• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 668 Views, 21 Comments

Fallout Equestria: A New Generation - Visharo



Sunny receives a strange letter that leads her and her friends to the forgotten Legends of Old.

  • ...
9
 21
 668

The Stories Unsaid

The five friends scrambled out of their sleep pods and promptly threw up all over the place. Pipp was crying, Izzy was shaking, Zipp and Hitch were holding each other, and Sunny was catatonic.

"Well that could've gone better," Blackjack muttered as she trotted over to a confused Littlepip.

"Why are they acting like this! This was probably one of my kindest memories, maybe I should've shown them that time we went to the moon. I suppose that was passive," Littlepip thought out loud.

***

"So, you feeling much better now?" Littlepip dragged everypony, including Blackjack, to their lounge area and set them on various seating places which consisted of two couches, a beanbag, a comfy chair, and three large pillows.

She got shaky nods and tearful eyes, except Sunny who was still catatonic.

"Should we worry about that orange mare? Sunny was it?" Blackjack waved a hoof in front of her face getting no response. She snorted, pulled back her hoof and plopped down on the chair.

"This was nothing! How are you so devastated? You said you could handle it, ponies of their word, I see," the smaller unicorn muttered.

"Hey you! What we just saw is not natural! It's one thing to talk about death, it's a whole new level to actually see it! WE WERE IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF YOU! WE FELT YOU SHOOT WHATEVER A STAR-SPAWN IS!" with each sentence, Zipp seemed to hyperventilate more. By the end, she was struggling to stand from the lack of oxygen.

"Pippy, you know how much I like a good fight, but maybe this was too violent? Maybe something...less bloody? Maybe something when you were watching a battle instead of participating?" Blackjack cringed as if the thought of not fighting hurt her.

"If you say so...what about the battle for Stable Hill? We didn't do much but watch," both Littlepip and Blackjack thought about what the small unicorn just said.

"Maybe, you did shoot that one stallion."

"Hey! He was going to hurt that innocent mare!" Littlepip glared at the other unicorn.

"Excuse me? C-can we not g-go into that thing again? L-like ever?" Pipp stuttered, still shaking. Izzy and Hitch huddled with the pegasus while Zipp trotted around muttering angrily. Sunny hasn't moved an inch after she got out, it was beginning to worry the others.

"But it's the best way to show you the wastes and the horrors we had to endure," Littlepip tilted her head, confused to why the five friends weren't appreciating history.

"W-who said we ever wanted to know about this!" Hitch shakily got to his hooves and yelled at the unicorn duo.

"Your friend Sunny said she wanted to kn..."

"Not about war or death! Just facts!" Hitch's voice was getting higher with every word.

"Fuck your ideas Pippy, 'go to Filly' you said, 'grab Aurora's projection orbs, modify them so we can transfer our own memories.' Great plan, really," Blackjack snorted before taking another swig.

"Well how else were we supposed to show the newer generation about the Equestrian Wasteland, Hoofington, and all those other places! The Homelands? Caledonia? How Blackjack, how?" Littlepip moved closer and closer to the white unicorn.

"Why do ponies always ask me that question? I'm not a smart pony!" to prove her point, Blackjack downed the whole bottle before levitating it onto her horn and grinned.

"C-Caledonia?" a soft voice startled everypony in the room and glanced around to find the speaker. Sunny has came out of her trance and was staring intently at Littlepip. After the initial shock, her friends rushed over and asked multitudes of questions which the poor mare struggled to answer. After a while, the others backed off after seeing the overwhelmed expression on her face. She took some time to regain a few breaths before trotting closer to the duo with questions in her eyes, but also a healthy amount of fear and awe.

"Ah, the sleeper awakens, what do you want to know filly?" Blackjack's voice took a strange accent and did a mock bow, the bottle still over her horn.

"Look out Sunny, bottles don't block magic! Tennis balls do though, does anypony have one?" Izzy whispered to her friends.

"There should be a tennis ball in the back," Littlepip gestured behind her. Izzy thanked her before galloping off.

"What are all those places you mentioned? Caledonia, Hoofington, and the rest?" Sunny plonked herself down on a pillow and got out her journal and prepared to take notes.

"Wouldn't you just want to see them instead? It's a whole lot ea..." Littlepip tried to say before she got interrupted.

"If you put any of us in that weird machine, I will have you arrested!" Hitch took a step forwards with a determined look in his brown eyes. Those eyes widened when he saw Blackjack rolling around, tears streaming down her face as she laughed hysterically, "umm...is she okay?"

"Nope, never was, never will be," Littlepip's magic floated the still giggling unicorn to a couch before turning to the orange earth pony, "there are many places in post-war Equestria, you got to be more specific."

"Were there any countries?" Sunny asked, her hoof gripping a pen.

"Caledonia was a country. The Homelands was a country I think. I'm not entirely sure, our zebra expert is passed out," and true to her words, Blackjack was indeed asleep with a silly smile, "Equestria obviously is still a country. Hoofington was more a state then a country...I haven't been there in years, maybe we should see what has changed..." Littlepip mused.

"Zebras?"

"Yeah, Zebras. Our 'mortal' enemy. Stupid pre-war cunts."

"Mortal enemy? What do you mean by that?" Zipp trotted up to them, her anger died down a bit.

"Equestria needed resources at the time and the Homelands had them, mistakes were made and all out war broke out. All lands were covered in blood within months, and soon that blood would be covered with megaspell balefire and radioactive snow. Families were driven apart, friends losing friends, treacheries and betrayals. Cloak and dagger became the only way to actually get things done, ponies and zebras alike, thought. Even the bloodthirsty became tired of the endless slaughter that beheld their lands. Then the world ended when the megaspells were fired. One by one, cities were annihilated. Entire populations gone in a blink. Those who survived, were never the same again."

Izzy came back from her tennis ball excursion, and took everything in. After a moment of indecision, she trotted over to where her friends were sitting and looked at Littlepip.

"What happened after the megaspells hit?" Pipp asked, seeming a while lot calmer then before.

"Radiation seeped into the land, tainting everything . Equestria was a harsh unforgiving place. Ponies, no matter how kind or cruel, turned into something they didn't want. Some turned into Ghouls from too much radiation, some were swallowed by the Goddess and got turned into Alicorns, some went completely mad and turned into Raiders. And that very small percent, those ponies were either enslaved, killed, or went to go make settlements. Very few settlements existed back then, and it took everything ponies had to keep their homes safe from the cruel outside."

"What were their names? The settlements I mean," Sunny wrote down a bunch of stuff in her journal before asking.

"New Appleloosa was my first friendly town, even if Calamity shot me," Littlepip chuckled then choked, she felt a stray tear slowly trace down her cheek. She sniffed, wiped away the tear and continued, "There was Tenpony Tower in Manehatten, friendly place. Friendship City, fucking Enclave had to ruin everything. Arbu, a town filled with cannibals. Ponyville was totally wiped out by raiders from what I've heard. Fillydelphia, the home of a million slavers and slaves. Bucklyn Cross, filled with Steel Rangers. Glyphmark, filled with Zebras, great place. Stable City, filled with Ghouls."

"Wow, that's a lot. What are Enclave or Steel Rangers?" Hitch tentatively asked.

"The Pegasus Enclave and Steel Rangers. Fucking cunts, all of them!" Littlepip snorted angrily.

"No need to get angry!" Hitch backed off, looking a bit pale.

"Sorry, I just hate them for being so selfish. Umm, where was I?"

"You were telling us about the settlements!" Izzy smiled helpfully.

"Ah yes. In the Hoofington section of Equestria, there were a lot. Chapel, Riverside, Megamart, the various Envlave stations, Reaper stadium, Meatlocker, and Flank. There are probably a few more, but I don't know much about Hoofington the Blackjack is. She was born there and suffered through it too. The worst place in all of Equus, Hoofington is."

"Hoofington sounds very big and scary," Pipp whimpered, causing Zipp to put a wing over her huddled body.

"I suppose, there is Caledonia with their few settlements. Dise, probably the largest city the wasteland had to offer. Marefort, Flankyard, Eye Glow, Karkhoof, Parasite Mound, Roam, and Bridle Hope. Again, I don't know much about the Caledonian Wastes as I've never been there. I just know what Spike told me."

"Who's Spike and how does he know so much?" Zipp asked.

"Ah, that is a secret. Any other questions before you make your journey home?"

"What I still don't get is why you wiped everypony's minds," Sunny asked, her eyes lost a bit of innocence.

"Because...War, war never changes."

Author's Note:

TADAAAA! My conclusion to this strange combo. If this didn't fir your tastes, go make your own! In fact, I encourage you to make your own!

If you have any idea or corrections to my story, feel free to message me. I don't mind if you point out my mistakes. From time to time, I will come back to this story and edit it, so if you read now and then read a month later, you might find some stuff that are different. This is just my writing style, so no need to worry.

I hope you enjoyed, and many Kudos to the kkat, Lauren Faust, and the Fallout Equestria Fimfiction group. You deserve much kudos for the crazy work you have put in.

Comments ( 3 )

I think you lost me with Littlepip and Security, and blah blah immortal, blah blah flash clones, blah blah ignorant of a true history

11153525
ah, sorry about that, i had an idea of this, then it kinda flopped so this is the best i could come up with.

11425228

11425229

11425230
It's Pinkie. Pinkie does this all the time in Fo:E stories. I'm guessing you haven't read them?

Login or register to comment