• Published 31st Dec 2021
  • 1,249 Views, 68 Comments

The Quiet Kid: Day by Day - aegishailstorm



The tale of a one man army's acclimation to day to day life in Equestria.

  • ...
63
 68
 1,249

PreviousChapters Next
Lemme Have My Fun!

And so the sun set once more on Equestria, William and the young six went their separate ways, and after a while, he slipped back under the familiar covers of his bed.

"William! William!" He heard a voice calling through his dreamscape.

"Ugh, who's intrupting my warcrimes!?"

"Warcrimes?" The shimmering form of Luna appered before him.

"Oh, it's you, finally built up the confidence to visit me?" She rolled her eyes.

"Well, yes, you're one of the few cretures in this world that genuinely scares me."

"I'm not apologizing, it's not my fault I enjoy...this." He waved his hand a the battlefield around them.

"I know that, and I also know that thee also has a secret."

"Which secret?" She smiled, and her horn lit up. William looked down at his body, to find it changed into a pegasus.Or, rather, a pegarin. Part pegasus, part kirin. He raised a foreleg, and examined it closely, it was covered in light brown fur. He looked back at his new wings, and gave them a flap. He shifted both eyes up to look at his forehead, there, hidden by his new mane, was a small, root-like horn. A mirror appeared before him. He swallowed hard, and looked away.

"Go on ahead, look." Slowly, he raised his head back up, staring into the mirror, what looked back at him was, well... it wasn't quite as bad as he had imagined , in fact, it was comforting in a way. A pair of massive, nervous, confused brown eyes met his own gaze. A horrified expression plastered across it's face.


"You don't have to hide it here, it's your dream after all."

"Alright, fine, please, just- Don't tell anyone, or anypony, or...you get the point."


"As you wish, Hailstorm." In a flash of light, she was gone, leaving William, sitting on his new hind legs, in the ruins of his dreamscape. Having an existential crisis.


"Damnit! Why does this always happen? How could she have found out- oh, right, alicorn of the night thing." He raised a hoof to rub his temples, growling in annoyance as he found his hands gone. Replaced by a hard piece of keratin.

"Well, this is what I wanted, may as well try and get used to it." He pushed himself to all fours, only to stumble back and fall.

"Ahh!!!" He sat up in bed in a cold sweat. franticly, he yanked the rest of the sheets off, to find himself still whole, and still human.

"Whew, weirdest #### I've been through so far." He slid off to the side of his bed, catching himself on the floor. He stumbled over to the windowsill, and pulled the curtains back aside, once more letting the morning sun into his room. Squinting slightly as he looked down at the street below.

"This place needs some rain and clouds damnit, I'll have to talk to Rainbow about that later. "He spun 180 degrees, and walked downstairs. Grabbing a banana on on the way, he threw the front door open, and sat down on his porch, he grabbed the newspaper sitting on the cobble, and began to read.

"Ponyville losses entire pottery surplus to unidentified psychopathy." Was on the front page, he laughed at this.

"Well, least I had some fun with it!" He exclaimed. He raised his head, to see Joey trotting up to his house, as usual, htis time around, the sound of hoofbeats made him jump.

"Ah!-Heh, hi Joey, so, what's your reason for interrupting my quiet today?"

"Morning William, got back home from Los Pegasus last night, it was amazing. I mean, an entire city in the clouds, I mean, when I heard about it, I thought they were joking, but, sure enough, it was awesome, I even got a photo with Rainbow!" He reached into his saddlebags, and pulled out a picture.

"Eh, Joey, ever stop for a moment to thing that you might be acting a little to much like a 5 year old?" He paused for a moment, and shrugged.

"No, I'm just having fun, what's wrong with that?"

"There isn't anything inherently wrong with having fun, it's the way you express it that makes me furious."


" Anything else that isn't aneurysm inducing? "Joey nodded.

"Yes, according to Twilight, it's the 1,111th anniversary of Princess Celestia raising the sun. She's putting on a play to commemorate it." William facepalmed.

And I suppose you want me to help you set it up?"

"Well, yes." He sighed in disappointment, and stood up.

"Fine, don't bother showing me the way, I already know it."


William sat on the stands, watching as the six and Starlight labored away on stage.


"I have great news everypony!" Twilight walked through the center of the stands, right up to the stage.

"What, you're terminally ill with cancer?" He asked sarcastically.

"Princess Celestia is gonna be our star!" He watched as the six gasped in shock.

" Yeah, that's how I felt too." Said Spike, folding his arms.

"Hey, everypony, stop! "William shot up from his seat.

"Here me out, there's no reason for you to panic, just act like she's just another pony, that's what I do whenever I'm around her, and look, she couldn't care less."

"Another pony? But, she's the princess!"

"Well, she was a little nervous at first," Twilight continued "But I told her not to worry, with us helping, it'll all go smooth as-."

"Silk." Rarity cried out.

"Oh for the love of- Can' you ponies just be normal for 2 seconds!?"


"Williams got a point on this one, why are y'all so starstruck? We've met princess Celestia before, plenty of times."


"Hey what's that sound?" William asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I think I hear the Everfree forest calling my name, I'll be back in a moment." He turned, and sprinted off as fast as he could.


"Anyway, lets get started!"

As William sprinted away from the school grounds, and idea began to form in his head, he thought back to the first night he had spent back in Equestria.


"Oh hell yeah." He changed course, and headed for his house, his laptop specifically.

A crowd gathered on the stands, just as the sun was getting low in the sky, Twilight was as ready, or, at least she though she was, she had spent almost the entire day trying to perfect every single aspect of the play, namely, Celestia's acting, Williams sudden disappearance hadn't helped.

"Ok, I tried, I tried, and tried, but we have to face facts, we can't make Celestia an actress, so there's only one thing we can do."

"Tell her the truth finally?" Applejack asked.

"No!"Joey walked up on stage.

"Hey, you guy's know where William ran off to? I've been looking for him all day, but I couldn't find him. I even checked the Everfree forest, still nothing."

"Well, I-" A massive bang echoed out across the valley, filling the evening sky with light, gunshot after gunshot followed. They could hear music, faintly playing in the distance.

"What is that?" Joey's eyes widened.

"Heh, sounds like William, Seven nation army to be exact, oh boy, this is going to be a treat!"

"Wait, what's Seven Nation Army?" Celestia asked.

"It's...human music, one of William's favorites, just listen." More gunshots and mortar rounds filled the sky. Casting long shadows over the town. All perfectly choreographed together into one, giant display of musical violence.


I'm gonna fight 'em all

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

They're gonna cross me soon

takin' their time right behind my back...

"What does he mean by cross him?" Celestia murmured.

And I'm talking to myself at night

Because I can't forget

Back and forth through my mind

Behind an M82 Barrett

"Creepy." Commented Rainbow.


And a message coming from my eyes says leave it alone

Don't wanna hear about it

Every single one's got a story to tell

Everycreature knows about it

From the Princess of Equestria to the hounds of Tartarus

And if I catch you coming back my way

I'm gonna serve it to you

And that ain't what you want to hear

But that's what I'll do

"Is he threatening me!?" Called Prince Blue Blood.

And a feeling coming from my bones says keep on fightin'

And so I'm gonna stay right here

And put up with this nonsense forever more

I'm gonna hunt them all

Make the lead fly out of every barrel

And I'm angry and I'm angry

And I'm angry all the more

All the words are gonna bleed from me

And I will think no more

And the stains on my armor tell me keep on goin'

All at once, the gunfire ceased, the last remaining echoes fading as the sun set below the horizon, leaving the entire crowd, along with the royal sisters, and Joey, speechless.

PreviousChapters Next