• Published 24th Dec 2011
  • 1,225 Views, 10 Comments

Dark Genie - jdb1984



A powerful stallion says he can grant wishes for Ponyville. But is he what he seems?

  • ...
2
 10
 1,225

Chapter 3

As Dark Genie smiled at Rainbow Dash’s words, the other five exchanged glances of surprise mixed with worry. Would the most loyal member of their group really betray them? That changed when Rainbow Dash matched Dark Genie with a smile of her own.

“That is, I’ll give you the box after we get our elements,” she continued, pulling out the Element of Loyalty and putting it on. “Everyone, catch.”

With a healthy toss, four necklaces and one tiara flew towards her friends. The elements seemed to move on their own once they got close to their bearers, each one finding the correct neck or head. After tossing the box towards Dark Genie, who knocked it away with his horn, she joined the rest if the group. Fluttershy had a bit of trouble trying to move with the lead weights her hooves have become, but was able to get into place.

“Okay, girls, let’s do this,” Twilight Sparkle told them.

As they each powered up their respective element, Dark Genie powered up a spell of his own. Twilight watched as he fed more power into it. As she figured out the destructive power of what he was doing, she knew that they had to change tactics.

“EVERYONE, SCATTER!” she yelled, as they all went in a different direction.

Fluttershy tripped over her own lead hooves. Applejack saw her trip and ran back to pull her out of the way. And just in time, as Dark Genie fired his spell, leaving a good size crater where the 6 ponies were standing moments before.

---

“I’m bored,” Spike said to himself, as he sat alone in the basement, tossing loose rocks in front of him.

After he slipped through the bars and got the keys to help the others escape, Twilight told him to send Princess Celestia a letter to get the Elements of Harmony, and then stay in the basement until somepony came down to get him. It seemed to be the safest place for him to wait at the time, but also the most boring. He looked around at the empty cells around him, which seemed to make it even more boring. There was nopony to talk to, nopony he could help…

“EVERYONE, SCATTER!” he heard Twilight yell from the floor above.

Spike whirled around to look at the open doorway at the top of the stairs. He saw Rarity run past the doorway, jumping to barely avoid a dark energy blast thrown in her direction. Spike’s anger bristled when he saw his darling Rarity being threatened by anything, but with it came a new feeling. Courage.

Hang on, Rarity. I’m coming to help.

---

“We all need ah distraction. We can’t right power up the elements while dodging his attacks.” Applejack mentioned, ducking to avoid a blast that went in her direction

Rainbow Dash looked around for a method, when she saw Spike coming up the stairs, looking determined. Suddenly, as if a light bulb had turned on in her head, an idea came to her.

“Hey, Spike! I think I saw some turquoise gems in a room over there,” she called out, pointing towards the other room.

“Turquoise?” Spike answered, his mouth watering.

Forgetting why he came upstairs, his mind now on the gems he was interested in munching, he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him towards the room. Dark Genie saw him, and broke off his attack on the others to teleport himself to stand between Spike and the doorway, pointing his horn at the young dragon. Spike’s bravado seemed to fade, as the dark stallion’s stare was enough to get him frightened.

“Rainbow Dash…” Twilight started.

Rainbow Dash cut her off to tell her, “You have your distraction. Yell at me later.”

Twilight sighed and shook her head, but didn’t press the issue.

“Everyone, form up,” she told the others again.

They all got into position, and started powering up their elements. Dark Genie had Spike cornered, his sharp black horn getting dangerously close to Spike’s body, as they started to activate.

Honesty

Loyalty

Kindness

Generosity

Laughter

And the spark of Friendship bringing them all together.

Their power engulfed the six ponies in a glowing ball of light, as Twilight opened her eyes to reveal they have gone completely white. The glow caught Dark Genie’s attention, and he turned to see what they were doing.

Too late.

From the six ponies, a rainbow shot up into the air and arched down towards Dark Genie. He watched in horror, as he saw the rainbow come right at him, striking him square in the back, engulfing him in the rainbow of colors.

“No…NOOOOOOOoooo…” was all that they heard from him, before there was a bright flash, and Dark Genie was now nowhere to be seen.

“Wut happened to the varmit?” Applejack asked.

“I’m not su…Oh, no you don’t, Spike!” Twilight said, breaking off her answer as she saw Spike going for the doorway, and teleported Spike back to her side. “If there are any gems in there, they’re not yours to take.”

“But Twili…” Spike started.

“No buts, they aren’t yours,” she scolded.

As Rainbow Dash watched the whole exchange, she felt her entire body tingle, as her Wonderbolt costume started to fade. As it faded, the weights that Fluttershy hooves were changed into were also going back to normal, as the spells wore off.

“I guess that’s it for my short time with the Wonderbolts,” Rainbow dash mentioned, with a touch of sorrow.

“Rainbow Dash, I’m sorry if we got in the way of you being able to be…” Fluttershy started.

“Fluttershy, I’m going to have none of that. You have nothing to be sorry for. Sure, it would be great if I could get a permanent spot with them. But you, and everypony standing here, you’re more important to me than any achievement and award I could get. And I know you’ll still be with me, no matter what happens in my life,” she answered.

---
Dear Princess Celestia,

While there’s nothing wrong with having goals, and finding different ways to get to those goals, no method should force you to give up your friends. Even if you do reach your goals, things will be empty without friends to be with you. And if you aren’t able to reach them that time, friends are always there to help pick you up and encourage you to try again. They are the greatest treasure anypony can have, and one that nopony should be without.

Your most loyal subject
Rainbow Dash

The End

Comments ( 4 )

And we have reached our exiting conclusion.

130194 i called Rainbow giving him only the box.

That you did.

165894

No, it wasn't (though I can see why you would think that). She was one that got her wish granted earlier, but lost something that had great sentimental value to her. She went back to try to get Dark Genie to reverse things, but he refused. That's why she left in tears.

I used it to try and foreshadow that he may not quite be the nice stallion he seems to be.

Login or register to comment