• Published 31st Dec 2021
  • 1,250 Views, 68 Comments

The Quiet Kid: Day by Day - aegishailstorm



The tale of a one man army's acclimation to day to day life in Equestria.

  • ...
63
 68
 1,250

PreviousChapters Next
"Treehouse!? Not on my castle grounds."

" And then, that SOB had the audacity to call me lazy!"

"Sir, your order's ready." William blinked, he had been standing in line for the past 5 minutes for a box of donuts. Which, regrettably, meant going to Sugercube corner. Though he never really understood why they called it a, 'corner,' which, unlike the name, was actually situated in the middle of the street, a least 50 feet away from all other buildings in the court. While suffering through Pinkie Pies insatiable rambling was usually a con of going to pick up more donuts, or sweets in general, it had been largely absent, something he was more than a little bit glad for. Which, oddly enough, had been relatively calm and uneventful. He had gotten up today, remarked on the beauty of the town through his bedroom window. Gotten dressed, eaten breakfast, brushed his teeth. And then headed out for, 'grocery shopping.' And here he was now, mumbling about his first encounter with Sombra. Who he didn't think was worthy of the respect of being called a king. In front of a pony that most definitely didn't have the security clearance to know about this stuff. He couldn't care less.

"Thanks," He set 2 bit's on the table, " Have a good nice day Mrs. Cake." He turned around and walked past the growing line of ponies. " You too William!" He forced as he hopped off the porch and headed southwest towards his house with a box of what he called, 'éclair dogs,' which where essentially just long donuts with chocolate drizzled on top and a filling of whipped cream. It was then when he realized that today was the end of summer vacation for the students of Twilight's school. Albeit, what with next to 0 responsibilities and a perfect climate. It was always vacation time in this place. He was now faced with the moral dilemma of first taking his box of food home, ensuring it's safety behind a bulletproof, and magic proof fridge, then going to the school to check out the renovations. Or, he could go straight there, and risk his eclairs being stolen or worse, having to share them. " Damnit world." He cursed under his breath as he stomped his boot into the ground.

"Hey... William?" William eyed the alicorn walking up behind him. " Hey Joey, question, have you ever had one of those moments in your life where-" William stopped and rethought his wording. He just decided to scrap the who sentence all together.

"Dude, what are you talking about? I was just on my on my way over to your house, are you losing it?" William looked over at his friend. " No, I'm not. I'll be right back." He ducked into an alleyway, and disappeared behind a collection of raised flower beds. Joey shook his head. " Sure you aren't. Sure." Joey flew off in the opposite direction.

"Anndd... Safe!" William exclaimed, gently setting the box down on his kitchen countertop. Something he had just recently discovered about food in Equestria. Food'll get stale if left out for to long, but it'll never rot. Even so, he still preferred his milk and lemonade cold over warm. With that out off the way, he crept his way back over to the School of Friendship. He still dispised the name. Nothing would ever change that.

" So, I see this place is the same ####storm it was 3 months ago!" William cried out, knocking on his own helmet. " Spike! Twilight appeared right in front of him in a flash of purple light. " What? Did some creature throw themselves off a cliff? Is Sombra back?"

"What? No, no. We only have 20 highlighter's, and they're all orange!" William beat the palm of his hand into his face. "Damnit Twilight. Stop over reacting. Just go buy more. Besides, what could they possibly need highlighters for?" Joey stood silent behind him. Watching the conversation play out. " Hey Twilight, how's your morning gone?" He asked.

"Oh, hi Joey, good. Aside from, you know, the the start of the school year?" William turned back towards the doorway just as the young six came rushing in. Yona tripped on the entrance and went tumbling past him. " Hey kids, so, how'd your summer go? Actually, don't answer that. Mine was great though."

"This is a surprise, why are you all here so early?" Twilight asked the group. " we're not here for school," Smolder explained.

"Yeah, we're back because the Tree of Harmony called us here!" William's blood ran cold. He could feel his gloved hands beginning to ball up into fists. " Where is it?" He asked, as calmly as his ego allowed him. " Well, it sorta came to us in a vision-" William relaxed. "

"But how? It's gone! Sombra destroyed it!" The group gasped in shock. " Y'all didn't know?" William chuckled, he had been there when it happened. But while the six had seemed devastated by it's demise, William had felt nothing at all, other than a faint sense of relief. In his eyes, that tree was a manipulative supernatural tyrant. And had proved it on multiple occasions. The mere knowledge that it wasn't entirely gone unnerved him far more than it should have.

"What about the elements of harmony? Doesn't that mean the Everfree forest will take over?!" The young group asked in a worried tone. Silverstream added that last bit. " Calm down, the forest won't be taking over much of anything. Besides, I like the peace and eerie quiet." Twilight didn't know what he meant, but decided not to question it. " Yona not scared of Puckwages anymore. Friends save whole school from evil pegasus-"

"No, you didn't. Y'all were up ### creek without a paddle 'till I showed up. So do us all a favor, and stop telling lies." It was true that she and her friends had helped with it. But it was William who struck Cozy Glow with a rubber bullet. It was always fun and games for the villain until they encountered a being like William that actually knew what they were doing. Sighing in disappointment. He left. he wanted to get back to his donuts. And thankfully, Joey didn't follow.


"I'll save the rest of 'em for later." William refolded the box, and hopped out onto his back porch." I'll bet those idiots went to see the corpse of that tree!" He whispered to himself. Locking his door and taking off into the forest. Whistling 'big iron,' as he went along. William's mood had lightened immensely since he left the school. And the woods only made it better. "Gah!!!" He yelped in pain as he stubbed his toe. " How in the- ####!? He stomped his foot in irritation. Despite his boot, he still somehow managed to stub it. Thus, ruining his mood. He still tried to remain as happy as was possible for him. After a while, he cam to a small creek, and decided to sit on down and take a break. Looking up at the clear blue dome of a sky. With an annoyed groan. "I like being able to talk as loud as I want and not have anycreature answer back." He laughed, and got back up, continuing his whistling. Singing and whistling were 2 very different things. And he much preferred the later.

" Rain. Perfect." He said with no sarcasm whatsoever. William loved rain, and the dark grey sky brought his relatively cheerful mood back. he threw a light poncho, and continued on his way. He descended a series of eroding stone steps propped up against the edge of a ravine. And made his way across the valley floor into the familiar cave which housed, or, used to house the Tree of Harmony. It was also the place where he brutally exterminated clones of the main six which Chrysalis had summoned out of logs in an attempt to try to steal the Elements of harmony. Completely forgetting that they could be used by the six and only the six. And besides, the clones were polar opposites of Twilight and her friends. Now, in their place, where the young six. Singing.

" Nevermind." William awkwardly turned around and speed walked back up the ravine. Taking shelter from the rain in one of his favorite places. The abandoned castle of the 2 sisters. Which had long been his go to place for blowing off steam. A sort of... Vacation home for himself. He took up post behind a wall on a bed of dry moss. And drifted off to sleep.

"Ugh, who's lobbing artillery at me?" He awoke with a groan. Struggling to his knee's, he glared out the window to find what at first glance, looked to be a scale replica of Twilight's castle. "What did they do to my courtyard!?" He demanded, pulling himself to his feet. He stormed out of a side exit, and stared up at the castle, which, upon closer examination. Was actually a treehouse. And, to add to his disbelief. The spirit of Harmony was out in front, talking to the young six. " Just wait and see..." He muttered. Slipping into the shadows.

Later that evening...

That was it. William had had enough, the longer he had stared at that ugly crystalline abomination of a structure. The more he hated it. Twilight's castle was ok. But this, this thing had just popped right up out of the ground in one of his favorite places in Equestria. Just like a weed. And, just as one would do to a weed. William got rid of it. In the dead of night, a series of dim explosions rocked the castle grounds. And, when daylight once peeked up over the horizon the next morning. There was nothing left. " A treehouse, a giant crystalline weed!? Not here!"

PreviousChapters Next