• Published 19th Jan 2022
  • 668 Views, 21 Comments

Fallout Equestria: A New Generation - Visharo



Sunny receives a strange letter that leads her and her friends to the forgotten Legends of Old.

  • ...
9
 21
 668

Night of the Changelings

So what's happening? Pipp asked, sounding a little bored.

This is where we got prepared for the upcoming fight. Blackjack's voice changed. It sounded more...happy. Sunny didn't know what to think about that.

When you mean fight, you mean with hooves and maybe sticks, right? Hitch asked with hope in his voice.

Oh, you silly colt. Back then we used blood, sweat, and steel! Blackjack was definitely a lot more happier. Maybe the whiskey was getting to her?

"Blackjack, are you sure we should do this? I mean these ponies are completely unknown to us and are worshipping a strange race called Changelings. I don't know what Changelings are! Do you!?" Past Littlepip confronted Past Blackjack while she was preparing her gear.

"Aw, come on Pippy! We haven't had anything to do in years! All we got to do is protect the pyres, easy enough. This is nothing compared to what we've done in the past. Battle for Hoofington? The Day of Sunshine and Rainbows? This will be a cakewalk!" Blackjack grinned as she tightened a strap on her barding.

"We had friends back then! Allies! For this, the Enlightened won't even lift a single hoof to help and don't you dare bring up that day!"

"Why not? It's been 700 years, the pain must've lessened a while ago."

"No. It hasn't."

"Yeah. It hasn't," Blackjack and Littlepip held each other for a little bit, a few tears shed for the friends they've lost, before getting back up and ignoring what just happened.

"Alright, five pyres. One in church and the other four are scattered in a circle around the church. How should we do this?" Littlepip muttered, trying to think strategy.

"Shoot whoever shoots us, simple," Blackjack finished with barding and with her magic, took out a bottle of Wild Pegasus and Duty.

"Fair maidens, the night is upon us!" The bearded pony shouted to the duo before galloping to the castle with a few more Enlightened after him.

Ugh, Observer Faithful. Hated that pony. Blackjack muttered, her happiness toned down a notch for which Sunny was grateful for.

Just because he called you a maiden? That doesn't make much sense. Izzy said with confusion.

A pony called me a maiden once. My friends killed him, after he almost destroyed the whole planet using a rocket called Tom. Long story. Remind me to not tell you it.

While they were muttering telepathically, Blackjack and Littlepip appeared to agreed to something as the former trotted off with her bottle. The latter stood in front of a pyre with her head held up high as she gazed around her. The six watchers could see the darkness of night obscuring the scenery. Wrecked buildings were harder to see, trees and bushes became a darker shade, and stars were glinting up in the sky.

Then they heard it. An unearthy roar. Everypony's blood froze.

"Star-spawn..." Littlepip whispered with fear. She glanced at her pyre and then the direction that Blackjack headed off to, before making the decision and galloped off. The Enlightened who was watching the pyre didn't even react to the roar nor to Littlepip leaving.

Loud thumping shook the earth as the Star-spawn came closer and closer while Littlepip searched for Blackjack in vain.

Where are you during all this? Sunny asked. And what's a Star-spawn?

I think I was drunk, can't remember much of this, that's why I wanted to go in with you guys. As for the Star-spawn, that's an Ursa Minor. A giant constellation bear. I've never met one, but Pippy has.

The latest roar sounded a whole lot closer. Littlepip glanced upwards and gasped. Sunny would've tilted her head in confusion if she could but she couldn't as she was in Littlepip's body. Why did she gasp? There is nothing there...the stars moved. THE STARS MOVED!

"Oh, fuck me twice with Luna's sword! BLAAACKJAAACK! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!"

"Fuck you cunt, I was trying to flirt with this pony here!" Littlepip whipper her head to Blackjack who was looking at the Star-spawn. She groaned inwardly when she realized that the white unicorn was drunk and lying on an Enlightened who looked very uncomfortable.

The six watched, in horror and glee, through Littlepip's eyes as Blackjack launched herself towards the beast. The bear was momentarily stunned, then growled and tried to step on the unicorn. Pipp shrieked mentally into their minds as they saw the giant invisible paw cracked the ground. Then a glow on top of the Star-spawn captured Littlepip's attention. Blackjack teleported onto it's back. Even from this far away, they could hear Blackjack laughing. The unicorn found her footing and started galloping upwards towards the head.

The Star-spawn however was having other plans. Before Blackjack could reach the top, the beast shook violently causing Blackjack to tumble off. She flew past Littlepip with curses flowing from her mouth before crashing through a wall. After checking Blackjack was ok, Littlepip glared upwards and took something out of her saddlebags. He green glow levitated out a very large tube looking thing.

Ah, that's why I can't remember. Oh by the way, thats a rocket launcher. Blackjack didn't explain any further and shushed Zipp who tried to ask.

Littlepip aimed with the rocket launcher before triggering it. It arced upwards and hit the Star-spawn with a blast so bright that the bear was visible for just a second before flickering away. Littlepip cussed again and reloaded the launcher. The Star-spawn roared and stepped on a building, crushing it to rubble. The grey mare grabbed the debris that was headed towards her with her magic. Izzy gasped at the telekinetic mastery.

Littlepip threw the rocks at the bear, distracting it for a bit, and aimed properly before firing. The flew straight and true, hitting the beast in the eye. At least that's what Sunny thought. A small hissing filled the air, then a large explosion. After the clouds dispersed, the mental link was filled with screaming.

Author's Note:

Yesh, another chapter!

...I don't have much notes. Umm, comment down below what I can do to make this story better, I will return to this chapter and a few others to make tweaks as they are not perfect yet.

Oh and the first month of 2022 is over, huzzah!

Did you know that the Friendship is Magic series is leaving February the 1st? That's just sad.