• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,524 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 57: Hot Day, Huh?

Chapter 57: Hot Day, Huh?

It is a very hot summer day in Maretime Bay as Zipp is surfing in the ocean on her board while surfing some waves as she surfs through a big one.

“Alright!” Zipp called out excitedly as she surfed through the wave before she surfed in the air. “Now that’s what I call riding the needle!” She cheered with a lunch of her hoof as she dived down into the ocean. “Whoo-hoo!” She cheered.

Zipp floated back up, looking soak as she held on to her board to stay afloat as she gave a laugh. “Yeah!” She cheered as she looked around. “Ponies, did you see those epic waves?” She excitedly asks if her friends are around, but then frowns once she realizes something. “Huh?” She asked herself.

The beach is totally empty, and empty means empty, not a single pony was on the beach at all, not even her friends.

“Huh. That’s strange.” Zipp said in surprise as she got out of the water and dried herself off as she walked up on the beach as she looked around in confusion.

Zipp walked up next to a crab wearing sunglasses as it got up and pinched its claw in front of her, which made her stop for a bit before the crab crawled away.

Zipp ignored the crab as she looked around. “Hmm..” She hummed to herself as she brought out her phone. “1400 hours on a super hot day and the beaches completely deserted?” She asked herself in confusion as her voice echoed throughout the beach, wondering why nopony is at the beach on a super hot day. “Where is everypony?” She asked again as she then started calling her friends.

The five phones of the Mane 7, since Misty didn’t give her phone number to her friends yet, started ringing, but none of them are being answered.

Zipp kept hearing the ringing on her phone as she gave an annoying sigh, having a feeling that they wouldn't pick up and why they or anypony or at the beach.


In Maretime Bay, Zipp enters the town as she sees many ponies looking hot under the heated sun as some are fanning themselves, eating ice cream, sipping smoothies and hiding under the shade to stay cool.

Zipp then saw two racoonicorns sweating as one of them is laying on it’s back while the other is fanning itself.

The Pippsqueaks are eating some ice cream while sweating in the heat as Zipp turns to them with a smile.

“Hey, Pippsqueaks! You know, those ice creams would totally taste better at the beach!” Zipp suggested eagerly.

“No way, Zipp!” Seashell declined as she shook her head. “It's way too hot for the beach!” She pointed out.

“Yeah, that hot sand would burn my little hooves.” Peach Fizz added while shaking her hoof.

“Whaaaaat?” Zipp asked in surprise. “It's not that hot.” She tried to reason.

But then as soon as she said it, the Pippsqueaks’ ice creams melted as some splat to the floor. “Huh?” They all said at the same time as they started crying at their melted ice cream.

Zipp sweat a little with a sheepish smile at what just happened. “Uhhhh…” She stuttered as she tried to find the right words as the Pippsqueaks kept crying.

Misty walked up behind Zipp, sweating a bit from the heat, but also feel bad for what Zipp is trying to do. “Poor Zipp. Nopony is really listening to her.” She said sincerely, since she can tell that nopony is listening to Zipp’s idea about the beach.


Somewhere where Posey is at, said Earth Pony is fanning herself as her face is red while sweating as she is so hot as she groans from the heat.

Zipp then came next to her with a small smile. “There's a nice cool breeze down at the beach.” She advises.

“The beach?!” Posey questioned with a raised eyebrow. “What are you, nuts?! In this heat?!” She pointed out.

“I was just there, Posey.” Zipp reasoned again as Misty came behind her again as she watched. “And as long as you have some sunscreen and maybe an umbrella, it's really not…” She listed out, but Posey got so annoyed that she began to walk off. “Okay, so I'll take that as a maybe?” She asked with a small smile.

Neigh way!” Posey yelled out, which made Zipp flinch from that.

Zipp just sighs from that as she walks off. “Ugh…” She groans as she bumps into Windy. “Oh, sorry, Windy.” She apologized to the pegasus before she went eye wide at what she was seeing.

Zipp saw a huge line with ponies holding fruit cards to Sunny’s smoothie stand as Hitch and Sparky, who is now fully recovered, grab the cards.

“Okay, Sunny and Sunset!” Hitch called out with a nervous smile. “We've got two super citrus…” He quickly said.

“Yup!” Sunny quickly said as she placed two smoothie covers on the smoothie cups.

“...three triple berries…” Hitch continued.

“Got it!” Sunset spoke next as she placed some fruit into a blender while Hitch gave Sunny a broccoli card.

“...one dreamy greenie, and one grilled cheese with extra-cheesy french fries?” Hitch continued while giving a confused look.

“Huh?” Sunny asked in a raised eyebrow from that.

“Fried food on a hot day?” Sunset asked in confusion as well, wondering who would ask that.

“Wait a second.” Hitch said as he realized something about that order as the three ponies turned to Sparky as the baby dragon started giggling as he gave a wink playfully as he kept giggling. “Nice try, Sparky! Silly little dragon.” He said in amusement as he rubbed Sparky’s head as the baby dragon kept giggling.

Sunset gave a light chuckle. “And a sneaky one. Really funny, Sparkarooni.” She added in amusement.

Zipp then started walking through the line as she got in front of them as the ponies grumbled and complained about her cutting in line.

“Calm down, everypony.” Zipp called out calmly to them. “I just need to talk to…” She was cut off when Hitch placed three smoothie cups down as the three were surprised Zipp was here as Zipp turned to them with a smile. “Sunny, Sunset! Hey! How about closing up shop and heading out for a beach day? The waves are seriously amazing!” She called out excitedly as she raised her hooves with sparkles in her eyes.

“No can do, Zipp!” Sunny said with a shake of her head.

“Sorry, we can’t right now.” Sunset added in agreement.

“Huh?” Zipp asked in confusion as she put her hooves down.

“We gotta keep everypony hydrated in this heat.” Sunny pointed out as Hitch and Sunset nodded in agreement as Sunny held out a smoothie cup as Dahlia came to the stand. “Oh, here you go, Dahlia. Stay cool!” She said as she gave Dahlia the smoothie.

Dahlia looked so heated from the hot day, but once she saw the smoothie, she smiled with sparkles in her eyes as she grabbed the smoothie. “Ah!” She said excitedly as she started slurping fast and gulped it down as she sighs in relief at the cool beverage as she started slurping again.

Zipp at Dahlia strangely for a moment before she spoke. “But down by the water, it's much cooler.” She pointed out, trying to reason with them.

“No time to chat, Zipp.” Hitch said as he looked at the fruit cards while getting a good look at them before turning to Sunny and Sunset. “Sunny, Sunset, we need a triple berry smoothie, stat! Windy looks like she's gonna…” He tried to finish but was cut off.

Windy wasn’t looking too good in the heat as she looked at the sun as her tongue was sticking out while the heat was really getting to her. “Oh, dear...!” She moaned as her eyes started spinning before she fell to the floor.

“...faint!” Hitch finished as he rushed to Windy and held her by the head as the ponies around them gasp in worry for the pegasus. “Oh, no! Sunny, Sunset pony down! I repeat, we've got a pony down!” He called out determinedly.

“We’re on it, Hitch!” Sunny said with a salute as Sunset nodded as the two looked at Zipp, who was really upset about this. “Sorry, Zipp. It's just not a great day to go to the beach.” She said sincerely.

Zipp frowns at that as she gives a sad sigh as Misty sees this as she gives a concerned look.

Sunset saw this as well as she spoke out. “Look, Zipp, you DO have a good idea about the beach, but right now, we're just too swamped, a bit overworked as it is.” She pointed out as Zipp just kept looking down. “Look, I'll talk to the others about joining you when they can. But for now, we got some ponies to cool off with refreshments. They’ve been waiting in line longer than they needed to.” She added while gesturing to the line.

Zipp nodded in understanding as she walked off as Sunset watched her go while Misty watches as well, feeling sorry for Zipp.


At Mane Melody, the ponies are waiting in line to go in while waiting their turn.

“Izzy!” Pipp called out as she and Izzy were fighting over the fans. “We need the fans inside to keep everypony in Mane Melody cool!” She pointed while Jazz is doing Fifi’s hooves while Rocky fan himself as they and some other ponies are watching the two ponies fight over one of the fans.

“But, Pipp, what about the ponies outside?!” Izzy questioned while pointing to the window where the ponies outside are fanning themselves from the heat outside. “They need to stay cool, too!” She added.

Izzy and Pipp kept tug-a-waring a fan as they fought over it while grunting to get it out of each others hooves as they gave a glare to each other, but then Pipp accidentally press the power button as it turns on, which made both ponies gasps and blew Izzy away as she hang on to the fan.

Izzy started screaming as she was moving around Mane Melody as she then crashed into some containers of purple glitter as she’s still flying around.

“Ah! No, no, no!” Pipp called out as Izzy kept flying around, covered in purple glitter, but then she flew over some other ponies and got glitter on them as well. Pipp then flew in front of the stage with some contents stacked behind her. “Not the stage, not the stage!” She called out, but then Izzy flew over and splashed her with purple glitter as well.

Outside, Zipp was about to enter the salon, but once she opened the stage, purple glitter burst out of the door and got some on Zipp as she started coughing and then looked at her sister, who was covered in purple glitter as the entire place was a mess.

“Pipp! Why are all you ponies inside? Everypony should be at the beach!” Zipp pointed out since nopony isn’t at the beach at all except her.

“The beach?” Pipp questioned with a raised eyebrow as she flew to her sister. “Neigh way, sis. Today is definitely an inside kind of day.” She pointed out.

Izzy then sneakily levitated two fans while Pipp is talking to Zipp. “So I'm just... I'm gonna borrow these.” She said quietly in a hushed tone.

Pipp saw Izzy as she gave a glare, which made Zipp flinch in surprise. “Izzy, get back here with those!” She called out as she chased after Izzy out the door outside.

“I'm telling you, it is much, much cooler down by the water!” Zipp tried to reason as she walked to the front door and saw Izzy and Pipp fighting over the fan.

Izzy then used her magic to levitate the fan as she ran off. “Izzy, come back here!” Pipp yelled out as she chased after Izzy.

Zipp frowns from this as she then had enough. “Ugh! That's it!” She yelled out as she turned to the ponies around her as they flinched at her outburst. “Obviously you ponies are not gonna listen to me! Only Sunset listened to me, and she understood about the beach if she wasn’t busy helping Sunny and Hitch with the smoothies, and so far, you ponies aren’t even gonna give it a try!” She yelled out as the ponies flinched from her words. “Well, if anypony needs me, which they clearly won't, I will be nice and cool down at the beach! See ya!” She called out as she walked off in a huff.

“Izzy, come back here!” Pipp called out, didn’t hear her sister at all as she kept chasing Izzy to get the fan back.

Misty was inside of Mane Melody, covered in glitter, as she heard Zipp’s outburst as she gave a sympathetic look. “I've never seen Zipp so upset before.” She said to herself, feeling bad for Zipp for nopony listening to her.


Back at the beach, Zipp is surfing again, but she wasn’t having any fun as nopony would enjoy the beach along with her, except for Sunset who would consider it if she wasn’t hard working with Sunny and Hitch at the smoothie stand.

Zipp sighs as she was all alone on the beach with nopony else, but as she did a flip while surfing under a wave tunnel, she lost her balance. “Aah!” She called out as she fell into the water with a splash as she floated back up on her board and turned and saw somepony setting up beach gear as she gave a gasp as she smiled with sparkles in her eyes. “Hey! Somepony came!” She said joyfully as she swam out of the water and trotted to the pony with a pant as she stopped and saw the pony who came. “Misty?” She asked in surprise.

“Hey, Zipp!” Misty said with a wave as Zipp walked up to her with a smile. “You were definitely right about one thing. It is much cooler at the beach than on Mane Street.” She said.

Zipp gave a smile from that. “Wow. I didn't think anypony other than Sunset even heard a word I said back there.” She honestly said since everypony other than Sunset was listening to her.

“Yeah, well, sometimes ponies get so caught up in their own ideas, they forget to listen. Like how Sunset taught us to listen to what they say other than ignore them instead of hearing their suggestions and trying them out other than not trying at all.” Misty admitted, since everypony kept doing their own things, they didn’t consider what others would have to say. “And also, I've never had a beach day before.” She added as she stood up.

Zipp was surprised by what Misty just said. “Never had a beach day?” She asked with an amusing smile.

“Mm-mm.” Misty nodded with a smile, since she lived with Opaline, she never really had a beach day her whole life, among other things before she became friends with the Mane 7.

Zipp then got next to Misty as she placed a hoof over her. “Uh, then what are we waiting for? Beach day number one comin' up!” She declared with a smile as Misty smiled back in response, as Zipp is gonna show Misty what beach day is all about.

(Party, Party, Party Song:)
(Mane 7)
...'Cause when this place is poppin'
We'll party, party, party, oh yeah

A little bit later, Zipp then got started to show Misty about beach day as Misty brought out her phone and took a selfie with Zipp while holding a sunblock, while Zipp felt uneasy about being on the phone but smiled as she let Misty have her fun.

Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party

Misty and Zipp then start making a sandcastle, but then a crap pops out of it, which startled the two ponies as a picture was taken.


And then the picture was then posted into the web as ponies then saw the pictures Misty posted it as it showed the sandcastle crab thing, the crab being close while it’s head being covered in seaweed like a hair with Zipp holding a seaweed, and then the next one shows Misty and Zipp having some coconut drinks with a crap on top of Zipp’s mane while wearing glasses and holding a tiny umbrella.

The two ponies watching then smiled with sparkles in their eyes, finding them great.


Party, party, party

Back on the beach, Misty is laying on a towel with a blanket covering her as she sips on her coconut, but then a shadow draws over her as she looks up and sees Zipp holding two surfboards with an eager smile.

Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party
Party, party, party, oh yeah!

Misty gets on one of the boards as she and Zipp dive down together into the ocean as the boards float them back up to the surface. Zipp then taught Misty how to surf, which she was having trouble at first as she tried to keep her balance, but then a big wave formed over them as it splashed down on them as Misty held onto her board.

And then more pictures were taken of Zipp and Misty’s surfing, while Misty tripped over her board and fell into the water next to Zipp, but then the next one shows Misty surfing perfectly, meaning that she finally knows how to surf.

The ponies who are looking at the pictures, including the rest of the Mane 7, while a pony holds out a phone at both Izzy and Pipp, who are still fighting over the fan, smile with sparkles in their eyes as they find Misty and Zipp’s time at the beach.


A little bit later, Misty and Zipp resurface from the water as they then see some ponies on the beach as they are setting up their beach gear and taking pictures, playing ball or relaxing.

Hitch is chasing Sparky while wearing a hat with a flower necklace on him as Sparky ran from him with giggles as Sunny put on some sunglasses from her basket while Sunset unrolled the towel.

Pipp and Jazz are building a big sandcastle together with Izzy, Senior B and Rocky on the beach, Rocky being a merpony with a sandtail on him while Pipp took a picture of the sandcastle while Izzy looked through the basket.

Sunny and Sunset lay beside each other, with a crab laying on the sand wearing sunglasses next to them as Sunny is sipping on some smoothie while Sunset relaxes with her hooves behind her head while enjoying the sunlight as a shadow was now over them as they took off their sunglasses and saw Misty and Zipp in front of them as they smiled.

“Well, well, well.” Zipp said with a smile. “Would you look who decided to join us at the beach, Misty?” She asked playfully as Misty smiled.

“Zipp! It's perfect down here!” Sunny said with a smile as she stood up. “Cool breeze, warm sunshine…” She continued as she sipped on her smoothie again as she sighs happily.

“We saw your pictures Misty took on the web, and with a little talk I gave to the others and other ponies, we decided to join you. And it looks like the ponies themselves wanna enjoy it as well.” Sunset explained with a small smile as she stood up while leaning a bit.

“Well, that’s great to hear.” Misty said with a smile.

“Somepony really should've suggested this ages ago.” Pipp said as she put the finishing touches on the sand castle, having not heard what Zipp was saying earlier about the beach.

“I know, right?” Izzy asked in agreement while wearing sunglasses, but also levitating the fan she and Pipp were fighting in Mane Melody to cool off as she walked off with a sigh. “What a great idea.” She added with a smile.

“Izzy!” Pipp called out as she flew to Izzy to get her fan back after seeing it.

Zipp then started to hold her breath as her head started turning red in rage as tea kettle whistling sounds could be heard since she was suggesting the idea all day to her friends when she was ignored, feeling like exploding any second of their oblivion.

Sunset lowered her glasses as she saw Zipp’s reaction. “Oh boy.” She said with a sigh as she got up to do something to solve this.

Misty saw Zipp’s reaction as she placed a hoof on her shoulder with a calming smile. “Deep breaths, Zipp. Deep breaths.” She advises calmly.

Zipp calmed down as she turned to Misty with a small smile. “Great idea.” She said to Misty.

“Hey, Sunset. What are you…” Pipp’s voice heard out as the two turned and saw Sunset dragging Izzy and Pipp back while Sunny and Hitch came to them while in surprise as Sunset placed the two ponies next to the others. “What was that for?” Pipp questioned in confusion.

“For being so obvious.” Sunset answered sternly.” “Pipp, Zipp has been trying to tell us many times today. You shouldn't say stuff like that, even as a joke." She pointed out.

Pipp realized what she meant as she gave a sheepish chuckle. “O-okay. Maybe I should’ve thought about that.” She said sheepishly.

Sunset sighs from this as she turns to the other. “Ponies, what have I told you, listen to what others have to say instead of ignoring it and just doing what you thought was the right call. Zipp has been trying to get you ponies to join in on the beach day sooner, but you didn’t listen to her. And from what I can tell, only me and Misty listen. Sure I was busy helping Sunny and Hitch with the smoothie thing, but at least Misty decided to give it a shot.” She pointed out while gesturing to said Unicorn.

“Yeah, I wanted to make Zipp happy and wanted to have fun with her, plus, it’s my first beach day after all since I was isolated with Opaline before I met you guys.” Misty added while reminding them since this is her first time having a beach day.

“And to be honest, you ponies didn’t even bother listening and hearing me out, that it hurts when you didn’t even hear me out.” Zipp said while looking down in guilt.

The rest of the Mane 7 look at Zipp as they turn to each other, feeling guilty for not hearing her out as they turned to her.

“Oh, Zipp. We’re really sorry about earlier.” Sunny apologized first.

“I guess we were all a little too crazy from the heat to listen to you - well, with the exception of Misty and possibly Sunset.” Hitch added while pointing to said ponies as they nodded in agreement.

“And I guess I was so busy getting that fan back from Izzy, that I didn’t let you have the chance to explain.” Pipp said in guilt for not hearing her sister out.

“And uh, I guess I was too busy getting the fans out to notice.” Izzy added while feeling bad for not listening to Zipp after sneakingly taking the fans outside for the ponies in line from Mane Melody earlier.

“And you ponies gotta remember, always listen to what your friends are saying and give them a try of their suggestions.” Sunset continued as she looked at them. “Look, I understand we were just wanting ponies and ourselves to cool off, but remember that there are other options than our own. We just gotta listen to what our friends were trying to say instead of ignoring them and just kept doing things our own way. There’s always alternatives to situations like the heat.” She explained.

The rest of the Mane 7 look at each other as they turn to Zipp with small smiles. “We’re sorry we didn’t hear you out, Zipp. We should’ve joined you sooner than just doing our jobs.” Sunny apologizes first.

“Yeah, I guess we really gotta work out on paying attention.” Pipp said sheepishly.

“We should have never ignored you when you were trying to tell us about beach day.” Hitch added while looking down.

“Can you forgive us for not listening?” Izzy asked hopefully.

Zipp looked at them as she gave them a smile. “I forgive you ponies. Just remember to listen instead of ignoring what others are trying to say.” She said as they all chuckled a bit as they shared a group hug together.

“So, Zipp, wanna go surfing again?” Misty asked with a smile.

Zipp gave a defiant smirk. “Oh, I sure do, Misty.” She answered as she and Misty trotted off to the ocean while laughing together as they passed a crab laying on the sand wearing sunglasses while enjoying the sun.

The rest of the Mane 7 chuckled from this. “Misty sure knows how to make others feel happy when they are down.” Sunset commented.

“She definitely learned much after betraying Opaline and having fun with us while spying on Opaline for us. But being a real friend to us and her having real friends really shows how far Misty is.” Sunny added with a smile. “She’s definitely learning from the best, eh Sunset?” She asked while nudging Sunset.

Sunset chuckle from that. “She sure is, Sunny. And Misty is really happy to have this life.” She said with a smile as the rest of the Mane 7 went back to enjoying their beach time as they had fun in the sun.

End of Chapter 57.

PreviousChapters Next