• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,524 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,524

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 69: Equestria's Got Talent

Chapter 69: Equestria’s Got Talent

In the Crystal Brighthouse, the Mane 7 and some other ponies with stage material are prepping up for something.

“Patch of eyeshadow for you…” Pipp spoke first as she put some eyeshadow on a stallion while giving a nervous expression, “A little bit of blusher for you…” She said as she puffed on Rufus’ face, “And a mascara for you. Ha!” She cheered as she gave McSnipsalot mascara on his eyelashes before the crab frowned from that as he knocked the brush out of Pipp’s hoof, “Ah!” She gave a startled yelp.

Across the room, Hitch and Sparky are doing a little dancing practice, “Step, heel, heel, step, shuffle bump! Jazz hooves!” Hitch said with a smile as he danced around and twirled before he made a jazz sign with his hooves.

Sparky tried to follow, but he lost his balance and rolled across the floor as he hit a hat pole as it fell on Hitch as he yelped.

Misty then poked her head out of the door, “Ten minutes till show time!” She called with a smile and wink before she exited, but then she poked her head out again, “9 minutes and 58 seconds till show time!” She said.

“Misty, you don’t have to keep saying the countdown every 2 seconds,” Sunset said in amusement as she and Sunny were wearing a couple of dresses, “Just let us know when we’re close to show time,” She said.

“Oh, right.” Misty said while giving a sheepish smile, “Sorry,” She apologized.

Sunset gave a small laugh, “It’s okay. Just roll with it,” She said as Sunny then grabbed McSnips and tapped him with a spoon as their friends and the other ponies turned to her and Sunset.

But then McSnips tried to snap his claws at Sunny, “Ah!” Sunny yelped as she dropped McSnips before she turned to her friends with an exciting smile, “Okay! Is everypony ready for the Winter Wonder Show!?” She asked excitedly with sparkles in her eyes.

The other ponies circled around them with smiles. “We sure, Sunny. We have been preparing hard for a while,” Sunset said with a smile.

“We sure have!” Sunny excitedly called, “You ponies were the best of all the auditions we saw! And we saw... a lot.” She said before giving a cringe expression at the other auditions they had before.


Flashback.

Queen Haven looked at Cloudpuff with a smile and sparkles in her eyes, “My little Cloudpuff!” She sang as she gave Cloudpuff a treat, who barked as he accepted and flew up, “My darling little Cloudpuff!” She sang again with a dance as Cloudpuff flew around and he and Haven touched cheeks.

Cloudpuff gave a fart, which made Queen Haven flinch from that as Misty, Sunny, and Sunset gave awkward expressions from that. “Next,” Sunset said weirdly.


The next audition is an Earth Pony mare with a magician costume, “Presenting the magic of kindness!” The Magician mare said as she brought out a bunnisus from her magic hat.

The bunnisus looked at the carrot the mare was offering her as he frowned and bit on her hoof while eating the carrot as the mare gasped as she shook her hoof to get him off, “No! No! Ahhhh!” She screamed as she walked backward but fell from the stage as Sunny, Sunset, and Misty gave nervous looks from that.

“Ooh, that’s gonna leave a mark,” Sunset said with a cringe.


The next audition is Rufus playing a flute on a stool, but he was playing off-key as Misty covered her ears, Sunset cringed the sound while Sunny gave a nervous smile.

“Uh, Rufus, I think you off-key there,” Sunset said while cringing a bit

Rufus then stopped playing the flute, “Right. Sorry. Hang on, let me start again.” He said with a smile, “A-five, six, seven, eight!” He chanted while moving on the stool, but then it broke, “Huh?” He said in surprise as Sunny groaned from this.

“Uh, good try at least,” Sunset said uncertainly.


And the next audition is Dahlia, who is holding a seed, “From a seed! The watering! And then... bloom!” She exclaimed as she put the seed in a pot, watered it, and used her Earth Pony magic to make the flower grow, she smiled but then the ground started shaking, “Huh? “ She asked before giant bean stock sprouted, causing Dahlia to scream while Misty, Sunset, and Sunny looked on in shock.

“Okay, that was unexpected,” Sunset muttered in shock as she flew up to get Dahlia down.


And the last audition is Rocky, who is twirling a wand around in impressive feats, “Hah!” He said with a proud smile before he stopped twirling as the wand fell from his hoof.

Misty, Sunny, and Sunset looked at each other with small smiles from that. “Well, it was impressive, but maybe work on your catching, Rocky,” Sunset said to him.

“Yeah, gonna have to work on that,” Rocky said in agreement.

End of Flashback.


After the flashback, Sunny gave a nervous smile at her friends, “Now, I don't want to worry you, but…” She started as they all looked at her in wonder as Sunny then spoke really fast, “There's a critic in the crowd, so this needs to be the greatest show of all time, okay?! Good luck!” She quickly said as they all went eyes wide.

“A critic?!” Hitch asked in shock as everypony then started running and screaming in panic that there was a critic in the crowd while Sparky stood in the middle as he laughed, finding it fun while Sunset turned to Sunny with a brow.

“You could’ve been more gentle with the news, Sunny?” Sunset asked in a bored tone.

“I panic! I don’t know how to explain it to the others!” Sunny said in defense, “Besides, we only have a few minutes before the show starts!”

“I get that, but maybe focus on finding the right words before breaking it to the others, will ya?” Sunset asked with a sigh.

Sunny gave a sheepish smile while rubbing her head, “I’ll try,” She said.


A little bit later, on the stage at the front of the Brighthouse, Sunny, and Sunset looked through the stage and saw the crowd of ponies in front of them while an earth gray pony stallion with a notebook was watching with a brow as Posey and another pony mare stat between him while having popcorn.

Posey turned to the stallion as she gave him a fierce glare, which made the stallion flinch and sweat in fear as he looked away nervously with a nervous gulp.

“That must be our main critic there,” Sunset whispered to her, “And looks like he’ll take notes of the show,” She added.

“Right. So let’s make sure this turns out great. You go make sure the others are ready, I got the rest,” Sunny said as Sunset nodded and walked off to the others as she turned to Hitch and Sparky. “Okay. These critic ponies are famously hard to please.” She said while Hitch looked conflicted, “So your dance needs to be complex but easy to follow. Smart but still a little silly.” She kept going as she paced back and forth between Hitch.

“Uhhh…” Hitch said uncertainly, not getting what Sunny was saying.

“And it never hurts to do a pie in the face. Got it?” Sunny asked Hitch after finishing her rambling.

“Give it up for the titans of tap dance – Hitch and Sparky!” Misty announced from the stage as the two Earth Ponies heard her.

Sunny turned to her coltfriend, “That's you!” She quickly said as she gave a quick kiss to Hitch on the lips. “Just remember what I told you!”

Hitch gave a slight blush from Sunny’s kiss, “Uhhh, okay?” He said uncertainly, not sure if he got what Sunny was saying.

“Go, go, go!” Sunny quickly said as she quickly pushed Sparky and Hitch onto the stage.

Hitch and Sparky then got a light shining above them as they waved to the crowd as the music started playing and Hitch and Sparky started dancing together while the crowd watched. Sunny and Sunset watched from behind the stage while Sunny looked at the critic pony, who was still giving a dull look as Sunny got nervous and turned to Hitch as she waved her hoof at him.

Hitch got the message as he then started dancing tap dancing faster, which surprised Sparky before Hitch grabbed him and tossed him up before catching him as Hitch gave a nervous look while the crowd kept watching.

“Looks like we need a little something to get them cheering,” Sunset said as Sunny quickly nodded and took out a pie, “Uh, what’s with the…” She tried to say.

“I’m sorry, Hitch,” Sunny whispered as she threw a pie at Hitch, which hit him to the face, which Sunset was surprised that the crowd then started cheering while the critic pony still gave a dull look.

Sunset and Sunny then got in front of the stage, “And there you have it for the first part of the show, folks!” Sunset spoke first.

“Give it up for Hitch and Sparky!” Sunny spoke next as the curtain fell and she gave a nervous chuckle as the critic pony kept giving a dull look while Sunset gave Sunny a concerned look, “Well if you enjoyed that…” She started.

Then there was silence as the critic sounds could be heard while the critic pony snored a bit before he suddenly woke up before Sunset spoke, “...then, boy, are you going to enjoy the rest of the show!” She finished before turning to Sunny with a forced smile, “Because we have tons more to show you all!” She said before turning to Sunny, “Right, Sunny?” She asked with gritted teeth.

“Uh, we sure do!” Sunny answered with a nervous chuckle, “I think…” She muttered.

And then Pipp appeared on stage as she began to sing with her microphone and her wings spread.

(A Little Bit of You Song)
(Pipp)
I remember when I was little
Every year on Winter Wishday
The sights, the sounds, the foolin' around
With friends and family

On the stage, Zipp is dressed in what looks like a Santa pony costume as she is up a homemade chimney with a sack, places a present down, and does a little dance. Sunny and Sunset turned to the critic pony, who was feeling like he was falling asleep as Sunset shook his head while Sunny panicked as she brought out a bouncy ball and gestured it to Zipp, getting the point as Zipp gave a dreadful look while Sunset facehoof herself.

Yeah, every moment spent together
Was filled with Winter Wish glee

A short bit later, Zipp was on the bouncy ball with an embarrassing smile as she bounced around, “Okay. Whoa!” She said as she tried to get some balance before she got up high and gave a yell as she crashed into the presents on another chimney as the critic pony wrote something down on his note.

And twinklin', singin', dancin', laughter-filled
Winter Wishday memories
Yeah, these precious moments
Will make my Winter Wish come true (make it come true)

It was Izzy’s turn as she did some crafts and cut some papers as Izzy cheered and made snowflakes, “Yeah!” She cheered as the ponies watched while the critic pony still gave a dull look.

Sunny got nervous again as Sunset got more concerned as Sunny came in with a small smile and gave Izzy a large sparkly cloth as Izzy looked surprised as she gave a nervous chuckle as she place it down on the table, but the coner of it flew up as Izzy tried to keep it down. Rufus stood on the side as he got bored and leaned on a fan, but he accidentally turned it on as it blew Izzy around with the cloth, which blew her away as the critic pony shook his head and wrote down on his notepad while Sunny got more nervous while Sunset rolled her eyes from this, seeing that this is getting to Sunny too much because of the critic.


I'm countin' down the days
'Til I get to make some memories with you

Pipp then kept singing while Hitch, Sparky, and Zipp were beside her while in candy cane costumes as they danced around as the crowds started cheering while the critic pony yawned, which made Sunny more panic as she brought out two glitter cannons, which Sunset got nervous.

“Sunny! What are you doing!?” Sunset whispered when she saw this.

“Trying to get the critic to impress!” Sunny whispered back nervously asHitch and Zipp saw this and they looked nervously.

“Sunny! Will you just stop and…” Sunset tried to reason but then Sunny brought out the button for the cannons.

(Pipp, Zipp, and Hitch)
'Cause the only thing that's missin'
Is a little bit of you-ooh-ooh-ooh

Sunny pressed the button as the glitter cannons burst up some glitter, and the others smiled as they sang, but then Hitch, Sparky, and Zipp saw that the background was falling on them, which made them nervous as they screamed and ran out of the way while Pipp kept singing to notice before she turned and saw the back of the stage falling over her as she screamed.

After the bust was clear, Pipp made a hole through the background while Sunny and Sunset looked in shock at this as the critic pony crumbled up a piece of paper and tossed it into a pile in front of him while the crowd gave nervous looks.

Pipp was about to cry before Sunny and Sunset umped in with nervous looks as Sunny laughed “Okay! That's an intermission, folks!” She quickly said before she sighed.

“We’ll be back after a short break and a few fix-ups!” Sunset finished as she and Sunny closed the curtains as Pipp walked off back to the Brighthouse as Sunset turned to Sunny, “Sunny! What is wrong with you?!” She questioned.

“What?! I’m just trying to get the critic to like the show!” Sunny reasoned.

“But you are putting in the last-minute scenes that aren’t even in the scripts!” Sunset pointed out, “I mean seriously, throwing a pie in Hitch’s face and Zipp with a bouncy ball? That wasn’t in the play!” She stated.

“It was the best I could do for making it more entertaining,” Sunny said in guilt, “I just wanted to make the play great and the critic to at least like it. We put so much work into it,” She said.

Sunset sighed as she breathed and spoke, “Sunny, I get you to want to make the play the best, but you can’t just make everypony do what you need them to do at the last minute. You’re making things harder for them than you are for yourself,” She said softly.

“What do you mean?” Sunny asked in confusion.

“Look at Pipp, Sunny,” Sunset said while pointing to Pipp, who is slowly walking back to the Brighthouse with a sad and down-crested expression, “She’s sad that her singing got ruined because you made the background fell on her when you blew up those glitter cannons, which was not part of the play,” She stated.

“B-But, I never meant to…” Sunny tried to say but couldn’t find the words.

“I get that, but it ruined her moment, and you know how much she loves singing,” Sunset said to her as she looked down in sadness, “And making the others do extra things for the play, that’s not playing an act, that’s entertainment comedy, which is not the true purpose for this play,” She said as she place a hoof to Sunny’s back, “And Sunny, you maybe nervous, but you’re pressuring the others so much int this extra things in the play, it’s crushing their spirits. You need to stop and realize how they’re feeling instead of looking at the flaws of this play. We’re trying to show ponies, not trying to impress one person,” She said.

Sunny gave it a thought before she gave a sad look as she closed her eyes, “You’re right, Sunset. I’ve been so caught up on wanting to make this play perfect for the critic to approve of, that I’ve been pushing my friends too much even to realize how they’re feeling,” She said in guilt. “I shouldn’t have put so much pressure on them or made them do those ridiculous things. We worked so hard for the play I shouldn’t try and change it,” She said solemnly.

Sunset gave Sunny a soft smile, “Hey. You were under pressure, Sunny. I understand that, but you must remember that not everything can turn out okay. Even if we make the smallest mistakes and this play doesn’t have the best reviews, at least we have fun while doing it,” She assured her as Sunny looked at her, “You have to remember that we must be ourselves and do the best we can instead of being things we are not or plan on every second. The important thing is, at least we try our best,” She said to her.

Sunny looked at Sunset for a moment before she gave a small smile as she sighed, “You’re right, Sunset. I guess I was caught up running the play, I guess I have forgotten the important thing about it, having fun while trying,” She said as Sunset nodded with a smile, “You are a good wise pony with words,” She complimented.

Sunset smirked, “I try. But, maybe you should say that to the others,” She said while gesturing to the Brighthouse, “Something tells me that they need their spirits up for this,” She stated.

“Yeah, you’re right. I need to fix this, let’s go,” Sunny said in agreement as the two ponies walked up to the Brighthouse.


At the Brighthouse, the ponies and the rest of the Mane 7 are all feeling down at the screw-ups at the play while Sunny and Sunset enter the Brighthouse as they look at their friends as they turn to Pipp, who is being tended to by Misty as the pegasus whimpered.

Pipp then saw Sunset and Sunny as she walked up to them, “Sorry, Sunny and Sunset. We royally messed that up.” She said to them.

“I think our nerves got the best of us.” Hitch said sadly as he and Sparky looked down in sadness.

Just then, they heard Izzy screaming as they turned to the door and saw her flying by as they all ducked and watched her fly before Izzy crashed, which caused them to cringe from the fall as Misty tore through the fabric.

“Yeah.” Izzy said with a smile as she gave a thoughtful look, “Think we all just got a little carried away. Hah!” She said cheerfully with a laugh.

Sunny and Sunset looked at each other as Sunset then gestured her to speak to them as Sunny nodded in understanding as she spoke, “No, ponies. I'm the one who got carried away. I put way too much pressure on you all. Sunset told me that I’ve been so caught up in trying to make the play right, I never considered on how you all would feel of the quick changes,” She said to them in regret as they all looked at her as Izzy walked up to her wih an assuring smile with sparkles in her eyes.

“I talked her out of it after seeing her breakdowns when she tried to get the critic to like the play, but it doesn’t matter how much pressure we put into the play, what matters is having fun and doing the best we can,” Sunset said to them with a small smile.

“And she told me that no matter what happens, at least we manage to make the play a great one to remember, no matter what others think,” Sunny finished, which made her friends smile warmly at them, “Come on, everypony. We've got a show to finish!” She declared with a determined smile.

“And this time, we’re gonna do !” Sunset finished with the same expression as the other ponies who shared their determinations.


A little bit later after fixing up the stage, Hitch and Sparky are dancing on the stage again in their candy cane costumes.

(A Little Bit of You Song continues)
(Hitch)
I'm countin' down the days
'Til I get to make some memories with you

Hitch sang as he grabbed Sparky, who tossed him into the air as the baby dragon released his dragonfire in a circled formation.

[All]
The only thing that's missin'
Is a little bit of you-ooh-ooh-ooh
So I am gonna keep on wishin'
For a little bit of you-ooh-ooh-ooh

Zipp then flew in through some decoration obstacles as she did some tricks before she landed on the chimney, then went down to the bouncy ball and started juggling some presents as her Cutie Mark started glowing and the crowd cheered as the critic pony’s expression wasn’t changed as Zipp tossed the presents in the air as Izzy came flying by with the fabric with stars in it.

And if we can't be together
You know I'm sendin' love to you-ooh-ooh-ooh

Izzy glided over the crowd as she sprinkled some glitter over them as Pipp popped with her microphone as she sang with sparkles appearing behind her as Hitch appeared in front of her and tossed some heart shape cut-outs in the air as the pony contentions, the magician mare, Dahlia, Rocky, and Queen Haven, came into the stage.

'Cause the only thing that's missin'
Is a little bit of you-ooh-ooh-ooh

Izzy landed on the ground as Sparky came spinning towards her as Hitch came next as Rocky skated around as the magician mare then used her earth pony magic into the wan while Dahlia held the hat as a giant flower burst as Pipp appeared in it as she kept singing.

Then she gestured to her left as Sunny summoned her Alicorn form as she and Sunset flew in the air as they sang as well.

You-ooh-ooh-ooh, ah-ah-ah
You-ooh-ooh-ooh, a little bit

The crowd started cheering as Sunny and Sunset landed beside their friends as they sang together while the two glitter cannons went off as the lights were flashing.

You-ooh-ooh-ooh, ah-ah
You-ooh-ooh-ooh, a little bit

The ponies are still cheering as the critic pony face looked awed at them before he gave a smile with sparkles in his eyes, finding it beautiful.


A little bit later, the Mane 7 and the other ponies all regroup at the Brighthouse while chatting about their success in the play as they all turn to the critic pony that just came in, “That was…” He started while Sunny, Sunset, and the others all looked at him nervously, “...superb!” He finished with a smile and sparkles in his eyes.

The Mane 7 and the other ponies all started cheering from that, “Now that’s what I call success,” Sunset commented with a smile.

Sunny then came up to the critic pony, “I'm so glad you liked it!” She said to him before she gives a gasp and gave sparkly eyes and a smile, “Does that mean you'll give us a good review?” She asked excitedly.

“Review?” The critic pony asked in confusion before he realizes what she meant, “Oh, I'm not a critic.” He revealed, which surprised the others.

“Wait? You’re not?” Sunset asked as the stallion nodded his head in confirmation, “Then what were you writing during the show?” She questioned with a brow.

“Oh, I wasn’t writing,” The stallion said as he brought out his notebook, “I just like to doodle during shows.” He explained while showing a drawing.

“Huh?” Sunny asked in surprise while Sunset looked in confusion, “Wait, how come you didn’t tell, Sunset?” She asked.

“Hey, don’t look at me. He looked like a critic with his expression and notebook.” Sunset quickly said with her hooves raised before she turned to the stallion, “No offense.”

“None taken,” The stallion said in understanding, “I get that a lot from some ponies,” He added.

Sunset then had a thought, “Wait, if you weren’t the critic, then who was it?” She asked as they all looked at each other in confusion.

I'm the critic!” Windy’s voice spoke as they all turned to the entrance and saw her, while Windy was for some reason she’s wearing a chair costume.

The Mane 7 all gasped in surprise by that, “Windy!? You’re the critic!?” Sunny asked in surprise.

“Never mind that! What are you wearing?” Sunset asked next, wondering why Windy was wearing a chair costume.

Windy then came up to Sunny, Sunset, and the Stallion, “Well, you probably didn't notice me thanks to my incredible disguise as a theater chair!” She said as she remembered that she was next to Posey while in her theater chair disguise while watching the show while eating some popcorn from Posey’s popcorn tub.

“Um, okay,” Sunset said with a nod and a brow, “One question, why?” She asked dully.

“So that I would watch the show without other ponies noticing so that I can see how it turns out and give my reviews, sillies!” Windy explained with a smile.

Sunset and Sunny looked at each with other amusing smiles as Sunny spoke up, “So, uh, what did you think of the show?” Sunny said awkwardly.

“Yeah, Windy. How’d you like the whole show that you certainly watched?” Sunset asked next.

“Oh, fantastic! Magnificent!” Windy said as she wrapped her chair arm around Sunny and Sunset with a smile as the two Alicorns smiled in return, “Five stars!” She added.

“Phew!” The rest of the Mane 7 sighed in relief that Windy thought their show was amazing.

Windy gave a small laugh, “Now I'm gonna need some serious magic to get me out of this costume!” She said while gesturing to her chair costume as she gave giggles and the others looked at Windy in amusement since Windy is something full of surprises and amusing things.

End of Chapter 69.

PreviousChapters Next