• Published 31st Dec 2021
  • 1,247 Views, 68 Comments

The Quiet Kid: Day by Day - aegishailstorm



The tale of a one man army's acclimation to day to day life in Equestria.

  • ...
63
 68
 1,247

PreviousChapters Next
The Brief Crusade of Las Pegasus

"Ah, I'm back!" William exclaimed as he sat up in his bed, looking over his body, sure enough. He was human again. While not particularly eager to start the day, he anxiously awaited his daily mug of coffee. He pushed himself out of his bed, tripping on the sheets as he did and hitting the floor with a mixture of both pain and surprise, "Ah yes, just have to remember how to walk as a human, oh ####, what is my life?" He murmured to himself as he stood up, slid his sidearm into a thigh holster. Satisfied by the click as the weapon locked into place. As he did, he looked up at the wall just parallel to his bed, there, in a frame made from salvaged M1911 walnut grip's. Was a photo. The only one in his otherwise bland bedroom. This wasn't just any photo however, it was a photo of himself...The pony version of himself, perched on the highest tower of the castle of the 2 sisters, looking up at the full moon with hopeful eyes and a rifle in his hooves. Quite scenic, he thought to himself. It was a reminder to him that there where still thing's in equestria worth fighting for, namely, more fighting. The photo bought with it a small feeling of euphoria and joy as it came into his point of view for just a moment. All ready to begin the day, he swung the bedroom door open and stepped out into the hallway.

He headed downstairs to his kitchen, grabbed a bag of pre ground coffee, and threw it in the machine along with some water. He stood motionless as it brewed, slowly tapping his foot as he did. Eventually, he heard a beep as the coffee finished, going to his cupboard. He snatched up his favorite mug, all black, emblazoned with the words "Leave me alone." On one side, on the other was the insignia of his favorite coffee company, BRC, or "Black Rifle Coffee." Just one of the few things he had grabbed up during his birthday. Seeing as the snow outside had long since melted away, so he just shoved it into into his freezer instead. Having exhausted what little patience he had, he had a better idea than just standing around in his kitchen while the coffee cooled down to his preferred temperature. He swung his back door open anyway. And, taking a Block 2 M4 rifle in his hands, took aim at the patch of trees on the far side of his yard. Changed firing modes from full to semi automatic, set the notches which he had previously carved into a nearby oak tree, and opened fire. As he slowly, but steadily emptied the 30 round magazine, his mind began to wander. He fell into what could only be described as a "Gun trance," the result of what other's considered, "To much time on the range," He didn't care. Subconsciously, his left hand dropped the empty magazine, at the same time, an fresh one appeared in his right hand, slamming the new one home, and triggering the bolt catch release all in one, fluid, practiced motion.

"Well, that was a nice warm up for the day." He dropped the M4 to his chest, feeling as the Nomex sling tightened. He headed back inside, and grabbed his coffee from the fridge. Sipping it first to ensure it was just right. He swigged the whole thing down his throat in one go, burping once upon finishing it. He set the mug down on his countertop. Grabbed a single doughnut and apple from his fridge. And consumed the both of them, then he began the complicated, yet brief process of getting ready for the outside world.

Aggressively, he strapped on an unmarked ballistic vest. Then came his helmet, last came a warbelt. Which went on over his regular belt, loaded with all the things he would potentially need for his day, as well as a pair of beige combat boot's. Seeing that he already had on a pair of tactical gloves, he made for his front door, and threw it open. Stepping out onto his front porch. "Hello world, ya ready for hell?" He exclaimed, drawing a few worried looks from the equines around him. He ignored them, and headed down the street, unsure of how to spend his time. It wasn't long before he found what he was after.

"There you are, little monster, now just what are you up to?" William murmured himself, peaking around a corner, there, not 30 yards away, was Derpy Hooves, and Cozy Glow, Derpy was dragging a cart loaded with unmarked boxes. The sheer absurdity of it all put a wide smirk on his face. It had been over a month since he had last encountered that little pegasus. Something about that creature just made him suspicious, he had a gut feeling that it was up to something. But so far, his paranoia had led nowhere, still, he wasn't about to let up. Curiously, he followed her, all the way to Twilight's office in the school of friendship, crouching behind a support pillar, he watched as she pushed the door open.

"Professor Sparkle? The mail pony just came with, uh-uh a few things." She opened the door fully, revealing the boxes to both Twilight, and Rarity. "Oh, the sewing machines I ordered for my class!" Clearly excited, she rushed to the boxes and began caressing's them, much to William's disgust. "Hey, idiot's, what the hell is going on here?!" He shouted, bringing himself out of hiding, and shimmying his way past the boxes and overexcited unicorn into Twilight's office. He found Cozy standing there beside him, who he quickly shot a look of, "Make one move and I will ####ing end you." She swallowed hard, and didn't respond. he turned and looked over at Twilight, who was sitting at her desk, tapped to the window's behind her where what appeared to be dozens upon dozens of cards.


"Uh, I'm sorry, no, just kidding, who sent you like... 50 cards?" He demanded, scratching his head. Twilight took a stack of papers from out of Cozy Glow's hooves and began to read the first one, "These machines where costly-" William turned to Rarity," I don't give a ####, put those away!" She cowered for a moment, and levitated the cover back onto the crate. Much to William's satisfaction. He was overjoyed at the prospect that temporarily being one of them had not made him lose his ability to intimidate them. He turned to Twilight, and watched as the color in her face began to fade.

"Read this." She said, William grabbed it in his hand's and began to read. He squinted at the text, "Why waste your time at a friendship school that's just a school? Learn everything they e half, throwing on the ground at Twilight's hooves. He pulled a forest multicam ski mask down over his wicked smile, "Twilight, pack your thing's, we are leaving."

"For where?" The 3 of them asked, to their surprise, a broadsword appeared in his right hand, in his left, he picked up the discarded scrap's of paper. "We're going on a ####ing crusade! Now, hmmm...Ah, this says it's in Las Pegasus!" He rushed to the doorway, shoving his way past the stack of boxes. As he did, he took one final look back at Twilight, "William-" He held up his hand.

"No, just no. This bull#### cannot be allowed to exist any longer." He sprinted down the hallway, almost tripping on the carpet as he did. As William faded out of sight of the three, a call of, "SICUT VULT!!!" Echoed through the hallway's. Starlight Glimmer peaked out of her office door for a moment, "What was that?" She asked Twilight, who sighed and hung her head low.

"William's headed to Las Pegasus." Starlight scratched her head, "Why?" She paused for a moment. "Oh, well, good luck dealing with him, you'll need it." William had just exited the school grounds, and was now headed for the nearest hot air balloon he could find. Saliently cursing at the fact that he no longer had wings. "Oh well, the hand's make and the intimidation factor more than make up for it." He reminded himself.

One airship flight later...

"What the #### am I looking at?" William stood in the center of Las Pegasus, looking around at the vast expanse of building's, "It's like Vegas, but no desert. "He looked around, and soon caught sight of a light blue unicorn stallion, a map in it's magical grasp, he casually strolled over to it, trying to appear as friendly as one could while hefting a 4 foot long broadsword. "Hello sir-" The creature stopped and looked up from it's map, and looked up at the furious and towering form of William, oddly enough, he didn't run. "Well sir, it's right over there. If you don't mind me asking, what are you?" William let out a booming laugh." That's on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know. Thanks' for the help!" He ruffled it's mane and rushed to the building which the unicorn had gestured to. Just as William predicted, it's exterior looked nothing like a university, and more like a casino. He gave the resting on his thigh a firm tug. Let out a single, measured breath, cracked one of the door's open, and tossed a single flashbang inside. Upon hearing the successful detonation he kicked the door's open the rest of the way and stormed inside. Glock 18 in one hand and sword in the other.



"Alrightly, I'm here, who want's to die?!" He screamed. As the smoke cleared he realized he might have just made the slightest mistake, before him lay about 200 ponies, all laying on the ground. Their hooves cupped over their ears, a few were crying. "Uh, sorry folk's, 'twas an accident!" His statement did nothing to lighten the mood of the room. He looked up at the stage, their stood a pair of unicorn's, both with the same red manes and yellow fur, most distinctly, they had mustache's. Angrily, William shoved them both to the ground, "Alright," He racked the machine pistol in his hand, "Start talking, who's in charge here?" Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a very familiar robed unicorn walking through the destroyed front door's. Their gazes met one another, "Leave, now. Disobey, and this time, a rifle stock shaped bruise on your muzzle will be the least of your worries." Franticly nodding, he turned and left without saying a single word. Angered, he turned back to the near identical unicorn stallion's cowering in fear on the ground before him.

"You, you, pack up your thing's, and never return, y'all are lucky I have a thing against killing ponies." He looked up at the groggy crowd before him, he stepped over the nearest podium, sheathing the sword, and leaving his hand free to tap the microphone a single time. "Uh, again, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry, and, free advice, if you want to learn about friendship, than ask for a refund, leave, and go try and make some. Ponies naturally have a herd mentality, it shouldn't be that hard." He took his hand off the mic, and left the room, watching as one by one, the ponies in the crowd left. Among them, was a particularly old looking one, a grey unicorn stallion, clad in blue wizard robe's, with a long beard.

"Greeting's sir, might I ask, who gave you the authority to shut this establishment down?" William laughed again. "Well, that's a very good question, I did. Plus, it was pretty obvious that those idiot's up on stage where scamming everpony, friendship is, at it's core, a brain generated emotion. And, just like any emotion, it is my belief that it should be free. Actually, it's not my belief, tell me, Starswirl, have you ever heard of something called, common sense?" He paused for a moment, then chuckled. "Well sir, you certainty are not wrong. Have a good day." William smiled under his mask, and gave the old wizard a thumb's up.

"Sicut Vult." He whispered to himself as he sat on the front steps, As I will it.

PreviousChapters Next