” She muttered.


At the food stands, Izzy is giggling as she levitates some popcorn on the ‘everything’ bagel and everything else as she giggles.

“It's all gone, folks!” Luminous Dazzle announced to a pony, who gave a look at where Izzy went, having a feeling how their all gone


(Pipp)
I feel meeeee!

Sunny and Sunset are with Dahlia as Sunny is giving Dahlia puppy eyes while tapping her hooves together.

Sunset gave a sigh with a small smile. “Just go do it, Dahlia. She really needs your help to do this.” She said with a small chuckle.

Dahlia feels unsure about this, but she gave a sigh as she lifted up her hoof and activated her earth pony magic as she stomped her hoof to the ground as a sprout sprouted.

I'm feelin' fresh
Like my mane is on fleek
Happiness is all I need

The plant then wraps itself around Sunny and Sunset as vines and flowers sprout over them. Once it stopped growing, both ponies were covered in flowers and leaves while keeping their balance while Dahlia thought she got a little overboard, since she is still not used to her Earth Pony magic since she always planted them by hoof.

Sunny and Sunset gave assuring smiles to Dahlia, telling her that’s it’s okay as they can manage.


Spreadin' love from you to me
I'm feelin' fresh

On the main stage, Hitch and Sparky are doing dances while the crowd lifted their hooves and down in a pattern, trying to see if Hitch makes a mistake and a chance for them to throw tomatoes at them.


Magic all around my friends
Celebration never ends
Oh, 'cause we always a ten

With Izzy, Fifi place a cherry on top of Izzy’s ‘Everything’ bagel, which is really every food from the stands stack together into one giant mega bagel, which made ponies look in shock while Izzy smiled cheerfully while hopping away with ‘everything’ bagel, with the other stands closing since they are out of food.


A little bit later, the girls, minus Izzy, regrouped back near the Manestream as Pipp spoke up with a smirk.

“And voila!” Pipp said as she gestured to Electric Blue, who now have new looks and new styles as they did a pose.

“You look perfect!” Sunny commented cheerfully.

“You ponies really rocking the style.” Sunset said with a smile.

“Now we're ready to rock!” Fretlock said with a smile as his two bandmates smiled as well.

“Ponies!” Izzy called out as the group turned and looked at where Izzy was as she waved her hoof at them cheerfully. “Wait up!” She yelled out as she used her horn to levitate something, which made her start straining from the weight. “You... forgot... your... snack!” She wheezes while levitation a bagel with everything on it while moving some trees out of the way, showing that it was as big as a mountain as the girls and Electric Blue look in shock by it. “One bagel with everything!” She said cheerfully before she gave a maniacal laughter and groaned a bit.

“He didn’t really mean that kind of ‘everything’, Izzy!” Sunset called out in shock with wide eyes. “You really went overboard on the ‘everything’ word.” She added.

“But it is still ‘everything’.” Izzy said as she gave a tired sigh.

Jam Donut gave a nervous look from the big bagel. “Um, on second thought, I don't like to eat right before a performance.” He said nervously, since he didn’t mean that kind of ‘everything’ in his bagel.

And then the ‘everything’ bagel mountain started rumbling and Izzy’s magic started to frizz out.

The girls and Electric Blue look at it nervously. “Is that gonna...?” Sunny started nervously.

“It's gonna blow!” Pipp cried out.

“Everypony brace yourselves!” Sunset cried out as well as they all screamed and tried to run for cover while Izzy just stood there nervously.

The ‘everything’ bagel mountain then splattered into an explosion as the girls and Electric Blue were covered in food leftovers.

“We can't go on like this!” Fretlock called out as he took a piece of food off his mane, really irritated that they are a mess again. “The show's canceled!” He declared as he and his bandmates walked off in regret. “Sorry, Pipp.” he apologized as the girls watched them go.

“No! We can fix this!” Sunny desperately said. “We'll remake the costumes a-and the hair! The full V.I.P. treatment! Right, Pipp?” She asked while turning to Pipp with a hopeful smile.

But what Sunny saw was Pipp giving a frown as she looked around the festival, seeing Glory flying by with a balloon with her friend Seashell chasing her with giggles with other ponies walking by and enjoying the festival and the crowd laughing at Hitch doing something, finding it really entertaining.

Sunset saw this as she sighs. “Sunnny, not everything can go out the way you plan. And not everything can be perfect just by saying things you want, you just need to try your best and work with what you have. No matter what you have or do.” She explained.

“Sunset’s right, Sunny.” Pipp said in agreement as she walked up a bit as her friends listened. “Music isn't about the costumes, glamor, or being a V.I.P. It's about sharing your sparkle with the world.” She said as Electric Blue listens as well. “That's what Bridlewoodstock is about, too. We may look and smell terrible, but Hitch is on that stage right now, and he's... well, he's actually doing pretty well.” She admitted.

They all turned to Hitch, who is still on the main stage while giving a comedy talk to the crowd. “So, uh, what do you call a pony at the top of Prancing Point? Lost!” He joked as he laughed with Sparky did a rim shot with a set of drums as the crowd started laughing at his jokes.

“You’re right.” Sunset said with a chuckle. “Not only was that funny, but Hitch really got the crowd entertained.” She added, seeing that Hitch is doing better on his end than they are.

“I'm going to go out there and give these ponies the show they deserve!” Pipp declared as she gave a determined smile.

“Me, too!” Sunny said with her hoof raised and a smile.

“Count me in!” Sunset said in agreement as she raised her hoof as well.

“Sounds fun!” Izzy cheered.

“I'm in!” Zipp called out next with her hoof clench.

“Pipp and Sunset are right.” Fretlock said, taking Pipp and Sunset’s words by heart. “We got so carried away trying to make everything perfect. But if we're together, it will be perfect!” He said as he gave a determined smile to his bandmates as the two ponies nodded in agreement. “Even if it's a little messy, too.” He added while shaking some contents off himself as he gave a chuckle before coming to Sunset and Pipp. Thanks, Pipp and Sunset.” He thanked the two ponies as Sunset and Pipp smiled.

“Hey, anything to help ponies out and help them understand the true meaning of playing.” Sunset said with a chuckle. “And for the record, I used to be in a band once. So if you ever want some advice, come talk to me.” She added with a smirk.

“We’ll think about it, Sunset.” Fretlock said with a smile before turning to his bandmates. “Come on, Electric Blue! Let's rock!” He declared with a determined smile and his hoof clench.


At the stage, Hitch is still doing his comedy talk.

“So I said, ‘Un-ni-corn? I need corn too, pal!’ Yeah!” Hitch joked with a laugh before a hook caught his strap as he was lifted off stage as the curtains.

And then, Electric Blue appeared from under the stage with their instruments, even if they are still a mess, they are still going to play.

“What's up, Bridlewoodstock?!” Fretlock announced to the crowd.

Electric Blue then started playing as the fireworks went off and the crowd started cheering loudly to them, ignoring that they are a mess but they are still a great band as Electric Blue played.

The Mane 6 watches them play as they move their heads to the music as things may have not gone as planned, everything turned out okay as they enjoy the festival.

End of Chapter 56.

PreviousChapters Next