• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,523 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,523

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Pony Partay

Chapter 26: Pony Partay

In the Crystal Brighthouse, Pipp is doing a mane wig makeover as she placed a couple of flowers on the wig as she smiled at her accomplishment when she finished.

“Hofftag #Gorgeous.” Pipp said, but then an explosion was heard as glitter got on Pipp and the wig.

Pipp turned to the source and saw Izzy, covered in glitter as well with a big cannon beside her as she gave a cheerful smile. “Glitter Cannon! At the ready, captain. Oohh!” She said with a salute to her.

Pipp was shocked at this as she shook the glitter off her. “What?! Why do we need a glitter cannon?” She asked the million dollar question, while also thinking how Izzy got a glitter cannon.

“For Sunny’s party.” Izzy answered with a smile. Apparently today is Sunny’s birthday, and the rest of the Mane 6 wanted to celebrate that party together since this is Sunny’s first birthday with her friends and the three tribes together as well, and they wanted to make it a good one for her, but there might be some bumps in the road along the way from the look of things.

Zipp then zoomed in through the kitchen window as she did a loop while wearing roller skates and a helmet with her signature colors as she landed on the ground in front of her sister with a smile. “The skate ramps are all secured. This party is going to be epic.” She said with a smile, since Sunny really loves roller skates, she decided to have some skate ramps ready for her friend with a little ‘Zipp’ taste to it.

“Skate ramps!?” Izzy and Pipp cried out in shock, they knew that Sunny loved roller skating, but this isn’t how they planned.

Hitch then dances his way to the group while humming a tune to himself while wearing a purple sparkle neck collar, a red sparkle party tie with party glasses as well as he turns to the group with a smile. “Hey. The dance floor’s all ready for…” He was cut off when Izzy, Pipp, and along with Zipp this time, looked on in shock as they both cried out.

“...Sunny’s party?!” They cried out unison, clearly they didn’t think things through.

“No, no, no. We agreed to throw her a ‘makeover’ party!” Pipp pointed out, thinking throwing a makeover party would be great for Sunny.

Zipp then turned while glaring at her sister. “Uh, no! You said an ‘awesome’ party!” She pointed out.

“And an awesome art party.” Izzy pointed out while carrying a paintbrush and a wooden palette in her hooves.

“But I already choreographed a ground dance number!” Hitch said with a smile while waving his hooves, while pointing out what he made for Sunny’s birthday.

“I already built a skatepark!” Zipp complained as she worked hard to make a skatepark for Sunny, and she can’t let that hard work go to waste.

“What is going on here?” Sunset’s voice called out as the group turned and saw Sunset coming in with a wrap up present for Sunny in her magic as she placed it on the counter. “What is all this complaining about? I was finishing up this present for Sunny when I heard you all complain.” She pointed out.

“Well, Sunset. We were just talking about Sunny’s party when we seem to have different opinions for Sunny’s birthday.” Pipp pointed out their reasons. And then she realized something. “Wait. What did you plan for Sunny’s party, Sunset?” She asked, thinking she must’ve planned something for Sunny’s birthday as well if the rest of them have.

Sunset chuckled at Pipp’s question as she gave them a smirk. “I’m not much of a party pony Pinkie Pie was, Pipp. I’m just giving Sunny a present she would love. And it’s a surprise for her. Something that I’m going to give to her, when I give it to her.” She said to them, wanting to surprise Sunny, knowing that she will love this present. Sunset then saw Izzy’s glitter cannon. “And is that a glitter cannon, Izzy?” She asked, while having a familiar vibe.

“Sure is!” Izzy cheered. “I figured it would be something for Sunny’s party, so what better than a glitter cannon for an art party!” She pointed out her reason.

Sunset then chuckled at this. “Yeah. I’ve seen this somewhere before.” She said while having a sense of familiar vibes back when Pony Pinkie had a party cannon at various times to start a surprise. But then they all heard the Brighthouse’s door open, and they knew what that meant.

“Oh no! Sunny’s back!” Hitch cried out in fear, meaning that they didn't have time to discuss this.

Pipp then called out with a determined smile. “Okay! New plan, we’ll all throw our own party for Sunny.” She declared of them splitting their ideas into five parties for Sunny. “After all, four parties are better than one, right?” She asked her friends with a smile, thinking that four parties will be five times better for Sunny’s birthday.

“Right!” The rest of the group, except for Sunset, agreed to Pipp’s plan.

Sunset however grows concern to this. “I don’t know, guys. That plan might not go well. Four parties can be overwhelming, even on a birthday.” She pointed out that four parties on one birthday can be too much for one pony.

“Come on, Sunset. This is Sunny’s birthday we’re talking about. What can go wrong?” Pipp asked, but then met with silence as Sunset raised an eyebrow at Pipp and the rest of the Mane 6, reminding them of the times they think they have things in the bag; it ended up in a disaster. Pipp then realizes what Sunset is thinking as she gives a sheepish chuckle. “Don’t answer that. I’m sure it won’t happen this time. This is Sunny’s birthday after all.” She said that maybe it won’t happen this time since it’s Sunny’s day after all.

Sunset sighs at this since they are on a time limit. “This is gonna come back and bite us in the rump later.” She said to herself as she turned to her friends. “Okay. We’ll take turns through Sunny each of our party’s ideas since we don’t have time to discuss this. So let's go!” She called out as she and the others trotted out of the kitchen and headed for the front door to surprise Sunny.


At the front door, Sunny came in as she took a breath, seeing that she had a good day today, but then screamed in surprise when she saw something in front of her. She saw her friends, with party decorations and birthday signs around the main room of the Brighthouse.

“Surprise!” The Mane 6 called out to Sunny.

PIpp is then the first to speak. “I hope you’re ready for the best parties ever!” She sang the last part to Sunny.

“Oh!” Sunny said with a smile and sparkle in her eyes that her friends are here to celebrate her birthday. “That’s so…” She was cut off when Izzy grabbed her and dragged her off. “Aaahhh!” She cried out from the sudden snatched.


Some time after, Izzy drags Sunny to her section of the party with a sign that shows a cake with a candle that has a star on top of it.

Sunny and Izzy are doing some painting with McSnips-a-lot as their model with him sitting on a chair with a scar around him while sitting on a pillow.

“Aw. Thanks, Izzy.” Sunny thanks her unicorn friend for this fun activity. “I do love a good ‘crafternoon’!” She joked with the craft pun with a laugh, she does love doing arts and crafts every now and then.

Izzy laughs at Sunny’s pun, finding it funny as well. “‘Crafternoon’! Oh, Sunny!” She said, finding it funny as painted McSnips on her painting board. But her painting is kinda childish while Sunny’s is perfect with McSnip napping on the pillow.

Sunny and Izzy cheer with their smoothies as they slurp some down.

(Party, Party, Party Song)

Mane 6:
Party, party, party

Zipp then appears between the two ponies as she wears a headband. “You know what this party needs?” She said to the two ponies as she looked at Sunny. “The element of danger.” She declared as she grabbed Sunny and dragged her out.

“Whoa!” Sunny called out from being pulled again as Zipp dragged her to her section.


Sometime later, Sunny got into her roller skates gear as she and Zipp skate each other at a fast paste as they give each other challenging smiles as they skate neck to neck with each other.

Zipp:
So tonight we’re gonna party
So throw your hooves up, everypony

Sunny took the lead as she skated ahead with Zipp behind her as the two got on the skate ramps Zipp made as Zipp flew up a bit as she did a loop pass a hoop before landing right beside Sunny.

We got that glitter, gonna roll
It's time to glow up the disco
'Cause when this place is poppin'
We'll party, party, party, oh yeah

Sunny and Zipp give each other hoof bumps with each other as they give a smile to each other. Zipp skated side to side past some trench and some rock, Sunny following along while dodging the trench and rocks as they skied to a stop in front of the ramp.

Sunny took off her helmet as she gave a smile. “This is so cool!” She cried out with excitement loving the skate ramp and obstacle Zipp made for her to learn some new roller skating skills.

And then Pipp popped up between them, which startled them for a bit as she held up two makeup brushes. “Glamor waits for nopony! Come on, Sunny!” She cheered as she hugged Sunny in the process.

Sunset was watching the whole thing as she gave out a smile. “Well, looks like Pipp was right for once. This is working out fine and looks like Sunny is enjoying it.” She said, maybe she must’ve worried too much, and for once this won’t bite them this time, but she is still worried. “Then why do I get the feeling this might fall apart?” Sunset asked herself as she kept having a feeling that the plan might fall apart.


Sometime later back inside the Brighthouse, Pipp got Sunny in a chair as she put some makeup on Sunny.

Pipp:
Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party

Then Pipp got Sunny to try out three different kinds of mane wigs to see how she looked as Sunny smirked at the style she was giving. Liking how they look at her. And then Sunny tried out the fourth wig that is pink and shows yellow flowers on them.

Sunny smiled at the new look with sparkles in her eyes as she smiled at Pipp. “I like it.” She said to Pipp, approving of her new style.

Pipp gives a smirk in response. “Of course you do.” She replied, knowing that Sunny loved it.

Party, party, party
Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party

Pipp then reclined Sunny’s chair as Sunny laid down with Pipp applying a mod makeup on her forehead as Sunny sighs in relaxation.

“Oh, I needed this.” Sunny said in a relaxed tone as Cloudpuff flying with a drink for Sunny while wearing a red bowtie.

"hooftag #BeautyGoals!” Pipp said to Sunny as she held up her camera phone. Sunny posed in the camera, but as Pipp took the picture, it showed Hitch grabbing Sunny, which startled her, and as she placed her phone down, Sunny was gone, meaning that Hitch grabbed her to his party section. “Hey!” She cried out.


At the dance floor, Hitch dances beside Sunny, who is surprised by this as Hitch did a little dance.

Hitch:
So tonight we're gonna party

Hitch lifted his hoof as Sunny smiled as she clapped her hoof with Hitch’s as he continued to dance. “Crazy noodle! Unicorn-a-conga!” He calls out as Sunny joins on the dance as she jumps over Hitch who slides on the floor as they face back to back and walk backwards as they now face each other as they smile with Sunny having a sparkle in her eyes.

Sunny and Hitch did their childhood hoof-shake after the dance. “Up high, down low, hitch it to a post! Flip it sunny-side up and on a piece of toast!” They cheer after the hoof-shake as they grab each other's hooves and hold onto one another as they twirl around.

So tonight we're gonna party

“Whoo-hoo!” Sunny cheered as they kept twirling with Sunny laughing.

Sunset watches on with a smile. “Sunny is really enjoying this. We might pull this off after all.” She said, but then when Hitch let go, Sunny just kept twirling.

“Whoa!” Sunny cried out as she couldn't stop twirling, she twirled to some buckets of paints and fell on the painting board, covered in paint in the process.

Sunset cringed at this. “I take back what I said.” She stated, regretting saying those words too soon.

Izzy gasps cheerfully as she has an idea. “Paint angels! Great idea!” She cheerfully said as she dumped some yellow paint on herself as she and then fell on the second painting board as she made paint angels. “Whoo! Whoo!” She cheerfully said as she made paint angels.

Zipp grabs Sunny and drags her out of there as they go back out to the Brighthouse. Sunset sees this as she grows concerned for Sunny. “This is gonna bite us in the rump.” She said to herself, predicted that this might get Sunny into some trouble.


Back outside, Zipp got Sunny back into her roller skates as Zipp is on a skateboard as they rode down the path, but Sunny starts to lose her balance as she is having trouble.

Zipp: (rapping)

Can't stop, won't stop, the big move
Strike your best pose, do the pony hip-hop

“Call me ‘Pony Hawk’!” Zipp said as she flipped into the air and landed on the ramp while striking her hind hooves high in the air while making a halfpipe on the ramp, with Sunny having trouble keeping balance as Zipp landed on the ground at the end of the ramp.

We might blow the roof off this place

Sunny the start to scream as she knows she isn’t that good on skating moves like Zipp is, and she is going to fast as she flew over the ramp and hit the Brighthouse wall face first as she slid down and landed on a pile of leaves that Pipp prepared on a wagon for Sunny’s soft landed after that hard smack.

Sunset saw that as she cringed. “Oh. That’s gotta hurt.” She said, feeling sorry for Sunny, especially on her birthday.


Back to Pipp’s party section, Sunny sat on the chair again, looking worse from the paint from Izzy and smack on the wall thing from Zipp’s ramp.

Pipp:
So tonight we're gonna party

“Ugh.” Sunny groans, still feeling the impact.

“Sunny, your pores seem really tense.” Pipp said as she wrapped Sunny in a blanket, while also seeing how tense Sunny is from being smack to a wall.

“Well…” It was all Sunny could say, while being a little nervous about it.

Pipp brought up her makeup brush as she brushed it on Sunny and then put two kiwis on her eyes as she went off. But then Hitch showed up next to her.

So throw your hooves up, everypony, uh-huh
We got that—

“There's my dance buddy!” Hitch said, which startled Sunny as he grabbed her out of the chair and brought her back to the dance floor, losing the kiwis in the process as she twirled to the other side.

Hitch:
It's time to glow up the disco

“Are you ready?” Hitch called out to Sunny.

“What?” Sunny asked in confusion while also nervous, not knowing what comes next or what Hitch means.

“Catch me!” Hitch called out as he jumped to her.

Sunny looked nervous, but then Izzy came up next to her. “Craft time!” Izzy called out as she dragged Sunny off, leaving Hitch to land on the floor with a hurtful thud.


A little bit later, Izzy brought Sunny back to the art section as they are using hardened clay to make some sculptures.

Izzy:
Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party

Sunny is having trouble with her clay going fast, but as she touches it to slow it down, the clay turns into a shape of Pipp’s head.

Izzy gasps in amazement at what Sunny just made. “It's a masterpiece!” She cheerfully said as Sunny looked at it in amazement, didn’t know she made Pipp’s head that great.

And then speaking of said Pegasus, Pipp pops up from behind her head shaped clay as she looks at Sunny with a cheery smile. “Time to tame that mane!” Pipp announced as she dragged Sunny back to her section.

Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh

Izzy decided to give Sunny's sculpture head a Pipp the final touch as she adds googly eyes and a mouth cut out as the final touch.


Back in Pipp’s section, Pipp put on a new wig and mane on Sunny, and it’s blue with some pearl necklaces on it.

Pipp:
So tonight we're gonna party, oh yeah
So throw those hooves up, everypony

Sunny feel unsure about this, but then Pipp turned Sunny’s head to the other direction as Cloudpuff spray her with mane spray as it clouded her for a bit.


And then for some reason, once the cloud is clear and the paint and mess is off her, Sunny is at the highest ramp Zipp made in her roller skate gear, and she was shocked and scared as she didn’t know how she got there.

Zipp saw Sunny up on the highest ramp with a shocked look. “Whoa! You're starting from way up there?! You go, Sunny!” She cheered to her, thinking Sunny has the guts to use the ramp.

Sunny was not liking this, but her hooves slipped as she rolled down the ramp at a super fast paste as she screamed. And she went so fast that she flew off in the air again at the end of the ramp and right through the Brighthouse’s open window.

Before she could hit the ground however, Sunset grabbed Sunny while in flight and gently set her down on the ground.

“You okay, Sunny?” Sunset asks in concern, hoping Sunny is okay.

Sunny got her bearings as she looked around for a bit before answering. “Ugh. A bit overwhelmed by all this, Sunset.” She answered.

And then the two ponies heard the door open as their friends came stamping in, Sunny began to freak out as she hid behind Sunset as the two ponies backed up a bit, with Sunset in front of Sunny to protect her after what she’s been through.

“I am so inspired right now!” Izzy is the first to say as she held some painting supplies.

“Sunny! I've been practicing the lift!” Hitch called out next.

“I just beat your track time by zero-point-three seconds, Sunny!” Zipp called out, meaning that she just beat Sunny’s so-called ‘track time’.

“Time to curl those eyelashes!” Pipp announced while holding an eyelash curler.

Sunny was having a breakdown from this as Sunset sees this as well as she gives Sunny a determined nod, knowing that she needs to speak up to this and tell her friends. Sunny then gives a determined look as well as she nodded back before facing her friends. “Okay! Everypony, That’s it! This is too much! I can't handle it!” She spoke out, can’t handle doing four parties sections at the same time.

Sunset then spoke up next. “Remember what I said about ‘this might come back and bite us in the rump’? Well this is one of those!” She called out. “Sunny can’t handle four parties sections at the same time and you guys just keep dragging her to these sections too fast and too much for her to keep up or have fun.” She added. “This is Sunny’s birthday, and we can’t just grab her to a new party section all willy-nilly. And this is her first birthday with us since we first came into her life.” She finished, while stating that this is Sunny’s first birthday to have the time of her life with her friends and they can’t just keep randomly grabbing her to their party section.

“Sunset’s right, guys.” Sunny said, agreeing with Sunset's words as she gave them a calm smile. “I've had so much fun with you all. But it's not what I want. I just want all of us to have fun together.” She said, meaning that all she wants is to have her friends to have fun with her together, not being in different sections.

The rest of the Mane 6 thought of what Sunny and Sunset said as they were overwhelming Sunny with their party ideas, and they gave a smile, understanding Sunny’s wish as Hitch spoke up. “You know, it's pretty hard to do a conga line with just two ponies.” He admittedly said, saying with just him and Sunny is fun since they know each other since they were little, but with just them and not the rest of their friends, it’s not really the same.

“And races are better with more competition.” Zipp said with a little chuckle, meaning that races are better with more challengers instead of just two players. “Maybe we should…” She started out but kept quiet for a sec before Izzy continued.

“...combine all our parties together?” Izzy suggested combining their ideas, the others smiled at her idea as Izzy continued. “To make a…” She was cut off when Pipp gasped, putting the pieces together.

“...a roller-disco-beauty-glitter party?!” Pipp questioned in excitement. “I love iiiiit!” She sang with a sparkle in her eyes, finding Izzy’s idea great.

Sunset chuckled at this as she cleared her throat, catching Pipp’s attention. “Uh, Pipp. This is Sunny’s birthday. Let’s see how she thinks of this.” She said with a smirk.

The rest smirked at Pipp who composed herself. “Uh, right. That's if you love it, Sunny.” She said to Sunny with a nervous smile, almost forgetting that this is Sunny’s birthday.

Sunny smiled at this. “Yes!” She cheerfully said, finding that idea great for her birthday.


(Party, Party, Party Reprise Song)

Mane 6:
'Cause when this place is poppin'
We'll party, party, party

A little bit later, they got things ready as Sunny and Hitch worked together to lift the disco ball up to the ceiling as they smiled at each other.

Zipp is too busy painting an indoor ramp, but then Izzy helps out by using her hooves to stomp the blue paint on top of the ramp as it rains down to the side as Zipp smiles at Izzy’s idea as Izzy smiles back while striking a pose.

So tonight we're gonna party (oh yeah)
So throw those hooves up, everypony (uh-huh)

Pipp uses ber makeover hair curlers to help curl the streamers down for decorations with Sunset by her side to help her as Sunny brought in another decorating item as they smiled.

And then some time after, the Mane 6 has finished with the decorations as they smiled at their accomplishment with a sparkle in their eyes, no more happy than Sunny since it’s her birthday after all.

We got that glitter, gonna roll
It's time to glow up the disco

Then the Mane 6 got their gear on of their perspective sections, Sunny is the combination of all them along with Sunset, since she never did a party section herself, she decided to join Sunny in
'Cause when this place is poppin'
We'll party, party, party, oh yeah

Hitch turns on the boombox as the Mane 6 starts to follow his dance moves as they break it on the dance floor in perfect sync.

Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party
Party, party, party

The Mane 6 then get into roller skates of their own as they skate around the room as they party along while Sunny gives out a happy smile as she reaches Zipp and twirls around when they grab each other's hooves before they let go.

Uh-huh, oh, yeah, uh-huh
We're gonna party, party, party
Party, party, party, oh yeah!

Pipp then brought out her phone as the Mane 6 huddled together as they all took a selfie together to remember this perfect time of Sunny’s first birthday with her friends. And then the Mane 6 saw Izzy coming in front of them with her glitter cannon at the ready.

“Glitter cannon!” Izzy cheered as the glitter cannon fired glitter in the air as it sparkled down on the Mane 6 as the final touch for Sunny’s birthday.

“Now this brings back memories. Especially the cannon thing.” Sunset said, clearly remembering the days when Pinkie threw great parties, and then thought for a moment until she widened her eyes in realization. “Oh! I almost forgot.” She said as she zoomed off and came back with the present in her magic. “Happy birthday, Sunny.” She said to her Earth Pony friend with a smile.

Sunny gasps as she grabs the present in her hooves. “For me?” She asked, with Sunset nodding her head in confirmation with a smile. Sunny can hardly contain her excitement as she opens up the present, and then gasps with joy at what she’s seeing inside. Inside are mini figures of Trixie Lulamoon, Starlight Glimmer, and Tempest Shadow (Fizzlepop Berrytwist) in the present. “Oh my gosh! The mini figures of Trixie Lulamoon! Starlight Glimmer and Tempest Shadow!” She cheered in excitement as she held the three mini figures in her hooves.

Sunset then smiled some more. “That’s not all, Sunny. Look at the present again.” She said while pointing to the box.

Sunny then looked at the box again and what she saw made her gasp some more with widened eyes in amazement. In the box are mini figures of her and her friends, along with Sunset in them, two with Sunset as her Unicorn self and her Alicorn self, and Sunny herself as her Earth Pony self and Alicorn self as well.

Sunny then starts having tears of joy as she looks at Sunset with a teary smile. “Sunset. These are amazing. How did you…?” She was full with joy to continue, but Sunset chuckled, seeing that Sunny is too full of joy to ask so she answered for her.

“When we first met, you mentioned that my doll was hard to track, along with Trixie, Starlight and Tempest for that matter. So I made them with my arts skills, and with some help from Izzy’s Unicycling supplies to get the materials I need, I created these dolls for you Sunny.” Sunset answered, having memories of when she brought the whole school of CHS to Equestria to get to the mirror when they were stranded on the island, she saw how Trixie looks in her pony form so her counterpart can’t be no different, and remember what Starlight looks like when she brought her to CHS to hang out and experience it as well and some pictures that Twilight sent to her journal of how Tempest invaded Canterlot and redeemed herself to save Twilight and the others when she was turned to stone and stood by Twilight and her friends against the Legion of Doom in their final battle, she was able to make the dolls by memory. “And I also made dolls versions of you and our friends since we are Equestria’s new heroes that help restore the magic of friendship and brought the three tribes together again since our first adventure together.” She added while stating her reason on how she made dolls versions of Sunny and the others.

Sunny then starts to tear up more as she cries with joy and hugs Sunset. “Thank you, Sunset! This is the best gift you could ever give me.” She cried with joy, barely containing it.

Sunset chuckled as she hugged Sunny back. “Any for the birthday mare and a friend, Sunny.” She said while patting Sunny on the back as the others watched on with a smile at seeing Sunny this happy.

Sunny composes herself as she and Sunset let go of the hug as Sunny raises her hooves in the air. “Best party ever!” She announced with joy, meaning that this was the best birthday ever.

The Mane 6 continues to party on as Sunny skates around, Zipp is flying overhead as Sunset, Izzy, Hitch and Pipp are dancing on the dance as they continue to party on.

And then on the window sill, Hitch’s animal crew starts chattering while dancing to the music while enjoying the party as well, but when they did the twirl, McSnips fell out the window when he went too far to the edge as he fell to the floor, but the two birds know that he will be okay and will come back up as they continue to dance to the music as Sunny’s birthday party continues through the night.

End of Chapter 26.

PreviousChapters Next