• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,523 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,523

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 67: The Rise and Fall

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place during Chapter 6, but with how early it is, this might be hard to tell if this is, so with that, a little something here, but with how close Chapter 6 is coming, the ending might be a slight different surprise, so enjoy

Chapter 67: The Rise and Fall

On a camera, Opaline is livestreaming on it with an sinister evil smile as she gaves and evil laugh, but then she coughed as she recompose herself as the camera pans back and showed Opaline wearing her power crown, her cape, and for some reason, a necklace which holds five of the seven Mane 7’s Cutie Marks.

“Start again.” Opaline said, going to try again as the camera turned off.


In a new vidoe, Opaline looked at the camera again with an evil smile, “It's me, Opal—” She was cut off when she fling her cape, but it flew around and smack her on the face, “Oof!” She yelped.


And a next video, it showed Opaline liting up her hoof in blue flames with a look as she waved her hoof around, “Bow to me, Equestria! Nopony can stop me!” She announced as flames burst from behind her as she gave an evil laugh, but as she turned around, she gave a panic expression, “Aah!” She called out as she saw her cape was on fire from the fire burst behind her.

Opaline then started screaming in panic as she ran around as the racoonicorn, who is holding her phone to record, watched her go as she tried to put out the fire on her cape.


And then the next video, Opaline was about to speak, but she unintintonally gave a burp as she gave an embarassing look at the camera.


Next video again, Opaline walked up to the camera with a smirk, “The time has come for you poonies to bow to—” She called out as she gave an evil look and got close to the camera, but then the racoonicorn gave off giggles, making her confused as she gave it a look. “What's so funny?” She questioned.

The racoonicorn gave a nervous look as it quickly tuggled around Opaline’s phone and showed her the recording, “—you poonies to bow to—” It played.

Opaline now understands what the racoonicorn was telling her as she gave an amusing look with a laugh, “It's quite funny! ‘Poonies’!” She said with tears of joy as she gave an amusing laugh at her mistake, finding it very funny.


At Zephyr Heights, Queen Haven is walking around as her phone chimed as she took it out and saw the notification, “Oh! A message.” She said as she look at her phone in confusion by the message.


“Do I know you?” Posey questioned with a brow as she got the same message as well on her phone.


“Who's this?” Thunder asked, looking at his phone.


“New message?” Zoom asked as she looked at her phone as well.

One by one, basically every ponies in Equestria looked at their phone as they saw a message on it, even the critters as their phones started chimming.


At the Crystal Brighthouse, the Crystal Brighthouse, Sunny and Sunset are looking at their phones in concern, “Oh, no. This can't be good.” Sunny said in great concern.

“No it can’t be. I have a bad feeling about this,” Sunset said in agreement as she and Sunny looked at their phones as it revealed Opaline.

Hello, ponies.” Opaline said as she turned and fling her mane and waved her hoof.

“Knew it!” Sunset said with a glare.


At the Sheriff Station, Hitch saw the message as he gave a panic expression, “Don't look! It's the evil Alicorn again!” He cried out as he covered his eyes.


In Zepyhr Heights, Pipp and Zipp saw the messages on their phones as Pipp screamed in panic as she flew around the room as her sister watched.

“Pipp, stop screaming!” Zipp called out to her panic sister as she place her phone close to her ear, “I can't hear what she's saying!” She added, wanting to hear what Opaline has to say so they could know what’s she’s planning.


In Bridlewood, Izzy looked at her phone with a determined look, “Oh, yeah?! Bring it, Opaline!” She challenged as she got her phone closer to her face.


Opaline looked at the camera, “Tsk-tsk-tsk. It's a shame that we're getting to know each other so late. But, you know, I have been ever so busy. There are an awful lot of you…” She narrated as she then gave a smirk as she tell her stories.


Flashback.

“...pathetic little ponies in Equestria.” Opaline narrated as in Zephyr Heights, at the Together Tree, a portal opened up as Opaline came through with a smirk, with two dragons, one Lava and another pink female dragon, came through, scariing the Pegasi as they are shocked and frighten by this. “And even with the help of my new dragon friends, taking all of your cutie marks – well, it's been a full-time job.” She said as magical tentacles shot out and at the ponies.

One fo them touched Thunder as it grabbed and remove his Cutie Mark as his partner Zoom watched in wide eyes as she started running away from one of the magic tentacles as Thunder kept screaming as he reach out for his Cutie Mark.


In Bridlewood, Opaline and her dragons came to as well as the magical tentacles starts grabbing the unicorns Cutie Marks as Alphabittle ran to try and reach for one of them before another grabbed his as it took his mark away.

“Hey! What do you think you're doing?! Give that back!” Alphabittle ordered with a glare as he raised his hoof for his mark.


In Maretime Bay, Dahlia and Windy are running for their lives with frightened looks, “Quick, Windy! Run!” Dahlia called out as the two ponies kept running.

“Oh, this is just terrifying!” Windy exclaimed as the two ponies turned a corner, but they stopped.

Right in front of them is Opaline, who gave an evil smile at them as she lite up her horn, taking Dahlia and Windy’s Cutie Marks, “No!” The two ponies cried out as they reach for their marks.

“I liked that cutie mark. Sad.” Windy said as she gave tearful eyes as tears starts coming out of her eyes that her Cutie Mark is taken.

End of Flashback.


Back in the present, Opaline is still broadcasting as the ponies grew nevers as they watched fearfully as fire appeared behind her with an evil smile, “Not only is all this cutie mark magic making me the most powerful Fire Alicorn of all time, they are really sprucing up the place.” She said with a small smile as she gestured to the side.

The camera turned and showed the Cutie Marks from the ponies Opaline stole from on the leaves and stems of the Together Tree in her castle.


“We're doomed!” Dazzle cried out when she looked at her phone.


“Somepony stop her!” Onyx exclaimed, wishing that somepony would stop Opaline, and longing for her Cutie Mark.


“She's awful!” Rufus called in fright.


Skye was crying at his phone after seeing the announcement from Opaline.


Opaline continued to speak through the camera, “Now I must admit, there were a few of you that did put up teensy-weensy adorable little fights.” She said with a small smile, stating that she did a couple of fights during her Cutie Mark Taken in Equestria.


Flashback.

In Maretime Bay, Hitch saw Opaline as he gave a determined look with his sheriff hat on, “No!” He exclaimed as he stompped his hoof down, using his Earth Pony magic to summoned some vines around Opaline, “Stop right there!” He ordered as the vines grabbed Opaline and lifted the Fire Alicorn up.

Opaline focused her magic as she spread her wings with a roar, freeing herself from the vines as she zapped Hitch’s legs and tied them together as he fell to the floor as Hitch struggled to break free.

“Aah! Thief!” Hitch called out as Opaline walked up to him with a small smile as she lit up her horn and stolen Hitch’s Cutie as it flew out of his flank. “Ah! No!” He cried out in vain as his Cutie Mark was taken.


In the Crystal Brighthouse, the Uniy Crystal shimmered but it shook a bit as the rainbow faded again at the moment Hitch’s Cutie Mark was removed.


Opaline and the two mind controlled dragons then made it to Zephyr Heights at the old station as Pipp flew aorund while she is vocalizing fearfully at the three, while Opaline just gave a bored expression since she expected more from Pipp as the nervous princess flew around Opaline, which she grew more irrated as Pipp got more nervous as she flew off.

“Hey!” Zipp’s voice called out as Opaline turned and saw Zipp flew in and wrap a tarp around the Opaline and the two dragons as she and Pipp grab a rope and tried to trap them.

But then Opaline lit up her magic as she bruned through the tarp and zapped Zipp and Pipp, tying the two Pegasi sisters’ hooves together as they fell to the ground.

“Aah!” Zipp yelped as soon as she and Pipp fell to the floor.

“Aah! Hey!” Pipp called as hers and Zipp’s Cutie Marks were extracted from their flanks,” That's mine!” She cried out.

“Give that back!” Zipp called with a glare at Opaline.

“I'll take these.” Opaline said wiht a smirk as she levitated the sister’s Cutie Marks to her necklave and place them in with Hitch’s in the middle.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, the Unity Cystals shook again as bit of the rainbow faded again.


In Bridlewood, Izzy levitated some tomatoes at Opaline, “Take that! And that!” She exclaimed as she threw the tomatoes at Opaline, which she got hit with a couple, “And this!” She said as she threw more tomatoes at her.

Opaline managed to use her magic to block the tomatoes before she gave a roar and extracted Izzy’s Cutie Mark, but the Unicorn kept her smirk.

“Ooh, you want that, do ya?” Izzy asked with a smirk as Opaline got Izzy’s mark to her hoof, but then was shock when she saw that it was a fake, “Hah! Well, that's not even the real one!” She mocked as Izzy jumped into her scooter and put on her helmet, “Not today, Opaline!” She said as she drove off as Opaline started sneering in anger.

“Not today!” Izzy cheered, but her victory was short-lived as Opaline zapped Izzy’s hooves, tying them together as she was lifted up in the air and her scooter tipped over, “Aah!” She gave a yelp as her Cutie Mark was extracted from her flank, “Oh. I guess maybe today.” She said sadly as she saw her Cutie Mark flying to Opaline with tears in her eyes.


In the Crystla Brighthouse, the Unity Crystals shook and the rainbow lost another color again.


In Zephyr Heights, Misty faced Opaline at the Together Tree as the two ponies glared at each other, “I earned that cutie mark through true friendship, Opaline!” She called as Opaline gave a rageful look at her betrayal adoctive daughter, “You can't take it from me!” She added with a serious look.

Before Misy could react, Opaline shot Misty’s legs, tying them up as she was levitated up to her as Opaline gave a laugh, “Oh, Misty. Really?” She asked in amusement as she used her magic to extract Misty’s Cutie Mark and held it up, “Aren't you a little old to believe in fairy tales?” She mocked with a sinister smile as Misty’s Cutie Mark was put into amulet with the others.

End of Flashback.


“And now only two little Alicorns and the remaining Gaurdians of Harmony stands between me and total domination!” Opaline finsihed with a crazed sinister look with her wings spread and glowing to the camera.

“Looking for us, Opaline?” Sunny’s voice spoke, which surprised Opaline as she turned and saw Sunset, Sunny, who is in her Alicorn form, along with Discord and Spike with them, giving determined looks at the Fire Alicorn as the racoonicorn cheers, dropping the phone as it landed on the rock as it livestream them.

“Ah, Sunny, Sunset, Discord, and Spike. There you are.” Opaline said with a smirk at her four opponents.

“Opaline, this has gone too far!” Discord exclaimed with a yell.

“Oh, but I think it was an amazing achievement for me,” Opaline said with a mocking smirk, “I’ve taken everypony’s Cutie Marks, as well as your friends, and I’m in control of two dragons and became the most powerful pony in Equestria!”

“When you mess with our friends and other creatures for power, that’s crossing a line,” Sunset growled as Twilight appeared from the necklace.

And this is even beyond more insane, and I’ve seen crazier and this whole stealing Cutie Mark was straight up Starlight’s old playbook,” Twilight growled with a glare, “But even she wasn’t this crazy for power, and this is a new level of low, even for you. Especially for taken Misty’s,

“And not to mention controlling dragons, that’s cruel,” Sunny added angerly.

“And given that you have two of my fellow Dragons under your mind control, you're just making yourself an enemy of the dragons too." Spike said with a growl and a puff a smoke came out of his snout.

“Oh, I was expecting that, but I’m still flattered that you think of me that way,” Opaline said with a teasing smirk, which they scowled.

“Last chance, Opaline!” Sunset roared in anger, “Give up and give us back those Cutie Marks and free those dragons!” She ordered.

“Or we do this the hard way!” Discord exclaimed as he cracked his knuckles with a challenging look.

Opaline just gave them an amusing laugh, “How about the hard way?” She suggested as she tapped her hoof as the two controlled dragons came next to her, “Unless you give me your magic and Cutie Marks, I would go easy on you,” She suggested with a smirk.

The four heroes just kept glaring at her, “You really think we let you win that easily?” Twilight questioned with a glare, “I think you forgotten who we are,” She said as they all flew up.

“We’re the Guardians of Harmony! And we’ll face you to the very end!” Spike declared as they glared at Opaline.

“So how about we settle this once and for all!” Sunset declared as she lit up her horn, as did Sunny as Spike and Discord took ready stances.

Opaline was surprised by this before she gave an exciting smile as she lit up her horn, “This is going to be fun!” She said as she laughed, “Hah!” She called out as she blasted her horn at them.

“Aah!” Sunny quickly use her magic to create a shield around them, but was slightly pushed back a bit.

The two controlled dragons then flew towards them, but Discord and Spike charged at them as they than started clashing each other, either breathing fire or chaotic blocks in the air while driving them away from the three Alicorns.

The three Alicorns then started fighting as Sunny and Sunset flew around while dodging Opaline’s blasts as Sunny kept using her shield while Sunset retalliated with her magic rays, but Opaline blocked them as well as Sunny and Sunset flew a distance from Opaline.

“Oh, please. You two still think you can defeat me even with some help? Hah!” Opaline questioned with a smirk as she fired a beam at them, but Sunny quickly blocked it with her shield, “Even when I have all the cutie mark magic?” She asked again as she fired another beam at them, which Sunny blocked before Sunset kicked Opaline to the face as they flew away, “You know, for Alicorns, you two really aren't very clever!” She mocked, rubbing her cheeks while still giving a smirk as she blasted at them again, which Sunny blocked.

“All we know is that we have to try!” Sunny yelled as she and Sunset flew around Opaline.

“If it’s impossible or not, we never give up! We never stop trying!” Sunset yelled as she blasted Opaline back as the Fire Alicorn blocked as she was pushed back a bit.

“You may be able to take ou rcutie marks, Opaline.” Sunny started before Opaline fired again as she strained while putting magic to her shield before Sunset manged to fire back as the two Alicorns faced her in exaushting, “But you can never take what makes us... us!” She called out in determined.

“And you might think you win in the short run, Opaline, but NOT in the LONG run!” Sunset yelled out, “You're just giving the ponies of this era a mutual enemy, which unifies them like never before. Which doesn’t go great for your rule!" She added seriously.

And no matter what you do, even after you ruined my legacy the first time, the magic of friendship still lives on! Even though harsh or forgotten times!” Twilight yelled next. “And I don’t think you will destroy it the second time!

“Is that right?” Opaline questioned with a smirk as Sunny and Sunset charged at her with a yell, but Opaline moved aside and gave a surrpise attack to the two Alicorns, which tied their hooves together, “Watch me!” She said as she gave an evil laugh and lit up her horn.

“No!” Both Sunny and Sunset exclaimed as they turned and saw their Cutie Marks extracted from them.


At the Crystla Brighthouse, the Crystals shook greatly as the rainbow faded and the crystals were separated as they fell to the floor.


Back at Opaline’s Castle, Sunny was falling before Sunset caught her as she flew back down gently to the ground as Sunny’s Alicorn magic faded as Opaline gave an evil smirk at the defeated ponies as Sunset glared at them.

Twilight then began to flicker in her necklace, which got Sunset’s attention, “S-Sunset! S-S-Sunny… The magic…. Gone…. The crystals…” She stammered as she faded out.

“No! Twilight!” Sunset cried out as she tap on the necklace, which nothing happens as she glared at Opaline, who is giving them an evil crackle.


The rest of the Mane 6 at their respective locations cried out in panic at seeing their friends defeat and indanger from Opaline as the Ponies cried out in panic at seeing them defeated after having their Cutie Marks taken and seeing Twilight disappeared, while the ponies are shock to see the Anicent former Princess of Equestria and the Princess of Friendship, they were now crying out in panic after see what they saw.


“That’s one Guardian of Harmony down! Now it’s your turn!” Opaline declared as she lit up her horn, but then a fireball came at her, which startled her as she quickly shield herself, “What?!” She questioned.

Just then, Spike and Discord flew in with fierce expressions, “You’re not taking the life of another pony again!” Spike yelled, feeling really enraged that Twilight is gone.

“How’d you two defeat my dragons!?” Opaline questioned.

“You’re ‘bodyguards’ aren’t much for combat that much,” Discord commented while gesturing to the two unconscious dragons while being frozen solid, “They’ll be out for a while, but gives us enough time to stop you!”

“And you will pay for what you did!” Spike yelled, “For what happened so many moons ago, and what happened recently! Twilight stopped you before, and we can do the same!” He huffed as the two ancient equestrian creatures circled Opaline.

Opaline just gave a scoff, “And what could two old timing creatures of the Guardians of Harmony could do with a powerful Fire Alicorn like me when I whole all the magic!” She questioned as she lit up her horn.

“It’s not the power that makes a pony or a creature, it’s the creature that makes the power!” Discord pointed out as he snapped his fingers to bring out a shield and a sword with a helmet on his head.

“Oh, I beg the differ!” Opaline retorted before giving a smirk, “The remaining members of the Guardians of Harmony ends here! Oh, how I waited for this day,” She said with an amusing smirk.

“We’ve been waiting too,” Spike said with a glare as Discord nodded in agreement, “And I’m not a cowardly dragon anymore!” He roared as he and Discord charged at Opaline as the two creatures fought the Fire Alicorn.

Opaline was caught off guard by the double attack as she quickly dodged as Discord quickly snap his fingers to make Opaline’s beams vanish as best he could as Spike fired a fireball at her, which she quickly blocked as the dragon pounced on Opaline, dragging around like a rag doll as the Fire Alicorn gave a yelp as she was tossed to the air before regaining her balance.

Opaline stopped as she gave a glare at the two, “You two will pay for that!” She growled as she lit up her horn.

“Put it on our tab,” Spike mocked with a smirk as Discord chuckled.

“Hahah, oh joy! That never gets old,” Discord commented as he wipe his tears off his eyes as Opaline roared in range and charged at the two creatures, who charged back as they continued their showdown.


At Zephyr Heights, the ponies watched the vidoes, looking in awed at seeing Spike and Discord fighting Opaline, but they are still worried that they might lose and Opaline will destroy them.

Pipp gave worried tears at seeing Sunny and Susnet defeated and worried that Discord and Spike might lose before she look at the Together Tree before giving a determined look, as did Misty and Zipp.

“Come on, ponies! No matter how dark or scary things get, we can't ever give up hope!” Pipp declared with tears in her eyes as the ponies looked at her as Zipp and Misty stood beside her as the two nodded at each other with determined smiles.

“Sunset is right.” Misty spoke next determinedly. “We can't give up. When there's life, there's still hope.”

“And we ALL have a mutual enemy AND we also have friends in danger.” Zipp continued with a determined smile, “We have to all do this together."

The three ponies than turned to the Forever Tree, “For Sunny, Sunset, Discord, Twilight, and Spike!” Pipp decalred as she started singing.

(Magic in Us Song)
(All)
We just need a little hope
We just need a little unity

Pipp started as she and Zipp spread their wings and some magic came flying out as Misty’s horn glowed as it flew to the Together Tree, which light it up and turned it back to normal color.


We just need to find the ma-agic
That's inside of everybody

In Bridlewood, Izzy, Alphabittle and the other ponies there are putting their magic into their Together Tree as it lit up.


Sometimes it feels a little hopeless
But things aren't always what they seem

In Maretime Bay, Hitch, the Pippsqueaks, Posey, and the other ponies are pouring their magic into their Together Tree as it light up as.


In Opaline’s Castle, she managed to blast Discord and Spike back as the two stood in front of Sunny and Sunset as they glared at her as Opaline gave sinster smile as she lit up her horn, was about to fire at them, but then they saw Opaline’s Together Tree stem glowing into rainbow color.

Opaline notice this as well, “Wait a second. What is this?” She questioned as she turned as the five saw the rainbow color on the Together Tree stem as they are glwoing and sparkling up as Spike, Discord, Sunny and Sunset watched on with smile.

Just than,some of the magic flew into the neckalce as Twilight appeared, which they noticed, “Twilight!” They cried out in joy before Sunset spoke.

“Twilight, is this…?” Spike tried to asked with a smile, wanting to know he’s isn’t dreaming and felt a familiar feeling from the magic around them.

That is our friends and the magic of friendship helping us light our darkest hour,” Twilight said with a nod and a warm smile, knowing what is happening.

Sunset then gave a smirk as she turned to Opaline, “As I said before, Opaline. You just unified these ponies like never before. And that kind of unity super-charges the Unity Crystals enough to restore their magic." She said, having a feeling what is happening as the other four heroes gave Opaline knowing smirks.

(All)
Can you feel it? The energy?

When Opaline’s not looking, some roots came up behind her as they quickly grabbed Opaline when she turned and saw them, “No!” She cried out as she tried to break free, but then one of the roots went up to her flank and magically removed her Cutie Mark, “NO! My My mark! My power!” She called out as her magic disappeared as she reach out for her Cutie Mark as it disappeared from a tree entrance.

“Say goodbye to all that power, Opaline!” Discord yelled with a victorious smirk.

“Because you’re not getting it back!” Spike called next with a wide smile.

“You’re rein of error ends here! Even when our friends are not here, they’re always with us, and even if you take our Cutie Marks, we’ll always be who we are!” Sunset added. “The Together Trees are what’s brings us together, we protect them and they protect us, for the likes of you!”

Magic takes many form, with our without Cutie Marks, or any other artifacts. It never goes away, it’s who we are!” Twilight declared as they all looked at Opaline with victory expressions.

“I am the Fire Alicorn!” Opaline yelled in rage as she tried to break free, but than the Mane 7’s Cutie Marks flew out of her necklace as they lew away, which shocked Opaline greatly, “Ah, you ponies or creatures and your disgusting friendship magic!” She called out.

The Cutie Marks flew away as Sunny’s and Sunset’s flew to their respective owners and returned to where they belong as they felt their magic returning and Sunny’s Alicorn form appeared again, which they are as Sunny gave a wide smile with her eyes sparkling in joy..

“Now that’s more like it,” Sunset said with a smile as she lit up her own, feeling her magic is back.

Opaline than screamed as she was being dragged away by the roots as she was about to enter the tree stem but the grabbed the side as she glared at the heroes, “This... isn't... over!” She called ragefully before the roots quickly tied Opaline up and got her deeper into the tree as the heroes watched as she was out of sight.

Just than, the Cutie Marks that Opaline have stolen were release from their leaves and flew out.


(All)
Don't look now, things are getting better
So hold my hoof 'cause we're glowin' together
We got the strength to take on whatever

All around Equestria, each of the Together Trees then released the Cutie Marks as they flew back to their respective owners as the ponies smiled in joy at their return of their Cutie Marks.

'Cause we've got the magic
We've got the magic in us!

Each of the rest of the Mane 7’s Cutie Marks then flew back to their owners as the ponies smiled in joy at their Cutie Marks and that their friends are saved and that Opaline was defeated.


With Sunny, Sunset, Spike and Discord, they looked at the Brighthouse as they saw the rainbow flickering but alive as they smiled in joy, feeling happy that they saved Equestria and defeated Opaline as they flew to the Brighthouse, leaving a trail of rainbow behind as Equestria is finally saved.


And then suddenly, Sunset’s eyes were white as she was brought back into reality as she panted as Discord let go of her head from his claw.

“So, what did you see?” Discord asked in curious.

“I saw what I think might happen in the near future,” Sunset said while panting a bit.

“Sunset, even when you asked me to help you see what might happen, you might not know if you could prevent it or not. The vision I gave you was not accurate, though I can’t promise if this might help since I can’t see into the future,” Discord said, since Sunset asked him to help her see something that might give them an edge against Opaline, but since Discord can’t see into the future, he gave her what might happen through thinking it.

“Well, I don’t know it might make things better, but knowing that there’s always a way to beat a bad guy,” Sunset said before turning to Discord, “You are one example after all,” She said with a smirk.

Discord gave a small laugh fro that, “That is true,” He said before giving a concern look, “Though, not sure if that might help you or the others,”

“Well, I could at least try, for my friends, for my family, form Equestria,” Sunset said with a determined look before looking out the window, “I just hope that might not happen even if we find a way to stop her,”

“I hope so too, Sunset. I hope so too,” Discord said in agreement as the two looked out the window and take a view of Equestria, knowing that Opaline might be planning to strike soon.

End of Chapter 67.

PreviousChapters Next